9.1

1. May 30, 2014
    Simply fantastic! Ladies and gentlemen, GO BUY A WII U FOR THIS GAME. Highly recommended for a fun gaming experience. Nothing on PS4 or XB1 comes close. 10/10
  2. May 30, 2014
    Fantastic game with an abundance of gorgeous looking courses and awesome music, this game will being you hundreds of hours of fun whether you are playing alone or with friends...the ONLY complaint I have is that the Battle Mode tracks could use some tweaking... All in all a fantastic experience
  3. May 30, 2014
    Everything I could have hoped for in a new Mario Kart game. Fantastic HD graphics, tons of levels, characters, and custom karts... and online play! I've had a hard time finding a flaw with this game.
  4. May 30, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 doesn't really add much either than some new characters and useful new items(finally can block the flying blue shell!). But it holds on to what makes every Mario Kart game so great: Rock Solid gameplay, well designed tracks and lots of charm.
  5. Jul 17, 2014
    Perhaps the ultimate multiplayer game. Brilliant graphics, brilliant track design, brilliant fun. The video replays of races (especially) against mates in slow motion is a joy to behold. Too good.
  6. Jul 4, 2014
    Mario kart 8 brings new feature to the series such as anti-gravity and the gliding and underwater feature from mario kart 7 .the graphics are the best I've seen on wiiU and it's absolutely breathtaking it's gorgeous everything it's detailed ,the music it's perfect I love every theme , the downside if this game are that most of the characters are a waste of space the babies are useless andMario kart 8 brings new feature to the series such as anti-gravity and the gliding and underwater feature from mario kart 7 .the graphics are the best I've seen on wiiU and it's absolutely breathtaking it's gorgeous everything it's detailed ,the music it's perfect I love every theme , the downside if this game are that most of the characters are a waste of space the babies are useless and pink gold peach it's a terrible idea of a character ,same like in mario kart wii the items are unbalanced and it's just by luck , you can now get hit in mid-air which it's frustrating and some characters are overpowered such as metal mario and waluigi .overall mario kart 8 is the best mario kart game since mario kart 64 and the tracks are well designed and beautiful the online it's amazing and now you can defend yourself against the blue shell , so buy it now Expand
  7. Jul 12, 2014
    This game could've deserved a full 10 if it had at least an actual battle mode with arenas intended for it. Because it doesn't, it really doesn't deserve more than a 9. Lazy developers.
  8. Nov 18, 2014
    I haven't gotten into Mario Kart this much since the DS. This game is gorgeous, and the mechanics have improved so much since then. My only gripe is that a few of the retro stages have been changed for the worse, in particular the unnecessary addition of water sections and confounding zero gravity in some retro stages. It's also a shame that the staff ghosts on time trials areI haven't gotten into Mario Kart this much since the DS. This game is gorgeous, and the mechanics have improved so much since then. My only gripe is that a few of the retro stages have been changed for the worse, in particular the unnecessary addition of water sections and confounding zero gravity in some retro stages. It's also a shame that the staff ghosts on time trials are relatively easy to beat.

Otherwise, this might be one of the most solid Mario Karts with excellent visuals to complement excellent track selection, and online play that is usually very capable of keeping up with the action.
  9. Jul 17, 2014
    This Game is just a masterpiece for Wii U owners everywhere and is a must Buy. My only problem is when you are battleing somebody it just seems very broken and out of place in the Game that needs to get fixed but for that it's still a must buy!!! 9/10
  10. Aug 6, 2014
    Here we have a great example about how NINTENDO reach the top quality since foundation. Environment carefully drawn on each level, charismatic characters, calibrated controls, and unlimited fun.
    Only people without sense like to give to classic games like this a lower score just because they are fanboys...
  11. Aug 24, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 has never looked better in HD. The graphics in gameplay are really fun. But the main feature was the anti-gravity which made your car drive upside down. it was cool but not mind-blowing. I enjoyed the new items such as the Boomerang, Piranha Plant, and Horn. Another feature is Mario Kart TV which just lets you replay your Mario Kart races and lets you upload them to MiiverseMario Kart 8 has never looked better in HD. The graphics in gameplay are really fun. But the main feature was the anti-gravity which made your car drive upside down. it was cool but not mind-blowing. I enjoyed the new items such as the Boomerang, Piranha Plant, and Horn. Another feature is Mario Kart TV which just lets you replay your Mario Kart races and lets you upload them to Miiverse or YouTube. The thing I hated the most was battle mode. Its ruined. Instead of racing in an arena, you race on full racing tracks which really sucks. Mario Kart 8 is still a great racing title and you should definitely buy it now. Expand
  12. Oct 19, 2014
    One of the best Mario Karts to date. The artstyle is gorgeous, I love Rosalina and the kooplings being added to the roster, and lots of cool new carts. However best of all is the DLC Finally we can race Link in Mario Kart.
  13. Sep 9, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 is the game WII U owners deserve, after the WII U'S bad start, mediocre 3rd party ports and long droughts it's amazing that one game can make everything right. The graphics are top notch and are on par with most released PS4 games. The game play is fun and addictive. There's excellent variety of tracks, vehicles, characters and customization. The online mode offers greatMario Kart 8 is the game WII U owners deserve, after the WII U'S bad start, mediocre 3rd party ports and long droughts it's amazing that one game can make everything right. The graphics are top notch and are on par with most released PS4 games. The game play is fun and addictive. There's excellent variety of tracks, vehicles, characters and customization. The online mode offers great competition and excellent replay value. Now for the downside, some tracks look muggy and there's an unnecessary use of the anti gravity in some tracks. The online mode lacks voice chat during the race, I would've enjoyed vocally taunting some players. The online mode does suffer from lag depending on the region you play in. Overall the game is the best game so far in 2014, PURE NINTENDO MAGIC Expand
  14. Sep 12, 2014
    Before I got Mario Kart 8, the only experience i had with Mario Kart was playing it on my friend's DS. And that previous experience was positive. This, however, is even better. It's all I remember from the DS game and a lot more.
    The first thing you'll notice when you start racing is the antigravity. Antigravity sections work differently than the others. Colliding into your opponents would normally be a bad idea, but in antigravity when you collide into an opponent, you'll both get a little speed boost, so use it wisely to get ahead!
    The game has 32 tracks (16 new and 16 retro). Tracks have so much variety. On one track you'll find yourself in a world made out of sweets, on the other you'll be racing through pipes avoiding Piranha Plants, on the other one you'll be on a big floating track above the city, you name it! And with the new DLC coming, which will add 16 more tracks, expect to be racing through Hyrule!
    Online multiplayer is one of the best I've seen. Didn't. Crash. Once. And the feeling when you finish first, ahead of experts... it's so satisfying. You can also either participate in tournaments, or you can create your own for others to compete in. Rule settings are pretty detailed such as race class, time when tournament begins/ends, number of races... You can also bring a friend to play online with you in the same room! Oh the laughs, rages, ups and downs...
    The only thing I don't like is the battle mode. The goal is to pop other player's balloons. This time, instead of specially designed battle arenas, you'll be battling on one of the 8 selected tracks. It can take a while for someone to pass so you can pop the opponent's balloon. Or you can hide behind a rock or something and wait for some clueless Mushroom kingdom resident to pass and pop his balloons. Hehehe...
    Overall, very good game that you should own if you have a Wii U.
  15. Jan 19, 2015
    Pros
    -Outstanding Graphics
    -Memorable throwbacks
    -Fun powerups
    -Nice steering

Cons
    -No story to it

This is the best racing game that I have ever played.
  16. Nov 24, 2014
    Después de años desde el juego de Wii, llega este juego con la innovación de la gravedad, que la verdad se ve maravilloso, pistas padrisimas y un game play excelente, Mario Kart 8 es un juego que te ara pasar horas de diversión, sin embargo no logra el 10 por las siguientes razones:

1 No hay escenarios para batalla de balones, jugar en las pistas no son divertidas 2 Senda arcoiris muy

2 Senda arcoiris muy pobre, se supone que debe ser la pista más difícil y más larga y es lo contrario muy corta y muy fácil
    3 personajes que no convencen, metal peach, baby rosalinda ¿quieren más ?

De hay en fuera el juego es exelente
  17. Feb 7, 2015
    Mario Kart 8 is one of those games that you should get a Wii U for. It is a great game. The graphics are so good. The gameplay is awesome. The character selection isn't that great. The track selection is the best. Mario Kart 8 is awesome and is definitely worth buying. Would've got a 9 if the battle mode didn't suck.
  18. Jan 26, 2015
    Bought this game in June 2014, I'm still playing in January 2015! The best Mario Kart game on home consoles!

Pros:
    + Online Multiplayer!!!!
    + Great tracks
    + New anti-gravity adds variety
    + DLC is excellent and reasonably priced

Cons:
    - Battle mode
    - too many baby characters
  19. Mar 30, 2015
    Mario Kart 8 is the sole reason for owning Nintendo's technically super crap console. The graphics are crisp and beautiful, the game play is amazingly fun, I have very little complaints about this game.
  20. Apr 23, 2015
    Mario Kart 8 it's simply amazing, one of the best in the series. Fun Gameplay, Fun courses, HD graphics, the only downside of it it's the battle mode. It's heavily recommended to anyone that owns a Wii U.
  21. Jun 4, 2014
    People, Mario Kart 8 is finally here and it's the best game I've ever played! The game is so addicting its a good thing it's not Cocaine because I would have Overdosed already. This is one of those games that you'll never get bored with even in 8 years from now, the graphics are truly next Generation graphics that truly make Mario Kart 8 Shine in the Brightest way possible. If you want toPeople, Mario Kart 8 is finally here and it's the best game I've ever played! The game is so addicting its a good thing it's not Cocaine because I would have Overdosed already. This is one of those games that you'll never get bored with even in 8 years from now, the graphics are truly next Generation graphics that truly make Mario Kart 8 Shine in the Brightest way possible. If you want to have fun for the rest of your life, you have to go out and buy a WII U immediately and get this game! I guess the only down part of this game, is once you get it your life will be over. Expand
  22. Jun 3, 2014
    The best game out there for the WiiU. It's hard to get the hang of at first, but the payoff is worth it in the end. The graphics are amazing, the level design is fantastic.

I think the levels are the best part, besides the crisp HD.

If you fall behind, it is extremely difficult to catch up though! I recommend this game to everyone.
  23. Jun 2, 2014
    Tough to say anything wrong with the game, maybe having a way to invite people to you game online, but seriously the only minor complaint I can find. Tracks are amazing, visuals are beautiful, soundtrack is wonderful, and the game is just pure fun and accessible to everyone.
  24. Jun 1, 2014
    It's an honest to God game, and it's incredibly fun to play. It's not riddled with DLC right out of the box, and the online is great, and the AI is fun to race against. It was everything I expected and more.
  25. Jun 2, 2014
    Saying amazing is not enough for this game. It was made by geniuses. The graphics are outstanding, the music is a delight to hear, every detail has been taking care of. As a Mario Kart game is short if you play solo, but youll have a blast ... and the multiplayer ... well hours and hours of fun... if this game can not sell Wii Us nothing can
  26. Jun 1, 2014
    Depois de vários anos longe da série em consoles de mesa, Mario Kart 8 me chamou atenção desde sua primeira apresentação. Não tive duvidas e comprei o game em uma oportunidade única alguns dias antes do lançamento e não tenho um ponto negativo ou arrependimento nesse game, simplesmente fenomenal e recomendo a todos que gostavam e ainda gostam de games de kart e também os que gostam de umDepois de vários anos longe da série em consoles de mesa, Mario Kart 8 me chamou atenção desde sua primeira apresentação. Não tive duvidas e comprei o game em uma oportunidade única alguns dias antes do lançamento e não tenho um ponto negativo ou arrependimento nesse game, simplesmente fenomenal e recomendo a todos que gostavam e ainda gostam de games de kart e também os que gostam de um bom game de corrida.

Com certeza é o melhor do gênero e dificilmente será superado.

27. Jun 2, 2014
    Wow this is a great game I'm still playing it and I love it it has great graphics great gameplay and great multiplayer very great oh and the price is not too bad it's worth It
    give this a ten
  28. May 30, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 is a great addition to the Mario Kart series. With it comes 16 completely new maps, and another 16 highly renovated retro maps. With the option to either race 50cc, 100cc or 150cc against the AI, or play co-op with friends, or online, there's something for everyone. Every map has it's own theme, both in aesthetics and music.

The only part of the game that I'm disappointed

The only part of the game that I'm disappointed with is the Battle-mode. It unfortunately uses the same maps that you race on, and Nintendo even misses its chance to make a "Battle-Dome" where you can drive up the wall, upside-down on the roof and etc. Vehicles in Battle-mode are also very slow, and are lacking any options to change this.

All in all though, this is a great game, and it might end up being one of my favourite games of this generation.
  29. May 30, 2014
    Visually one of the best looking mario game to date. All the courses especially the new ones are absolutely gorgeous. Also the anti-gravity thing in this game is awesome!!! Driving upside down and sideways on some of the courses is a blast!! 9/10!! ALL THE WII U OWNERS OUT THERE!! BUY THIS GAME!!!
  30. May 31, 2014
    You know that hyperbolic nostalgia that makes you think the first Mario Kart you ever played was the best, even though you have a sneaking suspicion that some of the later ones were probably better? Well, nostalgia be gone! This Mario Kart is destined to be your favorite racer of all time. Every track is gorgeous, the controls are perfect, and the reward system is motivating and fun. ItYou know that hyperbolic nostalgia that makes you think the first Mario Kart you ever played was the best, even though you have a sneaking suspicion that some of the later ones were probably better? Well, nostalgia be gone! This Mario Kart is destined to be your favorite racer of all time. Every track is gorgeous, the controls are perfect, and the reward system is motivating and fun. It all fun - even the AI's item logarithm feels fair. Three cheers for Mario Kart! Expand
  31. May 30, 2014
    This game is fantastic. It is fast paced and has really nice graphics. I remember when video games used to be fun. This one doesn't disappoint. I'm so glad I picked it up. Fed up of being disappointed at the so called "NEXT GEN" games recently. For fun factor alone, everybody that calls themselves a gamer should get this. Trust in Nintendo to deliver a game that is actually fun and notThis game is fantastic. It is fast paced and has really nice graphics. I remember when video games used to be fun. This one doesn't disappoint. I'm so glad I picked it up. Fed up of being disappointed at the so called "NEXT GEN" games recently. For fun factor alone, everybody that calls themselves a gamer should get this. Trust in Nintendo to deliver a game that is actually fun and not trying to scam you for more content at every damn opportunity. You'd be a fool not to get it! Expand
  32. Jun 1, 2014
    Very few games these days bring out the awe and excitement like Mario Kart 8. This game not only looks gorgeous, but it was designed by a genius. Mario Kart 8 is a must buy, and I have not had this much fun playing games for a very long time. Why are you still reading this? Go play it now!
  33. Jun 3, 2014
    Awesome Game! I could never really get into the Wii Mario Kart because I didn't really like the motion controls, well problem solved. You can play with any controller for the Wii U be in the pro controller, gamepad, gamepad using motion controls, or wiimote(possibly classic controller, but I don't have one to test it out) and the controls are tight. The graphics are easily the best for theAwesome Game! I could never really get into the Wii Mario Kart because I didn't really like the motion controls, well problem solved. You can play with any controller for the Wii U be in the pro controller, gamepad, gamepad using motion controls, or wiimote(possibly classic controller, but I don't have one to test it out) and the controls are tight. The graphics are easily the best for the Wii U to date, with no lag or stuttering even online is butter smooth and connecting to an online mate is easy and fast. There are tons of unlockables through gameplay where other companies might charge you in app for. If you own a Wii U go get this game, if not go get a Wii U and This game with the price you can find the Wii U at these days it's almost a no brainer and you will not be disappointed. Expand
  34. Jun 1, 2014
    This game takes a huge step forward in its course design and graphics, while lovingly looking back to its roots. It combines everything I've loved about every other Mario Kart, and turns it into a fresh experience. The new tracks are great, and the "highlights" are a nice touch- but the thing that most impresses me about this game are the retro courses. They're far from the standardThis game takes a huge step forward in its course design and graphics, while lovingly looking back to its roots. It combines everything I've loved about every other Mario Kart, and turns it into a fresh experience. The new tracks are great, and the "highlights" are a nice touch- but the thing that most impresses me about this game are the retro courses. They're far from the standard copy/paste from the past, and each of them have been retrofitted with the new things this game brings, while still maintaining their original feel. Nintendo clearly put a lot of time, effort, and thought into this game, and it deserves every last cent that I've spent on it- and I haven't even STARTED The multiplayer yet! To sum it up, this is a fantastic game- a must have for any Wii U owner, and the closest thing we've had so far to a system seller! Expand
  35. Jun 1, 2014
    Wow, this is the most fun racing game iv'e ever played, its just pure chaotic fun no matter how many players there are. Just go and BUY A WII U FOR THIS GAME!!!! Plus you get a free download game if you register Mariokart before july 31st, that is true value!
  36. Jun 2, 2014
    I just picked up this game on May 31st. It was the best purchase I have ever made! Mario Kart 8 is by far the greatest in the series, NOT Mario Kart 64... put the torches and pitchforks down. The visuals? Mind-blowing. The gameplay? Fun beyond belief. EVERYTHING? Incredible. I want this game to make the Wii U sell like hot cakes. It seriously deserves all of the love that its getting, andI just picked up this game on May 31st. It was the best purchase I have ever made! Mario Kart 8 is by far the greatest in the series, NOT Mario Kart 64... put the torches and pitchforks down. The visuals? Mind-blowing. The gameplay? Fun beyond belief. EVERYTHING? Incredible. I want this game to make the Wii U sell like hot cakes. It seriously deserves all of the love that its getting, and even more than that! Nintendo went all out with this one, and wanted it to be the greatest, and we got what could possibly be the most beautiful game ever created by Nintendo so far. Mission accomplished. :D Expand
  37. Jun 1, 2014
    Is the best kart racing game ever made. I wanted all the kids in the world could play it. This game is incredibly fun. If you are a true mario kart fan, this game is like a dream. Highly competitive, best online experience, detailed and colorful visuals, amazing graphics, awesome soundtrack. I loved the balance between old and new ideas. If you never played mario kart before you must buyIs the best kart racing game ever made. I wanted all the kids in the world could play it. This game is incredibly fun. If you are a true mario kart fan, this game is like a dream. Highly competitive, best online experience, detailed and colorful visuals, amazing graphics, awesome soundtrack. I loved the balance between old and new ideas. If you never played mario kart before you must buy Mario Kart 8. I really miss the battle arenas, can't wait to see them soon as possible. Expand
  38. Jun 1, 2014
    Uns dos melhores Mario Kart já lançados. O visual HD deixa o jogo impressionante apesar de alguns serrilhados aqui e ali, isso não atrapalha em nada na jogatina. As trilhas sonoras são épicas e o sistema de anti gravidade funciona perfeitamente bem, e os ovos itens e personagens serem bem bolados e criativos. As partidas online são super bem fluidas, sem travamentos, mas você poderá cairUns dos melhores Mario Kart já lançados. O visual HD deixa o jogo impressionante apesar de alguns serrilhados aqui e ali, isso não atrapalha em nada na jogatina. As trilhas sonoras são épicas e o sistema de anti gravidade funciona perfeitamente bem, e os ovos itens e personagens serem bem bolados e criativos. As partidas online são super bem fluidas, sem travamentos, mas você poderá cair da rede online do jogo de vez em quando. Expand
  39. Jun 1, 2014
    I must say that, this game is perfect, I never could imagine that this graphic could be maked, it's more beautifull than even the real life, it's just amazing.

The controls are fine, they are like every Mario Kart game, and men... the items are so much balanced, isn't a item rain like in the DS. I'm more than right when I give a 10 to this beautifull game... no, it's not only a game,

I'm more than right when I give a 10 to this beautifull game... no, it's not only a game, it's art.
  40. Jun 2, 2014
    Best gaming experience I've had in a long time. A Nintendo representative said that technical horsepower alone is not enough. Game-play is what's most important. This piece of software is a perfect example how true this statement is. Thank you Nintendo, you guys rock !!!
  41. Jun 2, 2014
    Ótimo jogo, está muito lindo, a jogabilidade está impecável... muito épico, moderno e nostálgico ao mesmo tempo, as fases antigas dos consoles anteriores remasterizadas ficou muito lindas, sem mais o jogo é supremo.
  42. Jun 6, 2014
    An absolutely amazing all around game! Similar to the original we know and love except it greatly changes things up with its level design and gameplay. It really deserves a 10/10
  43. Jun 2, 2014
    Ya know, I expected this game to feel like something I've already played. I remember playing the crap out of Mario Kart 64 nearly two decades ago.

But this game just feels like a fresh new acid trip of epic proportions. You'd have to be incredibly jaded to not have a blast with this game and a couple of friends.
  44. Jun 3, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 is a masterpiece. This game alone will make the Wii U shine, for sure. They have once again brought back a classic game and made it look even better! It looks stunning and the music is just priceless. They have really listened to their fans and added/taken away things that weren't too hot in the previous games. Amazing piece of work, Nintendo
  45. Jun 3, 2014
    A technical success and the game design at his best. 32 races, 60 fps duo online, 30 fps at 4 players, this game bring so much fun in the house. My friend and I love it.
  46. Jun 5, 2014
    Why Mario Kart 8 is the best of the Mario Kart series? Because it summes up the best of all previous titles, has high quality content (in terms of tracks, drivers, animations, ...) and most of all it has an improved game balancing!

Tracks The 16 new tracks (plus the 16 remade maps, of cource) are amazing: Great Level Design, great Production Design, and each track has tons of unique

Tracks
    The 16 new tracks (plus the 16 remade maps, of cource) are amazing: Great Level Design, great Production Design, and each track has tons of unique visual content! One of my favorites is the one that reminds everyone of the Sugar Rush game in the Wreck-it-Ralph movie. Considering the rather low performance of the Wii U, Mario Kart 8 looks just beautiful: Textures, Shaders and Animations were made with passion definitely. Moreover, the gameplay of the new tracks are very much convincing, offering various challenges, shortcuts and game elements that are unique for each level, such as the Giant Bowser literally hitting the road in Bowsers' Castle.

Replay-Mode
    What a great idea: After finishing a race, you can either see a replay of one of the drivers in full length, or configure parameters for a clip that the game will create automatically and that depicts some of the most interesting situations that occured. While playing the clip, you can pause, reward, forward AND slow down the playback. Especially the latter ends in VERY funny laughing fits when playing with friends. Seeing players get bashed, raging around with power-ups or having incredible comebacks in the last lap at slow motion is fun and a (meta-)gaming experience at its best!

Balancing
    Finally! 1) Getting of the track (/the course), like by falling into the deep, doesn't make you go for the last place anymore. 2) Items now keep the balance between being too powerful and being too lame, still keeping enough space for surprises. 3) The racers nearly always drive in a quite narrow field, fostering the tension. But: You won't rotate from place 8 to place 2 to place 7 to place 1 all the time. Mario Kart 8 races always feel like very fair yet exciting, thrilling and surprising challenges. Finally!

Drivers and everything else
    Just AWESOME.

There is still much more to write about this game, but it's simply not necessary, because nearly everything can be judged favourably. I would give it a 11 out of 10. Unfortunatelly, there are no distinct arena tracks for the good old multiplayer balloon battle (first known from Mario Kart 64). So let's say: 10 points.
  47. Jun 27, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 would have been much more enjoyable had it allowed arenas for battle mode. I long for the battle mode days of the SNES. It is nearly impossible to track down one's opponents in the race track battle mode environment of Mario Kart 8. Nintendo, please correct this!! Otherwise, this will be the last Mario Kart that I buy. Thanks for your consideration.
  48. May 31, 2014
    Balanced, competitive, inspired visual and audio design, this is the genre defining kart racing game. This is reason enough to own wii u. Will be my go to game for a long time.
  49. May 30, 2014
    One of the most fun games I've ever played!
    -Very interesting and unique tracks; lots of them too.
    -Online play and Split Screen(2 player) + Online Play. -Split screen up to 4 players. -Ability to upload highlight videos to youtube and the miiverse. -Runs super super smooth and looks amazing too. -Perfect sense of speed combined with crazy items and abilities. -Drive up walls, in
    One of the most fun games I've ever played!
    -Very interesting and unique tracks; lots of them too.
    -Online play and Split Screen(2 player) + Online Play.
    -Split screen up to 4 players.
    -Ability to upload highlight videos to youtube and the miiverse.
    -Runs super super smooth and looks amazing too.
    -Perfect sense of speed combined with crazy items and abilities.
    -Drive up walls, in tunnels, under water, etc...
  50. May 31, 2014
    Best Mario Kart game yet. Everything has been refined and the new mechanics work really well. The only problem is the character roster is a bit poor but this has a minimal effect on the gameplay.

A must buy if you have a Wii U.
  51. Jun 4, 2014
    Simply the best Mario Kart ever. Skill is rewarded but opportunities are still always present, and the best mechanics from throughout the series are brought together.
  52. May 31, 2014
    THIS GAME IS HUGE¡¡ WHERE ARE ALL THESE NINTENDO FANS? WII U NEEDS TO HAVE MORE SALES BECAUSE OF GAMES LIKE THIS , ITS SUPER FUN¡ YOU WONT SEE THIS ON OTHER CONSOLES.
  53. May 30, 2014
    Non posso non dare un 10 secco.

Il gioco è graficamente delizioso, divertente in single player (le gare 50 cc sono molto facili, ma poi nelle 100 cc e 150 cc la sfida c'è eccome) e divertentissimo online, dove è praticamente infinito! Le gare online sono serratissime e avvincenti, non vi è alcun lag, la grafica non ha nessun downgrade. Vale anche da solo l'acquisto della console e,
    Non posso non dare un 10 secco.

Vale anche da solo l'acquisto della console e, con la promozione del gioco in omaggio, Nintendo ha fatto una grande mossa commerciale e va elogiata e premiata.

Finalmente WiiU inizia a fare sul serio!

I voti negativi sono quelli dei poveri hater sfigati, che non vedendo il titolo sulla loro console, vengono a dare un voto negativo...essi non sono veri videogiocatori, ma solo dei poveri idioti frustrati.
  54. May 30, 2014
    Phenomenal. Absolutely spectacular game. Exactly what I was hoping for from the 8th installment of the Mario Kart series. I was able to play through half the courses in one sitting, and the rest in another and ended very content with the results. The game looked amazing, ran like a joy, and had a great soundtrack (heavily influenced by the trumpet). I've yet to do too much focus onPhenomenal. Absolutely spectacular game. Exactly what I was hoping for from the 8th installment of the Mario Kart series. I was able to play through half the courses in one sitting, and the rest in another and ended very content with the results. The game looked amazing, ran like a joy, and had a great soundtrack (heavily influenced by the trumpet). I've yet to do too much focus on the multi-player as I am currently enjoying single player. Now as amazing as this game is, I do have merely 3 complaints as no game is truly perfect.

A. The zero-gravity/hover mode was visually impressive, but did not effect the aesthetics of the racing. You are still racing on a standard curvy track it just looks fancy. On that note the retro tracks could use a bit more zero-gravity.

B. Battle mode. If you've played this game, the title explains itself. They done-goofed the battle mode. The courses are no longer fun and interesting square arenas, but are portions of the courses itself. Completely shattered my nostalgia from battle mode.

C. Why all the mini bowser/bowser relatives? I don't have the character list in-front of me, but there are I want to say 6-7 bowser relative characters from the New Super Mario Bros series. These seem like wasted space as they easily could've included more characters from series' such as Super Mario Galaxy/Sunshine.

That's it for the negative. Those are really minor complaints in the grand scheme of things as overall, this is the most I've enjoyed myself in a video game in quite some time. I can't help but smile and let the nostalgia overflow me as I play this nearly perfect installation in one of my all-time favorite series'.
  55. May 30, 2014
    Great soundtrack, great level design, improved gameplay mechanics, no rubberbanding, smart AI, beautiful and detailed and colorful visuals, improved online mode, buttery smooth frame rate, new items, cart creator improved, bikes and carts balanced, skill based gameplay, fun gameplay, best Mario Kart ever made.
  56. May 30, 2014
    This is the best next-gen game I have played to date. This is also my favorite Mario kart as well. Everything about it is perfect its amazing. Also I was able to get pikmin 3 for free with the promotion and because I downloaded both of these titles I got 10 dollars in eshop credit thanks to the deluxe digital promotion. On top of all that I also used the club Nintendo coins I got fromThis is the best next-gen game I have played to date. This is also my favorite Mario kart as well. Everything about it is perfect its amazing. Also I was able to get pikmin 3 for free with the promotion and because I downloaded both of these titles I got 10 dollars in eshop credit thanks to the deluxe digital promotion. On top of all that I also used the club Nintendo coins I got from these games to download Super Metroid for free which also adds to my deluxe digital promotion points. Nintendo is the best gaming company. Expand
  57. May 30, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 is a beautiful game! All the tracks are well designed, look great and the game has an amazing sound track! Certainly better than Watch Dogs! A MUST HAVE for any Wii U owner and a good start for someone who doesn't own a Wii U yet! 720 or 1080; this game looks amazing!!! But like I said, pick up a Wii U if you haven't already! Especially with the Mario Kart Wii U bundle! TheMario Kart 8 is a beautiful game! All the tracks are well designed, look great and the game has an amazing sound track! Certainly better than Watch Dogs! A MUST HAVE for any Wii U owner and a good start for someone who doesn't own a Wii U yet! 720 or 1080; this game looks amazing!!! But like I said, pick up a Wii U if you haven't already! Especially with the Mario Kart Wii U bundle! The best part of it all...A FREE GAME! You get a download code for one of 4 games in the US and one of 10 games in the UK if you pick up Mario Kart 8! 10/10 Expand
  58. May 31, 2014
    The insanely high standards established by Nintendo games have been lifted even higher. The game is simply FLAWLESS. Brings back the feeling of being able to enjoy a freshly released game straight from the box. Perfect. Handles great, offers a load of swearing-inducing challenge, and FINALLY you can fend off the effing blue shell. Absolutely lovely. God I love it.
  59. May 30, 2014
    Simplesmente Genial!!! Superou todas as minhas expectativas. Uma verdadeira obra prima da nova geração. O gameplay, os gráficos, as pistas, os personagens, modalidades online, tudo foi aprimorado pra uma das melhores experiencias de jogos de corrida que já tive.
    Totalmente recomendado! 10/10
  60. May 31, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 brings gorgeous visuals at smooth 60 fps, and mix the bikes from MK Wii with the parts and customization from MK 7, along with the new gravity system. There's more than enough new stuff here, but what matters is that the game is wonderful as ever on its design. If you don't have a Wii U and care about fun and challenge, it's time to buy one.
  61. May 30, 2014
    Simply amazing. This game is not only beautiful but extremely fun to play. I had a huge smile from ear to ear when I was gliding in the air passing someone in the race. It's everything I was hoping this game to be, it was well worth the wait. This game alone is worth buying the Wii U, if you don't agree with me then the free download you get for buying this game is worth the purchaseSimply amazing. This game is not only beautiful but extremely fun to play. I had a huge smile from ear to ear when I was gliding in the air passing someone in the race. It's everything I was hoping this game to be, it was well worth the wait. This game alone is worth buying the Wii U, if you don't agree with me then the free download you get for buying this game is worth the purchase of the Wii U (New Super Mario Bros, Pikmin 3, Windwaker HD) are games worth owning the system and will not disappoint. Don't listen to the haters my library includes: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Darksiders 2 (amazing!), Batman Akrham City (Amazing, they have Wii U exclusives), Call of Duty Black Ops II, Call of Duty Ghost, Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD, Duck tales, Mass Effect 3 (wii u exclusives), Need for Speed Most Wanted U (Wii U exclusives), Ninja Gaiden 3 (Wii U Exclusives and amazing), nintendoland (awesome), sonic all star racing, tekken tag team tournament (wii u exclusives), Zombi U and Pikmin 3 with my free download :D. Anyone that says that the system doesn't have good titles, deserves to be slapped in the face. Later this year Super Smash Bros, a Monolith Exclusive, Bayonetta 2 (wii U exclusive).. Nintendo fan for life! Expand
  62. Jun 21, 2014
    A nearly Perfect Game. If you liked any Mario or any karting game, get a wii u and buy this game.
    Pros: The visuals. Wow. It looks amazing. The races. The Characters. Multiplayer etc.
    Cons: The battle mode. This is the thing that held it back from a 10. They put actual race tracks in the game instead of those cube tracks. This results to instead battling it out with your friends, you drive through the track hoping you find them. And even you do find them, they're just gonna zoom past you.
    Anyway, Great game nearly a 10, but the battle mode ruined it. Still great though.
  63. Jun 8, 2014
    Striking colors, fantastic music and unabashed fun, that is whats waiting for you in Mariokart 8.

Mariokart 8 is fantastic game showing that a series in its 8th installment can still come up with fresh ideas and deliver such a high dosage of pure gaming joy. in a time where the trend to bash on Nintendo for being "unoriginal" and "behind the times" its refreshing to see a game without the mountains of blood, gore and excessive dlc and microtrnsactions from a AAA publisher.

Let's pretend you have never played a game in the mariokart series. What does it play like? well mariokart (and almost every kart racer) builds upon the idea of crazy physics and over the top tracks that you duke it out on, often with some sort of item/weapon system. strategic use of items and Mastering of inline drifting is top priority.

while the same basic concept remains the same for mariokart 8, it's still the most refreshing kart game i have played in years. The antigravity feature may not seem to be much of a change at first, but its how much it plays in with gliding and underwater portins that makes it all work together. while mariokart 7 also had the gliding and underwater sections, it never really meshed. But with the antigravity in mariokart 8 it manages to transition seamlessly from one to the other without it feeling like thoughtless addon.

aside from thye new features what improvement does this 8th installment in this gaming megaseries bring to the table? for me it was the changes made to how items and drifting work. in past mariokart games you had the ability to pick up an item, shield you back with it and pick up another item in your hand, ready to blast anyone brave enough to slip past your defenses. This made first place almost invincible and impervious to attacks. not this time though as you can only pick up one item at a time, leveling the playing field. but as a consolation for the nefarious shell and banana fortresses they have the superhorn, an item so glorious, so magnificent it shattered the mind of many a mariokart fan, sending tears of gratitude from battle worn eyes. This item is able block the dreaded blue spine shell. halleluja!

As mentioned earlier the other major improvement to this game lies the improvemt made the drifting system, the bikes in particular. in previous installments bikes had the ability to inline drift, makeing them superior to karts in every way. this is fixed in mariokart 8 by giving every new vehicle type its own advantagea and weaknesses. bikes have better drifting, ATV's have better traction rough terrain and recover faster from slipping of the course into mud or grass. regular karts have better overall stats on every field and have an advantage when racing straight ahead on regular asphalt. of course each character also brings their own stats and preferences for vehicles. this makes this the most ballanced mariokart to date. cpu's are still terminators hunting the player down though.

the graphics in mariokart 8 is some of the best graphics i have ver seen in a video game eve. no its not the most technicaly advanced graphics ever seen, but its still gorgeous and proves the wiiu is no slouch when compared to the ps4 and xb1. the creativity that is put into the design of each track, both graphicaly and from a gameplay standpoint is mindblowing. even the the retro courses have been remade with new features and gorgeous HD visuals.

the online is probably the best nintendo has ever had, you can customize EVERYTHING in the different modes, from item selection to tournament rules and times. i ahve experienced no lag or dropping and have not had any conectivity issues over my long play sessions of this game.

there is only one issue i have with this game and that is a big one for some people. they completely ruines the battle mode. no more custom made arenas designed for crazy deathmatches and high intensity weapon slinging. instead you batle it out on the tracks from racing mode. this makes battle kode slow and tedious and completely unplayable with less than 12 characters. once the player count dips below it becomes more of a match of finding someone in an empty nothingness compared to the chaotic fun of previous battle modes.

all in all this is a fantastic game and a testament to nintendo's creativity and skill in game design, showing us why they still reign when it comes to making an actaully fun game and not barely interactive "cinematic experiences" that is so popular today. if not for the lackluster battle mode this would have gotten a 10 out of 10, but it seems nothing can reach perfection. a stellar game worth every buck for years to come. a definite BUY.

the
  64. Jun 2, 2014
    This game is excellent. The graphics are unmatched, the game play is perfectly balanced, all of the courses are a blast, online gaming works great, and couch co-op is the most fun in the series.

It gets an 9/10 from me for two reasons: 1 - The character selection is a bit lackluster. How about Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, Boo, Birdo, ROB, etc.? 2 - Battle mode is pretty much

It gets an 9/10 from me for two reasons:
    2 - Battle mode is pretty much just racing mode that doesn't end until you get hit 3 times. It's terrible compared to other iterations of Battle Mode in Mario Kart, which used to be lots of fun.
  65. Jun 6, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 is the best game I've ever encountered in years! It brings back the true meaning of fun into the gaming world, to the players home. The races are fun, there is great real and cosmetical customization options, the tracks are wonderful, and the music...i can't tell... you need to experience it... Nintendo released this masterpiece on their not so well selling system, but i'mMario Kart 8 is the best game I've ever encountered in years! It brings back the true meaning of fun into the gaming world, to the players home. The races are fun, there is great real and cosmetical customization options, the tracks are wonderful, and the music...i can't tell... you need to experience it... Nintendo released this masterpiece on their not so well selling system, but i'm sure the selling be skyrocketing soon. If you looking forward to the game, but you don't own the Wii U yet, just go out and buy it. This game is a system selling title, not to mention, you can get a free game at club nintendo if you buy mariokart. Expand
  66. Jun 6, 2014
    I need to say, im impressed! The graphics are really great! and the game its a lot of fun! Online matchs are great. i would like too see more options to chat between players before the race starts. i would like to see a way to play on tv and gamepad separately in 2 playes mode, but im really satisfied with Mario KArt 8. Thanks Nintendo!
  67. May 30, 2014
    I could write this review using a single word.

Fantastic. But it wouldn't be enough. It wouldn't describe the colossal amount of effort Nintendo has gone to to make Mario Kart 8 the prettiest game on Wii U, even prettier than Super Mario 3D World, the prior graphical showcase Wii U owners like me would use to show off what the console could really do if people just tried. From the
    I could write this review using a single word.

Fantastic.

But it wouldn't be enough. It wouldn't describe the colossal amount of effort Nintendo has gone to to make Mario Kart 8 the prettiest game on Wii U, even prettier than Super Mario 3D World, the prior graphical showcase Wii U owners like me would use to show off what the console could really do if people just tried. From the character models to the fact that this game runs in 60 frames per second, even in split screen two player, Mario Kart 8 is now the go-to-game to show people that Wii U can rival even the PS4 when it comes to graphical prowess. The fact that this came out the same week as Watch Dogs, which looks last gen even on the PS4, makes this all the sweeter.

It wouldn't be enough to tell you about the little graphical flourishes Nintendo have sprinkled throughout the world, so little that you don’t really notice them but they help bring the world to life. Things like Donkey Kong’s fur or Mario’s mustache rustling in the wind as their kart zooms around the track. The little background animations that don’t need to be there but are. The word “fantastic” would encompass these things, surely, but wouldn't tell you how impressive it is in its subtlety.

It wouldn't let you know that the racing controls in this game are spot-freaking-on, just as they have been in every Mario Kart since the halcyon days of the N64.

“Fantastic” wouldn’t explain how great the music is, from the synthesized beats of the Electrodome to the orchestral music of Cloudtop Cruise.

Nor would it be enough to tell you how easy the online matchmaking is, putting more “adult” games like Titanfall to shame. Or how well online multiplayer runs. Or just how fun it is.

Fantastic wouldn’t tell you where Mario Kart 8 stumbles, either. The most obvious stumble is Battle Mode, a multiplayer favorite since the original Mario Kart came out on the SNES. Whereas previous iterations of Battle Mode had custom built arenas, here Battle Mode is reduced to reconfigured versions of the Grand Prix mode tracks. It’s such an obvious fumble that you wonder why Nintendo even bothered to include Battle Mode if they were going to half-arse it like this.

There’s also the use of the Gamepad; in the sense that apart from being a horn or being the usual avenue for off-TV play, it’s not really utilised as well as it could be. How about a reverse camera option, so you can always see what’s happening behind you? What about a local 2 player mode that allows one player to play on the TV and the other on the Gamepad? Great ideas that aren’t there for some reason.

Mario Kart 8 may also prove the adage that you can have too much of a good thing. Some criticized Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS of having too few characters, but here there may be too many. Choice is always nice, but the fact that there are five different baby characters, and six of the Koopalings, makes the character choice seem a bit superfluous. There are differences between all the characters, of course, but when the differences are so subtle because of the large variety of characters to chose from, you end up wishing for less.

There’s the consistent problem of the enemy AI being all knowing. I’ve always seen single player Mario Kart as Me vs. 8+ computer characters working as one. This problem becomes all the more obvious when you start making it to the front of the pack. For example, Mario Kart veterans know that the only time you get items like the Blue Shell, or the Lightning Bolt, are when you’re at the back of the pack. When you’re all the way back there, you can’t really know what’s going on in first. So it’s insane that when you’re leading the race, and about to jump over a precarious jump, that a Lightning Bolt hits you at just the right time to see you spin out and fall to your doom. There’s no other word for that than unfair; fantastic is definitely not apropos.

A minor niggle I have… and it’s really minor… is the fact that the default menu choice following a race is the Replay button. If you’re anything like me, you’re constantly hitting A trying to speed up your progression to the next race. Mario Kart 8 looks set to break me of that habit, since starting a replay of the race just ends up slowing me down. The replay feature is a nice feature, don’t get me wrong; the ability to edit and share videos on Youtube and Miiverse is especially cool. But it’s not the main game.

Overall, Mario Kart 8 is fantastic. Just fantastic. It’s pure fun. The new anti-grav feature is arguably a gimmick, but when it bends your mind (and the course) it’s just, well, fantastic fun. Mario Kart 8 stumbles in a few places, but the overall package is one of quality and substance. It’s a game all Wii U owners should be buying right now, and it’s a game that should make non-Wii U owners rush out and buy the console right now.

Fantastic. Get it now.

Read my review here: http://intelligentgamer.org/2014/05/31/review-mario-kart-8/
  68. May 30, 2014
    There is a fine balance between innovation and perfecting systems that already work. Nintendo has mastered this balance in Mario Kart 8. For the first time, Nintendo has made a Mario Kart eloquently achieves both increasing the level of skill required while simultaneously making the game visually stunning and enjoyable to play for fun. I give Mario Kart 8 a 9.9/10 because no Game isThere is a fine balance between innovation and perfecting systems that already work. Nintendo has mastered this balance in Mario Kart 8. For the first time, Nintendo has made a Mario Kart eloquently achieves both increasing the level of skill required while simultaneously making the game visually stunning and enjoyable to play for fun. I give Mario Kart 8 a 9.9/10 because no Game is perfect.... except portal Expand
  69. May 31, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 is my favorite game in the franchise. This game is an absolute blast at every turn. The 16 new courses are gorgeous, and the 16 remastered courses are all changed enough to make it feel like a brand new experience, with just the right amount of nostalgia. Online play so far has been working flawlessly, and new games start in less than a minute.

My only gripes is the

My only gripes is the character roster and the battle mode. The roster is filled with babies, koopalings, and metal characters. Which are okay, but when these characters take up the space of fan favorites like Dry Bones, Boo, and Birdo, I start to think that maybe we don't need 5 baby characters. And the battle mode is significantly different, now taking place on actual tracks from the game instead of in a fixed arena. It's difficult to catch people when you either have to tail behind them, or they zip past you going the opposite way.

These issues are easy to look past, as the core gameplay and track design is better than it has ever been. This game is pure unadulterated fun, and is definitely worth your time as a Wii U owner.
  70. May 31, 2014
    If you're looking for a reason to buy a Wii U, then here it is!!! Because this game is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It has a lot of features from Mario Kart 7, along with new characters, customizations and usuables! The new Rainbow Road looks amazing!!! wooo! Ohh... and many features are on the gamepad istead of being on the bottom right of your screen ^__^
  71. May 30, 2014
    This is the real Next-Gen game that you've been waiting for. Mario Kart 8 is simply amazing and will keep you in the front of your TV for hours and hours playing because you won't get bored of it.
  72. May 30, 2014
    I bought a Wii U for this game. It's a nice change from the AAA games that I play on my PC and PS4. Nintendo definitely knows how to make a game FUN. I highly recommend this game to anyone.
  73. May 30, 2014
    Game is amazing. Can't say anything else really. The game plays like a dream, graphics and textures are gorgeous all at 60 fps. Watch Dogs on the PS4 is on the back burner tonight.
  74. May 30, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 is the most FUN I've had in a video game for quite a while. Gameplay is classic Mario Kart, but with a couple new items and elements that always keeps things interesting and on your toes. The level designs are almost awe-inspiring on a visual level and a whole lotta fun. If there is ANYTHING keeping me from giving this a perfect 10, it'd be the fact that the current characterMario Kart 8 is the most FUN I've had in a video game for quite a while. Gameplay is classic Mario Kart, but with a couple new items and elements that always keeps things interesting and on your toes. The level designs are almost awe-inspiring on a visual level and a whole lotta fun. If there is ANYTHING keeping me from giving this a perfect 10, it'd be the fact that the current character roster is saturated with Baby versions of characters already there. It make the selection of characters feel...lacking, and not really diverse. But that's a nitpicky issue, as they are all balanced better than ever before. For those on the fence for buying a Wii U, this is absolutely worth the ticket price. The engine is efficient (60 FPS for 1-2 players local and single-player) and looks as good, if not better than, most next-gen games currently available. It's also more fun than ANY Xbox One or PS4 game out now, and the best part is it'll keep on giving for years to come, especially with the strong possibility of DLC in the coming future.

9.5/10
  75. Jun 1, 2014
    Thanks for renewing my respect for the video game industry Nintendo. By far, best game of the year for so many reasons and a choice of Pimkin 3, Zelda Windwalker, Mario U or WIIU party - FOR FREE - for registering MK8. Oh Yeah, not available for the "Drop a $1,000 just to play video game" x box 1. oh, but you do get dud of the year titan fall.
  76. Jun 7, 2014
    El mejor Mario kart de la saga. Su modo online es endiabladamente divertido y los circuitos y pilotos lucen fenomenal con la nueva potencia HD de wii u. Pero lo mejor es que los años le sientan genial y sigue siendo igual de divertido o mas...
  77. Jun 1, 2014
    This is without a doubt the most fun racing game of all time! Great controls, gorgeous graphics and the best track designs ever in a mariokart game. Only downside is to many baby versions of other characters in the roster.
  78. Jun 7, 2014
    Fun enjoyable gameplay. This is my favourite Mario Kart yet (previously it was Mario Kart 64). The gameplay is enjoyable alone, but best played with friends or being competitive online. The only flaws are the poor roster (full of babies, metal mario and the aweful pink gold peach) and in battle mode you can only play on race courses rather than courses specifically designed for it likeFun enjoyable gameplay. This is my favourite Mario Kart yet (previously it was Mario Kart 64). The gameplay is enjoyable alone, but best played with friends or being competitive online. The only flaws are the poor roster (full of babies, metal mario and the aweful pink gold peach) and in battle mode you can only play on race courses rather than courses specifically designed for it like previous installments in the series. This leads to you driving around trying to find someone for the whole match, and when you do it's someone on your team, but you're so happy that you have found someone so you throw an item anyway, but it harms them as items aren't on team. However, battle mode isn't the main feature in Mario Kart, and the roster can be forgiven by the fact you can play as Mii, which have almost endless customization possibilities. I give Mario Kart 8 a 99/100 Expand
  79. May 30, 2014
    Only thing holding me back from giving this fantastic title a 10 is the inability to send online game request to friends. Other than that this is a solid title. The highlight reels are great after a race!
  80. May 31, 2014
    I love this game so much, that I made an account just to give this game a 10/10! XD The stellar game design and the amazing art direction is more than enough to warrant a perfect score from me. Well, I do have minor complaints with the game (notably the bizarre roster, the battle mode, and the online infrastructure, etc.), they're truly minuscule in face of the amazing and seeminglyI love this game so much, that I made an account just to give this game a 10/10! XD The stellar game design and the amazing art direction is more than enough to warrant a perfect score from me. Well, I do have minor complaints with the game (notably the bizarre roster, the battle mode, and the online infrastructure, etc.), they're truly minuscule in face of the amazing and seemingly endless content that this game provides. It shows that Nintendo still has what it takes to make a game that stands out in such a competitive generation... here's hoping for more Nintendo magic in the future! Expand
  81. May 30, 2014
    Another Nintendo masterpiece. .
  82. May 31, 2014
    Best Mario Kart ever!!!! Game is nothing but fun. This is the reason that I bought a Wii U! If you have always been a fan this ga!e is for you, If you never played the game, Try it!!!!
  83. May 30, 2014
    Tremendous level design and the soundtrack really does lift the MK8 experience. Game play is solid and playing online is a blast. Shame the courses feel too short, as everything looks GORGEOUS in HD, and this just leaves me wanting more. If the character roster had variation other than babies, metals and koopa kids would be a 10.
  84. May 30, 2014
    There is just so much love in the making of this game. You can simply feel it in almost every track (except maybe one or two). It gets better and better as you play it, and four way split screen has never been this good. Unlike old kart games you can actually know exactly what is going on.
    Not a 10 because they did not add special arenas. They used to serve as a good distraction after hours of racing with friends... Need to make it an update and not a DLC.
  85. May 30, 2014
    This game does so many things righ, I'm barely scratching it but the excitement is 10/10. Pack yourself a group to play online and locally. The bundle is totally worthy if you don't have a Wii-U yet.
  86. May 30, 2014
    the game is beautiful it may not have the most high tech graphics like the Xbox one or the ps4 but it does beat it in one department and That the fun factor. you'll have more fun playing Mario Kart 8 than you will playing watchdogs. if you don't have a Wii U sell your ps4 after all isn't fun what games are all about?
  87. Jun 2, 2014
    The perfect kart racing game. Smooth and beautiful animation, nice online multiplayer and choice of controls, cheerful music, no doubt one of the most joyful game on the Wii U thus far.
  88. May 31, 2014
    Highly recommend this gorgeous super duper fun game. I want to have children some day, just so we can play this wonderful game together! Nintendo magic.
  89. May 30, 2014
    Absolute amazing, fantastic, gorgerous, great, incredible,
    THIS IS THE REAL NEX GEN GAME a TRILE AAA+ Game, MK8 is not a simple MK game is a complete gaming experience ONLINE, SINGLE PLAYER
  90. May 30, 2014
    I can not believe how much fun this game is!!! If they bring out a dlc with arenas, I'll give it an 11!!! :-) gotta go racing again!! Woohoooo!!!!!!! :-)
  91. May 30, 2014
    I have to say, I almost lost faith in Nintendo. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was good, but didn't make me feel that childhood wonder like the past Nintendo games have. I haven't felt this good about a Nintendo game since Super Mario Galaxy 2. This is, especially for a Nintendo fan, a MUST BUY. The gameplay is super fun, the graphics are phenomenal, the music is very catchy, andI have to say, I almost lost faith in Nintendo. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was good, but didn't make me feel that childhood wonder like the past Nintendo games have. I haven't felt this good about a Nintendo game since Super Mario Galaxy 2. This is, especially for a Nintendo fan, a MUST BUY. The gameplay is super fun, the graphics are phenomenal, the music is very catchy, and there is a lot to do. I've only played single-player so far, but I'm very much looking forward to couch and online multiplayer! Expand
  92. May 30, 2014
    Gorgeous! It's like Mario Kart in heaven. I can feeeeel the 60 fps. If you were on the fence about getting a Wii U, please do yourself the favor and pick one up!
  93. May 30, 2014
    It's always a god feeling when a console gets a timeless classic of a game like Mario Kart 8 is. This game adds to an already great, underrated lineup of games for the Wii U. The first thing I noticed when I threw the game in was the graphics. Finally, an HD version of a Mario Kart series that easily gets a spot in my top 10 all time greatest game series. The courses are beautiful and youIt's always a god feeling when a console gets a timeless classic of a game like Mario Kart 8 is. This game adds to an already great, underrated lineup of games for the Wii U. The first thing I noticed when I threw the game in was the graphics. Finally, an HD version of a Mario Kart series that easily gets a spot in my top 10 all time greatest game series. The courses are beautiful and you find yourself admiring just how good everything looks mid-race. The critics definitely nailed the key point here, the fact that you're getting everything you loved from past games in the series while giving you more features like customization and a couple new power ups. This is the first in the series where, in my observation, can be master of the controls in the former Mario Karts but will have a bit of a learning curve with this installment. You have to be a bit more careful on the turns when first starting up, but if you recently polished your skills with one of the older Mario Karts, you'll catch on by your 2nd or 3rd cup qualifier. All in all just an amazing racing game and a title worthy of donning the Mario Kart name. Expand
  94. Jun 1, 2014
    The guy from The Toronto Sun must be smoking crack with Rob Ford, because MARIO KART 8 is without a doubt THE best racing game ever on any home console or PC, not to mention the best Mario Kart game. The visuals are jaw dropping, the music is bangin' and the intensity is off the charts! Anyone who rates this game as less then perfect needs to stop gaming, maybe take up crocheting orThe guy from The Toronto Sun must be smoking crack with Rob Ford, because MARIO KART 8 is without a doubt THE best racing game ever on any home console or PC, not to mention the best Mario Kart game. The visuals are jaw dropping, the music is bangin' and the intensity is off the charts! Anyone who rates this game as less then perfect needs to stop gaming, maybe take up crocheting or knitting because possibly this is too complex of a hobby for them. All jokes aside this is a fantastic game absolutely loaded with fine details and crafted by the masters at Nintendo with LOVE...see you online - seantendo001. Expand
  95. Jun 7, 2014
    Here's the thing. Nintendo have this gift; a gift of magical prowess. They know how to make games that attract all kinds of people, no matter their personality. It's a gift that is so rare nowadays, yet never goes under-appreciated. Mario Kart 8 is the prime example of this. It delivers with such poise that it makes you wonder if the Wii U was ever on struggle street. Titles like MarioHere's the thing. Nintendo have this gift; a gift of magical prowess. They know how to make games that attract all kinds of people, no matter their personality. It's a gift that is so rare nowadays, yet never goes under-appreciated. Mario Kart 8 is the prime example of this. It delivers with such poise that it makes you wonder if the Wii U was ever on struggle street. Titles like Mario Kart 8 are what bring supposedly doomed consoles back to life. Every game has its issues, and Mario Kart 8 is no exception. But when the magic of Nintendo shines through, there isn't anything that makes you feel let down. For over 30 years, Nintendo have been the kings of game development, and Mario Kart 8 shines brightly with every other classic gem they've ever made. Kudos to you, Nintendo. Pats on back for a job well done. Expand
  96. Jun 1, 2014
    I simply have to give this game a 10/10. It improves upon everything compared to all past Mario Kart entries. It's a superb experience, it's fluid, the controls are very solid and online racing is more fun than it has ever been. Probably the best WiiU game right now, do yourself a favor and get this!
  97. May 30, 2014
    The track design in this game is second to none, the virtual scenery is jaw dropping, just beautiful. there are tons of items to use which are well implemented, you can trump the blue shell attack, which thus adds more refinement and balance to the gameplay. the controls are smooth and responsive as they should be, the online is a hoot to play as well. the battle arenas are no longer,The track design in this game is second to none, the virtual scenery is jaw dropping, just beautiful. there are tons of items to use which are well implemented, you can trump the blue shell attack, which thus adds more refinement and balance to the gameplay. the controls are smooth and responsive as they should be, the online is a hoot to play as well. the battle arenas are no longer, nintendo has been lazy in my opinion and just used 8 tracks from the grand prix. you can change your kart as well with different well...karts, wheels, gliders to tweak your stats to your liking. The anti-gravity elements are in my opinion not emphasized enough in gameplay, say when go upside down your camera realigns with the track so it looks like your driving normally so it's more like a underlining concept to keep the series and action ticking. Overall though a stunning game, filled to the brim with pure charm and nostalgic joy. Expand
  98. Jun 10, 2014
    SUPER JUEGAZO, POR ESO LE DOY UN 10+, ADEMAS TIENE UNA JUGABILIDAD MARAVILLOSA QUE NO SE HABIA PRESENTADO EN ALGUN MARIO KART PASADO; ADEMAS SE NOTA UNA MEJORA EN LA MOVILIDAD DEL JUEGO EN RELACION A LA OPCION MULTIPLAYER ONLINE QUE TIENE
  99. Jun 11, 2014
    After putting some extensive hours into this game I have decided to pop on to review this real quick. First off the fact this game is finally out is just a breath of fresh air. I thought for sure I was going to have to sell my Wii U but this game really turned it around for me. The game itself is standard Mario Kart, with a small twist "anti gravity" while this didn't really break anyAfter putting some extensive hours into this game I have decided to pop on to review this real quick. First off the fact this game is finally out is just a breath of fresh air. I thought for sure I was going to have to sell my Wii U but this game really turned it around for me. The game itself is standard Mario Kart, with a small twist "anti gravity" while this didn't really break any grounds for me it was a cool feature and was a lot better alternative then flying as they had in sonic racing. The drift system is pretty cool I wish they would have added a 3rd boost option for drifting vs the 2 stages that currently exist. I have unlocked just about anything the ghosts were not too difficult to beat it was more of a "showing you all possible paths in a given course". I still have not accomplished 3 stars on all 150 cc mirror events but have completed regular 150cc and the rubber banding can be pretty ridiculous at times, but RNG is RNG. The online play is smooth for me I have not seen much lag or any kind of frustrating mechanics beyond the normal MK8 experience. I'm still waiting to get the 10k coins to unlock the last item. Overall the game is great! Fun with friends or with strangers and even with some of the same annoying mechanics regarding the rubber band feature its definitely not as strict as it's previous Wii release. Expand
  100. Jun 4, 2014
    A great, gorgeous game despite the forgettable battle mode. The visuals are bright, colourful but still bringing some realism to them. Mario kart 8 might have impressive visuals but it is much more than that: the actual racing is great, new items feel fresh and balanced and anti-gravity is great. This one is going to keep me busy for a long time because of all the unlocks. Hoping for newA great, gorgeous game despite the forgettable battle mode. The visuals are bright, colourful but still bringing some realism to them. Mario kart 8 might have impressive visuals but it is much more than that: the actual racing is great, new items feel fresh and balanced and anti-gravity is great. This one is going to keep me busy for a long time because of all the unlocks. Hoping for new Karts and tracks for DLC Expand

1. Sep 18, 2014
    Mario Kart 8 is pretty great in many ways, but undoubtedly moreso with a collection of friends to play with, or when facing off against other players online.
  2. Aug 25, 2014
    No revolution here, but still it’s an absolute must-have for every Wii U owner. [08/2014, p.68]
  3. Jul 31, 2014
    A beautiful and fun racing game, which uses the possibilities offered by its host platform to emphasize and renew the truly universal appeal of the series.