8.1

1. Jun 30, 2013
    Load times are brutal. They are VERY long and quite frequent.

The game seems to be mostly built around a 'story', so I was left watching a good portion of the game while these little lego people made jokes and wise cracks, we're talking puns and trip-falls. Entire cut scenes will take place where you just walk into an elevator or something will happen that will be completely
    irrelevant to the plot. You spend the whole game just following around beacons and icons, making the story completely irrelevant.

The game starts with EVERY element locked, even the ability to use your gamepad properly. You HAVE to play through the very boring and monotonous story.

The gamepad is used well, I'll give it that. You get calls, and the audio and video come out of the pad (but go to the TV if you have your gamepad turned down really good work on that one developers).

All and all this game is trivial easy and clearly written for the maturity and complexity level of children. If you have kids, this game might just be one of the better experiences out there, but we're talking very young children. Adolescents are not going this game interesting.

1. Jun 13, 2013
    LEGO City Undercover is a solid exclusive title for Nintendo’s machine; especially with the severe lack of software currently on the market. If you own a Wii U and can tolerate the shortcomings of the LEGO series it is easy to recommend. Those who have grown tired of the massive collect-a-thons though might find themselves rolling their eyes again at the tedium that ensues.
  2. May 27, 2013
    LEGO City is a great game - but I do wonder just how many limitations the hardware had on the final product. Perhaps it has nothing to do with the Wii U, but for Traveller's Tales to omit multiplayer altogether? That seems an unlikely choice, considering their previous work.
  3. May 13, 2013
    Lego City: Undercover brings legos to GTA style open world. I just miss co-op from the previous lego games and my kids didn't understand long loading times. They thought game dowloaded something from the net. [May 2013]