6.2

1. Jun 25, 2012
    This game looks great and plays great. However, there is a massive lack of single player. I did like the new character Dampierre adn Kratos was pretty good. Character customization was fun and the soundtrack is still awesome. Unfortunately, no arcade mode hurts the game
  2. pan
    Sep 6, 2009
    I really wanted to like this game but I can't. This is a typical case of a technically wonderful game when it comes to visuals and sound but empty and flawed when it comes to gameplay and fun. The game lacks any kind of single player campaign. You can't fight your way to a final boss and unlock a character's ending video. The option isn't included. There is a mode I really wanted to like this game but I can't. This is a typical case of a technically wonderful game when it comes to visuals and sound but empty and flawed when it comes to gameplay and fun. The game lacks any kind of single player campaign. You can't fight your way to a final boss and unlock a character's ending video. The option isn't included. There is a mode called "gauntlet" which is actually a very boring tutorial mode where you are called into (badly written) fictional scenarios to learn your characters moves. The only other single player options are trials (a typical trial mode) and quick match (random fights with random opponents as if it was multiplayer). This is the only single player mode you will find yourself playing but there are problems with that too. Your opponents' skill level is mixed, meaning you can't really tell whether your next fight is easy, medium, or hard because there are no hints at all. You just choose an opponent based on his/hers wins/losses ratio but this doesn't tell you what level he/she is. Another flaw is that the game is absolutely unbalanced. There are times that it seems your opponents are indestructible, landing furious combos at you that drain your energy in a few seconds instead of anticipating your moves and fight smart. This seems like a lack of "AI" to me. All in al,l buy this game only if you have friends or relatives that you see often and like to AD-HOC duel with you, otherwise it's a waste of money. Expand
  3. dvhh
    Sep 15, 2009
    being someone that like soul calibur, I feel really disapointed by this game, my expectation were probably high for this psp version. First the good stuffs, the graphic are gorgeous, quite a beautiful game indeed ( at least for the psp ), if you want to brag to your friends you can do it with this game. The control are very good simple as always with soul calibur, yet can give you some being someone that like soul calibur, I feel really disapointed by this game, my expectation were probably high for this psp version. First the good stuffs, the graphic are gorgeous, quite a beautiful game indeed ( at least for the psp ), if you want to brag to your friends you can do it with this game. The control are very good simple as always with soul calibur, yet can give you some subtleness, and I still love the soul calibur 3 style customization. Now for the bad part, no online play, because finding friends that have the psp and the game is somewhat difficult, I can still live without it, but there is a big glaring hole where the single player campaign should be and no a "quick match" mode is not enough and doesn't give a sense of achievement, having Kratos is nice but feels overpowered and somehow breaks the game balance. well at least I had fun with it, but doesn't make me stick to my psp. Expand
  4. Apr 12, 2012
    Have spent 2 hours only mastering the fighting system in tutorials. Got bored.
  5. gggfff
    Sep 10, 2009
    no single player content, story mode is some kind of a joke. it's really good in temrs of graphic and combat system but what of it if I have no way of actually using it? It desperately needs a regular arcade mode and a story mode.
  6. Apr 22, 2012
    The gameplay itself is fine but with little to do it will feel like so much more could have been added maybe even a short story mode which SoulCalibur usually prides itself on. It feels as if the game need some TLC which it didnt receive and therefore you are left with what feels like anothing more than a training mode to its console counter part.

#6 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2009
#14 Most Shared PSP Game of 2009

1. Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny effectively manages to translate the home console experience into a portable one, preserving both the original gameplay and characters. Nice to play and to look at, thanks to the great graphics, it has a limited longevity, though.
  2. Unfortunately, the main single-player mode feels like an extended tutorial, and the multiplayer options are limited to ad-hoc. Fortunately, there are plenty of options for customization, and the trials and versus modes are always fun.
  3. It may only be fans of the series who will take advantage of everything the game has to offer, but the excellent job Namco have done in bringing Soulcalibur to the PSP is clear for everyone to see.