8.9

1. Jul 22, 2014
    This game sucks and I don't get why anybody ever liked it. There is so little actual content, and so much of what you do is just a pointless workaround. I can't speak for the whole game, because I only played the first two dungeons but they were both really lame and short and I'm tired of tooling around in a stupid looking talking boat. The graphics and controls are great and I really like the art style actually. I really liked Spirit Tracks so the art style doesn't bother me at all. I really wish I could like this game, but I have better **** to do than to try and appreciate a game that is just simply not a good game. To me a Zelda game has to have fun dungeons and getting shot out of a seed pod repeatedly is not my idea of fun. Expand
  2. Feb 5, 2014
    This adventure is impossible without access to an online walkthru or strategy guide. I just lost 2 hours of my life on a dungeon that became impossible to beat because I did not do one obscure thing and had to restart at the beginning. This - coupled with the wonky camera and lack of direction to solve quests make this a curious artifact that doesn't belong in modern video gaming. Other than a fanciful graphical overhaul, it is still a game that belongs in 2002. Expand
  3. Nov 30, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were both great games for the Wii. In fact, they were some of the few games on Nintendo's last console that were actually really worth playing. They were aimed at a more serious audience, had good graphics and incredible gameplay guaranteed not to disappoint. Its only a shame that Nintendo didn't link the two games together to create more of a story.
    Wind Waker however is a different story, Nintendo have ditched all seriousness that the series once had and have gone all out on a completely childish look. The graphics have taken a HUGE step down in quality and the storyline is pretty dull and pathetic. The only real pro of the whole game is the interesting idea of traveling around different islands, allowing Nintendo to change the games environment regularly without question. On the whole though Wind Waker is a huge disappointment to a series that was once one of the greatest in the gaming world. I can only hope Nintendo see sense and finally start to address an older, more serious audience in the future.

1. Jan 6, 2014
    After ten years Wind Waker is still as magical as it was when it was first released. The Wii U is all of a sudden looking like a console worth considering.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Fond memories of older games can oftentimes come to shatter when revisited but The Wind Waker still shines bright even after ten years. It is almost hard to believe the game is even that old. The battles, the dungeons and the sidequests are all still top notch and wrapped in timeless cartoon graphics. Have you not yet been enchanted by The Wind Waker then now is a better time than ever.
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    Wind Waker HD is a must play game not just for Zelda fans, but for every gamer.