9.0

1. Oct 25, 2013
    A good game in the series. Its not on the same level as Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, which offers both the colourful and happy environments, combined with the dark and mystic. The more "cartoonish" art style is a fun contribution to the series along with Skyward Sword, but Im really hoping the next Wii U Zelda will be more realistic, like OOT and TP (the best selling in theA good game in the series. Its not on the same level as Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, which offers both the colourful and happy environments, combined with the dark and mystic. The more "cartoonish" art style is a fun contribution to the series along with Skyward Sword, but Im really hoping the next Wii U Zelda will be more realistic, like OOT and TP (the best selling in the series). Im also hoping that it the graphics will improve. The gameplay and stories are fantastic, but both WWHD and SM3D Land are very small in size, because of the low res textures. SM3D Land had a nice polygon count, with nice round shapes, which WWHD lacked. I think we need a new big open world Zelda which gives us both a great story and a serves as a showcase of the Wii Us graphical potential. But as we wait for that, I think this is a good game to keep you satisfied for a little longer! Expand
  2. Oct 2, 2015
    Tier 3
    + Awesome world with a lot of visually interesting set pieces and environments
    + Generally fun gameplay with several interwoven mechanics + Cool designs of enemies, characters, and mechanics ? The game world is vast, but for the most part feels empty and isolating as opposed to large and alive - The level design is incredibly linear, in no way offering genuine exploration aside
    Tier 3
    + Awesome world with a lot of visually interesting set pieces and environments
    + Generally fun gameplay with several interwoven mechanics
    + Cool designs of enemies, characters, and mechanics
    - The level design is incredibly linear, in no way offering genuine exploration aside from looking for islands in the boat
    - Progression through the world is often tedious, with many challenges and story requirements forcing a lot of uninteresting travel downtime
    - Story feels arbitrary and generic, even for a Zelda game; the reveal of Zelda especially feels forced and totally random
  3. Jul 16, 2016
    Not a bad game, but way too frustrating to be the masterpiece many claim it to be. In particular, save games are quite a bit off, because they bring you back to the beginning of the area you are currently exploring.
  4. Nov 24, 2013
    What can I say about this game.... I mean its a freakin zelda game!!! When has this franchise ever done anybody wrong?

Windwaker was a great game on gamecube, so there's not much of a difference there on Wii U. There is less quest for triforce shards and they changed up the pictobox to make it less tasking. For those who have never played it, I would say this is a must. I

For those who have never played it, I would say this is a must. I remember when this was on gamecube and I was very disgusted at first by its toonie graphics mainly because I was expecting a Zelda game that had graphics to where it looked like Lord of the rings. You know what? I learned a valuable lesson in that game to not judge a game by its graphics because that game was the most fun in a Zelda game in a long while.

Only reason I give this a 9 is because its an HD remake not a new Zelda game and its also not the HD remake I was hoping for. I honestly believed Majora's Mask was the HD remake with all the videos on youtube which was the main reason I wanted a Wii u, but you know what I understand why they remade windwaker.

Its the most non-linear Zelda to play, so they wanted to test the grounds with a big open world and communicate with players with tingle bottles to get a jist of what Zelda fans are wanting new in the series. Windwaker has the largest map out of all the zelda games.

So I will say yes this game before was good and this one is good too. In fact this is only the tip of the Iceberg of the Zelda upcomming in the future. So after you beat this I'll guarantee it'll get you more pumped for the newest one coming out

1. Jan 6, 2014
    After ten years Wind Waker is still as magical as it was when it was first released. The Wii U is all of a sudden looking like a console worth considering.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Fond memories of older games can oftentimes come to shatter when revisited but The Wind Waker still shines bright even after ten years. It is almost hard to believe the game is even that old. The battles, the dungeons and the sidequests are all still top notch and wrapped in timeless cartoon graphics. Have you not yet been enchanted by The Wind Waker then now is a better time than ever.
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    Wind Waker HD is a must play game not just for Zelda fans, but for every gamer.