9.0

1. Feb 7, 2015
    Beautifully rendered classic Zelda game, unique in both its art style and its open-ocean gameplay. So many remasters don't do much, but this one has crisp and beautiful graphics, plus small changes to gameplay to improve some small annoyances on an otherwise brilliant game.
  2. Nov 4, 2013
    I loved the original game because it was pretty much not stop action. This one is basically the same but the graphics blow you into another universe. Goes without saying: Wii U has superior controls!
  3. LBC
    Oct 31, 2013
    All of the biggest flaws from the original game have been nicely ironed out. The best improvement in my opinion is the revamped aiming system. Now you can walk around in first person view while aiming and you can even use the gyroscope to fine-tune your shots; a welcome addition indeed! If you missed out on Wind Waker the first time around, now is your chance to experience a true masterpiece.
  4. Sep 21, 2013
    I am so glad Nintendo decided to remake this game. I love Hero mode enemies deal twice the damage and hearts do not appear during gameplay. The only way to replenish your health is through potions an excellent challenge! Now that it's in HD and everything is fixed near the end of the story, there is absolutely NO reason for any Wii U owner not to own this game! A masterpiece. 10/10
  5. Dec 3, 2013
    Windwaker for Gamecube was my favorite Zelda. WIndwaker HD for Wii U takes every complaint about the original and makes it a superb adventure game. The graphics are sharper than any Zelda to date. If you own a Wii U you must own this game despite whether you have played it before or not.
  6. Nov 17, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD is a game that you should not miss, whether you’ve played the original or not. It’s truly an experience of a lifetime. The game boasts a memorable story, an incredible sense of adventure and exploration, quirky characters, satisfying combat, breathtaking visuals, harmonious music and much more. There just isn’t much to complain about. The sense ofThe Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD is a game that you should not miss, whether you’ve played the original or not. It’s truly an experience of a lifetime. The game boasts a memorable story, an incredible sense of adventure and exploration, quirky characters, satisfying combat, breathtaking visuals, harmonious music and much more. There just isn’t much to complain about. The sense of adventure is simply awe-inspiring and once you begin, you won;t want to put the controller down. Nintendo is still the master of making fun games. They don’t have to be violent or have Oscar-winning performances. As a matter of fact, I think we need to evaluate our view of games in that sense. There are a vast majority of genres these days. Adventure, shooter, racing, action, fighting and also we’re seeing an emergence of movie-like experiences with Beyond Two Souls. Wind Waker HD is one of the classic action-adventure types that we have always loved. It’s kid and adult friendly. It’s truly an incredible game that you should not pass up. Yes, this game alone is worth purchasing a Wii U, so what are you waiting for? Expand
  7. Oct 7, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game back when it came out on the GameCube. I completed it and it was an extremely fun game. But now that I have it for the Wii U, let me say "WOW". This is a lot better than I was expecting! The graphics are outstanding, the gameplay using the Wii U gamepad is perfect, and playing in hero mode is a wonderful challenge! Already I have hit the "GAME OVER" screenI really enjoyed this game back when it came out on the GameCube. I completed it and it was an extremely fun game. But now that I have it for the Wii U, let me say "WOW". This is a lot better than I was expecting! The graphics are outstanding, the gameplay using the Wii U gamepad is perfect, and playing in hero mode is a wonderful challenge! Already I have hit the "GAME OVER" screen 3 times, and this is a very good thing because I don't think I ever did that with the easy GameCube version. Everything is polished to perfection if you are on the fence, get a Wii U just for this game and the many great games that are coming out soon. Long live the Legend! Expand
  8. Oct 3, 2013
    One of the best games ever made and now in HD with hero mode. That enough has me sold. Throw in gameplay tweaks and off tv play, and I believe this is exactly what we need while waiting for zelda wiiu!
  9. Nov 23, 2013
    The Wind Waker has always been one of the true greats from Nintendo's frankly wonderful Zelda franchise, but now it's something even more...it's the Wii U's first genuine system seller and it's an absolute belter!

Indeed, Wind Waker HD is as perfect a game as you're ever likely to find, and whether you're a Wii U owner or not, it is utterly essential.
  10. Oct 2, 2013
    This remake is a must have for anyone with a Wii U, no matter if you already played the original or not.
    So, just go buy this amazing game now people.
  11. Sep 20, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, was a game that USE to have two major flaws---a low difficulty level and pacing issues. With these two problems, the original game, while still fantastic, was unable to live up to the standard of its predecessors Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask... but The Wind Waker HD fixes all of these issues and allows this game to shine as the piece of artwork itThe Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, was a game that USE to have two major flaws---a low difficulty level and pacing issues. With these two problems, the original game, while still fantastic, was unable to live up to the standard of its predecessors Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask... but The Wind Waker HD fixes all of these issues and allows this game to shine as the piece of artwork it was meant to be. Expand
  12. Sep 29, 2013
    One of the finest adventure games tweaked and remastered make this a no-brainer for Wind Waker newcomers and a fantastic nostalgia ride as well. Pleasantly surprised that this game is the best gaming experience that I have had this year.
  13. Oct 2, 2013
    This is everything a remake should be. It keeps the entire essence of the original while at the same time fixing so many of the problems that the original did have. It didn't try to distance itself too far, but it also improved on itself. This is as perfectly as a remake really can be done.
  14. Jul 31, 2014
    IT LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL! THAT HD, OMG! On a more serious note: Besides looking really good in HD, fans who have either played or not played the original will still love this. It adds a few extra things and helpful tweaks to improve gameplay and decrease sailing time. It's still the same clever dungeons, beautiful art style and memorable characters as the original. 10/10 Must have for Wii U.
  15. Oct 22, 2013
    The Windwaker HD has definitely set the bar for modern remakes of classic games. The controls are as smooth as ever, graphics are in brilliant 1080p, and the touch pad adds a nice element to tie it all together. The story and characters are among the best in the Zelda series, bosses are challenging. It is so much fun exploring the massive open-world and discovering new islands. In myThe Windwaker HD has definitely set the bar for modern remakes of classic games. The controls are as smooth as ever, graphics are in brilliant 1080p, and the touch pad adds a nice element to tie it all together. The story and characters are among the best in the Zelda series, bosses are challenging. It is so much fun exploring the massive open-world and discovering new islands. In my opinion this game is the first real reason to buy a wii-u. An experience you cannot find any where else. Expand
  16. Sep 30, 2013
    Excellent game. Never play the first one, so this one was a whole new experience. I'm glad I got to play it in HD my first time, it is just beautiful. Many people criticize that Nintendo should make brand new games instea of bringing back old games to life. People who own a WII U today are probably not the same people who owed a Game Cube 10 years ago. People seriously need to think beforeExcellent game. Never play the first one, so this one was a whole new experience. I'm glad I got to play it in HD my first time, it is just beautiful. Many people criticize that Nintendo should make brand new games instea of bringing back old games to life. People who own a WII U today are probably not the same people who owed a Game Cube 10 years ago. People seriously need to think before they speak. Expand
  17. Nov 6, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda is my all-time favorite video game series, and The Wind Waker is my favorite entry in that series. I have so many wonderful memories of the original, and to play WWHD now is such a delight. The visuals have been upgraded wonderfully. There are tons of refinements to the overall experience, and they fixed some of the biggest flaws that kept the original GameCube versionThe Legend of Zelda is my all-time favorite video game series, and The Wind Waker is my favorite entry in that series. I have so many wonderful memories of the original, and to play WWHD now is such a delight. The visuals have been upgraded wonderfully. There are tons of refinements to the overall experience, and they fixed some of the biggest flaws that kept the original GameCube version from attaining the status of perfection other Zelda titles have attained. Now, with WWHD, this is a caveat-free masterpiece I'd heartily place alongside the greats like ALttP, OoT, Link's Awakening, etc. This is what remakes should be. I love it! Expand
  18. Sep 20, 2013
    Everything I disliked in this game has been replaced and now it's only a Masterpiece. After playing Skyward Sword, i can finally push a button to hit an enemy with my sword and I enjoy it!
  19. Sep 21, 2013
    Great game before and now ....master piece. Fantastic remake, improve gameplay, BSO remaster. If you not have the original game cube this game is a must have.
  20. Mar 5, 2014
    As I was playing through The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, I thought that it was all a bit too easy. Like it was just me just going through the motions. Which was fine, but I felt like it was lacking that something special. But the further I got through the game, the more I realised I couldn't have been more wrong. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is a phenomenal game with itsAs I was playing through The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, I thought that it was all a bit too easy. Like it was just me just going through the motions. Which was fine, but I felt like it was lacking that something special. But the further I got through the game, the more I realised I couldn't have been more wrong. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is a phenomenal game with its classic Zelda patterns involving a tonne of puzzles and loads of combat. It's that gentle mix of linear and open, making it alluring for those who love a good story as well as those who love to roam around. Although there is a little bit of hand-holding at times, it is generally only in times when the next step isn't so clear. As such, this did not detract from the quality of the adventure in the least. The Wind Waker HD offers many different objectives and side quests, from gathering pigs to taming seagulls to winning auctions. And every character is just bursting with flavour and personality, courtesy of the cel-shaded art style. I have played only two Zelda games prior to this one: Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword. These two and The Wind Waker HD have that elaborate adventure that binds the player to the environments with its great authenticity and depth. And its my personal opinion that The Wind Waker HD does this the best of the three. Nothing really compares to venturing on the sea like a pirate, searching for loot and invaluable objects. If a single fibre of your being is even curious about what The Wind Waker HD has to offer, buy a copy of it immediately. There is seriously no adventure like a Zelda adventure, and you will not regret getting it. Expand
  21. Oct 8, 2013
    Playing the HD remake makes me feel so old! I enjoyed the original, but have enjoyed this more. The mechanics feel a lot better then they did on the Game Cube, add in HD and you've got yourself a 10/10 remake.
  22. Jan 27, 2014
    If you didn't play this on GameCube, now's your chance. No other game comes close to the sense of adventure this one gives while sailing the vast seas. The graphics are superb and the gameplay hasn't aged at all. One of the best games of all time just got better. 10/10
  23. Sep 24, 2013
    The game is amazing and the updated visuals assures that this game will remain as one of the most beautiful for another decade. Hero Mode really adds to the challenge the game is much better with Hero Mode active. Can't give it anything less than a 10.

The adventure is filled with things to do, treasures to hunt, places to reach, and a beautiful ocean to set sail on.
  24. Oct 27, 2013
    It's hard to pinpoint favorites in a franchise as storied as The Legend of Zelda, but I think The Wind Waker HD just might be it for me. This is a delightful experience from start to finish; one which miraculously manages to capture everything that makes Zelda games great, while adding new ideas and avoiding pretty much all of the pitfalls.

The cel-shaded graphics, which were full of

The cel-shaded graphics, which were full of personality to begin with, look positively stunning in HD. More than once I stopped playing for a few moments just to gaze with awe at the gorgeous 3D cartoonish sceneries. I've seen people complaining about how one detail or another doesn't look quite as good as the Gamecube version, but I call shenanigans: the lighting is better, the colors are more vibrant, everything looks just the way it should.

The game is set on the Great Sea, which is littered by islands of all types and sizes. At first, navigation is achieved mainly through the Wind Waker, a maestro's baton that controls the winds. Soon, however, savvy players will come across a special sail that is not only faster, but dispenses the use of the Wind Waker altogether, which makes exploration even more delightful. The storyline is very poignant; a nice surprise, since Zelda games tend to repeat themselves in this regard. I won't spoil anything, but suffice it to say that there's a tragic story behing the Great Sea and its people.

The gameplay is as tight as it gets, with a fluid combat system and amazing controls for Link's inevitable arsenal of weapons (the gamepad's gyroscope, for example, lets you aim by simply tilting the controller to one side or another). The dungeons are just the right size, offering plenty of challenges but always stopping short of becoming tedious. No longer will you have to suffer through chores like Ocarina of Time's Water Temple, for example.

The sidequests follow suit. In fact, the deviations from the main storyline here might just be the best the series has ever had. One of the game's most enduring sidequests tasks you to use the pictobox (this world's version of a photo camera) to take pictures of every single character you find, including townsfolk, allies, enemies, and bosses. Those pictures can then be transformed into figurines, which will fill several thematic rooms in one of the game's islands. If you're the collector type (like myself), you'll taste a little bit of heaven every time you come across a new character or a new breed of enemy.

Finally, the game's use of the Miiverse, Nintendo's exclusive social media, is the best I've ever seen. Once you get an item called the Tingle Bottle, you get to send messages-in-a-bottle that will then be found (and hopefully replied) by other people playing the game. Your letters can contain words, pictures, and drawings, and the fun is exponentially extended by simply hunting down bottles to interact with fellow players.

I keep wanting to further defy brevity by talking about numerous other assorted details, which should tell you just how impressed I am. Boasting insane levels of personality and a vast world filled to the brim with secrets, The Wind Waker HD shows that the little Gamecube title that could is, in fact, a timeless classic.

Rating: 10.0
  25. Nov 5, 2013
    The only Zelda I never played was Wind Waker and now I get to play it like this in HD. Having completed all the Zelda games and being about 80% complete with this one I can say it is my favorite. The game looks beautiful and plays like a zelda game.
  26. Jan 1, 2015
    This is definitively the best Zelda ever ! The graphics are amazing on wide 1080p TV and no freeze at all ! I was lucky because I never really saw the Gamecub version so for me that one is new. I love the story, the background and the ambient! the best Wii U Game ever !
  27. Nov 10, 2013
    The remake of this brilliant game looks absolutely spectacular. This isn't the Zelda game I would have picked for an hd remake (Majora's Mask needs it) but I love it anyway
  28. Oct 15, 2013
    What I don't get is why this will score lower than the original ethane though it is improved on a lot of graphics to make it seem more immersive and captivating still they are both on of the best games... period.
  29. Dec 3, 2013
    Even though The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is a remake, it feels as if it was made for the Wii U system. The controls are perfect and throughout my 40 hour long adventure I barely experienced a hiccup in the control scheme. With the Wii U gamepad’s gyroscope feature you can now aim your bow, hookshot and grappling hook using motion controls and it feels very natural.
    Wind Waker is
    Wind Waker is often praised for excellent combat and quite rightly so. Slashing Moblins and stabbing Bobkoblins has never been more fun. But it’s not all just about good controls and challenging AIs that make fighting monsters as fun as it is when in battle with an enemy every hit of your sword emits a musical note which really adds to the epic and immersive combat system Wind Waker HD has to offer.

The art-style of this certain adventure was a brave move from Nintendo and is one they have never regretted and never should, although some potential customers may have been scared away by the cartoony graphics. This original game on the Gamecube is beautiful and the art-style has aged better than any other game to this date, but the graphical improvements made in this HD remake make what is already amazing into something extraordinary. I have never played a game so beautiful in my life. The textures have obviously been updated into HD (hence the title) but more importantly the lighting has added a whole new dimension to this game which adds wonderfully to the distinct atmosphere created by the vastness of the world, the many islands, the characters and every single one of them on every single island in the entire game’s backstory which is woven throughout dialogue and actions made by not just the characters themselves, but everyone around them. Nintendo has obviously put a lot of work into the adventure-filled world of flooded Hyrule and it is truly magical.
    Nintendo’s storytelling is known to be amazing and masterful and Wind Waker is no expeception. Infact, Wind Waker’s story is one of their very highly-acclaimed ones. Wind Waker is not afraid to shake things up a bit so things feel familiar yet fresh and new. There is not I can say about it without spoiling the experience for you except it is one of the best stories in a video game ever and it will stick with you after all the adventuring is done. Trust me, it’s amazing.
    The Zelda series has without doubt the best music of any video games and Wind Waker certainely doesn’t drop that trend. In fact, Wind Waker had the best music of them all. Koji Kondo’s breathtaking soundtrack will make you laugh, cry and everything in between. In this HD upgrade Nintendo has left the soundtrack untouched apart except sound is now of higher definition and I can assure you will be humming along as soon as you hear it.

The Verdict
    Wind Waker is not just a game, but an amazing experience with a hooking story which will stay with you forever, fantastic gameplay you will never get bored of, breathtaking music that you’ll never forget, and beautiful world to explore. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is the definition of what Zelda is truly about; Adventure!
  30. Sep 21, 2013
    A really beautiful work of art. Many people were wondering how you make cel animation compatible with HD. Well here you go. They also took all the flaws of the original Wind Waker and ACTUALLY addressed them. Superb. My favorite Zelda game in a VERY long time.
  31. Sep 21, 2013
    HOW REMAKES SHOULD BE MADE.

I know nintendo shouldn't be pulling a sony by releasing a bunch of straight up remakes for a console that needs exclusives but this game is jaw dropping
  32. Sep 23, 2013
    When I initially saw videos of the game, especially in comparison to the original, I hated it. Everything looked too soft, too bloomed, too foggy- all the colors that made the original different and fun seemed gone.

After starting the game, I immediately knew I'd never trust another review like that again. The colors are all there and absolutely stunning when playing on the TV. (They're still there on the gamepad, but there are small differences that can be attributed to your individual TV settings.) To say the game is gorgeous is an understatement. You get all the things that made the original stylistically great, but even better- vibrant colors, smooth and crisp lines entities, sound and music that always fit the mood, and incredibly expressive characters (Link in particular!) make this possibly the most personable and charming of the console games.

The gameplay's as solid now as it ever has been, but the more recent tweaks included really spice things up. Travel over water is now much faster and the ocean feels far less empty. For the dungeons, puzzles, and combat, not much has changed, but that's a good thing.

What has changed MOST though is the interface and controls. At first I was sort of worried about the Wii U game pad- it looked so big and clunky, but after using it for 10 minutes I fell in love- and that was just for browsing Wii U menus! Using it in game is a real treat. You have easy access to the map and item screens without ever needing to pause or wait, and the drag and drop for items is splendid. The controller feels right in the hands- it fits well and is quite light! This ties nicely into an addition they added the 3DS, and that's motion based controllers for first person views. Want to take a picture? Activate your pictograph box and hold up your game pad! It will move with you- which is even more impressive when you're playing with the game pad only. It ties into item use as well, such as the grappling hook and others, and feels much faster than regular thumb use. The only thing missing is the ability to connect a wii-remote and use it as the Wind-Waker baton!

This game is everything I wanted it to be- a direct improvement and complete remastering of the original that takes full advantage of what makes the Wii U great. It's sold me on the console's abilities and brought me back to a delightful childhood memory that seems even better the second time around. This game is a must-buy for all Legend of Zelda fans, and all those who love good old fashioned ADVENTURE.
  33. Sep 20, 2013
    The original was amazing and was filled with so much adventure. The same is true for The Wind Waker HD. Also, I love being able to play this on my Wii U as the HD remake looks spectacular.
  34. Sep 22, 2013
    Simplemente es perfecto, es adictivo y puedes visitar muchas islas y encontrar muchos tesoros en el mar. sus graficos son excelentes, aunque nunca se debe juzgar a un juego por sou graficos.
    El mejor juego de Wii U hasta la fecha.
    Es diferente a otros Zeldas, ademas que los personajes son Toon, tambien son otros y la historia cambia bastante
  35. Sep 23, 2013
    One of the greatest action/adventure games of all time back in HD, not only that but they listened to the complaints that some said about the original(i.e. sailing is boring, so they added the fastest sail). While the miiverse is kinda of annoying it's not enough to ruin the experience and there is probably a setting to turn that off somewhere.
  36. Sep 24, 2013
    Gorgeous, perfect. The pacing tweaks and gamepad functionality are greatly appreciated. The gameplay is timeless and the game features one of the best Zelda storylines.
  37. Sep 24, 2013
    Prefect Just Perfect, My favorite game of all time in HD revamped, its even better than before!
    Looks good on the TV looks good on the Gamepad 10/10 gameplay!
  38. Sep 27, 2013
    It's worth note that I never finished Wind Waker on the Gamecube. Despite being a devoted fan of the rest of the series, Wind Waker did not hold my attention through the long bouts of sailing and some z-targeting issues despite the fact that I loved the cell shaded style. So, how do I go from not even finishing a game to giving it a 10/10?

The gamepad. Every complaint I have with this

The gamepad. Every complaint I have with this game is immediately resolved by the gamepad. Your inventory, the save button, your map, tingle bottle messages, all of it is right there in front of you on the gamepad. This streamlines the process of trudging through dungeons or crossing the sea.

Visually, the game is a delight. If you turn up the volume, you'll also note that the music has been re-recorded by what sounds like a live orchestra. The story is pretty familiar if you have played any Zelda game in the past, but it does the trick. Controls are solid and while the pro control can be used for this tile, I can't imagine doing so when the gamepad adds so much.

Finally, the online community. The camera item you receive, in a genius move by Nintendo, allows you to take "selfies" of Link. This has led to a large number of Link "selfies" being shared over the miiverse by players usually accompanied by amusing taglines. This makes the message in a bottle system in the game half the fun of playing the game.

td;lr Wind Waker for the Gamecube was low on my list of favorite Zelda titles. The HD re-release ranks up with Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, no question. If you have been holding off on buying a Wii U until THE game comes out for it, this is THE game.
  39. Sep 27, 2013
    WOW! The game looks beautiful. It sounds beautiful. It plays beautiful..ly. This classic feels modern and has been a whole lot of fun. One of the few games that absolutely deserves a 10/10. I was a bit reluctant about the "bloom" effect because it looks like way too much in all the screenshots, but in game I don't notice. Everything looks just right.
  40. Sep 29, 2013
    Great game, if you played the original on gc you can consider the idea of ​​not buying it, otherwise this is a great opportunity to play this fantastic game!
  41. Nov 19, 2013
    One of the only actual "HD" remakes that shows actual graphical improvement, game was still great and fun minor tweaks such as the quick sail and the changes to the Triforce shard collection make the game better than the original. Much HD, Such Wow.
  42. Oct 4, 2013
    This isn't just a simple HD port, this is a game that has been lovingly remastered to improve on almost every aspect of the original. There's no reason not to experience this game again.
  43. Oct 8, 2013
    this is the best game i might buy this game with the wiiu in 2 more weeks. this is the best because it comes with full download of the book,Hyrule Historia
  44. Oct 13, 2013
    Just a great game, with lots of content and beautiful colorful visuals.

The graphics are fresh, and the gameplay is excellent. The use of the GamePad really makes the game more enjoyable.

TEN OUT OF TEN.
  45. Oct 18, 2013
    zelda wind waker is one of the best Zelda games ever created, the original game for the gamecube was already fantastic gameplay, grafics and story now on WiiU zelda still impeccable, everything in the gameis very impressive
    nintendo once again surprising everyone
    you need to buy this game
  46. Oct 18, 2013
    The lip animation in this remake has improved since the Game Cube version. I can tell the developers put a lot of time and effort into their lip animation.
  47. Oct 20, 2013
    As an Original Gamecube owner (that's right, O.G. status here, holla) I can say when I got Wind Waker and threw it in expecting a childish experience and a tried and true yet slightly boring system, what I got in return was a visual, emotional, and most importantly awe inspiring slap in the face from the Great Glory that is known as Zelda: Wind Waker. I loved it back then, and obviously,As an Original Gamecube owner (that's right, O.G. status here, holla) I can say when I got Wind Waker and threw it in expecting a childish experience and a tried and true yet slightly boring system, what I got in return was a visual, emotional, and most importantly awe inspiring slap in the face from the Great Glory that is known as Zelda: Wind Waker. I loved it back then, and obviously, that would entail that I would love an HD remake.

That being said, the Wii U version takes that "slap" in the face I got, reinforces it with titanium/carbon fiber mesh, attach atomic rocket boots to it and adds a giant balls-kicking device. The visuals are flat out unbelievable, even if you are not a fan of cel-shaded games, you will be delightfully impressed with what appears to be almost next-gen graphics and effecs. There isn't a single thing that hasn't been re-done, so you are looking at the beautiful island in full-on arse kicking awesomemode.

GAMEPLAY:
    I feel like saying anything about the gameplay would be redundant, but the one thing I will say is the game controls don't just transfer perfectly to the Wii U/Wii controllers, but if you are using a GamePad as the controller (which, im assuming 99.7% are) it has actually vastly IMRPOVED on the control scheme. Items are at the touch of a button, everything is super accessible and you'll be surprised at the amount of work they put in just on modifying the control scheme/gameplay around the GamePad at all.

SOUND:
    Obligatory "OMG the sound has been WONDERFULLY redone!"

VERDICT:

This game is GLORIOUS.
    This has is PERFECT
    This game is GAMING on another level.
    This is an EXPERIENCE you will never forget.

Take those four capitalized words and you got the truth.

TL;DR yes, but, truth.
  48. Oct 30, 2013
    The definite version of one of the greatest games of all time. A classic game that will be forever a gem in the nintendo gallery. A must-have game for everyone.
  49. Nov 3, 2013
    LoZ WW is amazing!!The graphics are better then the gamecube.Gameplay is still great and the music is still awesome.Like I waited for awhile till this came out and its still as fun as I remember.The game is so colourful and bright....but it can be dark and kinda creepy.You have a huge sea to explore like get it.Its awesome.
  50. Nov 6, 2013
    This games has brought back many happy memories of the simple days of gaming.

Both my young children absolutely love it. Even my Wii U hating Sony chipped friend admitted it looked good, sounded great and played well.

Great job Nintendo please please follow this with more great HD classics.
  51. Mar 16, 2014
    This improves on the original in every way. The original was already worth AT LEAST a 9, so it follows that this is a 10. I couldn't ask for a better remake of a classic Zelda adventure. Everyone should get an opportunity to play this game, even if you've never played a Zelda game in your life.

Like an LoZ game, there is a huge amount of bang for your buck. This game will last many hours, and while it isn't perfect, it gets about as close as you can get.
  52. Nov 18, 2013
    When I got to play this again, it brought back warm memories. This game is almost as good as OOT in my opinion. It is even better with graphics, but it does not really matter because I am so happy to see these characters again. For gamers new to Zelda, you should get this game as soon as possible. I love how the games were always tough to beat, and the game is long yet entertaining. Also,When I got to play this again, it brought back warm memories. This game is almost as good as OOT in my opinion. It is even better with graphics, but it does not really matter because I am so happy to see these characters again. For gamers new to Zelda, you should get this game as soon as possible. I love how the games were always tough to beat, and the game is long yet entertaining. Also, as you go along, you improve your skill in accuracy and awareness.F.F.O.Z, Forever Fan of Zelda. Welcome to the club. Expand
  53. Nov 26, 2013
    Amazing graphics fun gameplay................................................................................................................................
  54. Dec 3, 2015
    This game man. This game. Could consider it either tied for my favourite Zelda game with Twilight Princess, or at least second or third favourite.

Graphics - amazing. Yeah the Wii U is not powerful at all, yada yada, but this art style is timeless. So charming and just beautiful. Had to stop and admire the eye candy many times during my playthrough. Story - emotional, funny, but also

Story - emotional, funny, but also bittersweet (mainly talking about the ending here). The concept of Hyrule being flooded lends itself to some great storytelling, and the characterisation of most characters is so well done. Link, Tetra, Ganondorf, and Medli stand out to me.

Gameplay - your typical Zelda experience, which means great puzzles and item usage followed with engaging combat. Never was bored of whacking enemies (except those goddamn magician-bird thingos).

So yeah, overall, I just wish that I could have played WW as a kid on GameCube, had I had one. I mean, seriously, I'm gonna be thinking about it for a long time. Thank the heavens for The Legend of Zelda.
  55. Jan 6, 2014
    So much fun great throwback to the original and it stays true to the original game while slightly Improving the mechanics
    While incorporating the wii u remotes second screen as a inventory allowing smooth swapping of items in fights with great sword mechanics best of any of the Zelda games and brilliant boss fights with a game that does require lots of open world exploration and it may at some points require a walkthrough to complete.
    But just in case you find it too easy still there is a hero mode with double damage and no recovery hearts.
    Great game definitely recommend
  56. Dec 11, 2013
    This game is an instant classic. I played it on GameCube and have not touched it since but have been simply blown away by the gorgeous HD graphics. I cannot wait to see what else Nintendo does with Zelda in HD.
  57. Dec 14, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is just one of those games that bursts with adventure. This is by far the best Legend of Zelda game I have ever played. If you get this game, it will be extremely hard to put it down. Since this is my first game review on here... I may have gotten the Review Score wrong. If I did. I meant to put a 10!
  58. Dec 25, 2013
    //French//
    //French//
    C'est tout simplement le meilleur jeux auquel j'ai jamais jouer, et chaque fois que j'y retourne, c'est un pur bonheur et c'est encore mieux avec la version HD. Le remake remet jour les graphismes et l'interface, mais sans rien dénaturer aux textures de la version originale et que dire des bandes-son! 10/10 amplement mérité et je dois dire que c'est ce jeu qui m'a fait acheter (avec regret) la WiiU
  59. Dec 29, 2013
    Wind Waker is one of the best games of all time. The story is touching, the characters are memorable, the game play is addictive, and it's so replay-able. There's tons to do in Zelda's literal biggest over-world, the dungeons are huge, the bosses are the best, and the items all get their love and care. This is easily a console seller. The graphics, by the way, are the best on the GameCubeWind Waker is one of the best games of all time. The story is touching, the characters are memorable, the game play is addictive, and it's so replay-able. There's tons to do in Zelda's literal biggest over-world, the dungeons are huge, the bosses are the best, and the items all get their love and care. This is easily a console seller. The graphics, by the way, are the best on the GameCube and are great on the Wii U. Buy this game. If it were $100 more, it'd still be well worth the money. Expand
  60. PMG
    Jan 25, 2014
    I love this game! The art style allows the characters to show off so much color, the swift sail is a must have and the use of the Game pad speeds up the pace of the game. Plus the shortening of the Triforce hunt saved us from some of the worst hours of the game. Dispite what people might say, i think this is one of the best games ever made.
  61. Jan 14, 2014
    this game has a great story and so many people ditch it and talk about thinking they know the game but if they knew the game they would know that its one of the best games of all time youre afraid just because of the graphics and the fact that its new, i think that this game is wonderful and it has a good story and is probably one of the best ever ,the end period.
  62. Mar 11, 2014
    One of the best Wii U games, and legend of zelda games, i've ever played. Truly a cult classic, beautifully remastered for the 8th generation of consoles, all while keeping the original feeling of the game intact, even improving it a little bit. Although i've never played the original GameCube version, i can clearly see that even back in its original years, this game was great. As for theOne of the best Wii U games, and legend of zelda games, i've ever played. Truly a cult classic, beautifully remastered for the 8th generation of consoles, all while keeping the original feeling of the game intact, even improving it a little bit. Although i've never played the original GameCube version, i can clearly see that even back in its original years, this game was great. As for the tweaking, from what i've read, there were a few annoying things the original game had, like the whole triforce charts thing. However, Nintendo has tweaked the game to perfection, making it even better than it was before.

A wonderful sequel to Ocarina of Time, this game is one any fan of the Legend of zelda games should get.
  63. Feb 25, 2014
    I'll be honest, I skipped out GameCube when it came out because I was still playing the N64. However, that means that my experience of The Wind Waker HD had no nostalgia, yet it still was an amazing experience.
  64. Feb 24, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda game with the most memorable characters made almost perfect with some amazing lightning effects and HD textures. For those who have played the original I don't need to mention how great this game is. For those who have never played the game and want to call themselves gamers, you owe it to yourselves to play this game. It's beautiful, calming, just magnificent.
  65. Mar 11, 2014
    A fantastic adventure that feels as current, if not even more, then the actual games of today. Looks and play great. Probably the best The Legend of Zelda to date.
  66. Apr 20, 2014
    This isn't just an ordinary remake. This is the single best remake I have ever played. Showing off beautiful 1080p there are no complaints for this. Though it is not my favorite Wii U game, it comes in a close second
  67. Nov 2, 2016
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.5 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.5 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

First: i´m not a cel shading fan. Of course i´m not saying that it´s bad, and it isn´t. Sometimes it´s beautiful. Second: i love zelda, and in that time i really wanted a realistic zelda. After all this game is big because it proved by itself that it´s a masterpiece. Nintendo proved with this game that it´s a company apart from the rest and i explain why: 10 years later i played this game on WiiU and the feeling was... Breathtaking
  68. Jun 5, 2014
    An easier game in the Legend of Zelda franchise, but still extremely fun. The game-pad was very useful and cool as it was used for your map and items and so you didn't need to pause the game and go to a separate screen just to check the map quick or switch an item. Anyone from any age would enjoy this game.
  69. Jul 7, 2014
    This game takes Wind Waker and smooths out the few rough edges. Wind Waker on the GameCube was already incredible, and now it's even better, this is in contention for the best Zelda game ever, this game is a must play.
  70. Jul 23, 2014
    A fantastic game that will give you extreme nostalgia. Great for Zelda beginners, and a little, fun, and quirky break for serious Zelda gamers. Really fun. The camera views are awesome, and gameplay is never too hard or boring. This would be number one recommended Wii U game, definitely.
  71. Jul 31, 2014
    The original game was one of my favourites on the Gamecube. This remake recaptures the magic and looks a lot better on my TV than the old gamecube one does!
  72. Aug 16, 2014
    I believe that this is the single best Zelda game ever. Forget a Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, this is what Zelda should be like. By far my favorite game on Wii u (and I have A LOT of games), and a must-buy for anyone seeking an adventure. The dungeons are clever, the atmosphere is great, the world is huge, the items are cool, the story is memorable, and most ofI believe that this is the single best Zelda game ever. Forget a Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, this is what Zelda should be like. By far my favorite game on Wii u (and I have A LOT of games), and a must-buy for anyone seeking an adventure. The dungeons are clever, the atmosphere is great, the world is huge, the items are cool, the story is memorable, and most of all, the exploration never ends. Buy it now! Expand
  73. Oct 19, 2014
    The original was already my favorite Zelda ever, but they found a way to improve it in the remake. the graphics are the BEST hands down graphics I've seen in 8th generation. and the lack of triforce chart hunts takes away the back and forth I found annoying in the original.
  74. Aug 30, 2014
    This game is absolutely fantastic. I love this game. It is fun, the graphics is good and the story is very fun. If you really want a good adventure, this is the game for you.
  75. Sep 2, 2014
    first this game is the best zelda game I've played the great open sea the nice dungeons the beautiful graphics awesome gameplay all together combine in this one masterpiece
  76. Sep 15, 2014
    There's nothing to say about Wind Waker that hasn't been said before.
    With this remake, the game looks even more beautiful, the audio is even higher quality and the slight issues it had before are fixed.
    There's nothing to say about Wind Waker that hasn't been said before.
    However, there were some other issues I had with it: I was a bit confused by the item-screen on the gamepad, and changing items using the touchpad scared me since I felt like I was scratching the screen trying to move the items. Just nitpicking. I like the idea but in my case it slowed me down a little. Also, aiming with the WiiU-gamepad was kind of difficult and left you vulnerable for slightly longer than necessary.
    Other than that, the new controls worked fine (although naturally it confused me at first, as someone used to playing it on the GameCube) and I had a blast playing it in it's new form.
    This game is special in many ways, it wasn't afraid to break new ground with it's visual artstyle back in 2002 and it looks fantastic in HD. The battles run smooth and are immensely fun, and the bosses are just as great. Sailing is faster, the part of the game labeled as the most tedious is shortened, and the newly added Tingle Bottles are a nice touch that I like way better than the Tingle Tuner.
    In conclusion, Wind Waker HD is worth its price. The developers took an already marvelous game and sprinkled some extra gloriousness on top of it.
    I can definitely recommend it.
  77. Oct 31, 2014
    It is unbelievable this game, which was made on the GameCube, only needed and hd remake to make it comparable to even the best games of today. Practically flawless. A must own for everybody on planet Earth. This one game, makes the wii u worth buying. A timeless masterpiece.
  78. Jun 1, 2015
    This game is amazing. Now I am not a diehard Zelda fan but I have played quite a few Zelda games before in my life and I have never had as much fun as this. The story is amazing, the art style is amazing, the feel is amazing, what else can I say? This is a must buy for anyone who owns a Wii U, 10/10.
  79. Dec 5, 2014
    Probably the best HD remake game I have ever played with some great improvements and beautiful HD graphics, in short it was amazing game on the gamecube and it's even better now on the Wii U
  80. Feb 7, 2015
    Without a doubt one of the best games ever. And probably the best remake ever, too. Everything also appears fixed in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD. The graphics are incredible, the story is amazing and the gameplay is fun and exciting. A true Wii U masterpiece. 10/10
  81. Dec 22, 2014
    Simple put.. absolutely amazing. They fixed everything wrong with the first game to make it into an even more enjoyable experience. It's so beautiful and has amazing dungeon exploring and puzzle solving. I also love Wind Waker's open world.
  82. Dec 29, 2014
    A classic revisited. It is true that The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD was an time buyier for the Zelda fans until the Wii U exclusive, but the visuals, the Miiverse incursion, and the happiness to sail again in this big sea makes a delicious adventure cake. If you didnt played the Game Cube version, this is your chance to face one of the best games of the franchise.
  83. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  84. Mar 16, 2015
    Eigentlich wusste ich schon etwaig , wie die Story ablaufen wird , da ich schon ein Let's Play dazu angeschaut habe , trotzdem konnte mich das Spiel dermaßen überzeugen in Punkto Freiheit und Gameplay , dass ich einfach 10 Punkte hergeben musste . Dieses Game steht auf Platz 5 meiner Top Zeldas , was aber eher positiv gesehen werden sollte ;) Das einzigste , was wirklich genervt hat , warEigentlich wusste ich schon etwaig , wie die Story ablaufen wird , da ich schon ein Let's Play dazu angeschaut habe , trotzdem konnte mich das Spiel dermaßen überzeugen in Punkto Freiheit und Gameplay , dass ich einfach 10 Punkte hergeben musste . Dieses Game steht auf Platz 5 meiner Top Zeldas , was aber eher positiv gesehen werden sollte ;) Das einzigste , was wirklich genervt hat , war das Geisterschiff zu finden . Die Triforcesuche wurde zwar verbessert , aber das hat mich dann schon echt aufgeregt . Neue Features wie das rote Segel oder die Tingleflaschen haben den Spielverlauf spannender und flüssiger gemacht , also kann ich nur sagen , dass dies ein gelungener Port war ^-^ Expand
  85. Aug 20, 2015
    Incredible game. Gameplay is gripping until the end, open world feature is outstanding. For every gamer, not just Zelda fans. This game inspired me to take an interest in Zelda and I am now a fan! :D
  86. Jul 8, 2016
    El concepto de belleza hecho videojuego. Una aventura llena de sentimientos y épica con tu barquito navegando por el mar, descubriendo hasta el último rincón de cada isla. Una narrativa genial, jugabilidad digna de la saga Zelda y ciertas mejoras respecto al original.
  87. Sep 18, 2015
    This game is perfect in every way. The graphics are beautiful, the dungeons are epic, the characters are awesome, the gyro controls are seamless, and the camera controls like butter. It is amazing. If you played the original Wind Waker then go get this game it will bring back some memories. This is a must have.
  88. Dec 14, 2015
    i don't understand people caring as much about graphics as they do these days. i mean, i like looking at pretty things too, but, seriously, no one should ever demand for a game to look better than this. it is gorgeous, colorful, fun, outstanding. even the long stretches you spend sailing alone, which had to be put there in order for the game to load areas before you get to them, i thinki don't understand people caring as much about graphics as they do these days. i mean, i like looking at pretty things too, but, seriously, no one should ever demand for a game to look better than this. it is gorgeous, colorful, fun, outstanding. even the long stretches you spend sailing alone, which had to be put there in order for the game to load areas before you get to them, i think work in the game's advantage. this feels like a real adventure, and sometimes you're alone and lost in a huge ocean. may be the closest i've ever felt to being a hero. Expand
  89. Feb 16, 2016
    The definitive way to play The Wind Waker: 105 out of 100. Bonus points for making the classic graphics look even more crisp and clean, Miiverse pictures that to this day are relevant on the internet, faster travel for those who thought the boat was too slow. Classic story-line that parallels its predecessors. Intense game-play that requires quick reaction time. Suspenseful story.The definitive way to play The Wind Waker: 105 out of 100. Bonus points for making the classic graphics look even more crisp and clean, Miiverse pictures that to this day are relevant on the internet, faster travel for those who thought the boat was too slow. Classic story-line that parallels its predecessors. Intense game-play that requires quick reaction time. Suspenseful story. Innovative artwork. Distinct characters. Side stories worth completing. Fun mini-games! THE CONTENT IS OUT OF CONTROL! In such a meticulous way that will keep its relevance throughout years and years to come! Expand
  90. Mar 13, 2016
    One of the best games ever i love it its a mix between cartoon and hd grafics with new things and a great adventure , this game is better than art all looks awesome
  91. Apr 15, 2016
    Excelente Juego por donde se le vea, gran historia, apartado artístico impecable, implementación de novedades estupenda... Sin duda alguna una maravillosa forma de traer a las nuevas generaciones esta magnifica obra... Una vez mas Nintendo demuestra que se puede mejorar lo que se pensaba inmejorable...
  92. Apr 22, 2016
    Yes, its way to late to say this, and no i do not care. Reviews are not about timing, its about REVIEWING.
    When I first saw the Wind Waker at age 5, i was obsessed. it was my first zelda game, and thus the bias is real. Little did i know, nintendo was going to make the game look better. The only question i had was HOW? how could it look any better? Then i saw it, and it hit me like a train. immediately, the game looked absolutley beautiful. And still does. the gameplay, textures, and character models are a classic case of: 'if it aint broke, don't fix it.' However, the sailing has been, rather fitingly, fixed in every way. New features, including off- tv play, are more than welcome and result in a perfect blend of a nostalgic and fresh experience.
  93. Sep 18, 2016
    This is my favorite Zelda games currently. Awesome graphic, awesome controlls (even I prefer the Gamecube controller), awesome history (similar to Ocarina Of Time history) and awesome new implementations (like using the Game Pad to use de Bow and Hookshot). For me this is the pefect Zelda currently.
  94. May 21, 2016
    El juego es fantastico y aunque ya hayas jugado su version anterior, los pulimientos y la mayor capacidad de exploración en esta remasterizacion, te hacen querer buscar todo, aunque ya sepas que ocurrirá, tiene tan buena vista, que ya no tiene ningún pero
  95. Jun 26, 2016
    What can you say about a game that would need to follow legends like Ocarina and Majora's Mask? At first I was not convinced about the cartoon look but within a few minutes I found myself as engrossed in this game as in all of its predecessors, having played every single Zelda game there is, and played them out, this is a must have on the Wii U, you have not seen a game and how game playWhat can you say about a game that would need to follow legends like Ocarina and Majora's Mask? At first I was not convinced about the cartoon look but within a few minutes I found myself as engrossed in this game as in all of its predecessors, having played every single Zelda game there is, and played them out, this is a must have on the Wii U, you have not seen a game and how game play should be unless you have seen this game. Expand
  96. Jun 22, 2016
    This game is truly remastered, the only things I didn't like in the first version are all different now. Traveling the world is so much easier with the new features, searching for treasure and everything in general got better.
    The graphics look great, even though I remember seeing them very similar in the gamecube version.
    This game also has amazing music and great characters. A must
    This game also has amazing music and great characters. A must have for everyone.

The only thing I would've liked is to be able to see more of the underwater world. You know, if the main world is The Great Sea, being able to swim underwater and underwater places would've been great.
  97. Feb 4, 2014
    The original WW was already beautiful, and the HD remake builds up on it so much, it's almost staggering. Other than that, it's the same great game that came out on the Gamecube. The addition of Miiverse features makes sailing more entertaining - I love collecting up bottles.
  98. Nov 27, 2013
    The legend of zelda wind waker was a classic on the gamecube that was under appreciated because of its art direction,however, i was not among those who looked down on this masterpiece. Instead i gave it a try and what i discovered was an amazing game! Enter wind waker reborn on the wii u. This game is simply amazing. Everthing has been redon and refined into an almost complete package! TheThe legend of zelda wind waker was a classic on the gamecube that was under appreciated because of its art direction,however, i was not among those who looked down on this masterpiece. Instead i gave it a try and what i discovered was an amazing game! Enter wind waker reborn on the wii u. This game is simply amazing. Everthing has been redon and refined into an almost complete package! The gameplay is simple,yet enenthralling,the graphics rival an animated movie! Its everything you loved about wind waker on the gamecube plus more! The gamepad works very well with wind waker making item and weapon management a breeze. The only hiccup i have with this game is the sailing,itcan get rather tedious after awhile but dammint the ocean looks aabsolutely marvelous so there a silver lining. This game was made for nintendo fans so don't pass this classic up! 9/10 Expand
  99. Nov 2, 2013
    An absolutely fantastic game. This is one of the best looking Nintendo games to date and one of the best looking games this year. Wind Waker is the highlight of the LoZ series and the updated graphics make the experience even better. My only issues in the game are on some of Link's animations. Some of them look very stiff and don't seem updated from the Gamecube version. I would haveAn absolutely fantastic game. This is one of the best looking Nintendo games to date and one of the best looking games this year. Wind Waker is the highlight of the LoZ series and the updated graphics make the experience even better. My only issues in the game are on some of Link's animations. Some of them look very stiff and don't seem updated from the Gamecube version. I would have preferred smoother animations there. Expand
  100. Oct 16, 2013
    I never played the original but I am loving this game. The graphics look great for a remake but are still showing their age in some places (NPC character models are rough in some places you can tell that the main characters had a lot more time spent on them). A huge world to explore but the pacing of the campaign is so consistent and fun that you may forget to explore while catapultingI never played the original but I am loving this game. The graphics look great for a remake but are still showing their age in some places (NPC character models are rough in some places you can tell that the main characters had a lot more time spent on them). A huge world to explore but the pacing of the campaign is so consistent and fun that you may forget to explore while catapulting yourself towards your next goal. Countless charming characters and an unforgettable storyline make this one of my favorite entries in the series. a must own for Zelda fans but perhaps a bit pricey for ppl who are still on the fence ($50 is pretty steep for a remake). The "message in a bottle" MiiVerse functionality is fun and well implemented. Also, the selfie pics can be a lot of fun (see linkstagram on twitter). Expand

1. Jan 6, 2014
    After ten years Wind Waker is still as magical as it was when it was first released. The Wii U is all of a sudden looking like a console worth considering.
  2. Dec 12, 2013
    Fond memories of older games can oftentimes come to shatter when revisited but The Wind Waker still shines bright even after ten years. It is almost hard to believe the game is even that old. The battles, the dungeons and the sidequests are all still top notch and wrapped in timeless cartoon graphics. Have you not yet been enchanted by The Wind Waker then now is a better time than ever.
  3. Nov 10, 2013
    Wind Waker HD is a must play game not just for Zelda fans, but for every gamer.