8.7

1. Feb 8, 2014
    This is a good game, but every single thing leading up to it was utter **** Remember when this was going to be a Wii U launch title? didn't happen. Remember when this was going to be a Wii U exclusive? Didn't happen. Remember when this was going to have optional (skylanders-esk) toys you could put on the gamepad to get a power up? DIDN'T HAPPEN!
  2. Oct 11, 2013
    The game is beautiful, and the controls are near perfect. However, for my taste there are a number of issues. Most are rooted in that it is sickeningly easy. I understand the excessive check points for beginners, but there needs to be a difficulty setting that at least reduces these. It's so bad that there are check points in Boss battles. For example, most bosses are a standard 3 hit bossThe game is beautiful, and the controls are near perfect. However, for my taste there are a number of issues. Most are rooted in that it is sickeningly easy. I understand the excessive check points for beginners, but there needs to be a difficulty setting that at least reduces these. It's so bad that there are check points in Boss battles. For example, most bosses are a standard 3 hit boss that you just have to wait for the opportunity to hit the boss. Between each hit there is a check point if you die in the battle. That's excessive for players who've been playing platforms since the 80's. This is what Easy, Normal, and Hard are for. The Invasion levels kindof mitigate this my making you do a short timed race, but their difficulty is unrefined. Normally the timer was far too long and allowed me get to the end and get a gold easily, and for a couple it was set so that I needed near perfection to get a gold. Again, this is what difficulty settings are for. Easy mode is for giving the player plenty of room to make mistakes, and hard is for near perfection to complete. Attempting to have it both ways ruins the experience by introducing inconstancy. I can't have Mr. Rogers hand holding in one part, and Cruella DeVille only a couple of time come out. One, or the other, and I prefer having the option to choose.

If you happen to have a small 4 year old running around then this game is perfect. You let them play a little Fly Frog thing called Murphy on the touch pad, and you play though a normal level. You wouldn't want to have them play the normal Murphy levels unless you want to talk them though what they need to do, but on levels that you can solo as Rayman it gives them something they can do to boost the overall score, and help you in a small way.

The online Challenge mode is also a redeeming quality. The direct competition with all the Rayman players gives it some of the difficulty that the main game is just lacking in. Having new challenges each week to race to the top to is very satisfying.

If it wasn't for the Challenge Mode, and for being a game my niece can enjoy this would have gotten a much lower score.
  3. Oct 21, 2013
    Rayman legends is a great platformer Being a sequel to Rayman origins Legends improves on almost everything that origins was If you have a WiiU or a ps3 or PC pic this game up
  4. Nov 20, 2014
    Odd to see how alone I'm with my opinions and how much overrated this neat platformer is. Yes, controlls are perfect, graphics are gorgeous and basic levels are mostly awesome to play. And I like Murphy's levels because they're something really different BUT...

The time limit levels, oh boy, the good old memorization and frustration from the original Rayman is back. Developers really saw that playing those f#king intense and unforgiving stages takes as long as regular levels so they made them 40! It's 30 % of the game. Okay, Rayman Origins has those skull-levels when you have to catch an treasure chest and the rules are the same but in Origins there's only 10 levels of that stuff! Daamn.

And why there's exist "remastered" Origins-levels anyway? Makes feel that I paid twice of those. And everybody thinks "hey, that's way to go". Even though they're great yeah but it indicates lack of originality. So totally, 30 % of the game is directly from its predecessor and 30 % too intense one hit-run shows. The rest is really original own good stuff and its way too little.

Finally, the old atmosphere from the older games is gone. Now we are just running and smashing everything. Origins has more that good old style of more relaxing and exploring. Nowadays Rayman is like a mx between Sonic and Mega Man with Crash Bandicoot's madness. I really miss that old exploring and not-so-hardcore gameplay.

Overall, Rayman Legends is a good game but really not so good that almost everyone says.

1. Jan 1, 2014
    For the sake of the freedom of these 700 teensies; for all the content; for the sheer amount of joy and enthusiasm and butt poking; for the sea and sky and swamps and castles; for how well these worlds and their levels are imagined, adorned, and realized, this may very well be the last platformer you ever need.
    It seems that the Wii U version it’s the best in cooperative play and the gamepad provides an additional level of interaction not possible on other consoles.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 5, 2013
    Rayman Legends might just be the best 2D platformer of the current generation, and pure fun with your friends or your kids. [Sept 2013]