8.0

1. Jun 1, 2014
    Bit.Trip Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien definitely is a good game, much better than its predecessor. The goal of the game is simple: Reach the end of the track, and avoid any obstacle. What differentiates this game with most of today's platformers is that your character is always moving at a constant speed. This, paired with its way of integrating music into gameplayBit.Trip Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien definitely is a good game, much better than its predecessor. The goal of the game is simple: Reach the end of the track, and avoid any obstacle. What differentiates this game with most of today's platformers is that your character is always moving at a constant speed. This, paired with its way of integrating music into gameplay give this game a distinct feeling to it.

So where does this game fall? There aren't really anything this game does that is bad, and if I was following the same rating-scale that many others do, I would probably end up giving the game an 8, or maybe even a 9. My biggest concern with the game though is that, while it gives you a variety of different challenges, when mastering one, mastering the next will be fairly easy. Another concern I have is that there's little variety in the visuals of the game. The game has some really good looking backgrounds, but I won't really be able to pay much attention to those when playing. I'm more likely to be paying attention to the platforms and obstacles, and I often find myself running on the same old tree platforms.

All in all though, I absolutely love Bit.Trip Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, a game that was well worth its purchase. If you're a person who like platform games, this is definitely a game you should try out. While the game can be hectic, its music will cool you right back down.
  2. Apr 28, 2013
    This is one of my most interesting games, I even got the six retro games of Commando Video. Basically, it's a rhythm game, maybe action too. If you played the retro games of Commando Video, then you should know that this story takes place between the fourth and the fifth game. The story, continues with Timbletot, that just made Commando Video a bit more through the negative path. You jump,This is one of my most interesting games, I even got the six retro games of Commando Video. Basically, it's a rhythm game, maybe action too. If you played the retro games of Commando Video, then you should know that this story takes place between the fourth and the fifth game. The story, continues with Timbletot, that just made Commando Video a bit more through the negative path. You jump, kick, slide, spring, block the things that were all from that old Runner game. But this time you will learn more moves, like dancing, which is for ranking up the leaderboard. Lots of feature, with 125 levels in total, 100 future levels and 25 retro levels, all are brand new. I enjoyed this so much I played it straight through. 9 hours and then beated, with most of the collectibles earned. It was just too much fun. Collapse

1. May 9, 2013
    One of the best eShop games since launch. [June 2013, p.78]
  2. May 6, 2013
    Surely a much more mainstream and accessible game compared to the first one; despite that, Gaijin Games managed to create another great product that everyone should at least try.
    In the end, Runner2 appears to be more than a rhythm game. This is not wrong, as it is not less certain the balance of its elements, which even make us forget the limits of our actions.