6.8

1. Dec 14, 2013
    Wii Fit U is a game that does exactly what it sets out to do; it battles the bulge and tones those glutes! In all seriousness, Wii Fit U is largely similar to the two previous instalments on Wii. The differences, however, are significant enough to keep the game fresh namely the mini-games that involve the use of the GamePad and the inclusion of the Fit Meter as an additional peripheral. The Fit Meter works like a dream, and shows up many other pedometers on the market in doing so. Steps, calories burned, an altitude graph and a METs graph are all able to be viewed on the Fit Meter, with temperature and time also viewable. Not to mention a picture of your Mii's face with a few little animations! Sync the Fit Meter with the GamePad to view a full-colour bar graph of your energy output and altitude on the Wii U. If a calorie goal has been set for the day, and you haven't met your quota, Wii Fit U will recommend exercises you can do in-game so that your quota is met. Fit Meter Challenges allow for long-term goals by translating distances and altitudes onto famous areas and landmarks, complete with some trivia from the talking Balance Board. Wii Fit U isn't the most revolutionary fitness game, and a lot of it is rehashed from the past instalments. But that doesn't take away from the fact that this is a great game to consult about getting fit, and does little to suggest otherwise. Expand
  2. Dec 26, 2013
    This is a great fitness game. I have two 13 year old boys and a 17 year old daughter. I tried the game first and liked it, even though my balance is terrible and it rated me older than my physical age. Once my kids tried the game, and saw how cute and fun it is, it's been in daily use. All my kids and my daughter's boyfriend have accounts on it and play it together (one at a time), laughing and joking all the way.

I recommend this as a mild to moderate fitness game that's a lot of fun, gives you a wide range of fitness activities, and tracks your progress to help you meet your fitness goals. I just got the Wii U Fit Meter and it works. I can't say how well yet, but the meter is $20 and is small and discreet enough to wear at work, so I'm looking forward to carrying it all day. The price is so low, I'm not stressed about breaking or losing it.
  3. Dec 15, 2013
    I can't say I love Wii Fit U to bits, because it really hasn't changed that much, but it's still a welcomed iteration into the series. The game pad makes it a lot easier and viable to do some quick strength workouts and body tests since it isn't based off of the Wiimote's point and click interface that had many in conniptions. True, the social gym feature didn't have me on the edge of my seat, but it's a nice higher quality step up from Wii Fit Plus. Expand

1. May 11, 2014
    Wii Fit U is the second updated edition of Wii Fit. More of the same, then. Which is mainly a good thing. [Feb 2014]
  2. Mar 23, 2014
    Although it doesn't serve as a replacement for regular exercise, Wii Fit U is probably the best game in its genre, and with the existence of the Fit Meter, is a great way to keep track of and accompany daily activities.
  3. Jan 24, 2014
    If your goal is simply to be more active, of if you're just starting to dabble in dedicated personal fitness, Wii Fit U will probably fit the bill. If you're willing to put in the legwork to create a regular regimen and stick with it, you can definitely get a good workout. Anyone seeking detailed fitness guidance and structure should look elsewhere.