MLB 06: The Show PSP

• Release Date: Feb 28, 2006
8.5

1. JosephS.
    Mar 4, 2006
    What a blast! Love the accuracy of each players batting stance and movements.
  2. JohnH.
    Mar 10, 2006
    It's spring, time for baseball. This is a great baseball game from the graphics to game play. The batting and pitching mechanics are very good. There seems to be a lot of ground rule doubles but other than that the game play is very realistic.
  3. MikeS.
    Aug 25, 2006
    This is the best portable baseball game by far. Great depth and player stats make this one of the best sports games of the year. Although it is not as good as its console bretheren. It does stack up pretty well and it is still an exellent game. If you like baseball and you own a sony psp, this game is a must buy. With head-to-head online modes and real life trading updates and even news This is the best portable baseball game by far. Great depth and player stats make this one of the best sports games of the year. Although it is not as good as its console bretheren. It does stack up pretty well and it is still an exellent game. If you like baseball and you own a sony psp, this game is a must buy. With head-to-head online modes and real life trading updates and even news from your favorite baseball team right on your psp! Expand
  4. MarcusW.
    Mar 20, 2006
    Its all about Career Mode with this one. This unique mode allows you to create a player and just play with him. You start out in the minors and can even just play YOUR at-bats during a game. By performing well, you earn training hours which boost your attributes as your build your future star. You are at the manager's mercy so all you can do is take care of your own business. Talk Its all about Career Mode with this one. This unique mode allows you to create a player and just play with him. You start out in the minors and can even just play YOUR at-bats during a game. By performing well, you earn training hours which boost your attributes as your build your future star. You are at the manager's mercy so all you can do is take care of your own business. Talk about Replay Value! The hitting dynamics don't stack up to MVP 2005, but no other game ever has. This one is a true gem though and certainly worth buying. Expand
  5. DjFIL
    Mar 8, 2006
    Game looks great... and almost all of the game play is flawless... but for some reason I couldn't get a steady hold of this baseball game's batting mechanics (never had a problem hitting in mvp or 2k's mlb games). But maybe it's just me... but I will admit it's still a good game.
  6. MarkW.
    Apr 5, 2006
    Overall, an incredible game. What's missing? Plate and base umpires, actually seeing pitchers in the bullpen, and a few cut scenes (mound visits, celebrations, etc.). Everything else is here. Warm-up swings, pitch guessing, accurate and up to speed commentary, changing billboards, active scoreboard in the outfield, great sound, fantastic graphics, EA quality transitions and a high Overall, an incredible game. What's missing? Plate and base umpires, actually seeing pitchers in the bullpen, and a few cut scenes (mound visits, celebrations, etc.). Everything else is here. Warm-up swings, pitch guessing, accurate and up to speed commentary, changing billboards, active scoreboard in the outfield, great sound, fantastic graphics, EA quality transitions and a high and stable frame rate. Controls are spot on with the analog nub actually working quite well for a change. Load times are moderate. This is the first PSP game that I have bought (I have ten) that actually feels like a full blown console game and not a stripped down disappointment. Highly recommended. Expand
  7. DavidH.
    May 15, 2006
    One of the best games I have ever seen for the psp. Graphics r great, it handles well. The multiple seasons are very usefull. The career mode is incredible, an all around great game. Oh and the guy that gave this a three doesn't know what he's talking about.
  8. RandallK.
    Jul 10, 2006
    Outrageoulsy addicting and fun. First game I bought and still my favorite!
  9. BobB.
    Aug 14, 2006
    its a great game for baseball lovers.
  10. JamesM.
    Apr 13, 2007
    This game is as close to perfect as you can get. Most impressive is the ability to read balls & strikes - something I have not been able to do with any other baseball simulation. Since the pitcher / batter dynamic is the heart of baseball, this game succeeds in making the experience of playing like real baseball - not a computer game.
  11. NateR.
    Sep 27, 2007
    The game is fun, the graphics are not the best, its i love career mode, i like that you can train your own guy to be the best, i like that you have the option to mouth off to the coach. It is one of the best baseball games ive played
  12. AlexC.
    Jul 27, 2006
    great games for baseball fans.
  13. Veit
    Jan 17, 2007
    I have all (four) baseball games for the PSP. MLB06 The Show is the best!
  14. McBain17
    Aug 21, 2007
    Don't listen to the guy at the bottom, this IS the best baseball game I have played in years. Worth every penny.
  15. KevinO.
    Sep 26, 2007
    This game rocks! I'm addicted. The Chicago Cubs might actually win the World Series on this thing. Isn't that a sign of Armageddon?!? Where's my pants? Man, this thing is cool. I love this game.
  16. ChrisD.
    Apr 13, 2006
    Great game; graphics are fantastic and gampelay is really superb. The "career" option is where all the value is, allowing you to play every AB of your player's career (or pitch every inning) as you try to move from AAA to the majors. A great concept that works brilliantly. No shortage of stats either, which was a surprise given the "limits" in depth I've seen in other PSP Great game; graphics are fantastic and gampelay is really superb. The "career" option is where all the value is, allowing you to play every AB of your player's career (or pitch every inning) as you try to move from AAA to the majors. A great concept that works brilliantly. No shortage of stats either, which was a surprise given the "limits" in depth I've seen in other PSP titiles. One note of caution - loading times are long (just over a minute to go from menu to in game, and just over a minute to go from in game to the menu) but still, the game is a fantastic achievement. Best title on PSP so far! Expand
  17. DavidG.
    Apr 18, 2006
    Solid game through and through. Not as good as it's console brothers, but great for what it is, solid portable baseball.

#9 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006

1. MLB 06's addictive gameplay, phenomenal commentary, and sharp graphics make it the best baseball game on the PSP and a front runner for sports game of the year.
  2. Quite simply the best handheld baseball game you’ll own on the PSP. Think of this more as a tighter, extended version of last year’s game with shaper visuals, better sound and a Career Mode anyone who calls themselves a baseball fan will simply go bonkers over.
  3. Despite not having a few of the features that its PS2 counterpart has, MLB '06: The Show for the PSP is a rock-solid baseball sim and a delight to the senses.