6.8

1. ThomH
    Jun 3, 2009
    Great, great game, really reminds me of the NES megaman series. I'm new to Disegea series, but this 2d/3d side scroller was great, great visuals, funny story and a game that was hard enough to make you feel like you accomplished something after beating it.
    Truly one of the best PSP games I have played.
  2. ChrisBurket
    Oct 6, 2009
    I am sickened....... deeply sickened by you all. How can you give this game such a low rating just because it is difficult? You guys are a fucking disgrace to the gaming community. This game has great music, great gameplay, great humor and great action but you just sit there and bitch like a bunch of pussies that this game "is too hard." cry me a fucking river you pansies. You motherI am sickened....... deeply sickened by you all. How can you give this game such a low rating just because it is difficult? You guys are a fucking disgrace to the gaming community. This game has great music, great gameplay, great humor and great action but you just sit there and bitch like a bunch of pussies that this game "is too hard." cry me a fucking river you pansies. You mother fuckers are so used to games like bioshock and gears of war and shit thats not even hard. just because a game is difficult, that doesn't make it bad. some people even went so far as to call it "masochistic." masochistic my ass, mother fuckers. you need to learn how to play a fucking game and then come back and make a review. until then, quit whining like a bunch of pussies and bashing a great game just because you have no gaming skill. Expand
  3. JamesKing
    Jun 23, 2009
    I love this game!!! I was travelling around the united states when I bought this game, and it is just the best PSP title ever!!!
    I didn't previously know about Disgaea or it's characters, but since playing PRINNY I am totally addicted DOOD!!!
    If you want a game that is fun to play, with cute and fun characters, and which is easy at the beginning giving you the chance to get good at the game, and then gets harder as you go along...then Prinny is the one!!!
    I think it's the best value for money PSP title in the shops today, and I now am totally into Disgaea characters, and really hope that they make another Prinny game after this, cos I will buy that for SURE!!!
    Get out and get this game, as you will LOVE IT!!!
  4. OwenA.
    Feb 26, 2009
    Destined to be overlooked and unloved, it'll be a little boxout in articles on the history of Disgaea. It deserves better, because, though of an entirely different genre, it is the equal of its parent game. I don't think there's any higher praise.
  5. KratosChief
    Jun 3, 2009
    Rarely Do I rate games, but I've had so much fun with this one I really felt the need. It really reminds me of the classic NES megaman series, oh so hard to beat but so fulfilling when you do finally beat it. The game provides you with 999 lives so unlike megaman, you get to keep going without the constant need of re-treding old ground. The game also has frequent checkpoints and bonusRarely Do I rate games, but I've had so much fun with this one I really felt the need. It really reminds me of the classic NES megaman series, oh so hard to beat but so fulfilling when you do finally beat it. The game provides you with 999 lives so unlike megaman, you get to keep going without the constant need of re-treding old ground. The game also has frequent checkpoints and bonus items to keep you going.
    The only drawbacks I see are the lack of additional weapons and the jumping mechanism. It's a bit tricky and can be frustrating, but probably nessecary to accomplish what the developers were tying to do.

Great Game, I love it, you should try it.
  6. Aug 14, 2011
    This game is pretty challenging, even in standard mode. Jumping seems to be a little bit awkward, but that's what you get for being a Prinny. Some of the bosses in this 2d platformer are pretty tough and unforgiving, but satisfaction guaranteed if you manage to beat the boss, even if you lost 50 prinnies in the battlefield. Luckily, the game gives you an army of 1000 Prinny soldiers at theThis game is pretty challenging, even in standard mode. Jumping seems to be a little bit awkward, but that's what you get for being a Prinny. Some of the bosses in this 2d platformer are pretty tough and unforgiving, but satisfaction guaranteed if you manage to beat the boss, even if you lost 50 prinnies in the battlefield. Luckily, the game gives you an army of 1000 Prinny soldiers at the beginning, so you probably have at least a hand full of them in the end. There are 2 game difficulties here: Standard and Hell's Finest. I chose the first, because I am a n00b. Standard mode gives you 3 hit points, while Hell's Finest is mocking you with a one-hit kill. I bought this game for 10 euro's (in the Dutch PSN store), and Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero is one of the best PSP games I have ever played. And to answer Prinny's question: "Yes, you can really be the hero, dood!" Expand
  7. Apr 2, 2014
    Highly recommend this to fans of the genre or hardcore players, it is one of the easiest platformers to get into, but by no means the easiest to win. Casual players should not touch this game at all, but for those who are looking for a nice challenge, Prinny will more than do the trick. The graphics are nice, the platforming, while could use a little work, is very solid and almost perfect,Highly recommend this to fans of the genre or hardcore players, it is one of the easiest platformers to get into, but by no means the easiest to win. Casual players should not touch this game at all, but for those who are looking for a nice challenge, Prinny will more than do the trick. The graphics are nice, the platforming, while could use a little work, is very solid and almost perfect, level design is unique and cool, story is as you'd expect, but still good, voice acting is amazing, music is also really good, some songs have that little "oomph" to them that you'll just wanna hear again. Overall if you can take the difficulty, Prinny is a masochistic platformer you do not wanna miss. Expand
  8. Sep 7, 2014
    Hard as hell even on the normal difficulty, but that's what this masterpiece is about. You could play it hours and hours until your psp runs out of battery, recharge it, and then repeat for several hours until the end, just to remember there's a harder difficulty level. The replay value is also great, and the asagi mode adds just the right spice

1. Prinny is an absolutely charming, funny and downright fun handheld gem we wish popped up on the PSP more often. This is a side-scrolling platform game with a lot to offer those gamers that appreciates an enjoyable, bite-sized adventure that is close to giving a certain Italian plumber some competition.
    Unfortunately, thanks to the unwieldy controls and poor design choices, Prinny bombs. [Mar 2009, p.81]
  3. Prinny's a simple throwback title for gamers who simply like to have fun with their games. Good gameplay, graphics, and sound, along with a decent challenge make this one worth picking up.