• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Jun 30, 2009
6.1

1. JalexD
    Jul 3, 2009
    As a fan of the highly underrated game that began this franchise, I have to say that this is perfect for portable gaming. It's certainly lacking in features in comparison to it's home console big brother (which easily approaches, if not surpasses, the amount of content and freedom found in any Grand Theft Auto title), but as I've said, if you enjoyed the original, then this As a fan of the highly underrated game that began this franchise, I have to say that this is perfect for portable gaming. It's certainly lacking in features in comparison to it's home console big brother (which easily approaches, if not surpasses, the amount of content and freedom found in any Grand Theft Auto title), but as I've said, if you enjoyed the original, then this game will certainly keep you entertained for a good 10-15 hours. And it's worth playing more than once, even if the multiplayer isn't really anything to speak of. Basically, if you played and liked 'Steambot Chronicles' and have a PSP, you should get this right away. But if you've never played the aforementioned game and are unsure about this, go back to the beginning before deciding on this. Expand

If you loved the first Steambot Chronicles or if you're in the mood for a GTA-light/Armored Core-light game that's aimed at a younger audience then I would suggest that you should pick this title and pray that Atlus will release the PS3 sequel.
  2. Battle Tournament may lack some of the charm that made the old game so loved, but it’s a decent action adventure in its own right.
    If it weren't for the painful amount of repetition and the grindy nature of everything, Steambot Chronicles: Battle Tournament probably would have been a lot more fun. The more I played, though, the less I liked it, and by the end I just wanted it all to be over.