8.2

1. Oct 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With improvements to the game's flow and excellent second-screen support, the Director's Cut of Human Revolution is the definitive version of an excellent game. Human Revolution would bear replaying even without the enhancements it's a rare title that combines superb world building and storytelling with such dedication to player choice. I lost myself in the world of Human Revolution, and relished every opportunity to dive deeper into its mysteries. Expand
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    Players will get to relive Adam Jensen's saga in a whole new way. Expanding on the already critically acclaimed game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the Director's Cut introduces superb second-screen support, reworked boss battles, improved assets and seamless integration of the Missing Link DLC within the main story. Deus Ex: HR itself has an already wonderfully built world complete with a plethora of characters and deep mysteries to them. What the studio has done is truly Deus Ex compared to other modern re-imaginings have done to classic franchises. This game is truly a "modern classic" in my opinion and what this re-release does is improve upon that perfection. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2013
    Buying a wii u, I wasn't THAT impressed by the sound and design, but my all time fav- Pikmin 3 was beautiful. Now, Deus Ex Human Evolution- my fav game on pc is on wii u! I picked it up- a little pricy but brat altogether. IAM NOT KIDDING THIS GAME IS SO EPIC. the graphics are epic, the sound acting is awesome. The physics are brilliant. Must Buy dudes. Must buy.
  4. Jan 13, 2014
    This game is outstanding, the graphical style is fantastic to look at and you will often find yourself looking at the views when you are in tall buildings. The gameplay is some of the best I have played in this genre and the augmentations (character upgrades) really change the way that you play the game and approach different situations of which there are many options. The storyline is very compelling and has some real life undertones to it. The sound is also very good and suits the sci-fi nature of the game well.

There are many weapons in the game which are all really fun to use and can be upgraded too with things like explosive bullets and laser sights etc.

The hacking mini game is also one of the best ones I have seen in a game and is really satisfying to unlock areas and find goodies inside. The wii u game pad also makes the hacking more fun and adds new elements to the game. The ability to hack robots and turrets to turn them against your enemies is also super fun.

I would strongly recommend this game to anyone who likes sci-fi shooters/stealth games because this is one of the best ones around and the wii u version is the best version because of the added game pad functionality.
  5. Feb 16, 2014
    I will admit, this game is not perfect, but it is damn close to being so. As someone who played the original Deus Ex: Human Revolution on PS3, the new additions and changes made to the game just make it a much better experience. After the first boss in the base Human Revolution, I was blown over by the sudden switch to full-on combat when I was playing a stealth game. Director's Cut mitigates this by adding stealth and ranged options to the boss fights, making the game much more streamlined.

Porting the game to the Wii U was one of the best ideas. The inventive use of the Wii U GamePad makes the game just that little bit more interesting, especially the hacking mechanic, which can now be performed much more quickly with the touch screen. The only criticism I have is the choice to show the sniper reticle on the GamePad, which can sometimes be slightly awkward to use.

The game also has some minor framerate issues in the opening movies, however but for its flaws, Director's Cut is a fantastic update to the brilliant game that was Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
  6. Feb 16, 2014

1. Feb 13, 2014
    The better, albeit still a bit rushed, version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Finally the bosses are on par with the rest of the game. [Jan 2014]
  2. Dec 24, 2013
    I found Deus Ex to be very entertaining overall, but the lack of consistency with the first and third person camera angles, and the poorly conceived controls, do take their toll.
  3. Human Revolution respects how you like to play games and is good at all the things it attempts, from the stealth to the shooting to the RPG systems.