8.1

1. Jan 24, 2017
    This game is awesome. So cool and well made. One can easily see that the creators had fun making this. I love the cartoon-ish design and the music. The graphics are great (still) and the game play really fun. This is how a good game should be and is one of the best for PS2.
  2. HugoUpton
    Jun 9, 2008
    This is my favourite game for PSP, full stop. There are many things which add up to this, so I'll try and be brief but probably get carried away knowing me. Point 1) It's SSX. By extension, it's awesome. Point 2) It's got ski-ing. Better than snowboarding (I've done both). Point 3) It quite frankly looks stunning. Just the framerate and the quality of the snow andThis is my favourite game for PSP, full stop. There are many things which add up to this, so I'll try and be brief but probably get carried away knowing me. Point 1) It's SSX. By extension, it's awesome. Point 2) It's got ski-ing. Better than snowboarding (I've done both). Point 3) It quite frankly looks stunning. Just the framerate and the quality of the snow and particle effects are stunning, as are the character animations. Point 4) The sound is great. A standard EA soundtrack of awesomeness, combined with the subtilty of the backcountry and the fireworks of the tracks add up to something better than the sum of it's parts. I missed the banter between characters a little, but it's no biggie. Point 5) This sounds really weird, but being a ski-ier, I can say the controls feel really authentic and true. Even with the crammed buttons on the PSP, it flows really well, meaning you only blame yourself for screwing up. And this sounds really weird, but if you use the analouge stick it's the closest you'll get to the slopes without a ski pass. There's just something about the control that makes it feel very fluid and real, and it gives a sense of satisfaction when you beat an opponent or set a new record, that it was your own handiwork.

All in all, very good and highly recommended for all.
  3. LS650
    Nov 26, 2007
    I used to own SSX Tricky for the GameCube. I thought that was a spectacular game for the GCN and spent many hours playing it. The huge open course and beautiful graphics are all here. This sequel closely matches Tricky for graphics, controls, and music - and on a handheld portable. Fantastic! I only have one complaint. The emphasis has been moved from doing lots of mid-air tricks and I used to own SSX Tricky for the GameCube. I thought that was a spectacular game for the GCN and spent many hours playing it. The huge open course and beautiful graphics are all here. This sequel closely matches Tricky for graphics, controls, and music - and on a handheld portable. Fantastic! I only have one complaint. The emphasis has been moved from doing lots of mid-air tricks and stunts to racing. You can still pull off the stunts, but they don't seem as over-the-top and don't play so much into your final score. Overall, I rate this game an 8.5: terrific, but there is some room for minor improvements. Expand
  4. simonhurst
    Feb 13, 2006
    this game was so good i could not get my hands off it the graphics were awesome for a handheld the gameplay was just as good overall this game is one of my favorite psp games right up with death jr this game is the game of ssx man!!!
  5. RyanV.
    Dec 9, 2005
    This game comes from a series of great snowboarding games so all I can do is expect the best from it... and my expectations were satisfied.
  6. HEYGT
    Dec 8, 2005
    Hey GT ! why are you comparing portable games directly to consoles ? How well does your PS2 version look at 30,000 on an airplane ? Why buy a portable to play games while sitting on your couch at home ? U R missing the point. ~ this is a good game. Nice graphics, smooth frame-rate, challenging and fun. If you like SSX you'll love having it on a PORTABLE. later.
  7. G.T.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Bought this yesterday and played it for about an hour before switing on my PS2 to play Tricky. This really doesn't feel like an SSX game.
  8. AchummerA.
    Oct 25, 2005
    Yahoo Games review is bogus and very incorrect.
  9. jthicks
    Oct 17, 2005
    its seems pretty good from what ive been looking at...like the videos and the pictures and stuff i mean if it were me id give it a 9.5 but they dont have that so 9.5 rounds to ten...o and ssx. ssx tricky, snd ssx 3 were good too....(i have all those)
    Oct 16, 2005
    Awesome game. Incredible. Really captures the feel of SSX.
  11. BlueWhiteQuartzK.
    Oct 13, 2005
    This game is a waste of money. If you like Tricky and 3, you'll be disappointed with this farce.

#33 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#19 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

Skiing is a blast even though it's not significantly different from boarding, and the rock infused presentation is a perfect fit. There's no question that this game is worth your money.
  2. Despite being a mishmash of the two most recent console entries in the series, SSX On Tour manages to be a fun, fast-paced game all on its own.
    One clear advantage of the PSP version is the multiplayer support. This is the only version of SSX that allows for multiplayer games aside from split screen.