8.0

1. GavinG.
    Apr 26, 2007
    This started out fun, but be warned - I found that it soon gets VERY tiresome. I totally agree with the Official UK Playstation Magazine's summary above (but obviously rate it even lower). Progression and levelling up was a chore. Winning the matches against the CPU opponents (the main part of the game) I found difficult, annoying and in the end boring. This game is definitely one to This started out fun, but be warned - I found that it soon gets VERY tiresome. I totally agree with the Official UK Playstation Magazine's summary above (but obviously rate it even lower). Progression and levelling up was a chore. Winning the matches against the CPU opponents (the main part of the game) I found difficult, annoying and in the end boring. This game is definitely one to rent before (not) buying wherever possible. Expand
  2. JimS.
    Jun 1, 2007
    Take a simple puzzle game perhaps best suited to a novelty online flash implementation and combine it with the sort of RPG that would have looked unambitious and dull on a SNES. As you might expect, you end up with limited gameplay that quickly becomes tedious - the cringeworthy nature of the plot sequences with their fantasy writing by numbers dialogue is arguably the most entertaining Take a simple puzzle game perhaps best suited to a novelty online flash implementation and combine it with the sort of RPG that would have looked unambitious and dull on a SNES. As you might expect, you end up with limited gameplay that quickly becomes tedious - the cringeworthy nature of the plot sequences with their fantasy writing by numbers dialogue is arguably the most entertaining thing in the game. Fun for about half an hour, but if this game was free online it wouldn't even make my favourites list. Collapse

#19 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2007

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    It's gently hypnotic stuff, but fight a dozen super-intelligent skeletons and you'll soon be yearning for the simple pleasures of "Lumines." [Mar 2007, p.111]
  2. The parts may seem commonplace, but Puzzle Quest's blend of RPG and puzzle-game convention makes for something refreshingly unique and dangerously addictive.
  3. The PSP version loads a bit more slowly but looks better, and the DS version features lightning-fast loads but tosses in slightly sluggish, clunky touch-controls.