Metal Gear Acid PSP

• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Mar 22, 2005
6.7

1. May 11, 2015
    A mealtime gear that hideo Kojima has nothing to do with it. Still nice but nothing special.I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it.
  2. MGSGamer
    Sep 9, 2005
    I think that this game was the worst in the metal gear series. I was dissapointed to find it was a "Card Game" so to speak and i really looked forward to playing the next MGS in the series but hey, new console, new gametypes. Right?
  3. CXG
    Jun 13, 2005
    What nobody's ever said is that the new, so-called Metal Gear Acid storyline has been especially introduced on the PSP primarily because of the mere 1.8gb of space available on a UMD. We should hold Konami in contempt for publishing this Yu-Gi-Oh! type of game just because they were too lazy to develop a game engine that can actually build upon its trademark cut-scenes and What nobody's ever said is that the new, so-called Metal Gear Acid storyline has been especially introduced on the PSP primarily because of the mere 1.8gb of space available on a UMD. We should hold Konami in contempt for publishing this Yu-Gi-Oh! type of game just because they were too lazy to develop a game engine that can actually build upon its trademark cut-scenes and voice-acting. Instead they lavished the PSP's underclocked 300Mhz power for a design as primitive as Tetris. Heck, they could've avoided the turn-based bs by making the whole game shorter (the game takes at least 22 hours to pass). Instead they opted for a long, too unrealistically frustrating game, too boring for mainstream. Konami says this game is about Strategy, but this Metal Gear Acid strays too much from the original Metal Gear mold in its design and storyline. In this game, Snake's tremendously heroically-crafted persona is degraded into a supernatural wuss, who simply carries out orders he doesn't fully understand. CONS -Turn-based system (it becomes a b***h to plan every single step) -Lengthy storyline -No voice-acting -Too frustrating to find yourself under gunfire while you pray (despite being most likely agnostic) for the weapon card to become available. PROS -Near-PS2 graphics during cut-scenes (even though you're looking at the characters just standing there, breathing not even lip-synching) -Great satisfaction of finally passing the most frustrating, yet most IQ-stimulating action game you'll ever play. Conclusion In an era ruled by the fast pace of Halo, Gran Turismo, Twisted Metal, Tekken 5, etc. this game is just too slow, lethargic and disengaging it's insulting. The game is flat-out not for people that want enagging, fast gaming. Only hardcore Metal Gear fans will put up with the silly asian nonsense, inspired by the Pokemon to the Yu-Gi-Oh! models. If your're looking for a shooting game on the PSP wait till Coded Arms, Infected or Splinter Cell 4 (sched. for 2006). Expand
  4. Lokistrike
    May 18, 2005
    Fun enough, I just REALLY wish I had realized it was Metal Gear: The Gathering before I bought it. My bad on that, but lord how I hate collectible card games...
  5. AB
    May 5, 2005
    The PS2 has God of War, the GameCube has Resident Evil 4, the Xbox has Forza Motorsport, and the PSP has...well, it ain't Metal Gear Acid, that's for sure. The level of disappointment I exhibited while playing MGA was unreal. I tried to enjoy the card-based gameplay, but enjoying a tedious bore-fest like this may be impossible. Even so, the story is still cool, and it still has The PS2 has God of War, the GameCube has Resident Evil 4, the Xbox has Forza Motorsport, and the PSP has...well, it ain't Metal Gear Acid, that's for sure. The level of disappointment I exhibited while playing MGA was unreal. I tried to enjoy the card-based gameplay, but enjoying a tedious bore-fest like this may be impossible. Even so, the story is still cool, and it still has the neat Metal Gear style, it just isn't as good as the console games. Expand
  6. DavidL.
    Apr 18, 2005
    Just like Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, a great game has been made far less enjoyable than it could've been had they scrapped the idea of making something "fresh" and just sticked to what made the originals great. That may seem fickle, but you all know it's true. Nonetheless, the game is still slightly enjoyable, and true MGS fans will still end up playing the hell out of Just like Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, a great game has been made far less enjoyable than it could've been had they scrapped the idea of making something "fresh" and just sticked to what made the originals great. That may seem fickle, but you all know it's true. Nonetheless, the game is still slightly enjoyable, and true MGS fans will still end up playing the hell out of it, if only for the story. Expand
  7. DonnyF.
    Apr 12, 2005
    Metal Gear Acid is really a big disappointment when you compare it to the metal gear series. The original stealth and tactical gameplay is totally bombed and destoryed by this " pick a card in order to move" game.

#6 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#23 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

1. In refusing to let the PSP’s home-console-style graphical capabilities dictate the nature of its gameplay, Acid is a valuable blueprint for future PSP development. [Feb 2005, p.77]
  2. Metal Gear's move from all-out action to turn-based strategy has been handled with style. [JPN Import]
  3. Weekly Famitsu