LEGO City Undercover Wii U

8.3

1. Sep 6, 2014
    Poor frame rate, poor draw distance, and awful long frequent loading times. Its so lazily done. The games use of suits is the saving grace. But its not gta like everyone is stating.
    The map is small and the quests are the the same standard lego gamd mechanics. The only difference between this game and a normal lego game is that you walk or drive to your quests on an open map. If you think lego star wars.. Lego city is just a huge star wars 'canteen'.
    So, the franchise basically the same as its always been and they will continue to saturate the market with average games that play the same.
  2. Nov 11, 2015
    "Simply amazing." -Me
    Eh, nah.
    Look, don't get me wrong. It's worth what you pay. The story is quite comical, the controls are good, gameplay is fun, but I realize now that the game had a few problems. The open world is huge, which I love. You can drive around and explore the place for an hour and STILL not find everything. But there isn't very much to do in the environment. You need to
    "Simply amazing." -Me
    Eh, nah.
    The open world is huge, which I love. You can drive around and explore the place for an hour and STILL not find everything. But there isn't very much to do in the environment. You need to farm to get bricks, since there isn't enough else to do to get a good amount of bricks. Other than the people and small sidequests, the whole world is, well, empty.
    Combat is awesome, but lacks difficulty.
    The whole game lacks replayablility.
    Other than these issues, the game is great. Definitely pick it up if you're a fan of funny games with expansive environments. Oh, and cops. Cops are cool.
  3. Apr 5, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello worldHello world Expand

1. Jun 13, 2013
    LEGO City Undercover is a solid exclusive title for Nintendo’s machine; especially with the severe lack of software currently on the market. If you own a Wii U and can tolerate the shortcomings of the LEGO series it is easy to recommend. Those who have grown tired of the massive collect-a-thons though might find themselves rolling their eyes again at the tedium that ensues.
  2. May 27, 2013
    LEGO City is a great game - but I do wonder just how many limitations the hardware had on the final product. Perhaps it has nothing to do with the Wii U, but for Traveller's Tales to omit multiplayer altogether? That seems an unlikely choice, considering their previous work.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    May 13, 2013
    Lego City: Undercover brings legos to GTA style open world. I just miss co-op from the previous lego games and my kids didn't understand long loading times. They thought game dowloaded something from the net. [May 2013]