Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror PSP

9.1

1. DjFIL
    May 21, 2006
    I don't know why this game is getting such high marks. The graphics are good. The story is good (even though i'd rather less cgi sequences and more gameplay). But I really hate using face buttons (X, Tri, [] & 0) for aiming... and the auto aim isn't very good in this game. Socom is a way better game then this. And (even though it had camera control issues) I enjoyed I don't know why this game is getting such high marks. The graphics are good. The story is good (even though i'd rather less cgi sequences and more gameplay). But I really hate using face buttons (X, Tri, [] & 0) for aiming... and the auto aim isn't very good in this game. Socom is a way better game then this. And (even though it had camera control issues) I enjoyed Splinter Cell PSP more then this. I guess this is good for some, but good shooters are rare on PSP, and this is not one on my list of good PSP shooters. Expand
  2. JohnnyD.
    Apr 22, 2006
    the best game for my psp its not vary good compaird to ps2 n xbox games tho, the controlls are not vary good. cud have bin bettar!
  3. AlexanderH.
    Jul 20, 2006
    It takes a whole lot of game to get an 8 from me, an overwhelming amount of content and fresh gameplay to get a 9, and a damn-near masterpeice that rarely upset, or angers me to get a 10, not including difficulty. Sadly, even though Dark Mirror qualifies for an 8, it fails simply by not offering anthing ever-lasting or suprising to the table. What I mean is once you play the single-player It takes a whole lot of game to get an 8 from me, an overwhelming amount of content and fresh gameplay to get a 9, and a damn-near masterpeice that rarely upset, or angers me to get a 10, not including difficulty. Sadly, even though Dark Mirror qualifies for an 8, it fails simply by not offering anthing ever-lasting or suprising to the table. What I mean is once you play the single-player for what it is, you'll come to understand you've just played Splinter Cell in disquise. That's not to suggest the single player game's not good. Just not as heart-pounding or exiting as other reviewers claimed it to be. I mean, I can understand when you're exscorting someone across the level,and an alarm is pulled and suddenly dozens of guards are after you, it might "excite you", but to me, never once in this game did I find a reason to sweat, or tighten my grip on the PSP. All I had to do was snap behind a wall, aim at the enemy's head and tap 'R'. Whats so exciting about that? Not to mention the game got a little boring after a while. And the multiplayer, oh my god, is laggerific. One explosion and you're dude seem like he's floating in the air before he falls down. There's that much lag. I mean, I did have a few good matches but once it gets past 2v2, you're in for alot of the matrix. (Socom multiplayer on PSP flowed alot smoother and was more fun to play in my opinion) And what's up with the room getting disbanded after the match is over!? I did like the fact that if you play multiplayer alot, you can unlock cool weapons you can use before ever match, but if my review was any indication, I want be having any cool weapons any time soon. So, Overall, It's a good game, mainly if you're playing by yourself, and worth a rent. But if I was you, i'd save my money for Vice City Stories, Socom:FTB2, or Metal Gear: Portable Ops. Expand

#5 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006
#13 Most Shared PSP Game of 2006

Dark Mirror packs an uncommon amount of detail, variety and overall quality. It blends intense action sequences with stealth in a way no portable game has before, and it does so with style to spare.
  2. That sense of design pervades Dark Mirror, making it the best shooter yet released for the PSP. Don't be put off by the learning curve, which demands a bit more effort at the front than most action titles. Once Syphon Filter's rhythms are familiar, you'll find depth and replayability in spades.
  3. Reminiscent of the classic PlayStation originals while adding a healthy dose of fresh stealth and action moments throughout, this game will hook you from start to finish.