Gun Showdown PSP

7.5

1. JojP.
    May 28, 2007
    An excellent western story completely ruined by the worst controls ever on a psp game!
  2. RyanC.
    Dec 6, 2007
    Gun showdown has a very good story line and very creative characters, which it uses to fantastic effect in its story clips. Its story mode is also very strong, but doesn't have that final push to make it that bit better. Some side missions can be very frustrating and impossible to complete and I was stuck on level 3 for about a week, however its ad hoc play is excellent where you can Gun showdown has a very good story line and very creative characters, which it uses to fantastic effect in its story clips. Its story mode is also very strong, but doesn't have that final push to make it that bit better. Some side missions can be very frustrating and impossible to complete and I was stuck on level 3 for about a week, however its ad hoc play is excellent where you can link up with another friend who has the game and play wirelessly. It has fantastic settings and scenery in its online play, which are levels from the story mode and more can be unlocked as you go through the game. You can also play without someone in a online atmosphere where characters are controlled by the system itself and this can bring much entertainment. I would recommend this game for its creativity, great graphics, characters and the story that flows through it and its multiplayer. Expand
  3. NickS.
    Nov 26, 2006
    I waited to finish the game before rating it. I personally would recommend it, good graphics, great music, and generally good fun. The first few hours of game play made me almost regret buying it, but once the story develops and missions become more interesting, you'll find yourself fairly captivated and the many side missions provide a healthy distraction. The best thing about the I waited to finish the game before rating it. I personally would recommend it, good graphics, great music, and generally good fun. The first few hours of game play made me almost regret buying it, but once the story develops and missions become more interesting, you'll find yourself fairly captivated and the many side missions provide a healthy distraction. The best thing about the game is the vast terrain on which you can ride through with your horse, there is something therapeutic about it. Its not the perfect game however, the slo-motion gundraw option is faily poor, which made me doubt the psp can emulate the Matric / Max Payne Style gameplay. Also, there are only 4 or 5 kind of enemies, in a melee you'll find youreslf shooting at an army of twins/triplests. But all in all, its worth a buy especially if you like western style games. Expand

#66 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006
#27 Most Shared PSP Game of 2006

1. Gun Showdown manages to improve on the original in many ways. You get more content (and thus correcting one of the main faults against the game), multiplayer and portable-friendly minigames. The underlying gameplay is still top-notch and the presentation is as well.
  2. GUN Showdown sets a new standard of wild west action gameplay that merges an epic, and oft-times emotional story with challenging gameplay and realistic horseback riding and mounted combat.
  3. With a compelling storyline, and load times that don’t keep you guessing when you’ll get to play, this is a great mature title in a time period that is often left neglected.