• Publisher: Shin'en
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2012
7.4

1. Dec 3, 2012
    Beautiful game, the developer keeps getting better and better with their games. The controles feel amazing and I love the buy upgrade system. If you have a wii u and you don't have this game, you need to go right to the nintendo store and buy it., it's really cheap! My only complaint is that it's a bit to hard, but that may just be me.
  2. Dec 1, 2012
    Very nice game, lots of action and cool graphics. The control is extremely simple, you just need to use the L/R sticks, what for me is great (I don't like having to memorize 10 buttons control schemes), and the difficulty level is adequate, I'd say 7 in a 0-10 scale. My only complaint is about its length, it could be longer.
  3. Nov 29, 2012
    Great little game with much to recommend it: sharp graphics, engaging gameplay, non-stop action, online leader boards, and perfectly suited sound design. As a twin stick shooter, there are few ways to improve gameplay, but this game does a lot with the standard limitations of the genre. The 3D effects are excellent, providing sharp distinctions and topographical differences, and the perk purchasing allows for different methods of applying tactics to different levels (which are surprisingly diverse). The only drawback is the duration of the game, with only 16 regular levels to complete (along with bonus ones that offer a little variation from simple shooting), but the game is so well put together that replayability is surprisingly high. An excellent addition to any Wii U gamer's collection, moreso at the price point offered. Expand
  4. Aug 18, 2014
    9 out of 10 might seem high for such a short game, but I've put more time into this one than any of the longer games I own -- excellent replayablity and plenty of incentive to keep coming back to improve scores. Beautiful visuals, tight controls and great soundtrack. Great simplicity and super value.

1. Jan 31, 2013
    A decent "twin-stick" shooter for the Wii U that will keep you occupied for a couple of days.
  2. Jan 16, 2013
    Too-generous upgrades grind the difficulty curve into the dust. [Feb 2013, p.89]
  3. Nano Assault isn't awful but flying around the beautiful Nano cosmos is nowhere near as thrilling as it should be. [Jan 2013, p.111]