7.2

1. Jul 24, 2013
    If you're looking for a physics-based puzzle game, you can trust Puddle to satisfy that incessant hankering. In my books, this game is near-perfect. It's very polished and realises concepts of such vivid imaginations. The physics is well utilised, involving situations you wouldn't normally expect, such as anti-gravity. Puddle is difficult, however. And while you may breeze past the first few stages with relative ease, it's the back-end which will make you squirm just a little bit. It's that feeling of being able to complete the course, despite failing over and over again. This is the sort of characteristic it boasts which gives it a sound level of replay-ability. The inclusion of gold, silver and copper (bronze) times to beat, as well as a leader board, adds even more replay-ability. Overall, this a fun little game to play and, if physics-based puzzle games are something you enjoy, your money will not be wasted on this game they call Puddle. Expand
  2. Feb 17, 2013
    Basically, what I found Puddle to be was a somewhat puzzle/platforming game. The basic structure of the game is basic where you progress through levels that have different obstacles and most times different liquids (anything ranging from water to yellow cake uranium). The game is broken up into 8 different chapters with each chapter focusing on a liquid. When playing a level, you have to keep the amount of liquid you start out with to a specific threshold. So you start out with 100% liquid and if you lose 80%, you lost the level.
    Gameplay wise, Puddle is pretty fun and frustrating. Depending on what your liquid is in the level, you have to avoid its evaporator (waters is hot surfaces while lava is cool surfaces). The entire premise behind the game is to tilt the screen to get your liquid to go the speed you want, keep as much liquid as you can, and finish the level as fast as you can. You do have different control options such as using exclusively the ZL and ZR buttons to tilt, tilting the Gamepad, or using the left stick. I mainly used the ZL/ZR configuration and tilted the Gamepad when I felt that it would be more accurate.
    There isn't too much variation in the sound/music the game plays. It changes based on the chapter you play and I found the music to never be too advanced. It gave the game a lot of ambiance which doesn't take away from your enjoyment. I would have liked something that would play faster and add tension when you are going faster and something mellow when I was taking the level slow.
    The story isn't nothing to really brag about which can be expected. It follows around basically where you start out as cup of spilled coffee and seeing how far it goes from there. At least, thats what I gathered from it.
    The game took me around 5 hours to get to the end. However, I did not rank half of my levels as I was getting frustrated. The game can be punishing if you get too and at points I just wanted to get past the level. You get 4 "Whines" which you can use to skip a level, I just didn't elect to use them. A benefit of going back would be to look at the leaderboards and see how you stack up against people who beat the game also to see if you were quick and also beat all the challenges.
  3. Feb 17, 2013

1. Apr 5, 2013
    Puddle is a mechanically sound game that's good for fans of physics puzzles. The presentation is solid, and even though the controls aren't the most optimal, they get the job done and provide enough options.
  2. Feb 26, 2013
    It really seems like it would have worked better as a middleware physics engine, because it certainly doesn’t work as a game.
  3. Feb 22, 2013
    In the burgeoning sub-genre of physics-based, liquid platformers, Puddle is a game that only hits a little more than it misses.