What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? 2 PSP

7.0

1. Jun 26, 2015
    Look, Daddy's conquered the world!

The tittle is a spoiler. But since this game's not about story at all, so that hardly matters. It's a game in its truest sense: entertainment to release stress, and yes, to kill some time too. Really now, what do we play game for? What's written in a typical game review? - Stunning graphic? Watch a movie. There's 3D, animated, and don't forget the
    Look, Daddy's conquered the world!

Really now, what do we play game for? What's written in a typical game review?
    - Stunning graphic? Watch a movie. There's 3D, animated, and don't forget the best possible graphic: real life movies.
    - Intriguing story? Go read a book. Tons of great fictions out there.
    - Captivating music? Pop, rock, classical, hip-hop etc. you name it.
    - Bloody violence? True we can't do it in real life, but fighting games and anything related to FPS have been done to death already. I personally can't bear to shoot another enemy through a crosshair.

Yet, we come to games for all of that combined, and the best element to glue them all together is an innovating and fascinating gameplay, which is exactly what this game delivers, plus some dark humor. It's the first game I know which inspires and encourages players out loud. There's no LV to grind. Instead, we'll have to spend the time for repetitive grinding and mining to actually learn how to play the game, as its difficulty is quite challenging. Once you get how it works to clear it though, you'll surely enjoy it.

This is a totally underrated hidden gem.
  2. Aug 13, 2010
    One of the best games on the PSP with infinite replay value for score hounds and unlimited possibilities for creative types who love nothing more then to carve out their own dungeons of doom. A new genre unto itself between RTS and dungeon / maze making RPG mock-umentary -devilishly hard and massively underrated- Badman is a style of game where RPG goers can be the evil villain (likeOne of the best games on the PSP with infinite replay value for score hounds and unlimited possibilities for creative types who love nothing more then to carve out their own dungeons of doom. A new genre unto itself between RTS and dungeon / maze making RPG mock-umentary -devilishly hard and massively underrated- Badman is a style of game where RPG goers can be the evil villain (like Techmo's Deception or My Life as a Darklord) or in this case, his evocation. Most critics are too dumb and impatient to play this one enough. Don't trust anyone that didn't finish it or play the expansions. Dark humor with plenty of inside jokes about JRPGs drive the storyline as you conquer the world. The variations of dungeon creativity have kept me up many a night, as just a few more twists and turns can be the difference between evolving slimes or dragons! Now let us all hope this game keeps going forward so that we can design more then just the dungeons for our JRPG heroes! If you enjoy creating mazes or dabble in creating your own RPGs, this game is perfect for practice. Retro perfection, twisted, hilarious and brilliant. One day people will look back on Badman as a cult classic that helped to define new genres in gaming. Never give up, try try again and the game will reward you as does an epic RPG with mutations and funny bumbling heroes. One of the best games of all time and very few are strategic enough to understand why. Expand
  3. Sep 26, 2016
    A surprisingly intricate game where you play as the antagonist digging a dungeon, cultivating your Monsters like a farm, and building dungeons in Dig Dug like fashion.

#24 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2010
#34 Most Shared PSP Game of 2010

1. The formula is the same of the first chapter, so the title is highly enjoyable and deep. A homage to the 90's classics with a strong personality.
  2. My Lord 2 includes everything worthwhile from its predecessor and builds on top of that grand foundation; there's simply no need to go back to the first.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    With many new monsters, a vastly improved progress system, and the full original game (as a UMD-only unlockable), this is one worthy sequel--good enough that we might even be able to remember it entire name this time around. [Jun 2010, p.78]