5.9

1. Nov 18, 2013
    I bought this and a new Wii U at the PS4 launch, and I must say, this game is absolutely amazing! The story had be gripping my controller as I watched my characters grow, discovering their purpose in life. I had myself playing for hours on end, missing out on family events, my friends weddings, work, and uni study. This game is revolutionary! 10/10
  2. Nov 21, 2013
    This game was disappointing. I got excited by the swappable figures and the new look of the game I wonder how they went so wrong. This game was hindered by the usual skylanders marketing tactic. For those who are unaware, Activision don't release every figure out at once, instead they split them into waves to keep their consumers coming back. It worked with the other 2 because you could get what you needed day one, so then you missed no in game collectable/area. Why it doesn't work here is that each of the swappable skylanders have a certain bottom ability that lets them access mini games. At the end your rewarded with a collectable for that level. They only released five or six at release date and even now we still are missing one being stealth from stink bomb and trap shadow. This may seem like a nit pic but it's drives me insane when I pass by those mini games and know that I can't get everything in the level. Plus this is the first skylander game to have me stop playing before finishing it. The story is average, controls work okay. I think that is what kills this game for me. Everything is okay with a terrible irritating thing that will probably go away soon. They may have gotten the ability to jump and swap but it costs them to make them important to get everything. Collapse
  3. Dec 27, 2013
    A really fun and entertaining game. It has great graphics and really, really fun characters. But it is a little to much for kids at times and it takes forever to beat. It is still a fun game thou.
  4. Nov 17, 2013
    Skylaners is a good game if u want to burn money through your pocket because this game gives u 3 people to play with and u just want to get more to play with bit that's a bad thing for us but a great thing for the creators because u just want more and the story line isn't that bad but it could be improved because fighting kaos at the end isn't the best way to end all the games I think they need more bosses and yes there is kaoses mom but thats kind of like kaos this game is a huge money grabber from the game itself to the 100+ characters that u just need to have so u can do those little things like the secret entrances that required ceirtan typs of elements or taking down that tower thing the range for this game is 5-11. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2013
    This is a fantastic continuation of the franchise.
    The graphics and game play have been significantly improved.
    The new swap abilities are great, as is the ability to now JUMP!
    If you've played the previous Skylanders games, you'll love this one.
    If you haven't, then Swap Force is a great way to start.
  6. Dec 22, 2013
    Awesome Game. Everything about it is great. The only downfall is that the game takes TOO long for you to find a point where you can save and a checkpoint.
  7. Aug 16, 2014
    I was very disappointed with this new version of Skylanders. I enjoyed Skylanders Giants, but in this version, I was very confused and disappointed. The story is the same as Giants, but they changed Giants to swap-force and called it a new adventure. The new figures are boring and they were released in waves, so you had to wait for the ones you liked. Skip it, unless you are under 8.
  8. Nov 21, 2013

1. Just prepare for a sense of incompletion unless you spend around 70 pounds more than the base price. [Jan 2014, p.74]
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    Skylanders will be an influential series in years to come and successfully combines real world collectables with a fantastic platformer to deliver a rich and engaging experience.
  3. Oct 25, 2013
    Skylanders SWAP Force may seem like a cash grab in some ways, but the game their figures belong to is just so charming and, well, fun, that this doesn’t really seem like an issue. The gameplay’s addictive, the figures are well-built– screw the haters. I’m a Skylanders fan.