7.3

1. Aug 16, 2014
    This game is really fun, and there is a lot to do. The graphics are perhaps the most realistic graphics the Wii u has to offer. The new unlocking system for the cars is great, the races are fun, and the cars are all awesome, and they really made this game for me. However, the online is unreliable, A must-buy for anyone who likes racing or cars.
  2. Aug 8, 2014
    This game proves that Nintendo Wii U is graphically one of the best consoles when the developers works on their games, hope EA make more games like this.
  3. May 3, 2014
    Most Wanted U is a great time. I have spent a clocked in time of 40+ hours in this game enjoying what it has to offer. If you like to find ever nook and cranny hidden in the game, race online with friends freely, face challenges unrelated to racing, or having a high speec chase with the most infamous drivers in town, Need for Speed Most Wanted U has it all.
  4. Feb 10, 2014
    This game is insanely gorgeous and incredibly fun. And not to mention also pretty easy to pick up.

The graphics blew me away. This is one of the most graphically impressive games on Wii U -- it clearly shows a gap between the Wii U and last gen.

Controls have been improved through a game update since release. Nonetheless, you must also strategize what cars you'll use to do a race --
    you're just not going to win a mud race with Lamborghini.

Car customization offers enough complexity for hardcore racing fans without being overwhelming to a novice player. Using the gamepad to customize cars, weather, traffic and other things is pretty cool too.
  5. Jan 27, 2014
    I don't understand how this game is receiving such positive reviews. The controls are garbage and THERE'S NOT LOCAL-MULTIPLAYER. IN A RACING GAME. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Combine that with an interminable introduction/training sequence with un-skippable cutscenes and a bored "sexy" narrator reading lines that sound like they were written by a 15 year old and you have the WORST racing game I have every played in my life. Expand
  6. Jan 21, 2014
    Having played Need For Speed Most Wanted on the iPad, I was looking forward to trying the WiiU version. OH MY GOD! WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! The cars are IMPOSSIBLE to steer! You go fast in one direction and struggle to keep the car on the road and then you crash into something. I can't even get around this fundamental design flaw in an attempt to actually enjoy this game because this car simulator DOESN'T BEHAVE LIKE A REAL CAR. AT ALL. It's as close to driving as Wii Golf is to real golf. Expand
  7. Jan 3, 2014
    This game is awesome! The races are fun, but just driving around the city is the best part of the game! There are cool cars on it, and to make it even better, you can customize them! I am not a fan of the online mode, because it isn't organized, and it takes way too long. And there is a voice chat in multiplayer, but it is very bad quality. I still love the singleplayer!
  8. Dec 5, 2013
    The games got solid racing mechanics and gameplay. Unfortunately there is 0 story, repetitive tracks, just one game type in singleplayer, and no split screen which for me is what makes or breaks racing games. Seriously a triple a racing game without split screen is just stupid.
  9. Nov 3, 2013
    Feels like an actual racing game than a Need For Speed game, though this isn't a bad thing, it's rather good. Issues brought up by many include a lack of customization involving the cars you can drive, but that is not that much of a problem. The real problem, well the only problem with Most Wanted U is the fact that there is an extreme lack of quick-racing or place to screw around with cars. There's a career mode and a flawed online, that's all. The Wii U version is the definitive version in relation to graphics, though lack of downloadable content makes it overall inferior comparing to Most Wanted on other systems. Expand
  10. Sep 1, 2013
    I bought this game for my 5 years old son, because it was described as one of the best games for wii U, he doesn't like it at all, he doesn't enjoy it... instead he prefers to play trackmania on old DSi So I tried it myself and was very disappointed, graphics is very nice, but controls are just terrible, you don't feel like driving a sport car, it rather feels as a truck or as a ship. I can not understand how this game could get 9/10 rating. One game my son loves on wii U is Rayman legends, and children are usually true. Expand
  11. Aug 31, 2013
    Despite the game crashes at time, it's a very fun game to play and it lasts a very long time in terms of just driving and causing mayhem. One of the first Wii U games that I got and it's just a very exciting game.
  12. Aug 29, 2013
    This is a great racing game, from the lush visuals on par with the PC to the kickass tunes. All this is topped off with sleek gameplay and great use of the gamepad. This is a master lesson in how to do ports.
  13. May 12, 2013
    I cannot fathom how such an appalling game has gathered so much praise! This is not a racing game; it's a no-control, high speed crash fest that is more frustrating than anything else. The lack of story is not necessarily such a bad thing, but the complete lack of PROGRESS is a deal breaker. From the very start you can drive a Bugatti Veyron how can you top that? And when it comes to police chases, escaping the razz is quite a challenge when the world is littered with cars, walls, objects and other stuff that constantly triggers another crash sequence. Evading them is like swimming in melted butter.

Pros: The graphics are gorgeous and the speed is intense for five seconds and then you crash.
    Cons: The controls are rubbish, the cars feel like boats, there's no real progress, no split screen multiplayer an no soul whatsoever.

Unfortunately, there are no good racers for the Wii U yet. I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer.
  14. May 4, 2013
    Most Wanted is a perfect example of a great port to the Wii U. New content has been added and the DLC has been included. The graphics have been greatly improved with the Wii U gamepad starring with new features. If you haven't played this game before, it's best to get it for Wii U.
  15. Apr 16, 2013
    It's hugely over-rated game that doesn't meet its expectations. Fully detached from its origin, ported to a console where it's better welcomed due to some extra features, but a polished turd is still a turd. Where's the customization? Where is the proper story? Where is a fraction of realism? Criterion has ruined the legendary Most Wanted by making it too "arcadeish" and way too simplified, all that this game has is decent (not outstanding) graphics and a relatively short list of licensed cars. I've had to push this to 2 10. Expand
  16. Apr 12, 2013
    PROS: Great Graphics Weird and sometimes hilarious Race Intros

CONS: Race Intros can be downright ugly Steering is really poor, making it "NFS Happy Crash Land"(Unacceptable!) Going off road turns you into an uncontrollable bullet (Unacceptable!) Soundtrack is awful and you cannot turn any songs off individually You cannot tune the gamepad screen in gamma, and since the game is
    so dark, off tv play is impossible during daylight. Gamepad is very blurry with heavy compression artifacts most apparent on the reds, also seems to render at a different resolution and scale down without any sharpening, probably causing the blur... NO OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER (Unacceptable!) Very annoying Speed Camera Strobe Is this a race game, or is it a bullet hell game (so many obstacles! )

What shocks me the most is that NFS Hot Persuit also made by Criterion was awesome and a throwback to the old NFS days. This just seems like Burnout Paradise in a new jacket. (Which was probably the worst Burnout by far) This game is flawed at its core, very disappointing gameplay makes me resell this game as quickly as possible.
  17. Apr 11, 2013
    Was skeptical about this version, but based on the reviews went ahead and forked over the overpriced $60 for this EA title. The 2 major positives I can give is its a gorgeous game. The art direction and HD graphics are some of the best I've seen on the Wii U. Game pad integration and off tv play is great Wii U added benefit.

On to the negatives as much as the graphics are great, its
    the racing and gameplay that counts and this title misses the mark considerably. Judging it by 'arcade' standards vs. a sim, most of the cars drive like slightly modified bricks. Some are faster, some are looser, some take damage better, while others have better brakes, but all them are borderline uncontrollable or pointless to master. The steering is not progressive at all, you get as much steering at 60 mph not much as you do at 160mph too much that after hours of play, you just end up wanting to use the few vehicles that are the most predictable. Nissan GT-R, Camaro ZL1, and Aston Martin Vantage are the few with predictable at drifting needed to beat most of the most wanted list. The Arial and Caterham are blast to drive, but so weak that small bumps on the wall total the car every time. Forget running from the cops in these, they can't get through roadblocks. This mix of realism along with whack arcade physics is the games #1 downfall. It should be called 'most crashed'

Driving around the streets and traffic is maddening, as its nearly impossible to carve out any racing lines without randomly hitting objects, oncoming traffic, and walls because of the really poor steering control. I don't feel like its a controller problem or could be fixed with a wheel, its just how the cars react to input and don't really feel connected at all. Its about as arcade as you can get, but not in a fun way, as the rubberband AI will never reward you with smooth driving, and during the races with cops, winning or losing its just random. Like missiles that randomly come in all directions and road blocks with no other choice other than to ram at full speed. You can forget any strategy here, it just becomes the slickest Mario Kart ever, without any weapons or recourse against your enemies. Never unlocking anything new or making meaningful progression. The lack of any car personalization or view are sorely missed. The open end world seems huge at first, but quickly gets repetitive with only a few unique objects. The gate and billboard smashing is uninspiring and too easy.

Online play is a lot more fun, as the rubberband AI is gone so heads-up racing is fun, but do to the lack of good control, its really just about avoiding the walls or following the course guide correctly. I would of rather just paid $30-40 for the online version and forget the whole 'most wanted' story line that really is pointless.
  18. Apr 4, 2013
    The best racing game on the U thus far. The cars are realistic and the environment is detailed. The single player is very enjoyable but wait until you've played multiplayer. Playing online with various people from across the world is a blast! I enjoyed playing with others and beating their scores. The use of the gamepad is cool too. You can change the time of day or even your car with just a touch on the touch screen. Need for Speed: Most Wanted U is beautiful, fast-paced game and the ultimate version there is. Awesome job Criterion games. Must buy! Expand
  19. Mar 31, 2013
    Got this on PS3 before, Really this is a WELL done port, it was made by Criterion, and they do a really good work, the game really is the Same on PS3, with some visual improvements and Wii U features, is a super fun game, its one of those games when you get fun by only be driving like a maniac in the gorgeous city of Fairhaven, with all the new features like the curious Co-Driver mode it give to the game more replay value, split screen or local multiplayer is absent on the majority on new games, but it is only available on the Wii U version, the Most Complete Version of Most Wanted is this, with the lack of new games on Wii U you need to get this now. Expand
  20. Mar 27, 2013
    First impression I would put this game at a 6/10. The more I play it, the more I like it. It is a great filler game, but not one I would want to play for hours on end.
    The presentation is excellent, even if it is just mindless racing and running for police. I didn't really like the game until I had it a few days and learned some of the races. It starts out frustrating until you find a car
    you like and are comfortable with. The online is nice and if your friends have it you can see their stats. Expand
  21. Mar 26, 2013
    Very fun open world racing game although I feel like there are some issues with progression. I am continually rising in the ranks and progressing but i'm not sure why. This is a game that gives you very little direction in the open world that it provides you with. This version has some of the DLC from the other versions and has the best graphics out of the bunch. With the gamepad functionality, it is easily the best version of the game both functionally and visually. Expand
  22. Mar 23, 2013
    This is the definitive version of the game. The reason you want this version, the best version, is for the co-op couch play. It is incredibly fun, makes it almost impossible to play it any other way.Having one person on the GamePad, acting as Co-Pilot, and the other on the Pro Controller, driving, and NFSMWU is an excellent experience that really shows the potential of the system. The REALITY of the GAME and the DOWNSIDE: Some will say this game looks better because they are able to use PC textures, and that sounds good in theory, but in practice not so much. Since the game isn't running at 1080p, the PC textures don't really add much to the look of the game. In fact, I have this on PS3 and running the WiiU version side by side on a 60" LED Samsung, the PS3 version is definitely a better looking game. And there is a major problem when trying to use the GamePad to Race, it is horrible, super laggy and unresponsive, like trying trying to drive a 5 ton brick when you're supposed to be driving a race car; the only way to really enjoy this, as the driver, is to use the Pro Controller. Expand
  23. Mar 23, 2013
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted U is truly the definitive and most beautiful looking game on the Wii U. This is not a console port of the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360... instead it's based on the PC version. The developers at Criterion Games have used PC assets and added better shading and lighting textures in the U version (GPGPU and taken full advantage of the revolutionary Game Pad. The asymmetric co-op is simply incredible. While you take the role of controlling the day/night, disrupting cops, changing cars on the fly, etc., while the driver uses either the Wii controller with/out the 'chuks, Wii Classic Controller Pro, or the Wii U Pro Controller. And finally, this is the first time we see a third party publisher releasing a game using Miiverse via Autoplay. Only you have the power to share your victory, car accident, or funniest moment by taking a screenshot and share it with the Miiverse community.

In conclusion, Need for Speed: Most Wanted U is ultimately the best racing title available for the Wii U. At the moment, it's the only racing title this Spring. If you want the best looking graphics, excellent play control including asymmetric gameplay mechanics, replay value and the most fun... look no further but purchase the title from Electronic Arts and the best dev team at Criterion Games. 10/10
  24. Mar 22, 2013
    Ok first things first. Anyone who says you can't use analog controls needs to learn to navigate the options menu. As for the game it is indeed good. Why do I give it an 8? Two things. First the game is really hard to control and the motion controls stink. Second is that nfs just needs to stick to getting money and paying for customization from a menu like carbon, most wanted 1, underground 2 and undercover. Expand
  25. Mar 21, 2013
    Every port or multiplateform current gen/WiiU should be the same!

The game looks amazing, even trough I didnt play much, It's the quality of Criterion's Work that I mostly reward..
  26. Mar 20, 2013
    I thought the lack of analog buttons for gas/brake were going to be a problem but it doesn't take long to adapt at all. Game looks amazing, runs great, and the co-op driver functions are surprisingly more fun than I thought they'd be. Criterion put some effort into this version of the game and it shows.
  27. Mar 20, 2013
    Tudo que falarem mal desta versão e mentira
    o jogo e bem equilibrado as funções exclusivas do game pad dão um banho nos demais consoles

e um jogo bom e vale cada centavo!
  28. Mar 19, 2013
    I had this for PS3 and Vita before I got a Wii U. The game looks noticeably better but the main thing going for this game or any Wii U game for that matter is playing it on the controller. It's on a different level then playing it on the Vita.
  29. Mar 19, 2013
    Game is awesome and a lot of fun. The addition of the hi-resolution textures make this comparable to the PC version graphically, and the gamepad integration couple together to make this the ultimate version.
  30. Mar 20, 2013

1. Apr 22, 2013
    With the new (improved) control system and slight increase in visual quality, it would be safe to say that Wii U owners are getting the best experience out of Most Wanted - even if it is six months behind.
  2. Apr 21, 2013
    This is a "racer" that beyond presenting a great identity, really messes with emotions and truly defines the illegal and fast racing. It is simply an essential game.
  3. Apr 18, 2013
    Easily the best third party title currently available on the Wii U and the best version of the game to grace any console. As a nice bonus you also get the DLC included which was seen on other consoles, entitled Speed Pack. A must buy to show off the Wii U’s graphical capabilities and for anyone who loves racing games. If you want the best Need for Speed experience, play it on the Wii U.