Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Essentials PSP

Jul 10, 2006
    I just loved the game.
  2. GregB.
    Mar 28, 2006
    The first few levels do not impress, the controls are uncomfortable at first (especially if you have been playing SOCOM and Syphon Filter), and re-loading from a Checkpoint takes longer than I would like, but... ...I am really enjoying this game! Graphics: Weak in the early, outdoor, missions - GREAT in the indoor missions. And NO framerate issues that I could find. The environments also The first few levels do not impress, the controls are uncomfortable at first (especially if you have been playing SOCOM and Syphon Filter), and re-loading from a Checkpoint takes longer than I would like, but... ...I am really enjoying this game! Graphics: Weak in the early, outdoor, missions - GREAT in the indoor missions. And NO framerate issues that I could find. The environments also have lots of stuff in them - not the empty rooms that you see in SOCOM (I love SOCOM, btw). The controls are fine. Really. And you may prefer the Alternative setting, which is very close to the default setting in Syphon Filter (analog stick move you, buttons on the right aim). I do fine with the default controls given that this is a splinter cell game - so I spend time stationary and looking around. Just hold down the circle and freelook with the analog stick. Works just fine, thank you. And the level design is really good. These are FUN levels and I don't feel the need for super-duper precise timing or having to have a Walkthrough handy to get through the levels. I'm on Mission 9 now (NSA) and I'm not an expert gamer by any means. I've also found how to unlock all three of the bonus missions. Expand
  3. chris
    Apr 8, 2006
    i have enjoyed playing the game i think the atmosphere in the jungleand the oil platform is cool i cant fault it after a while you get used to the controls after all its a psp game not a mouse or keyboard like on pc.Wat do you people expect. I love the game and would recomend anyone to hire it out from video stores as for buying the game i think it a bit pricy
  4. DavidM.
    May 9, 2006
    I personally think it's a great game, which goes back throughout the Splinter Cell series. The gameplay is relatively good, and all the favoured game style is in there.
  5. JohnF.
    Mar 25, 2006
    A all around good game that suffers from the UMD's shortcomings. All in all, an amazing game held back by its PSP host.
  6. JakeC.
    Mar 26, 2006
    I have all of the Splinter Cell games and like them all. This one is basically the same as all the rest except the camera controls are a little hard to use so if you liked all of the previous SC games this one is about the same as all the rest.
  7. BobK.
    Apr 19, 2006
    when I got this game on easter sunday it looked ace from the back. But when i started it was bad the controls were horrible and it was really hard but when i got into it it was very good. The stealth is top class. I never liked Splinter Cell games until i played this i think it has won me over!
  8. YanniK.
    Apr 21, 2006
    I
  9. JordanS.
    May 24, 2007
    This is an amazing game. the graphics are very good although i found that for most of the game i had to play using night vision. I like how splinter cell essentials tells the whole story of the splinter cell saga through the different missions.
  10. May 9, 2012
    Amazing game indeed. Played it through holding my breath! Stealth elements are made very well, the storyline is also catchy.

#11 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2006
#21 Most Shared PSP Game of 2006

1. The AI is so basic that it is possible to rush through many areas without fear of getting hurt or even getting noticed. Even if you do decide you’re going to take it slow, it is a lottery as to whether some enemies will detect you or not.
  2. To make an embarrassing story short, Splinter Cell: Essentials is a mess. For a series that leads the stealth genre and has worked hard to make itself more accessible and more polished with each successive sequel, an entry like this—even on a portable— can only be seen as a miserable failure.
  3. Play UK
    Fans of the series should be prepared for a fight if they want to get the most out of the game. [Issue#139, p.75]