7.5

1. Jan 4, 2015
    The combat I found to be very standard, really nothing to get excited about.
    The combat I found to be very standard, really nothing to get excited about.
    The story I really loved, until I didn't. Without going into spoilers, quite a ways into the game the pull a few "Just kidding! They didn't REALLY die!" cards in a row. It just took all of the emotional impact out of the game for me as anytime anything bad happened I was just waiting for it because they did it so many times.
    Also, I only really cared for the original IV. IV-2 & 3 were both just quite lackluster and I didn't even bother finishing 3 after about 20 hours spent on it.
    IV is worth getting and playing through if you've played many other Final Fantasy titles and would like to see the rest.

#7 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2011
#7 Most Shared PSP Game of 2011

1. Jul 11, 2011
    As a historical piece, it is practically unparalleled. As a modern game, it is rife with issues that would never be tolerated. In the end, it is a great addition for fans and collectors, but of very little value to new gamers.
  2. Jun 19, 2011
    At the mere mention of the name Final Fantasy IV, I was all over the opportunity to review this game. This is one of my favorite Final Fantasy of all time and easily one of the greatest RPGs ever made. It has memorable characters, awesome music and a story that is truly exceptional. You would be crazy not to pick up the Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection for PSP. Doesn't matter if you've played it a few times or a hundred, this is a RPG for the ages.
  3. May 25, 2011
    Regardless of how may iterations of Final Fantasy IV you have played over the years, this one lives up to its namesake. It is indeed the most complete collection of the Final Fantasy IV experience that has been released yet.