• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Feb 19, 2007
6.6

1. May 20, 2013
    This game is like a friendly version of old school shin megami tensei (cozy okada was a main dev in this one, he was one of the most influential devs of the smt games), to be honest, it's more smt than persona (persona is not actually smt in japan, its a different series), basically it's a mix of SMT, Pokemon and some other rpgs, great visuals, good art, AMAZING music, this is the best part about the whole game, if you played any mainline smt game you know the type of music I'm talking about, simply amazing. Expand

1. I swear, for every 10 minutes of dungeons and monster-grabbing, I had to sit through 20 minutes of characters yammering at each other. Sure, I like the dialogue, but it was still too long to sit through. [Mar 2007, p.94]
    What disappoints me so much is that in the end, the game could have been done so much better, just by applying some of the last five years' worth of gameplay innovations to the tried-and-true formula-- namely, obscure origins for its creature roster and maybe throwing a couple mini-games in.
    Ultimately, it's a passable RPG for your PSP, thanks to its collection mentality and good dialogue. But the lack of an overworld and short game length that's due to the dialogue-to-game ratio keeps it from being anything special.