7.2

1. Oct 18, 2013
    Awful.
    This is why GTA should never try another formula like Overhead
    Action is bad, controls are awful, and impossible to shoot anything.
    A waste of money, stay away
  2. Sep 29, 2013
    "Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars" es uno de los mejores juegos para la PSP, por la razón de que lograron hacer lo que hicieron en las otras diferentes consolas de Sony, en la PSP y no me confundan, tiene muy buena jugabilidad y buenos gráficos para ser la PSP. Buen juego y da mucho para reflexionar de lo buena que es esta saga.
  3. Jun 3, 2013
    Although Liberty City Stories runs it pretty close, for me at least, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is quite simply the best game ever made for Sony's Playstation Portable. While it obviously lacks the wonderfully tactile touchscreen elements that helped make the Nintendo DS original feel so very special in the first place, from just about every other perspective (most notable of whichAlthough Liberty City Stories runs it pretty close, for me at least, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars is quite simply the best game ever made for Sony's Playstation Portable. While it obviously lacks the wonderfully tactile touchscreen elements that helped make the Nintendo DS original feel so very special in the first place, from just about every other perspective (most notable of which are the vastly superior graphical clout and additional content/missions), this PSP edition blows it's dual-screened sibling clean out of the water.

Meanwhile, for any and all Playstation Vita owners out there who enjoyed Chinatown Wars on PSP and haven't played it to the point of fatigue already, I wholeheartedly recommend picking it up again via a convenient (and very reasonably priced) PSN download. On Vita's larger 5in display, the game looks far, far better than it ever did on PSP, and a million miles from it's DS debut. And what with Vita's much improved analogue sticks, Chinatown Wars not only controls and handles better than ever, it feels absolutely fresh and utterly sensational all over again.

9.5 out of 10
  4. May 7, 2013
    Absolutely the best portable GTA i have ever played. I myself have LCS and VCS, but this one is off the charts. The one thing that i definetely enjoyed was the humor; it was dirty, in the best way that you can put it. Addicting mini-games, great story. The only downside was the detail of the characters; it should be a little better. 9/10.
  5. Jan 1, 2013
    Chinatown really packs a punch and makes GTA III look Old fashioned. The cutscenes are Retro style and the story is excellent. A worthy game indeed and really should have an award for best agme on PSP.
  6. Mar 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the kind of game that you really have to play to get into it's atmosphere. Apart from the perspective, it has as much content as any other modern GTA, and even more than the other two PSP titles. I guess people that complain about the viewing perspective of the game and the toned down, cartoonish graphics have no idea where GTA is coming from. Expand
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    this is not gta. its a crap game. Are we in the PSone era? No where in the PS3 era. Do not make a crap game like this again rockstar. I took it back and lied and said it was broken and got my money back!
  8. Sep 9, 2011
    Take-Two have obviously payed for reviews. The game is well structured, and is fun quite a lot, but it's not amazing. I would recommend you buy it, but don't expect something amazing.
  9. Feb 8, 2011
    This game is really fun. I think this is one of the funniest GTA on psp. The graphics isn't like the other one but its still good. I love this game. The story is great and the gameplay is just right. One of psp best action driving games. One of my favorite psp games. Different from the other gta games but it still have the same story line and gameplay with a lot of extra. Love theThis game is really fun. I think this is one of the funniest GTA on psp. The graphics isn't like the other one but its still good. I love this game. The story is great and the gameplay is just right. One of psp best action driving games. One of my favorite psp games. Different from the other gta games but it still have the same story line and gameplay with a lot of extra. Love the characters in the game. This game didn't take me a long time to figure out. Expand

As a PSP game, it's still a well-done portable GTA; not necessarily a better one than before. But that's fine; it's still worth playing Chinatown Wars for those bite-size bits of the GTA formula, and if you're still warm to it, then definitely give it a go.
    An absolute blast from start to finish with plenty of trademark Liberty City locales ripe for exploration, not to mention a cast of incredibly memory characters (Chan Jaoming, I hardly knew ya.) If you're looking for a good action adventure experience that harkens back to the more cartoony Grand Theft Auto days, then Chinatown Wars is certainly worth the investment.
  3. Chinatown Wars on PSP was always going to be a port job, and though it soils some of DS original's intuitive mini-games it maintains the inventive, thoroughly entertaining and built-for-handheld mission structure of the original - and that's what we loved most in the first place.