• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 29, 2013
  • Also On: 3DS
7.3

1. Oct 31, 2013
    Para aqueles que tem dúvida se compram ou não, o jogo vale a pena. um hibrido entre mario galaxy e o sonic the hedahog. Existe a velocidade e os inimigos clássicos de sonic, com o lvl desing das fases do mario, e alguns colecionáveis para procurar.
    O jogo tem a dificuldade um pouco acima da média dos demais sonic, e os controles responde de forma satisfatória. Em alguns poucos momentos senti frustração em decorrência da resposta de meus comandos. Mas isso se deve mais ao fato de se acostumar com a nova mecânica que um defeito do jogo.
    Em termos de gráfico e som, o jogo esta excelente, cumprindo bem seu papel.
    Os chefes por sua vez, apresentam uma dificuldade baixa, mas ainda sim divertida.
    Em minha humilde opinião, este um jogo obrigatório para os fãs do ouriço azul, e para aqueles que não o conhecem. Enfim, obrigatório a todos os donos do wii u
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    This is a great game! I have been playing for a week now and it is amazing.Of course it's not perfect but besides the boss fights this is a game that is worth your time and money if you are a sonic or platformer fan
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    Sonic Lost World's been criticized for being slow. Really guy? There's a run button you know. Granted this isn't entirely bad as SEGA wanted to try something different. The controls are super fluid as you'll get used to them in a matter of seconds like I did. The Music's great like all the other Sonic games, Visuals are outstanding for a Wii U title (There's a lot of exploration in levelsSonic Lost World's been criticized for being slow. Really guy? There's a run button you know. Granted this isn't entirely bad as SEGA wanted to try something different. The controls are super fluid as you'll get used to them in a matter of seconds like I did. The Music's great like all the other Sonic games, Visuals are outstanding for a Wii U title (There's a lot of exploration in levels by the way.) and the story is pretty funny. Just watch some YouTube videos of the cut-scenes and you'll get a good laugh. Sonic Lost World may not be as good as Colors, the Genesis games or Generations but it's still really solid and hell it's better than the 3DS version and Sonic 06 by a long one. Expand
  4. Nov 18, 2013
    Since Sonic Lost World was announced as a Wii U exclusive, I've had three main surprises with it. The first was the launch trailer, which looked like a much better experience than I expected a new Sonic game to be. The second came with the lukewarm reviews it got, a real letdown after all the hype. The third was finding out that, despite that, it is in fact a (gasp) pretty good platformer.Since Sonic Lost World was announced as a Wii U exclusive, I've had three main surprises with it. The first was the launch trailer, which looked like a much better experience than I expected a new Sonic game to be. The second came with the lukewarm reviews it got, a real letdown after all the hype. The third was finding out that, despite that, it is in fact a (gasp) pretty good platformer.

Even before the actual gameplay, I was impressed by the game's presentation. The graphics are sharp, vibrant, and brightly colored. The music and sound effects hit all the right notes, and a lot of the tracks are as memorable as the amazing tunes of the series's 2D beginnings. Sure, the storyline won't win any awards, but it should be serviceable as a well-made Saturday-morning cartoon, especially for younger gamers.

Playing the game is, for the most part, a joy. Sonic isn't always running like mad, which makes the platforming aspect a lot deeper. Controls are responsive and mostly intuitive; after the game's initial batch of gamepad-activated tips, it's very easy to get the hang of everything in a mostly seamless process. Some of Sonic's parkour moves aren't exactly easy to execute, but mastering them feels like a worthwhile process rather than a drag. Sadly, the same can't be said about the wisps, color-based powers than transform Sonic into special forms like asteroid, eagle, and bomb. In trying to use the gamepad touchscreen in innovative ways, wisp controls are inaccurate at best and grating at worst. Thankfully, they're not a fundamental part of the gameplay for the most part, serving mostly as a simple diversion.

The level design, especially when it comes to diversity, is the best thing Sonic Lost World has going for it. The game mixes 3D platforming with old-school 2D stages, sometimes resorting to endless runner levels and more offbeat designs. This ensures the gameplay never gets stale, and the way stages are expertly crafted goes a long way towards making you keep playing.

Nothing in Sonic Lost World is breathtakingly innovative, with the Super Mario Galaxy influence being pretty obvious, but it's still a great piece of software that will get platforming fans invested. Add extras like collectibles, time trials with online leaderboards, co-op play and item-sharing Miiverse integration, and you've got a tight package that is much better than the average review will let on. If you like what you see on the game's many trailers, rest assured you'll have a lot of fun when you play it.
  5. Dec 24, 2013
    Sonic Lost World has been bombarded with a significant amount of negative, low scaling reviews.

I for one do not understand it. Sonic Lost World is a much needed upgrade to the franchise. The level design is the best aspect of game. Each zone offers some unique and different. This game is far from perfect but it appears that all the negative reviews are pushing players away. If

I for one do not understand it.

This game is far from perfect but it appears that all the negative reviews are pushing players away. If you find this game on sale you need to still add it to the library. It still one of the top 5 games on the WII U to play.

I suppose the negative aspects is what is really holding the game back.

---
    Cons Game play. This is a big one. It need's a bit of polishing. You often fine yourself bumping back and forth into walls. It lacks an overall smooth flow to the game. Some areas, secrets just seems a bit of a hassle to discover instead of an accomplishment.

Flow Landing attacks on enemies is easy, but your character loses all it speeds and reset it's running speed. It's quite odd that developers felt like this was the correct way of programming.

---

Pro Level concept. The game still offers great concepts, and beautiful art style. The part that hold it's pack is the actual design which hinders the flow.

A more accurate grading would be high 7.8 to a low 8.0
  6. Jan 1, 2014
    lost world is a sonic game that challenges gamers more than any sonic game since the genesis. By doing this it makes some missteps but when it does things right it is an exhilirating game to play. their are chase levels, their are levels were you precisely move from falling platform to falling platform. the tougher levels require speed and you will even have to rotate sonic around thelost world is a sonic game that challenges gamers more than any sonic game since the genesis. By doing this it makes some missteps but when it does things right it is an exhilirating game to play. their are chase levels, their are levels were you precisely move from falling platform to falling platform. the tougher levels require speed and you will even have to rotate sonic around the world to dodge gisnt snowballs and enemies occasionally. this shows that the galaxy formula actually gives sonic greater freedom to roam and its neat when its used. the problem is their should be mandatory movie sequences or something to show that it can be done early on in the game. onto whats irritating, the red rings are inconsistently difficult. one red ring has icicles surrounded it which you have to dodge but then rewards you with rings for attempting it while the next red ring requires careful wall jumping skills which give no room for error. their are also segments which although interesting and creative. jumping on clouds. running toward blender gears so you can be carried by the fruit juices. these segments are fun but their different trom the visceral experience in a typical sonic game. this game is an extremely fun difficult game which reminds me of the original crash bandicoot. I think once fans get a hang of the difficulty theyll love how much precision and speed is behind their actions. Expand
  7. Apr 26, 2014
    che cosa solo un voto nella media a questa sonic che devasta letteralmente gli altri prequel in 3d che era tra l'anonimi ( sonic adventure dx , sonic unleashed) oppure giochi buoni ( sonic heroes , sonic colors) questo titolo stramerita i vostri soldi
  8. Jan 19, 2015
    This game is an awesome sonic game and worth every cent!

Pros
    -Outstanding Graphics
    -Amazing story
    -Fun gameplay/bosses
    -Very funny
    -Outstanding music

CONS
    -A little glitchy
    -too hard at times
  9. Feb 12, 2015
    Game is actually quite good, sometimes a bit hard but a very good Sonic game. Arguably the best one in the last 10-15 years. Classic Sonic turned into a 3D style title.

Some consider this a "Mario Galaxy" game, but it isn't really the case. The gameplay feels like if old Sonic went into the new modern Sonic games but focused more on accuracy and mixed speeds. Heard alot consider it

Heard alot consider it better then Colors, but it depends on whether you played it.
  10. Nov 8, 2013
    I agree with the 80 and above because the fact that after wacthing gameplay its so realistic, but it goes with bad reviews. I don't get it why some games are so good but then you know what happens.
  11. Nov 17, 2013
    First, for those saying it ripped off Mario Galaxy, actually, Sonic Adventure did the whole flying from area to area place first (Windy Valley for example)!

Great game. One of the best Sonic games. I really enjoyed all of it, the 2D and 3D levels and found the new gamepad color controls innovative and wonderful. I loved the way one could run onto another side in the 3D worlds for different play and paths. And most of the levels were just beautiful!
  12. Nov 21, 2013
    Here's how I determined this was a good game and worthy of being purchased. I downloaded the demo, which is just the first stage (Windy Hill Zone 1). I played it, then I played it again. Then again, and again after that. Next thing I knew, three hours had gone by and all I'd been doing is playing one stage over and over again. The last things I did before turning in for the night wereHere's how I determined this was a good game and worthy of being purchased. I downloaded the demo, which is just the first stage (Windy Hill Zone 1). I played it, then I played it again. Then again, and again after that. Next thing I knew, three hours had gone by and all I'd been doing is playing one stage over and over again. The last things I did before turning in for the night were buying the game in the Wii U shop and starting the download.

There's a bit of a learning curve as far as the controls are concerned, but after awhile, I find them to be far more responsive and precise than Hedgehog Engine games. My only real complaint about the controls is the unnecessary addition of color powers, which appear to have been added simply because they felt they had to put something in the game that utilized the gamepad touchscreen. I don't like the very idea of the gamepad touchscreen in just about every Wii U game I've played. Having to shift and refocus your eyes back and forth is awkward and uncomfortable. In a game like Sonic, it really breaks the flow, although Sonic Team was smart enough to make the game pause after using a color power to give you a chance to reacclimate yourself with the TV screen.

As far as the people saying it's copying too much off of Mario Galaxy, so what? That's what Sonic has always done. Sonic games take the elements from Mario games and speed them up. Sonic 1,2, and 3 copied Super Mario Bros. Sonic Adventure copied Mario 64. Sonic Lost World copies Mario Galaxy. It doesn't matter as long as the games are good, and this one is good.
  13. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is truly amazing in every way Its so fun to play and so many different ways to play through each level it never gets boring. I love how the story is on this game and it has superb graphics and music in this game. I'm going to admit it the last sonic game I enjoyed was sonic adventure on the dreamcast but this one is my new favourite with adventure a very close 2nd. I recommendThis game is truly amazing in every way Its so fun to play and so many different ways to play through each level it never gets boring. I love how the story is on this game and it has superb graphics and music in this game. I'm going to admit it the last sonic game I enjoyed was sonic adventure on the dreamcast but this one is my new favourite with adventure a very close 2nd. I recommend this game to everyone and yeah as you get through the game it can get hard and frustrating at times I've lost count how many continues I have used but I get there in the end. Sonic lost world really should of had better reviews overall and this is a fantastic wii u exclusive game to own. if you haven't got this game yet then you are missing out big time! Expand
  14. Nov 24, 2013
    Sonic Lost World is a very Different take on the Sonic games. I've 100% completed the game and I say its a great Sonic Game. Single-Player and Multiplayer are both a blast to play (with the exception of the RC Vehicles). Multiplayer was surprisingly fun to play, the two screen feature works perfect for the Multiplayer. However, this game is not perfect. In the last world, there is a hugeSonic Lost World is a very Different take on the Sonic games. I've 100% completed the game and I say its a great Sonic Game. Single-Player and Multiplayer are both a blast to play (with the exception of the RC Vehicles). Multiplayer was surprisingly fun to play, the two screen feature works perfect for the Multiplayer. However, this game is not perfect. In the last world, there is a huge difficulty spike and can really get annoying and frustrating. The Boss Battles are Jokes, with the new Homing Action it is pretty easy to defeat the bosses. The Pre-order bonus is alright, but could have been better. Gyroscope controls and the Wisp are poorly implemented into the game. Gyroscope controls are twitchy and are from the console instead of the senor bar and can be frustrating to control. Wisp are not even mentioned or put into in the game's story which is a complete let down to me. Other than those small problems, the game is great. Very underrated in my opinion. One of my Favorite Sonic Games. Expand
  15. Dec 12, 2013
    I honestly don't understand why this game would get poor reviews. Sure, the controls take time to get used too, especially if you're used to the Unleashed/Colors/Generations controls, but that doesn't make it a bad game, does it? I personally think Sonic Lost world is a worthy successor to Sonic Colors. It isn't perfect though, the Whisps in this game are useless, and i would of liked someI honestly don't understand why this game would get poor reviews. Sure, the controls take time to get used too, especially if you're used to the Unleashed/Colors/Generations controls, but that doesn't make it a bad game, does it? I personally think Sonic Lost world is a worthy successor to Sonic Colors. It isn't perfect though, the Whisps in this game are useless, and i would of liked some online multi-player like on the 3DS Version, but aside from that, this game is worth buying! Expand
  16. Dec 16, 2013
    Sonic Lost World is so far, and by far, my favorite platforming and Sonic game.

The controls are tight, but take some time getting used to, as the controls ARE explained fine, but no one usually ever feels like touching the tutorial button as it pauses the game and I don't feel like stopping. Also I feel like critics like IGN or gamespot tried a little bit too hard to make the game
    Sonic Lost World is so far, and by far, my favorite platforming and Sonic game.

Also I feel like critics like IGN or gamespot tried a little bit too hard to make the game look bad, and the only reason this annoys me is because they give some players who want the game the wrong idea, because the game in my opinion, is just aced perfectly. The parkour (which may seem like a "overly hyped idea to some) is possibly my favorite part about the game because of the satisfaction from running up a wall away from what could possibly be a cheap death and again, the parkour takes a little bit of time getting used to, making the game start a little slow, but it only gets better and better the more you get used to the game.

Honestly, there were two flaws in the game that occurred to me, and those were the way the controls were to be explained and surprisingly, the wisps. The wisps didn't really need to be in the game in most parts and only added a small gimmick to do in the game.

Now, to all the people that say that this game "shamelessly rips off super mario galaxy", SONIC LOST WORLD IS NOTHING AT ALL LIKE SUPER MARIO GALAXY. The level design is to the game, but sonic actually started the planetoids and gravity trick idea, especially from a canceled sonic game for SEGA Saturn named Sonic X-treme which looks VERY similar to Sonic Lost World, and a Sonic Adventure 2 stage called "Mad Space". In nutshell, sonic lost world plays nothing at all like mario galaxy, such as some, actually most critics, just slam the game saying that it rips off another game.

As the for the graphics, "non-offensive visuals" (seriously?) doesn't quite describe it's graphics. It's more like "downright sexy" because sonic lost world has 1080p resolution with silky smooth 60 FPS without a single frame drop. Sonic lost world has to be the most beautiful looking games for the Wii U as of now.

The gameplay, as described and hyped about during the making of this game, SONIC IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE FASTEST IN THIS GAME PEOPLE. You can make sonic go fast using the infinite spin dash (which admittedly, is pretty freaking sweet and the best spin dash of all time in a sonic game) to make sonic go very fast and if you've figured out the controls, you can just blaze through the level. The plat forming for me was at its best in sonic lost world as sonic can actually climb up platforms along with the help of the parkour system and the double-jump returning from sonic colors. Yes the game is challenging, all sonic plat forming based games are, and for some reason that's randomly a problem now which really confuses. You will die a lot, but it never came to a point where I found it ridiculous and made me want to stop playing, it actually made me want to keep trying and trying and even if you die too much, you are given a capsule that will transport you to the next checkpoint. But after I got the hang of the game and completed it, I loved this game even more and did not encounter infuriating deaths afterwards.

Sonic Lost World is a really great plat forming game with some minor flaws (to me at least). The parkour was a great and life saving addition to the game that added tons of satisfaction and once you get the hang of the controls and the levels and how sonic works, Sonic lost world has become an addiction.
  17. Mar 6, 2014
    Sonic Lost World to me is good game and my Second favorite sonic game.
    The story is ok not dark or nothing it's ok the humor is really funny and for the deadly six.......ehhhhhh I don't no they ok but not mind blowing or anything. The gameplay is different from previous sonic games you can choose to make sonic run really fast or make sonic walk
    Alot of people say it's like Mario galaxy
    Sonic Lost World to me is good game and my Second favorite sonic game.
    Alot of people say it's like Mario galaxy and I actually see it now.
    The game is not bad like glitches everywhere and stuff it's a playable game. Give it a try and see if u like it or not.
  18. Mar 22, 2014
    I wonder why people hate this game. I mean it's not perfect but it's not bad but I do happen to know who this game is for: If you like the classic sonic games where you earn your speed (like remembering the level design like how the genesis games worked), you want a little difficulty in your sonic game (this game is harder than most but now that a patch has released you should be showeredI wonder why people hate this game. I mean it's not perfect but it's not bad but I do happen to know who this game is for: If you like the classic sonic games where you earn your speed (like remembering the level design like how the genesis games worked), you want a little difficulty in your sonic game (this game is harder than most but now that a patch has released you should be showered with lives), If you have the patience to read the instruction manual (this game has a slight learning curve when it comes to getting used to the controls but trust me when you get used to them the controls are really good), and the final and most important thing you've got to remember this game is nothing like generations but more like the genesis games. Also you got to give it a chance if it frustrates you try again later because there is a lot of good in this game but you have got to understand some of these things. Expand
  19. Mar 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sonic Lost World is all about one thing: variety. Whether or not you like the game, you cannot deny that there is a multitude of different activities in each world. In the first world alone, you're in a Mario Galaxy-esque stage, to be followed by a classic 2D Sonic the Hedgehog. Following this, you're in a circular mind-shaft - and then there's a boss - and that's just World 1! There is a lot you can do in this game, but this also means that there's a huge variety in scores offered.
    I liked everything the levels offered, and was willing to play them again just so I could get the red rings. However, I know many that weren't keen on some of the different level designs and this put them off the game. For them it was almost bipolar - one minute they were playing their new favorite level, only to be followed by their worst.

In short, if you want an original Sonic experience - where you get to do a lot of different stuff- then this is the game for you. If you want a classic Sonic experience - running around at the speed of sound in 2D or 3D environments then you should avoid the game.

Personally, I loved the game but I feel that there could have been more, and I'm still confused at why, after spending so much time perfecting the 3D stages in Sonic Generations (and the critical acclaim the Daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed obtained), they would completely revamp the 3D sections of the game to something completely different. This didn't change my opinion on the game, as I still loved it - but I can understand why people wouldn't.
  20. May 31, 2014
    When i look at the other reiews, I feel like people are underating this game. But it's actually a pretty good game. yeah i know it has weird controlls but i got used to it. and it has a weird 3-D crap. but it has a good storyline, new characters, and some pretty neat stuff such as some awesome kick-ass moves and colors. but i can't beileve the score on this game i feel like it's soWhen i look at the other reiews, I feel like people are underating this game. But it's actually a pretty good game. yeah i know it has weird controlls but i got used to it. and it has a weird 3-D crap. but it has a good storyline, new characters, and some pretty neat stuff such as some awesome kick-ass moves and colors. but i can't beileve the score on this game i feel like it's so underated. but it's still a pretty good game which takes advantage of the Wii U Expand
  21. Jun 4, 2014
    I'm very surprised to find that this game scored so low. In my opinion it is one of the best sonic games of all time. The controls are tight and visually it is great. The coop could be better though, but as far as playing through single player it is great, the switching between 3d and 2d modes is cool(kind of like Sonic Generations but better) If you own a Wii U and love that sonic speed,I'm very surprised to find that this game scored so low. In my opinion it is one of the best sonic games of all time. The controls are tight and visually it is great. The coop could be better though, but as far as playing through single player it is great, the switching between 3d and 2d modes is cool(kind of like Sonic Generations but better) If you own a Wii U and love that sonic speed, give this one a try, it's very good. On a side note get the Yoshi DLC, it's short but looks amazing. Expand
  22. Dec 12, 2014
    you have stolen the words by my mouth, so:
    you have stolen the words by my mouth, so:
    As a lifetime fan of Sonic, I've seen him at his best and worst. Sonic Lost World is definitely one of Sonic's better 3-D offerings. The plot and storytelling are enjoyable. The game is stupendous from a visual and audio standpoint. The soundtrack is wholly fantastic, ranging from super rad to breathtakingly beautiful. The gameplay in SLW feels more faithful to Sonic's Genesis classics, both in concept and execution, than any 3-D Sonic offering to date. Rather than being the ridiculously fast "boost to win" Sonic of recent years, Lost World focuses on acceleration and maintaining momentum through skillful platforming, just like the old days. The level design compliments the control mechanics really well, with a subtle brilliance even. The game isn't perfect. The Wii-U exclusive features like wisps feel totally shoehorned in an unnecessary. As Sonic Team is often wont to do, the focus on creativity over refinement can really be frustrating at times. Difficulty spikes toward the end are infuriating. Some ideas just don't work and can take away the grin the good 80% of the game gives you. Boss battles are terrible in this game. Overall though, I think Sonic Lost World deserves a much better reception than what it has received from the press. It's easily as good as Sonic Colors and should not be missed if you're a Sonic fan.
  23. Dec 24, 2014
    Well Sonic Lost World the second best game that sega make every thing is good storyline is interesting new spindash new homing attack new attack homing kick,skydriving level's,graphic,gameplay,wisp are changed and upgraded and amazing game soundtrack,super sonic gameplay,dlc level hell dude everything! But the bosses is too easy so this made that game too easy so because of boss battle'sWell Sonic Lost World the second best game that sega make every thing is good storyline is interesting new spindash new homing attack new attack homing kick,skydriving level's,graphic,gameplay,wisp are changed and upgraded and amazing game soundtrack,super sonic gameplay,dlc level hell dude everything! But the bosses is too easy so this made that game too easy so because of boss battle's and final boss i can only give 9/10 but still looking for good sonic game were you can play with frends here ya go but still sonic colours is better. Expand
  24. Jan 22, 2015
    Sonic Lost World, in many ways, feels like the first truly 3D classic Sonic game to me. It has so much inspiration and creativity that I'm just bursting with happiness as I blaze through the colorful and adventurous worlds of the Lost Hex.
  25. Nov 3, 2013
    Honestly, I don't see the hate. The controls are extremely tight and the game is just hard enough to be a good platformer, graphics are good, the music is downright amazing, only thing I really have to complain is the color power controls. Otherwise, it's a great game.
  26. Nov 4, 2013
    Sonic Lost World is the greatest Sonic game I have ever played. The Controls are really great, the graphics are really beautiful, and level design is good. The bosses may be a disappointment but its still the greatest Sonic I've ever played. If reviewers are hating this they just don't know how they play it cause they're ignorant. this the Best Sonic game I've ever played, and one of theSonic Lost World is the greatest Sonic game I have ever played. The Controls are really great, the graphics are really beautiful, and level design is good. The bosses may be a disappointment but its still the greatest Sonic I've ever played. If reviewers are hating this they just don't know how they play it cause they're ignorant. this the Best Sonic game I've ever played, and one of the best Wii U Games I've Played so far. 10/10 Expand
  27. Nov 10, 2013
    This is a return to classic Sonic the Hedgehog. This is the 3.D. experience that is required in order for Sonic to feel as he did back in the days of Genesis/Mega Drive. Brilliant soundtrack and voice acting make Sonic Lost World feel how Sonic should be. Remember the attitude and cheesiness that Sonic used to have? It's back, and it has been done very well.
  28. May 20, 2014
    First of all, nice gameplay! You did a great Job innovating this idea of gameplay into the gaming world. The whole point and basic Idea was good, and the storyline was just as good! It was a great game with some innovative gameplay and great music and character description! I'll give a 10/10 for the innovation and gameplay as well as music and scenery! But there was one problem however,First of all, nice gameplay! You did a great Job innovating this idea of gameplay into the gaming world. The whole point and basic Idea was good, and the storyline was just as good! It was a great game with some innovative gameplay and great music and character description! I'll give a 10/10 for the innovation and gameplay as well as music and scenery! But there was one problem however, this was not a game for such a poor system as the Wii U! It would make more sense on next-gen consoles and PC than such a mess of a system! SEGA seems to be saving the WII U somewhat by giving it a chance to perform mediocre gameplay. The game, was amazing and well deserved a 10/10. The console the game was exclusive to, a mess. Good job on making a decent game on a crap system SEGA. I never thought anyone could pull that one off! I'll be relieved when Sonic moves over to the PS4 and XB1 as well as PC! That, will make him successful once more. Expand
  29. Nov 8, 2013
    I think this is a game that shows that SEGA is always going forward with Sonic series, the new mechanics are very good and i really want to see the next step. Very fun and interesting. Graphics are great, sound is awesome as always in Sonic games and Super Sonic is a good reason to replay the game. Totally recommended!
  30. Nov 1, 2013
    Sonic the Hedgehog has been quite the icon as of recent years. Hanging around for 22 years, the blue blur has drifted from Genesis Killer-App to Pop-Culture Icon. In 2013 comes Sonic's latest foray, Sonic: Lost World, a game that seeks to transform the character even further to help balance adrenaline and curiosity. Can Sonic go 3 for 3 on the Next-Gen Wii U, or will the blue streak breakSonic the Hedgehog has been quite the icon as of recent years. Hanging around for 22 years, the blue blur has drifted from Genesis Killer-App to Pop-Culture Icon. In 2013 comes Sonic's latest foray, Sonic: Lost World, a game that seeks to transform the character even further to help balance adrenaline and curiosity. Can Sonic go 3 for 3 on the Next-Gen Wii U, or will the blue streak break his streak?

Most people realize that the hedgehog's written plots aren't exactly works of Shakespeare, but this time they decided to have a little fun with the story to Lost World. Seeing Eggman, Sonic, and Tails interact with one another reveals a little bit about themselves, and they always have a one-liner afterwards. However, there are a couple holes in the plot. The wisps, making a return from Sonic Colors, are never explained why they're there, Knuckles and Amy play little to no role in the overall plot, and there can be a lot of cheesy lines. Fortunately, the plot does have its moments, with genuine character interaction, superb voice-work, and some points that can get a little dark. It's not exactly emmy-worthy, but for the blue blur himself, it's one of his better plots.

The layout for Lost World takes a lot after Sonic Colors, with a hexagon based map filled with the different levels you'll come across. Animals in this game act as collectables, and you'll need to collect them to unlock the later levels in the game. Fortunately, the amount you'll need won't have you running around for too long, and the carnival mini-games let you grab more than a handful of them. Red Medals also make a return, collectables that are hidden throughout each level. Some of them you'll have to think outside the box to find, but most of them are relatively harder to get than to find. Getting all the Red Medals will also provide for a very good bonus. There's certainly a lot to do in Lost World, but most of it will depend on how committed the player is to the game. While having a low time on a level is nice for bragging rights, there isn't a whole lot of incentive to do all the activities that the game wants you to do. But for the outgoing players who play everything the game has to offer, don't worry, this game certainly has a lot.

While the last few games expanded on a single style, Sonic: Lost World brings a whole new style to the table. Ditching the boost and re-learning the classic Spin Dash, Lost World takes a new idea into the speedy platformer. The Lost Hex not only contains an interesting landscape, but the levels are sporadically organized, and the first level has you traversing across cylindrical tubes suspended in mid-air. You can move completely around the tube without the fear of falling off. While these levels remind others of the exploits of Mario, the similarities begin and stop there, as the two couldn't be more different. These however aren't the only types of levels in the game, as the game sports several different types, enough to have you doing something different every level. Sonic now has three different speeds that one can activate by the press of a button. Sonic walks around at a smooth jog at all times, but holding down the ZR button will make him break into a run, with the ZL button being responsible for the Spin Dash. One last mechanic is Sonic's new acrobatic set of parkour abilities. Holding ZR on any landscape will have sonic wall-run, run straight up, jump between, or climb on any surface in the game.
    Being able to grab onto any surface saves the player from a lot of unfair fall deaths, letting them continue their run. However, the game isn't exactly the best teacher, leaving most of the mechanics to figure out to the player, and while the game embraces experimentation in the beginning, later levels can get a little unforgiving. Compounding the problems is the overabundance of automated sections, which take control away from the player. Some assortments of springs and speed boosters can last for as long as 30 seconds. The boss battles against the Deadly Six don't fare much better, where some battles are ridiculously easy, and others can drag on for a while until you figure out yourself how to beat them.

Sonic: Lost World takes on a new face with its graphical fidelity, ditching detailed textures and complex shadows for a more simplistic art style that's easy on the eyes. Every level in the game is bright and colorful, and each one has its own flavor. However, the crowning achievement of the game is a 1080p resolution at a perfect 60 fps. The music is some of the best in the field. You can trust the next sonic game to have a fantastic soundtrack most of the time, and this game certainly holds true to that philosophy. You'll find just about every genre in this game. Every level track is fantastic, and sometimes you'll be tempted just to stop and listen.

It does a lot of things right and can keep the player extremely happy through and through, but things can make the player quit outright.
  31. Oct 29, 2013
    This game is proof that SEGA is trying new things to the Sonic formula.
    Some stage design flaws aside, this is one of the best Sonic games in recent years!
    A game with great production values, values that rival Nintendo's own games.
    I really cannot understand all the hate critics give to this game.
    Give this game a chance, especially if you like Sonic games in general!
  32. Oct 29, 2013
    Don't care about these reviews, this game is great. SEGA has changed that annoying "boost to win" gameplay to a new kind of gameplay that tries to bring Sonic for a more balanced platformer style, but it's still possible to make speed runs if you want to. The plot is simple and fun, and thanks God doesn't have nothing "ultra-realistic". The controls have some minor issues and most ofDon't care about these reviews, this game is great. SEGA has changed that annoying "boost to win" gameplay to a new kind of gameplay that tries to bring Sonic for a more balanced platformer style, but it's still possible to make speed runs if you want to. The plot is simple and fun, and thanks God doesn't have nothing "ultra-realistic". The controls have some minor issues and most of people that complains about it, does it because the game doesn't have any tutorial and makes you learn in your own. But when you get used to it, you're gonna like it.
    The art and graphics are awesome and full of Sonic Style, reminding us the great times from the 90's.
    I recommend for everyone and hope that SEGA follow this path for the future Sonic games
  33. Nov 3, 2013
    This is just hilarious. This is the best video game I have ever played. Than I see people who get paid to write reviews and don't know what they are talking about. Sonic Lost World to me is game of the year next to donkey kong tropical freeze.
  34. Oct 29, 2013
    Sonic Lost World is honestly a great game, not Sonic Generations great, but Sonic colors great. It defiantly has a lot of Mario Galaxy inspiration but it doesn't completely rip the idea off, it actually feels refreshing and unique. Gameplay is slower than most Sonic games but it isn't a problem since you need to pause and think everyone now and then on which path to take from the usual 3-5Sonic Lost World is honestly a great game, not Sonic Generations great, but Sonic colors great. It defiantly has a lot of Mario Galaxy inspiration but it doesn't completely rip the idea off, it actually feels refreshing and unique. Gameplay is slower than most Sonic games but it isn't a problem since you need to pause and think everyone now and then on which path to take from the usual 3-5 given at times. Only real problem with the game has to be the fact that Sonics jumps seem extremely short and can cause plenty of deaths. Multiplayer is also a nice touch. Overall 8.5/10, extra .5 for the power up noises using various bits of Sonic themes from past games, very nostalgic. Expand
  35. Oct 30, 2013
    Those who haven't played a Sonic game since the Genesis or Dreamcast might find this game a bit challenging at first. All Sonic games are supposed to be. It doesn't hold your hand like most modern platformers, but it makes it that much rewarding when you actually do figure it out. There is so much fun to be had in this game. It's the best platformer so far this year, even better thanThose who haven't played a Sonic game since the Genesis or Dreamcast might find this game a bit challenging at first. All Sonic games are supposed to be. It doesn't hold your hand like most modern platformers, but it makes it that much rewarding when you actually do figure it out. There is so much fun to be had in this game. It's the best platformer so far this year, even better than Rayman Legends (which I loved). Expand
  36. Oct 31, 2013
    Never before in 15+ years I have been playing video games have I seen such a great game with such inaccurate reviews. Some professional reviews seem to have only played the first level. Other reviewers who posted videos I've seen clearly did not take the time to learn how to play the game (there is a learning curve), and have it a poor review simply because they found the first few hoursNever before in 15+ years I have been playing video games have I seen such a great game with such inaccurate reviews. Some professional reviews seem to have only played the first level. Other reviewers who posted videos I've seen clearly did not take the time to learn how to play the game (there is a learning curve), and have it a poor review simply because they found the first few hours to be harder than they anticipated. These reviews are what compelled me to write my first Metacritic review for any piece of entertainment. Before I begin, allow me to say I've played and completed a lot of both 2D and 3D Sonics (games include the original, Sonic and Knuckles, Sonic CD, Sonic Advance, Sonic 4 ep. 1 and 2, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations).

Sonic: Lost World is a complete victory for the franchise and continues the upward swing in quality that has been happening since Sonic Colors. New gameplay elements like Sonic's new parkour abilities add a level of creativity to how you choose to progress though the well-designed, multi-path environments. If you love playing acrobatically, you may choose to wall run and jump through the same area that a speed runner would use Sonic's spin dash to get through. Other players may choose to destroy all Eggman mechs in an area using Sonic's homing, kick, and bounce attacks, and others still may use found power-ups (Wisps from Sonic Colors, for those who are familiar) to unlock all new paths altogether. I've personally played through some levels 6 to 7 times and have found that most levels have allowed me to play differently on each run through. To reiterate what I said earlier, there is a learning curve, but after about an hour I was playing with Lost World with fluidity.

Sonic's new abilities and the level design have offered a gameplay experience unlike any I've had before. You may be able to draw comparisons in visual design to Super Mario Galaxy, which also used the idea of planetoids in level design, but the similarities stop there. The gameplay is as fresh as it can be, both for the franchise and platformers in general. It's no secret that Sonic has had trouble finding his footing in the 3D era, with the Adventure games offering fun but flawed experiences and Sonic 2006 becoming the poster child for a AAA game disaster. Sonic Colors and Generations seemed to perfect the 3D gameplay that the Adventure games wish they had, but Sonic: Lost World is the first real successful innovation in Sonic 3D gameplay in over a decade.

The game has a beautiful visual style that pays homage to Sonic games of old while taking full advantage of what the Wii U can deliver. I'd recommend looking at a screenshot or two for a better understanding of what I mean. The framerate stays consistently high even with high amounts of enemies and projectiles onscreen. The game's sound and music are phenomenal, something that has been generally true over Sonic's lifespan. The characters, so far (keep in mind I've only beaten half of the game), are very cartoon-like and never dull, with their in-game dialogue and design making me laugh on more than one occasion. Given the light and humorous of the game, the tone fits well with what I believe the overall tone of the Sonic franchise should be (ahem, Shadow the Hedgehog).

Sonic: Lost World has made a case for best Sonic title in a decade as well as best Wii U title currently available. I fully recommend the game to anyone interested.
  37. Oct 29, 2013
    A fantastic game and one I can recommend to anyone.

The controls are tight, the level design is fantastic, varied visually and structurally, and often there are many paths through zones. Some stages have different play styles to others, such as grinding or floating, but all come together nicely. The Wisps take some getting used to with the controls being somewhat of a learning
    A fantastic game and one I can recommend to anyone.

The Wisps take some getting used to with the controls being somewhat of a learning curve, but not one you will feel punished for avoiding as some Wisps use the buttons on the Gamepad too.

The soundtrack is top notch and is ever catchy to continue the series trend and the visuals run at a smooth 60FPS, which launch titles for the other two consoles wish they could manage let alone maintain.

Overall, buy this game, it's fantastic.
  38. Oct 29, 2013
    A fantastic game. For longtime sonic fans, they know how rough its been for the guy for quite some time and how he had his comeback with sonic colors (sonic 4 was very underwhelming). with the third game after the fact sonic team really turned sonic mechanic on its head and it shows some creative work here. the game plays very differently then the usual. They obviously drew someA fantastic game. For longtime sonic fans, they know how rough its been for the guy for quite some time and how he had his comeback with sonic colors (sonic 4 was very underwhelming). with the third game after the fact sonic team really turned sonic mechanic on its head and it shows some creative work here. the game plays very differently then the usual. They obviously drew some inspiration from sonic extreme so this comparison to the galaxy series is quite stupid with that logic, Mario galaxy stole from extream. In short great game! very unique and i highly appreciate that,this only goes for the wiiu version as i have yet to play the 3ds ver. Its a buy forget the critiques. Expand
  39. Nov 3, 2013
    SCRUB YOU FANBOYS
    sonic lost world has speed
    it just you must find it
    the controls are awesome if you know how to play
    if you played generations or colors you will know what i mean
    its a good game. its not a mario galaxy!!!
    stop with the critics!!!!
  40. Oct 30, 2013
    Sonic Lost World hits some things home, and others not so much. Some of the things it does well include the graphics, music and some elements of the gameplay. If you're playing this for a deep story with a plot that will make you think, drop that notion entirely. The writing for this game is "meh" at best. Though it does have some really good moments in the cutscenes. The music isSonic Lost World hits some things home, and others not so much. Some of the things it does well include the graphics, music and some elements of the gameplay. If you're playing this for a deep story with a plot that will make you think, drop that notion entirely. The writing for this game is "meh" at best. Though it does have some really good moments in the cutscenes. The music is memorable for the most part. A few forgettable ones, but for the most part its what you'd expect from a Sonic game. The graphics are crisp and really good looking, despite the artstyle.

Now for the gameplay. I had a had a difficult time learning the controls, but this is only a learning curve which is natural with any game. Once I had the controls down, I still had a few issues though. Specifically in 2D, Sonic feels as if he has lead shoes on. He feels pretty heavy, even when holding down the run button. This makes it difficult to jump over bottomless pits simply because his jumping range is so limited. This can cause a lot of cheap deaths.

Wall running is tricky. Sonic will move down the wall as he runs on it, so you have to be pretty speedy about getting from one end to the other. Prepare for MANY cheap deaths in the ice levels. Simply because the ice physics sonic's speed bottomless pits trying to dodge obstacles are just going to cause you many problems.

Some parts can be very frustrating in the game. It just feels like (Especially in 2D) that Sonic really heavy, and it makes it difficult to platform with any sort of speed. So unless you want to risk spindashing to clear platforming sections, you gotta go slow.

The gameplay, once you get used to it, feels rewarding however. When you play an easy game that has no challenge, the game is a bore. Its nice to see difficulty in a game, but I think the difficulty is bred from lazy design in some aspects.

If you love Sonic, give it a buy. Hell, if you're just a platformer fan give it a buy. You'll surely love it if you loved Colors. Though wisps are a bit useless now if I do say so myself. The hateful reviews that Sonic Lost World has received are not justified, but I DEFINITELY see where they're coming from. But those reviewers only play straight through once and then drop it. They have other games to review. If you stick with it and persevere, you'll start enjoying the game. Its NOWHERE near as bad as Sonic 06. It is a great game, but not amazing.
  41. Nov 1, 2013
    Do not listen to the reviewers. This game is amazing! I had a blast with this game since the day I got it until the game I beat it and I'm still playing it. Sonic Lost World lets you speed into amazing stages that let you run on or up walls and lets you use unique color powers. The story is really well done, at least better than Sonic Generations story. Sonic Lost World has an awesome 2Do not listen to the reviewers. This game is amazing! I had a blast with this game since the day I got it until the game I beat it and I'm still playing it. Sonic Lost World lets you speed into amazing stages that let you run on or up walls and lets you use unique color powers. The story is really well done, at least better than Sonic Generations story. Sonic Lost World has an awesome 2 player vs. mode that is really fun and competitive when you have friend come over. This game is a big reason to own a Wii U, because your not gonna get this game on any other console that runs at 60 fps and is 1080p. The gameplay is fluid, the controls are tight, and the graphics are beautiful. The game gets some getting used to Sonic's new play style, but after a few levels or more you will start be coming a pro at it. I hope you can enjoy this game as much as I did. Expand
  42. Nov 4, 2013
    Fun game, simple level design. More of an 8/10 but choosing 10 because this site has too many trolls that give it a 0. Not even sonic 06 is a 0 and this game is by far and away one of the best sonic titles in years, far better than sonic 06
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    Great Platformer. but it feels like a Mario Galaxy game oh well.

Controls are more.... Controllable. Great Cartoony visuals. the story had alot of emotion and dialogue that the story was a thrill ride of fun. This is a good sonic game and a must-get for the Wii U
  44. Nov 8, 2013
    I like this game and this comes from a die hard Mario fan, I choose Mario over Sonic years ago when I first started to Console Game (SNES vs Genesis). If you are a Mario fan give this game a try. This game is arcade platform meets 3D platforming, replay levels differently each time, explore the areas for hidden surprises. Find loops to build your lives up, die and rerun that area again.I like this game and this comes from a die hard Mario fan, I choose Mario over Sonic years ago when I first started to Console Game (SNES vs Genesis). If you are a Mario fan give this game a try. This game is arcade platform meets 3D platforming, replay levels differently each time, explore the areas for hidden surprises. Find loops to build your lives up, die and rerun that area again. For Wii U owners this title should find a place in you gaming library. Expand
  45. Nov 28, 2013
    I'm someone who had previously written Sonic games off as just plain crap thanks to some bad
    experiences with previous games starring SEGA's blue hedgehog. Out of all the Sonic games I had played, only one of them I enjoyed, and it was deviation from Sonic's platforming roots into the realm of an RPG. Something about Lost World just stuck out to me when I was hearing about it, so I decided to try it despite my reservations with the series. I'm glad I did try it, because this is a great game and the best Sonic platformer I've ever played. It has made me change my opinions about what to expect with a Sonic game.

The presentation is excellent. Graphics are charming, bright, and colorful. The voice acting is great, making the Saturday morning carton style story enjoyable. It's the first time I've not been irritated by the story and characters in a Sonic game since Sonic Chronicles. The soundtrack is nice, but I never really noticed it while I was playing the levels. So Lost World nails it with the presentation, but none of that matters if the gameplay is crap. Thankfully this is the tightest gameplay I've experienced with a Sonic title yet.

It plays out with both 2D and 3D platforming sections. Both present a fun gameplay and a nice challenge. The controls are tight and responsive, but wall running in the later levels is irritatingly off. One of the first things that stuck out to me is that Sonic isn't tearing through levels at high speeds, but instead seems to casually jog through levels in a way that's more traditional with 3D platformers. This isn't a bad thing at all, it's just at odds with what I've come to expect from a Sonic game. If anything it's actually an improvement over past games. With this slower sense of speed I feel like I had more control over Sonic's movements and could pull off more precise platforming. Overall the level design is mostly excellent, except for a few cheap hits that the game will throw at you from time to time. So as a single-player experience everything is great, where the game stumbles is with it's co-operative and competitive multiplayer.

Everything still works out well for the person who's playing as Sonic, but it's the co-op buddy who ends up feeling left out throughout the majority of the game. Player 2 is stuck playing as some kind of lame aircraft that is a pain to control and is basically useless. The second player can only attack a few types of enemies with an awful targeting system, they can't do any sort of platforming, and they are constantly losing themselves off screen thanks to the fact that Sonic moves faster than them. The only thing they can do is collect the occasional ring or shoot the occasional enemy. For the most part co-op was a useless addition that will just leave whoever gets stuck playing as the second player bored. Unfortunately competitive multiplayer isn't much better. Sure both players get to play as a different colored Sonic, but these levels are boring and just plain don't work. The "Ring Race" has each character competing to collect the most amount of rings before time runs out. This mode just goes on for way to long and the enemies here just aren't any sort of threat to your stash of rings. The other two modes just has each player racing through levels to get to the goal first. This mode suffers because before either player can reach the goal the time limit will run out and the whole thing will just be considered a draw. I don't understand why they made these race levels so big and not give players enough time on the clock to get through them. It really is just a waste.

Still as a single-player experience everything works out great, and single-player is how the game is meant to be played. Tight level-design, nice challenge, and just all around great gameplay save the package. Sure it's not exactly perfect but it's a heck of a lot of fun to play. Lost World has successfully restored my faith in Sonic games and I am more than willing to give the blue blur another chance. Sonic Team really did a great job with this one.
  46. Feb 4, 2014
    The only reason this game suffers is because of the level access. You have to have freed a certain amount of animals to unlock the latter levels which becomes an issue around World 4. It takes away from what Sonic games embody which is speed. On the positive side, it does allow you to go back to favored levels, but it's unnecessary to say the least. Other than that, I have no idea why thisThe only reason this game suffers is because of the level access. You have to have freed a certain amount of animals to unlock the latter levels which becomes an issue around World 4. It takes away from what Sonic games embody which is speed. On the positive side, it does allow you to go back to favored levels, but it's unnecessary to say the least. Other than that, I have no idea why this game received such bad reviews. It's not only a good game, but it's a lot of fun. I think if it wasn't a Sonic game it would've done better. If Sonic 2 on Genesis wouldn't have been one of the greatest games ever made, we wouldn't expect so much from him. Expand
  47. Mar 6, 2014
    Sonic lost world for the Wii u is a blast to play. I have never had any issues with the controls, the new layout for them feels very natural the game is a lot of fun to play, the graphics are amazing and music is great. Sonic lost world for Wii u is a great purchase and i recommend it for every wii u owners and fans of platformers just, be prepared for the difficulty 8.5/10
  48. Mar 21, 2014
    Sonic Lost World is a very fun game. A huge problem with the game on your first playthrough is that the game does a terrible job explaining you the mechanics. Some stuff I didn't even know you could do until just recently. But once you get used to the controls and the parkour mechanic you're good to go. There are a few levels that can be annoying, and some levels do feel a bit gimmickySonic Lost World is a very fun game. A huge problem with the game on your first playthrough is that the game does a terrible job explaining you the mechanics. Some stuff I didn't even know you could do until just recently. But once you get used to the controls and the parkour mechanic you're good to go. There are a few levels that can be annoying, and some levels do feel a bit gimmicky (take a look at Frozen Factory act 2 for example) But there are too many fun levels that overshadow these parts of the game. This game is actually one of the more difficult Sonic games, you might end up getting a couple of game overs on your first playthrough. But none of the deaths made me call the game cheap, or made me rage quit. The grinding levels get heavily criticized for being cheap, although those levels are exactly like the minecart levels in Donkey Kong Country Returns, except in returns everything kills you in 1 hit, but apparently people love those... Anyway, this game is definitely worth it in my opinion, but I know this game is very mixed so perhaps try getting it used or at a cheap price. Expand
  49. Oct 29, 2013
    Great game with tight controls. When you die it feels like it's your fault and not the games. Great sonic title and greatly under-rated. The story goes back to its roots with a simple and cheesy story. Sonics voice actor is great and the villains are very cool. The over-all story is a bit childish but is not that bad. The game is very fast but you can slow down for better control. The wallGreat game with tight controls. When you die it feels like it's your fault and not the games. Great sonic title and greatly under-rated. The story goes back to its roots with a simple and cheesy story. Sonics voice actor is great and the villains are very cool. The over-all story is a bit childish but is not that bad. The game is very fast but you can slow down for better control. The wall running is a little weird but once you get used to it, its very cool and useful. The game does not hold your hand with tutorials and expects you to learn the game through gameplay, which I love. Expand
  50. Nov 5, 2013
    Hands down the best Sonic game there's ever been made. Everything, including graphics, music, bosses, controls and general gameplay are top notch. Also one of the best Wii U games there are out there.
  51. Nov 6, 2013
    I think this game is worthy of an 8, but gave it a 10 in my score because I think the current user aggregate of 7.5 is too low for the game.

52. Oct 30, 2013
    Don't believe the low critic score, it's a much better game than it's being given credit for. It's tough, challenging, a little different and definitely doesn't hold your hand after a couple hours of play. It's mostly because of this that the professionals give it low scores. This is simply a Sonic game that puts more effort into the platforming than the balls-out speed. Not perfect,Don't believe the low critic score, it's a much better game than it's being given credit for. It's tough, challenging, a little different and definitely doesn't hold your hand after a couple hours of play. It's mostly because of this that the professionals give it low scores. This is simply a Sonic game that puts more effort into the platforming than the balls-out speed. Not perfect, but it's definitely at least an 8.

So definitely don't believe what you read, it's a (finally) great Sonic game. Music is fantastic, art is amazing, story is actually decent for a change, controls are very tight, and the game play is fun and challenging (also finally). I personally hope that it does well just to spite some of the reviewers that seem to be intentionally sucking at the game to make it look terrible (check out gamespots video "review". Ridiculous.).
  53. Oct 30, 2013
    While it's not the best sonic game, it's the best 3D sonic game out there, It's a must have for a Wii U owner.
    The controls are not bad, but they need some time to get used to.
  54. Oct 30, 2013
    I just don't understand the negative reviews this game has been receiving. I'm going to go ahead and say its the best Sonic game since Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. The controls are spot on, and holding the Z button to instantly run is perfect. To me, this game more closely resembles the 16 Bit Sonic games than any of the other 3D attempts. People forget but Sonic games on the GenesisI just don't understand the negative reviews this game has been receiving. I'm going to go ahead and say its the best Sonic game since Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. The controls are spot on, and holding the Z button to instantly run is perfect. To me, this game more closely resembles the 16 Bit Sonic games than any of the other 3D attempts. People forget but Sonic games on the Genesis had plenty of sections where You had to slow down and be very precise to make it through the levels. Playing this game just makes me think Sonic games are going to get bashed no matter what. In the past reviewers complained that Sonic had too many scripted 'go fast' events, now they complain that its too slow and methodical. Personally I feel that this game has a refreshing mixture of both. Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this game to Sonic fans or anyone looking for a quality platformer. Expand
  55. Oct 30, 2013
    This game is probably good, I haven't played it but my mum said that I should give it a 10 because if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all
  56. Oct 30, 2013
    Sonic Lost World is one of the best Wii U games you can pick up as of now. I purchased a Wii U solely for this game and it didn't disappoint.
    Sonic Lost World, essentially, is a classic Genesis game brought into the 3D realm. Just like other games in the series, Sonic's controls and his entire game play has been switched up. Gone is the boost to win formula of the previous games in favor of tighter control for more precise platforming. For the first time ever, Sonic now has a run button. Moving the control stick allows Sonic to walk around at a brisk pace, holding the right trigger (ZR) allows Sonic to go into a running sprint. For added speed, holding the left trigger (ZL) allows Sonic to roll into his signature ball and do the spin dash. With 3 different speed settings, Sonic is slower than previous "boost" games but is still fast non the less.
    The Mario Galaxy inspired levels of the Lost Hex are decently designed, allowing for branching paths and alternate routes that lead to secret areas or hidden Red Rings. That's not to say all the levels are fantastic. There's a difficulty spike during the end of the game that pulls no punches and some levels here and there are home to some painfully annoying gimmicks that can annoy even the most veteran of Sonic players.
    Back from Sonic Colors are the cute alien creatures Wisps. These aliens allow Sonic to use certain powers. New to the game are the Eagle Wisp, Rhythm Wisp and Asteroid Wisp. These powers, unfortunately are finicky in their use and are not as well implemented as they were in Sonic Colors. With an amazing soundtrack, gorgeous graphics and a goofy story, Sonic Lost World is a great game for anyone who owns a Wii U or is a fan of platformers. With a few flaws, it's still a decent entry in the Sonic Franchise and a must buy for anyone with a Wii U
  57. Dec 23, 2013
    This is how sonic is supposed to be, this game is great. Sonic is treated so unfairly I feel.

You can't make him go super fast and be able to control him in 3D it just doesn't work. The logic of him going that fast doesn't work. So if the devs try to help us control him it isn't interactive enough. If they slow him down so he is able to be controlled he is too slow. I think

So if the devs try to help us control him it isn't interactive enough.

If they slow him down so he is able to be controlled he is too slow.

I think this game is great and 9/10 easy. The story is cheesy and full of lame one liners but I find it charming. Is doesn't need to be some masterpiece of a story. That's not what sonic was supposed to be. This game is pick up and have a good time.

This game is in the colorful fun and imaginative world sonic belongs in. Instead of the modern day world.

He is fast, you can hold a button to run faster and even spin dash.

There is some small bits that are stupid yeah, but that doesn't make the game bad at all. Its just the difficulties of a fast paced 3D game.

This game likes to switch from 3D to 2D and it's a lot of fun. Honestly the tunnel like gameplay is pretty great and is exactly how the games should have turned 3D to begin with. They let you dodge run and go fast, but I especially like the 3D Sidescrolling sections those are a lot of fun.

Also this game is pretty challenging at times and I usually feel like it's MY fault not the games.

Sonic is a bit of a jerk though, I feel like Eggman was nicer in this game than Sonic was.
  58. Nov 2, 2013
  59. Dec 15, 2014
    Queria colocarle un 7.5... Un 8 es muy alto, un 7 muy bajo, pero no puedo, así que me inclino por el 8 para describir este juego, que no es el mejor juego de Sonic, no tiene la mejor jugabilidad y no tiene la mejor historia, pero que usa los multiples atributos que tiene la Wii U, tiene un sistema de niveles nuevo para la serie que resulta un tanto divertido y multiples caminos paraQueria colocarle un 7.5... Un 8 es muy alto, un 7 muy bajo, pero no puedo, así que me inclino por el 8 para describir este juego, que no es el mejor juego de Sonic, no tiene la mejor jugabilidad y no tiene la mejor historia, pero que usa los multiples atributos que tiene la Wii U, tiene un sistema de niveles nuevo para la serie que resulta un tanto divertido y multiples caminos para finalizarlos y que en si tiene el potencial de ser un buen plataformas, así este trillado por la crítica y la decepción de jugadores tradicionales de Sonic pero nunca deja de ser un juego subvalorado. Expand
  60. Feb 19, 2015
    Unlike the Critics like the biased IGN and unreliable Gamespot, I actually know how to play a Sonic game. And let me tell you, I knew how to play this Masterpiece. Many people think it's a copy off of Mario Galaxy, although the truth is Mario Galaxy is kinda a copy off of the space levels in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure 2's levels are related to Yoshi's Island space-like levels, andUnlike the Critics like the biased IGN and unreliable Gamespot, I actually know how to play a Sonic game. And let me tell you, I knew how to play this Masterpiece. Many people think it's a copy off of Mario Galaxy, although the truth is Mario Galaxy is kinda a copy off of the space levels in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure 2's levels are related to Yoshi's Island space-like levels, and Yoshi's Island's space levels are a copy off of many parts of Sonic 3 and Knuckles's Carnival Night Zone and Death Egg Zone, and Sonic X-treme (Which a lot of people seem to be in denial of, thinking it was a fish-eye view game only, but the truth is it was a combination of both gravity-based gameplay and the fish-eye view, yeah I've done my research.) But I digress. And while I admit Mario Galaxy was a magnificent game, it was not completely original, because Sega thought of the idea first, and while many fans of Mario Galaxy can deny it all they want, it's not going to change the facts, but again, I emphasize, Mario Galaxy was a god-like game, a great step away from the money-grabbing, repetitive, sexist, though sometimes creative, games Mario is usually in.

So the claims that Sonic Lost World is a rip-off of Mario Galaxy is distorted. I honestly like to think Sonic Lost World is just Sonic X-treme being finished off because of the similarities that one of the original ideas for the storyline Sonic X-treme was going to have was implemented in Sonic Lost World, The six Zeti being the original 'six chaos monsters' that were going to be under forced to do Eggman's biding after he stole and released them from the Master Emerald, (Half of that idea was put to use on Chaos in Sonic Adventure.) Although while I admit Sonic Lost World is nearly original, I do admit I've found out a few of the developers of the game where inspired by parts of Mario Galaxy, but that's parts, not all of it. Many creators have been inspired by others ideas, but have managed to make it original. Just like my father always says, "Good people are great creators, great people are inspired by the ideas of others, with so many ideas in the world, arguably nothing is truly original."
  61. Mar 9, 2015
    If you like classic sonic thrown into modern gameplay,then this game is for you.This game while not being my favorite sonic game (that would be unleashed) this is still a good game.
  62. Apr 9, 2015
    He comprado este juego el 2015 porque estaba rebajado, y mi gran sorpresa que el juego me encanto yo creo que todos los que lo critican no lo han jugado y se dejan llevar por los comentarios de gente que no tiene el juego o ve un video de youtube. Es un gran juego se los recomiendo
  63. Apr 17, 2015
    definitely a great game sonic in my opinion is a good game undoubtedly not understand the negative reviews if very good definitely a great game sonic in my opinion is a good game undoubtedly not understand the negative reviews if very good also not to mention the good levels that are well designed real-mind
  64. Apr 24, 2015
    When Sonic: Lost World is good, it's great. It has that magic that made the older Sonic games so addictive. There are a few levels that don't quite have the spark of others and let the game down slightly, (Rolling around as a giant snowball springs to mind...) but overall this is a very polished production, with immaculate graphics and great music.

Most importantly though, Sonic: Lost

Most importantly though, Sonic: Lost World is fun.
  65. Jul 14, 2015
    Um jogo incrível,gráficos,trilha sonora,jogabilidade excelentes.Esse e um ótimo jogo do Sonic e todos que tem um Wii u devem tê-lo,a Sega fez um belo trabalho!
  66. Nov 6, 2013

1. Dec 11, 2013
    Sonic Lost World has its problems. The controls are imprecise and the difficulty somewhat uneven. But it is still one of the better Sonic games in later years with some great level design. It is not the best platform game out there but well worth a closer look.
  2. Nov 27, 2013
    The best true Sonic in years. [Christmas 2013, p.83]
  3. Nov 18, 2013
    Sonic is no longer a good or even passable video game character.