Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron PSP

8.0

1. Jul 9, 2016
    Like in the case of Dark forces 2 and Mysteries of the Sith, the developers didn't change a heck of a lot in this title. Mysteries of the Sith used Dark forces 2 engine and added some new features here and there. The case of Elite Squadron is very similar, as it uses the Renegade Squadron engine with some touch-ups. It plays like Renegade squadron, which is a good thing. Instead of havingLike in the case of Dark forces 2 and Mysteries of the Sith, the developers didn't change a heck of a lot in this title. Mysteries of the Sith used Dark forces 2 engine and added some new features here and there. The case of Elite Squadron is very similar, as it uses the Renegade Squadron engine with some touch-ups. It plays like Renegade squadron, which is a good thing. Instead of having separate space and ground battles, the developers joined the two together. Battles are won not by capturing command posts(that feature is gone), instead the player is required to collect points. Points are earned by causing damage to the enemy capital ship in space, killing enemies and so on. Unlike the campaign in Renegade squadron, which had a decent plot, the story here is strictly by the numbers and isn't very engaging, the campaign is still fun to play Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    General:
    General:
    When I picked up this game, I was excited about the promise of an expanded Battlefield. I have played every Battlefront Game put out and generally enjoy the series. In this case, I find some flaws with the new system. Much of the same old things were in this game; Conquest of spawn points, space battles, multiplayer mode and a campain. I was pleasantly suprised by the campaign. Its not well put together, with the story jumping around, and some of the levels are a simple repeat of the last mission, but it was more enjoyable in general then past campaigns. The class system is also been replaced by a general layout design. This works very well. On the downside, Galactic conquest is no longer the same sort of "build your fleet and go engage the enemy". It was replaced by a "move troops" function. There is also not a "default" galactic conquest mode. They are all "story based" with a small set of planets and sectors that you just move your troops around. I found this system not nearly as fun as previous installments.

Graphics: 7
    For the PSP, it was better then on other versions and pretty good. Compaired to Battlefront 2, its very similiar. Compaired to "modern" games, meh.

Controls: 9
    The Controls were much improved over the last game. I felt (especially with settings on Vita to allow for 2 joystick use) that I was in total control of my character and it made flying much easier. The auto aim, and sticky recepticle was helpful. I felt it on par with playing on a Playstation 2/3 controller.

Sound: 9
    Good sound effect and background musice. Voice acting leaves alittle to wish for, but not too bad.

Story: 7
    The last "act" has some fun in it, the rest of the story seems plausable in the Star Wars Universe. Some of the main story is alot of retracking, as well as a "Why do I have to do this" feeling, but the overall campaign was a generally pleasant experience for me.

Value: 8 For the PSP (I actually played this on my Vita), this game is better graphically and technically then the last PSP Battlefront game. There is little restriction compaired with the council installments and this game doesnt feel "cut down" to play on the Vita. Its enjoyable and a good way to waste time, and you can download it for $20 on the market. Considering that, it has a pretty good "value"
  3. Jul 2, 2012
    I could blabber mouth on about how it brings whole worlds in the star wars universe to life allowing you to use loads of customisation to make a super fun time soldier. That wouldn't be a lie. But we have seen huge worlds before in video games, we also have seen customisation in video games. Both of these have been seen in star wars games before. This just strings them together whichI could blabber mouth on about how it brings whole worlds in the star wars universe to life allowing you to use loads of customisation to make a super fun time soldier. That wouldn't be a lie. But we have seen huge worlds before in video games, we also have seen customisation in video games. Both of these have been seen in star wars games before. This just strings them together which should, on paper, make one of the best games on the PSP. I mean, renegade squadron had a great story, great galactic conquest, fore-filling customisation and of course the instant action. Which is great, and being this is the sequel you'd think it would do the same and more. But, the customisation is now limited alot more, the story is a pile of **** but it still is fairly good. I cant give it more than a six though because it wasn't exactly as good as I wanted. Expand
  4. Jun 18, 2012
    Nice game. It was my first PSP game and I enjoyed it. Later I realized that there was better star wars games out there, but that game stands out. The story was fun and its never a bad time to start a battle.
    It has a few issues but they are acceptable.
  5. Jan 13, 2012
    Star Wars Battlefront : Elite Squadron for the Playstation Portable goes hand in hand with it's predecessor and any Star Wars fan will be proud to have this game in stock.

6. Jul 1, 2011
    Pros: it's a strategy action-adventure, it's star wars, galactic conquest is fun, decent story. Cons: bad graphics, dodgy camera, flawed gameplay, bad roster of characters, bland planets. OVERALL: extremely flawed but a fun game. not as good as "star wars: battlefront 2".
  7. burpburp
    Nov 30, 2009
    I love this game. its really the only game on the PSP so far for me, worth playing. Campaign gets addicting. Hero CTF is fun and i love the starfighter upgrades
  8. zachh
    Nov 7, 2009
    Fun but definitely lacking. The good: Controls well and responsive with the aim speed turned up from default settings, character animations are much improved, levels are well designed and are actually NEW MAPS. Weapons are more refined fun to use. Dogfights are quick and deadly now, instead of say in SWB:RS, when you could hammer a Tie Fighter for over a minute trying to shoot it down. Fun but definitely lacking. The good: Controls well and responsive with the aim speed turned up from default settings, character animations are much improved, levels are well designed and are actually NEW MAPS. Weapons are more refined fun to use. Dogfights are quick and deadly now, instead of say in SWB:RS, when you could hammer a Tie Fighter for over a minute trying to shoot it down. The Bad: Stripped down starfighter roster (1 fighter and 1 transport per faction), claims "the most indepth customisation of any battlefront game" read 'extra two weapons' and NO extra player customization that wasn't allready in SWB:RS. The story, Reneagde Squadron is a veritable Shakespearian play compared to the train wreck of SWB:ES. Th Ugly. The transition scenes between docking/space are appaling. All atmosphere is lost due to the transition in no way ressembling the level you're taking part in. Space changes hue and capital ships straight up change colour. Expand
  9. Jun 18, 2012
    It has a few issues but they are acceptable.

#18 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2009
#7 Most Shared PSP Game of 2009

1. Elite Squadron’s big problem is its controls. The game has a couple control schemes, but I couldn’t find one that didn’t feel both clunky and inaccurate.
    The greatest problem with Elite Squadron is that it feels like a step back from its predecessor, Renegade Squadron.
  3. Star Wars: Elite Squadron is George Lucas' franchise as its best, or at least at the multiplayer features of the game. We've very much the same game that we saw a year ago on Renegade Squadron, with a new Campaign story mode that's set to discover every epic battle that we've saw on the original movies. And that's alright, but we were expecting something else of this adventure, mainly focused on the online.