• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Mar 16, 2005
7.8

1. Aug 11, 2010
    I'm a bit of a white-knuckler flyer, so handheld gaming is a must. I bought my PSP for this game (and bought 3 more copies for my friends so we could play it in ad-hoc multiplayer). Great fun - good for smack talk. Still play it. In my mind, it's far superior to its successor Pulse. I have no idea how to finish this game, it's so tough in the faster classes, but I've had a great time trying. This game and Lumines were a promising start for the system. Expand
  2. Jan 6, 2013
    Wipeout Pure is honestly one of the best racing games made especially for a portable, this is truly a console experience on a portable that is worth getting. You'll love the sheer difficulty, the amount of content there is available, the unique style gameplay and design and of course the music which matches quite nicely with the overall design of the Wipeout Pure experience.

1. The lack of online play and the sheer difficulty for newbies keeps it from attaining GR gold, but we're just happy to see it back on the podium where it belongs.
  2. Pure brilliance.
  3. A handful of new gameplay tweaks, new hovercraft racing classes and a PSP-worthy visual overhaul make WipeOut Pure the best installment in the series since 1996รข??s "WipeOut XL."