Metal Slug Anthology PSP

7.5

1. BombDuggy
    Aug 7, 2007
    An excellent collection for PSP showcasing some of arcade gaming's finest moments. a great value package including seven games which can be saved at any time-despite additional loading times this is brill.
  2. GregT.
    Dec 18, 2007
    This is great fun to play and reminds me so much of the enjoyment I used to have in the arcade. It also amazes me at how much money, as kids, we must have pumped in to these machines. The main problem with this game is that after a while you stop caring about how to survive an enemy and just die to get hand grenades back to kill them quicker. This is because the levels are just too hard This is great fun to play and reminds me so much of the enjoyment I used to have in the arcade. It also amazes me at how much money, as kids, we must have pumped in to these machines. The main problem with this game is that after a while you stop caring about how to survive an enemy and just die to get hand grenades back to kill them quicker. This is because the levels are just too hard to complete without dying and the aim of trying to survive whole levels in order to save the captives is just ridiculous. I would love to see how to how the creators thought it was possible to kill the bosses without dying at least 5 or 6 times. Overall I think this is great button crunching fun but after you have finished each game the liklihood of replaying them is very low. Expand
  3. TomM.
    Aug 11, 2007
    I love Metal Slug, and this is a fine collection of all the games. But nothing beats Metal Slug on old Arcade Machines, were you had to pay for every time you died.
  4. Nov 3, 2013
    Metal Slug Anthology on the PSP is a perfect port from the PS2 version. Seven games all bundled in on one ultimate Metal Slug collection. The best part of this version is that you get to take it on the go and play it everywhere.
  5. Jul 9, 2016
    A must have for any Metal Slug fan. The collection includes Metal Slug 1 - 6 and Metal Slug X. The only downside is the fact, that the games are emulated, rather than being ported. As a result, some slow-down and load screens are to be expected. However, slow-downs aren't common and don't last for too long.
  6. Jan 22, 2017
    Fans of Metal Slug should be happy with this collection of different Metal Slug titles. PSPwise the controls are smooth and you'll get your typical Metal Slug action. People who don't know Metal Slug might dig the lovely pixel artwork/animations and that it's basically a jump 'n' run game, just with a selection of heavy weapons which are weaker or stronger, yet all of them fun. Overall theFans of Metal Slug should be happy with this collection of different Metal Slug titles. PSPwise the controls are smooth and you'll get your typical Metal Slug action. People who don't know Metal Slug might dig the lovely pixel artwork/animations and that it's basically a jump 'n' run game, just with a selection of heavy weapons which are weaker or stronger, yet all of them fun. Overall the game with its soundtrack aged well. Beginner or pro, the difficulty options make sure you'll get your challenge. Expand

#38 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2007
#24 Most Shared PSP Game of 2007

1. PSM3 Magazine UK
    It's entertaining, amusing and its screen-filling boss battles are impressive, but it's completely throwaway. [Dec 2006, p.96]
  2. Play Magazine
    For good or for bad, it is the small price we must pay for getting what is otherwise such a great collection of games in convenient travel size. [Jan. 2007, p.80]
  3. If the idea of single shot kills causes a sharp pain to run down your spine, stick to modern action offerings, but if you want a challenge look no further.