MediEvil: Resurrection PSP

• Release Date: Sep 13, 2005
8.7

1. Alex
    Oct 4, 2005
    Very fun and VERY addicting. The only problem i've found is the controls are a bit clunky. using the analog stick somewhat solves this problem though. 9.5/10
    Sep 7, 2005
    It's fun to play it good humor!
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    Great remake of a great game!
  4. May 30, 2012
    This was the first game I bought for psp because I was a huge fan of the original. Resurrection is definitely an able attempt at a remake, especially for a portable system, but there were a few things I thought could have been better. The framerate slows down when you're outside but runs fine when you enter a building. I'm wondering if this would be fixed if they crossed it over to theThis was the first game I bought for psp because I was a huge fan of the original. Resurrection is definitely an able attempt at a remake, especially for a portable system, but there were a few things I thought could have been better. The framerate slows down when you're outside but runs fine when you enter a building. I'm wondering if this would be fixed if they crossed it over to the vita. The hit detection could have used more work. Also the game feels a little bit rushed toward the end, it's missing a few of my favorite areas from the original, like the hedge maze and time machine levels. Aside from those things though, the tim-burton-esque tone is still present, story telling is solid, level exploration is fresh and rewarding, it's a good game even on it's own merits. Expand
  5. May 10, 2014
    un buen remake de un buen juego falto que conservaran algunas cosas del juego original y el idioma español pero aun asi no le quita lo bueno ya que tiene un monton de cosas nuevas que destacan que el juego sea bueno y la llegada de minijuegos entre otras cosas
  6. Wongit
    Sep 16, 2005
    Alot funner then i expected. I was expecting something tottaly weak like Death Jr. or Dead to Rights: Reckoning, but this game is actually alot of fun, and is pretty clever. Pick this one up, its definetly a good choice.
  7. BernardW.
    Nov 9, 2005
    A witty and accomplished adventure, most people would have fun with this.
  8. ToniM.
    Sep 24, 2005
    I like this game a lot. The graphics are wonderful, the humour is great, just a overall good game that's lots of fun to play!
  9. JamesH.
    Apr 28, 2006
    Great voice overs, funny but game play could be a little more challenging.
  10. ZippyZee
    Oct 12, 2005
    Fun game, don't know why people are giving it bad reviews and meta scores it low...??
  11. NickB.
    Mar 12, 2007
    A fun game, but I found the camera (like many first gen PSP games) had a wonky control that made it dizzying to play and focus on. In the end I had to give up because of it (sigh).
  12. Oct 27, 2016
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?

Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Story: 16/20
    Gameplay: 13/20
    Sound: 15/20
    Technik: 17/20
    Texturen: 13/20

Mein persönlicher Score: 73/100
    Mein User Score: 7/10

Lohnenswert? = JA
    Fortsetzung erwünscht? = Ich bete schon seit Jahren auf einen dritten Teil!

#27 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#10 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

1. Judged purely on its own merits on this platform it looks like it might be vaguely interesting, but all too soon you're dragged into the real world and forced to acknowledge that despite its warm touches of humour, the hackandslash action is nowhere near the standard we expect from a full-priced game these days.
  2. Play Magazine
    MediEvil is ultra-polished, filled with wonder and brilliant level design and set to a soundrack I'd put up against any cosole game on the market. [Sept 2005, p.61]
  3. Pelaaja (Finland)
    MediEvil on PSP feels too much like a half-hearted rehash of the old PlayStation game, but with with some new faults. The fighting degenerates into a simple hack’n’slash, despite different weapons and attack combos. The controls are just not good enough for varied combat. Despite the repetitive and simple combat and platforming sections, the reason you keep on playing is the humour. Sir Dan is a very sympathetic character and its fun to follow his erratic adventures around Gallowmere and his strange interaction with other characters. Voice acting is excellent too [Sept 2005, p.66]