7.4

1. Sep 5, 2013
    Thrillville tries to simulate a theme park builder and succeeds at that, yet it fails to hit the high note that RollerCoaster Tycoon has set... Story: The story is fairly simple, you'll need to help Mortimer (a crazy inventor) best a company called Globo-Joy by creating the best theme park there is. Gameplay: You start off by creating and customizing your own avatar, which you'll explore/ride/build your park with. After that you'll start at your first park, each park has 3 "zones" which are all themed towards something (e.g. Incavilla, Frontierville, Horrorville, etc...).
    The game has a power meter which goes down as you place more attractions, this is essentially to not overbuild and overload the PSP system, I have not played the PS2 version yet, so I'm not sure if it is present there aswell, still it fills up quickly if you build a roller coaster, and you can have 2 in each zone, effectively blocking you from filling the zone with too much rides.

You have a lot of freedom over what you're building, which color you want it to be and where the entrance/exit needs to be, you'll also be able to build pre-designed roller coasters, or create your own from scratch, the nice thing about this game is that you can ride/view/play ANY attraction that you build, you're also able to socialise with other guests in the park, this could've been worked out better tho.

Controls:
    The controls are hit and miss, some minigames have you pulling your hair out, while others go butter smooth, the in-game controls are quite simple, perfect for a console/handheld.

Graphics:
    The graphics are a downgraded version of the PS2 game, also I felt that everything looked kinda blurry, the coasters and rides do feel like they're unique tho, with every ride looking diffrent (even if it's essentially the same ride placed in a diffrent "zone").

Music:
    The music wasn't that good for me personally, it's set up to emulate a radio station with a host and Mortimer talking from time to time, yet it loops around 3 4 minutes, making you hear the same thing over and over again, this is probably made because you switch zones a lot and every zone has a diffrent radio station, still if you hang about too long in one zone, you'll notice the radio is on repeat.

Positives:
    + Fun on the go, a lot of theme park fun.
    + Varied and unique rides which you can all ride and customize yourself!
    + Varied themed zones in which you can place your rides in.
    + Total control of your park, staff, finances, etc...

Negatives:
    - No replayablity whatsoever
    - The minigames get stale quickly
    - Blurry filter
    - The power meter which will stop you from building the park of your dreams

Conclusion:
    Thrillville on PSP is a theme park builder on the go with some minor flaws, still if you enjoy RollerCoaster Tycoon or Theme Park World, there will be something here for you.
  2. Mar 22, 2013
    This was my favorite game of 2007! I loved the idea of making my own theme park. You control pretty much everything: rides, games, guests, finances, maintenance, and a lot more. I especially loved the blueprint mode where I could build the biggest, longest, most expensive roller coaster I could imagine. I wish they could come with another one.
  3. Aug 28, 2012
    This game has many mini games. You can build and play different types of games. And there is one more think i want to say about this game; building roller coaster is very good. You can build your roller coaster with own design and imagination.
  4. Aug 28, 2012

1. The amount of options in the simulation piece is amazing for a portable game. The lack of originality in the mini games is sort of disappointing.
    One big advantage that the PSP version has over its console big brothers is that it allows you to use Ad Hoc to trade your custom coasters and racecar tracks.
    Greatness is within Thrillville's grasp, but it doesn't push it all the way through.