Nintendo Land Wii U

7.9

1. Dec 2, 2012
    Nintendo, in my opinion, has always been good at pack in games. Nintendo Land comes packed in with the deluxe edition of the Wii U, or can be purchased separately for $59.99. Either way I do recommend this game, it's an absolute blast and perfect for families. Nintendo Land does for the Wii U what Wii Sports did for the Wii in that it's a mini-game collection that shows off what the Wii UNintendo, in my opinion, has always been good at pack in games. Nintendo Land comes packed in with the deluxe edition of the Wii U, or can be purchased separately for $59.99. Either way I do recommend this game, it's an absolute blast and perfect for families. Nintendo Land does for the Wii U what Wii Sports did for the Wii in that it's a mini-game collection that shows off what the Wii U can do. Whether your playing solo, cooperatively, or competitive the game is a blast to play. When playing with others one uses the Wii U game pad while everyone else uses the Wii motion controllers so be sure to stock up on those if you want to play with the max number of players (up to 5), and also heads up you also may want the Wii motion plus controllers because certain games require them for multiplayer. Like I said before Nintendo Land is a blast and a fantastic launch title for the Wii U. I highly recommend. Expand
  2. Jan 14, 2016
    I used to love playing this game a lot in my Wii U back when I got it on Christmas 2012. Those were the good old times. If I wanted to play this game again, I would start activating my Wii U just right now.
  3. Jun 21, 2013
    Nintendo Land is a fun 'first game' for the Wii U, that show case its abilities quite well to Wii U owners. However, despite the fun I had with this game, it does not have that immediate 'pull' that Wii Sports had many years ago for the Wii. Hence, many casual fans may dismiss this game. Even Nintendo admitted that this game, fun and polished as it is, is not a a system seller.
  4. Feb 22, 2015
    This game is awesome! The graphics,in game Miiverse,Minigames,etc. are all great for both casual and intense gamers. If you have a Wii U, you should totally get this game. At the price of $29.99 USD, it is worth it. Best game to play with siblings. (bros or sis)
  5. Oct 19, 2013
    All attractions are fun and are unique. This game does a great job showing off what the Wii u can do, while it does get boring after a while it still is addictive.
  6. Jul 28, 2014
    One of the first games I ever got for my Wii u, a great mini-game, sorry, "atraction", compilation, maybe even the best ever. Got it back in September 2013, and me and Ad (my brother) have already had hour upon hour of fun with this game. One of the best Wii u games so far, should definitely pick it up at GAME, if you live in England.
  7. Jan 12, 2015
    Nintendo Land is amazing. This game usually comes with the Wii U and is great for starters. The graphics are great. The attractions are awesome. The attraction tour is very fun. Nintendo Land is a great family game and I honestly don't know anyone with a Wii U that doesn't have it.
  8. Jul 10, 2015
    A solid launch title for the Wii U. I enjoyed the variety of single player and multiplayer games that Nintendo Land had to offer. While some of the minigames weren't really that attractive or fun, more than half of them were either decent or enjoyable. While this is obviously advertised and shown as an enjoyable experience with other people, single player mode isn't exactly too boringA solid launch title for the Wii U. I enjoyed the variety of single player and multiplayer games that Nintendo Land had to offer. While some of the minigames weren't really that attractive or fun, more than half of them were either decent or enjoyable. While this is obviously advertised and shown as an enjoyable experience with other people, single player mode isn't exactly too boring either. They could have tried to make better single player minigames, and a larger variety in maps or modes for some of the good minigames (Luigi's, Mario Chase, Metroid). The remixed music is great and the new music in the game (Nintendo Land night theme in particular) is mostly wonderful. Anyways, get this game if you have friends and family who enjoy playing easy and catchy minigames. Consider it if you're alone and would play this by yourself.

Gameplay: 8.5/10
    Story: N/A/10
    Music: 8.5/10
    Presentation: 7.5/10
    Length: 7/10
    Overall: 8/10
  9. Jan 9, 2014
    A great multi-player experience. Every minigame is fun in it's own right. However, if you play this game single player, it is very boring so i highly suggest playing this game with friends as it is a blast to play with them.
  10. Jul 17, 2013
    Nintendo Land is a compilation of 12 minigames called 'attractions'. Each one is based on a Nintendo franchise, eg zelda. All of the minigames are charming and exciting, each showcasing something sbout the gamepad. For example, in yoshi's fruit cart, you need to draw a line to collect all the fruit. But you can only see the fruits on the tv and the line on the gamepad. This forces you toNintendo Land is a compilation of 12 minigames called 'attractions'. Each one is based on a Nintendo franchise, eg zelda. All of the minigames are charming and exciting, each showcasing something sbout the gamepad. For example, in yoshi's fruit cart, you need to draw a line to collect all the fruit. But you can only see the fruits on the tv and the line on the gamepad. This forces you to coordinate, and is very fun. This is just a single example of a minigame. Completing every minigame is very difficult and takes loads of practice, increasing the lasting appeal of Nintendo Land. There are 6 multiplayer attractions- 3 co-op 3 competitive. Each is blast. The competitive ones especially make creative use of gamepad and wiimotes together. In Luigi's Ghost Mansion, one person, who is the ghost, looks at the gamepad and four people look at the tv. The people with wiimotes are all luigis who must capture the ghost, who is the gamepad player. But the ghost is not visible on the tv. However, the gamepad player looks at the gamepad so that he/she can se him/herself. Whoever you play as, it's one of the most fun experiences I've had all year in games. Sadly, there are no competitive options in the remaining six minigames, but they are great fun anyway. Nintendo Land is the first game you should buy for your wii u. Expand
  11. Nov 29, 2012
    This is about what you would expect from a launch pack in game. It showcases what the wii U can do. It is a collection of mini-games you will hate a few love a few and be lukewarm to the rest. I personally would not pick it up separatly if it hadn't already been packed in because I'm not that into casual games but I like having it because it has lots of games you can play solo or withThis is about what you would expect from a launch pack in game. It showcases what the wii U can do. It is a collection of mini-games you will hate a few love a few and be lukewarm to the rest. I personally would not pick it up separatly if it hadn't already been packed in because I'm not that into casual games but I like having it because it has lots of games you can play solo or with others and it was a nice introduction to the wii. I think if you are buying for kids who don't already have it, it would be a solid pick up. My wife plays if more than I do which I love because it's great to see her getting into games. I will play this game until Christmas until I pick up the Mario for the wii U. Bottom line however you felt about wii sports is most likely how you will feel about this. Expand
  12. Sep 2, 2014
    Overall, this is a must-own for the Wii-U in my eyes. It is one of the very best multiplayer experiences so far (along with Mario Kart 8) and a great way to get everyone involved with most of the games being really quick to pick up. It is also good fun to just dip into on your own, where trying to get to the final stages of each game is a fun and challenging experience. My only issue isOverall, this is a must-own for the Wii-U in my eyes. It is one of the very best multiplayer experiences so far (along with Mario Kart 8) and a great way to get everyone involved with most of the games being really quick to pick up. It is also good fun to just dip into on your own, where trying to get to the final stages of each game is a fun and challenging experience. My only issue is the lack of ability to save your progress in the single-player games which means once you die you have to start all over again with only your high scores to show for how far you've got. Regardless of this, if you own a Wii-U and like incredibly fun multiplayer then you really need to pick this up, particularly as you can quite easily find it for less than £20 at the moment. Probably the best showcasing of what the gamepad can do on the console so far. Expand
  13. Mar 16, 2014
    This game isn't perfect, but for being a bundled in game with the system, its pretty awesome. There is a HUGE nostalgia factor in play that just makes you adore the minigames. They are tons of fun to boot. Not all of them are perfect, but playing this with 4-5 people is an absolute gas. The room will be bursting with laughter, yelling, cheering, jeering, and you'll want to come back forThis game isn't perfect, but for being a bundled in game with the system, its pretty awesome. There is a HUGE nostalgia factor in play that just makes you adore the minigames. They are tons of fun to boot. Not all of them are perfect, but playing this with 4-5 people is an absolute gas. The room will be bursting with laughter, yelling, cheering, jeering, and you'll want to come back for more when its over. I absolutely recommend this game as a party game, but even with 1 person its a fun quality game to kill some time with. A must have for the Wii U. Expand
  14. Feb 24, 2016
    esse jogo é ótimo pra jogar com os amigos. tem vários mini games interessantes, ótima jogabilidade, sem falar que, esse jogo mostra bem o potencial do controle do wii u. porém teve coisas que a Nintendo mandou mal: 1 - não tem mini game do star fox. 2 - não da pra jogar online. 3 - nos mini games de 1 não da pra colocar 5 players e i um de cada vez pra ver quem faz mais pontos.
  15. Mar 9, 2016
    This game is a great option if you want a multiplayer party game. I had a lot of fun playing this in a group. It was also fun alone. I just wish they had online multiplayer. That would make it that much better.
  16. Jun 21, 2013
    Although this game only gets an 8, it's pretty much an essential Wii U purchase. Other than Donkey Kong game, the single player is very very rubbish, however, if you ever have 2 or more friends around then this game is one of the most fun games you can play. Great for partier, great for famalies, however, for 2 or less people it's a bit of a dud.
  17. Dec 5, 2012
    At first, I was a little worried. I was concerned with how Nintendo Land would follow up Wii Sports and Wii Play - two exceptional games which showed us the ropes when it came to the use of the Wii Remote. But that concern melted away once I'd started playing the game for myself. Nintendo Land brings virtual funfairs to life in this exceptionally beautiful and charismatic atmosphere,At first, I was a little worried. I was concerned with how Nintendo Land would follow up Wii Sports and Wii Play - two exceptional games which showed us the ropes when it came to the use of the Wii Remote. But that concern melted away once I'd started playing the game for myself. Nintendo Land brings virtual funfairs to life in this exceptionally beautiful and charismatic atmosphere, packed to the brim with countless hours of fun and hilarity. The mini-games are all beautiful, though the Metroid and Yoshi mini-games are my favourites. The Metroid mini-game really lets you live the role of Samus whether you're in the sky or on land, and the detail is positively mesmerising. The Yoshi mini-game makes you think, like a good puzzle game should. It also helps you to coordinate yourself by getting used to there being two screens to look at. Plus, it's adorable!
    Overall, this game is quite deep - much deeper than Wii Sports and Wii Play (perhaps combined!). There is definitely something for everyone to enjoy in this marvelous game. Nintendo are truly the masters at what they do.
  18. Apr 1, 2016
    The enjoyable multiplayer, characters, and graphics in Nintendo's innovative launch title cannot make up for the hit or miss single player minigames in this bundle.
  19. Aug 5, 2014
    Nintendo Land is not the Wii Sports of Wii U, despite what you may have heard. It's much, much better. Nintendo Land features fleshed out mini games of Nintendo's IPs, but these games are hardly just distractions. The multiplayer and cooperative games are always a blast, and the simple pick up and play nature of them allows anyone to get in on the fun, while still featuring a decent skillNintendo Land is not the Wii Sports of Wii U, despite what you may have heard. It's much, much better. Nintendo Land features fleshed out mini games of Nintendo's IPs, but these games are hardly just distractions. The multiplayer and cooperative games are always a blast, and the simple pick up and play nature of them allows anyone to get in on the fun, while still featuring a decent skill cap that allows more experienced players to experiment with more advanced tactics. The whole game is also laid out with a charming theme of toys and yarn, and in HD it works very well. Overall, Nintendo Land surprised me with its depth and simple, undeniable fun despite its low price tag. Expand
  20. Jul 29, 2013
    A must have game for the wii u (if you got the standard pack). This has all types of mini games from single to multiplayer, bows to lasers chasing to scaring etc. Im just saying, if you have a wii you should play this now.
  21. Dec 27, 2013
    nintendo land really shocked me. for a pack in game for the wii u people are probably gonna compare this game to wii sports but i think that might be a little unfair since unlike sports i'll probably be playing nintendo land with friends for years to come. for a mini game compilation a lot of mini games have quite a bit of content. for example the metroid game has 3 modes and a lot ofnintendo land really shocked me. for a pack in game for the wii u people are probably gonna compare this game to wii sports but i think that might be a little unfair since unlike sports i'll probably be playing nintendo land with friends for years to come. for a mini game compilation a lot of mini games have quite a bit of content. for example the metroid game has 3 modes and a lot of levels to play. some mini games are quick, crappy and forgettable (ex. the f-zero game) but i think the other great mini games make up for it. also some mini games use the game pad in interesting ways and i really like the graphics of the zelda mini game. Expand
  22. Nov 26, 2012
    This game has BLOWN ME AWAY. I had HIGH expectations for this and it has seriously capitalized on those! First of all, the Mulitplayer is rightfully awesome! I could play literally for hours on end. BUT the thing that surprised me is how deep the Singleplayer is!?! I cannot put it down and keep trying to beat my last scores....not to mention that each level, single and multiplayer has SOThis game has BLOWN ME AWAY. I had HIGH expectations for this and it has seriously capitalized on those! First of all, the Mulitplayer is rightfully awesome! I could play literally for hours on end. BUT the thing that surprised me is how deep the Singleplayer is!?! I cannot put it down and keep trying to beat my last scores....not to mention that each level, single and multiplayer has SO MUCH DEPTH. Multiple Levels, unlockables, stamps, "master" status for individual levels. Seriously I got this as a pack in and I would easily recommend it for $60 bucks as well. It is such a great showcase of what the Wii U can do and it has SO MUCH fan service that I cannot stop smiling. Oh, and one last thing, the music is this game is FLAT OUT Amazing! Nintendo has the best themes/orchestration in the biz and it only shines in this collection. Expand
  23. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  24. Nov 21, 2012
    The game I wasn't really looking forward to has surprisingly taken up most of my play time on the Wii U! Once you play this game, it will be incredibly hard to stop. This is by far the best party game I have ever played. It's fun playing 1-player, but multiplayer is where it really shines. You can play up to 5 players, and trust me, the more players the better. You choose between severalThe game I wasn't really looking forward to has surprisingly taken up most of my play time on the Wii U! Once you play this game, it will be incredibly hard to stop. This is by far the best party game I have ever played. It's fun playing 1-player, but multiplayer is where it really shines. You can play up to 5 players, and trust me, the more players the better. You choose between several Nintendo-themed attractions, that all have unique uses of the gamepad. If you are unsure about how the gamepad can change the face of gaming, try out these games; almost every minigame has some outrageously fun new experience that you can't play anywhere else. Highly recommended. Just this game alone makes the Wii U deluxe bundle more worth it. Expand
  25. Jun 5, 2014
    The best party game for the WiiU out there. My friends always have me bring it to parties. It's good for all ages too, me and my friends are 19-20 years old and play these games all night long. Especially Luigi's Ghost Mansion, that could be a whole priced game on it's own by how many hours we've spent on it. The Zelda game was really fun with friends too, and actually really difficultThe best party game for the WiiU out there. My friends always have me bring it to parties. It's good for all ages too, me and my friends are 19-20 years old and play these games all night long. Especially Luigi's Ghost Mansion, that could be a whole priced game on it's own by how many hours we've spent on it. The Zelda game was really fun with friends too, and actually really difficult near the end. Metroid Blast was another game that was incredible with friends. It really utilizes the gamepad in all of the games, and it's fun having 4 against one with some advantage. If you have the Wii U, this game is a must. Expand
  26. Oct 30, 2013
    This is a great "Game that comes with the system" game. it includes multiple minigames from various nintendo games, including: mario, metroid, zelda, etc. it is best played with friends, but there are a few single player minigames. overall, it's a good game for starters, but if you are tired of minigame games, then you might toss this to the side after a couple of hours.

instagram: Game_Row
  27. PMG
    Jan 25, 2014
    If this is the equivalent of Wii sports to the Wii, the this game is the Wii U's Wii sports Resort. With 12 mini games, 6 of witch can be played with more than one player, and 6 others that make great use of the Wii U Game pad, if this is the Tech Demo, then i can't wait for the real deal. And on like Wii Sports, the mini games witch are based of Nintendo franchises, they are so fun, youIf this is the equivalent of Wii sports to the Wii, the this game is the Wii U's Wii sports Resort. With 12 mini games, 6 of witch can be played with more than one player, and 6 others that make great use of the Wii U Game pad, if this is the Tech Demo, then i can't wait for the real deal. And on like Wii Sports, the mini games witch are based of Nintendo franchises, they are so fun, you just can't help but coming back for more. If you get a Wii U, Then This is a must own! Expand
  28. Aug 19, 2013
    Although there are enjoyable mini-games for single players, it is the multi-player in NintendoLand that will keep gamers playing. Casual and hardcore gamers alike will find an enjoyable experience. Most mini-games isolate one player with the gamepad as all others need a strategy and communicate to overcome any advantage the gamepad player has. Comparable high-scores against other MiiAlthough there are enjoyable mini-games for single players, it is the multi-player in NintendoLand that will keep gamers playing. Casual and hardcore gamers alike will find an enjoyable experience. Most mini-games isolate one player with the gamepad as all others need a strategy and communicate to overcome any advantage the gamepad player has. Comparable high-scores against other Mii characters on your console is a nice touch, but missing online leaderboards was a missed opportunity. Expand
  29. Apr 7, 2013
    Seriously a fun game! All the minigames the game has to offer is creative, fun, and eccentric. Playing this game with two or more people is what REALLY makes this game fun! My personal favorite minigame (for the moment) is Luigi's Ghost Mansion! And let me tell you..THAT my friends, is awesome.
  30. May 31, 2015
    nintendo land es mi primer juego de wiiu, nintendo nuevamente demuestra la creatividad de la compañia al desarrollar nuevos juegos, es un juego adictivo y excelente titulo para compartir y disfrutar en compañia, los minijuegos son geniales zelda, metroid, mario, yoshi, f-zero, pikmin, luigi mansion, me hizo en falta mas contenido, por que la duracion se hace muy corta para ser un titulonintendo land es mi primer juego de wiiu, nintendo nuevamente demuestra la creatividad de la compañia al desarrollar nuevos juegos, es un juego adictivo y excelente titulo para compartir y disfrutar en compañia, los minijuegos son geniales zelda, metroid, mario, yoshi, f-zero, pikmin, luigi mansion, me hizo en falta mas contenido, por que la duracion se hace muy corta para ser un titulo de lanzamiento, pero en general es un buen juego.. Expand

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jan 24, 2013
    There are a few dud mini-games, but Nintendo Land does a good job at highlighting the strengths of the new system and the potential of asymmetric multiplayer. [Feb 2013, p.64]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Jan 23, 2013
    An entertaining minigame collection. The games are quite well fleshed out. [Jan 2013]
  3. Jan 13, 2013
    The only way to not having fun is not having company.