• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2012
7.6

1. Nov 18, 2014
    Picked this up because it was $15 and there wasn't much else to play on my wii u, even at that price I felt let down. The game feels dated and it just isn't very fun at all. Not sure why people are reviewing this one so highly....
  2. Nov 4, 2014
    pues la verdad hasta ahora es el mejor survival horror que hay no puedo encontrar otro juego que trate de hacerlo como zombieu ya que muchos tratan de hacerlo mejor pero lamentablemente zombieu les gana es una lastima que ubisoft diga que no vendio bien cuando todos sabemos que si en fin si tienes wii u y aun no lo tienes ve a buscarlo creeme vale la pena jugarlo
  3. Nov 3, 2014
    All of these big name publishers have seemed to have forgotten what Survival Horror is. Ubisoft who is among those publishers remembered for like a short period of time then immediately went full publisher retard again after the Wii U was seen as unsuccessful in their eyes.
    ZombiU is heart pounding, eerie and can be extremely tense as death in this game actually means something. If you die, you do come back, but as another survivor... and your old character is now a zombie. So if you had any attachment to your old character, you now have to kill them to get your stuff back. If you're not careful you can get jumped when you least suspect it or you can even die from a hoard mauling you to death. It's not an action game, if you're expecting to be a badass fighting hordes of the dead with chainsaws and katanas like in Left 4 Dead, you aren't going to find it. Something they could have really improved upon is the melee combat as it gets repetitive quickly and you would rather use a gun to finish off the bastard quickly even though the noise attracts more attention than its worth.
    Another thing that could have been improved upon is some of the graphics and the lighting effects, the Wii U isn't a powerhouse console but I'm pretty sure this department could have been better, but Ubisoft had to cheap out in that area. Also not sure if I missed something and it improves later on in the game but my torch is useless for seeing in the dark whereas my scanner can see a lot better and light the whole area better than my torch.

Overall this game is not bad, but not great either. It a good game to own if you like Survival Horror and aren't tired of zombies. Plus it shows Ubisoft that games like this can sell I mean with 700,000 sold to date, more than 3 Just Dance games combined I'd say this was a quiet and average success.
  4. Oct 11, 2014
    A great game wrapped up in a technical mess.

This is probably one of the best Zombie games on the market, with its atmosphere, level design etc, however the fact that you'll have to mash the bat at the enemy for almost the entire game since ammo is very scarce gets frustrating, besides that it takes literally 40 seconds or so to open some doors in the game. Would be one of my
    A great game wrapped up in a technical mess.

Would be one of my favorites if it weren't for those problems.
  5. Sep 26, 2014
    I'm wondering if people who play games on the Wii U actually play on an HDTV. The way Skyward Sword intentionally had that watermark look (which made the game look better imo) ZombiU had that "retro" survival look and it looked good on my tv. Sure at some points combat became stale or repetitive, but the real drawback to the game was the way the "quick select" buttons were laid out. ThisI'm wondering if people who play games on the Wii U actually play on an HDTV. The way Skyward Sword intentionally had that watermark look (which made the game look better imo) ZombiU had that "retro" survival look and it looked good on my tv. Sure at some points combat became stale or repetitive, but the real drawback to the game was the way the "quick select" buttons were laid out. This game does what a good Zombie survival game is supposed to do. Guess people were expecting CoD Nazi zombies. Glad I picked this game up. Expand
  6. Sep 22, 2014
    Despite some glitches and below standard graphics,ZombiU is a worthy survival horror game that its does it job to make your heart race and build suspense.
  7. Sep 19, 2014
    Quality, quality, quality game. Truly unique and innovative. Genuinely scary. This is a must-have game on the Wii U. There are no other games like it on any platform.

It's not a run-and-gun zombie shooting game, like basically every other zombie game, but a real survival game. You rarely use guns, ammo is severely limited. Your main weapon is a cricket bat. It's more about wondering if there is a zombie around the corner... or worse, more than 1 (you rarely survive encounters with 3 or more zombies). The lighting is fantastic as you can see almost nothing, so have to use your gamepad (which acts as a scanner) to see some rooms. This all adds to the creepyness of the game.

It can get incredibly creepy if you play in the dark, especially at the times when you have to look at the gamepad (e.g., for hunting around in the backpack or lockpicking) and then you look up to see a zombie staring at you in the face.

And, just now, I had a situation where someone else playing their game affected mine - my character died, so my new character had to go and retrieve their backpack from the (now zombiefied old character).... Only thing is, by the time I got there, some other player killed them first and took everything! All my guns, medpacs, grenades, etc. These are NOT easy to find, and I had them for 10 hours of the game up until that point! That means I am now far in the game, but have almost no items, thus making it 10x harder. I've never seen this in a game before, and is very cool. It means you really do not want to die, as you could lose everything.

The only issue I have had with this game are the loading screens (which aren't Lego City Undercover terrible).

Honestly, though, this is a very underrated game. I don't even like zombie games, but this is great. You will not be disappointed. What a great game!
  8. Aug 31, 2014
    ZombiU is a very refreshing game, that deserves being praised a lot more than it was. Don't expect to be running around blasting zombies with a rocket launcher! No, you'll be slowly moving in dark corridors, checking every corner, and praying you won't run into a pack of zombies because you are almost out of ammo... There is a lot of tension, as the game is unforgiving and a small mistakeZombiU is a very refreshing game, that deserves being praised a lot more than it was. Don't expect to be running around blasting zombies with a rocket launcher! No, you'll be slowly moving in dark corridors, checking every corner, and praying you won't run into a pack of zombies because you are almost out of ammo... There is a lot of tension, as the game is unforgiving and a small mistake can get you killed (and the death mechanics are really cool, putting high pressure in the recovery of your former self's gear). A really great game if you're up to a (scary) challenge! Expand
  9. Jul 19, 2014
    I can't remember playing a game that keeps you on edge more than this. It isn't perfect by any means but the experience of playing it is top notch. Using headphones amplifies that feeling of terror as you hear zombies lurking or coming for you. Ubisoft uses the gamepad as well as any game thus far. It could use more polish and refinement but graphically it was very good. They definitelyI can't remember playing a game that keeps you on edge more than this. It isn't perfect by any means but the experience of playing it is top notch. Using headphones amplifies that feeling of terror as you hear zombies lurking or coming for you. Ubisoft uses the gamepad as well as any game thus far. It could use more polish and refinement but graphically it was very good. They definitely took some shortcuts with the routes you needed to take to get to places looking too similar. It is a must own game for the Wii U though and really..only a couple stupid reviews (IGN) keep this score down. It's a solid 8 overall but a 9 for the Wii U. Expand
  10. Jul 15, 2014
    Much better than I thought it would be! ZombiU is a slow paced survival horror and it is pretty fun. I am a huge Resident Evil fan and if you like the old games, you will like this game. If you like the old Resident Evil games, you may not want to get it. What I like is that anything is a threat. One bite can kill you. I also like that you can return to your zombified character, kill it,Much better than I thought it would be! ZombiU is a slow paced survival horror and it is pretty fun. I am a huge Resident Evil fan and if you like the old games, you will like this game. If you like the old Resident Evil games, you may not want to get it. What I like is that anything is a threat. One bite can kill you. I also like that you can return to your zombified character, kill it, and get your stuff back. I also like the competitive split screen co-op. I really dislike that it lags a lot and you can't do online multiplayer. Also the game is extremely slow. Not survival horror slow, REALLY slow. ZombiU gets a 7/10 Expand
  11. Jul 11, 2014
    No Other Game Like It On Consoles Or PC. Now I Find Every Other Game To Be Irrelevant To Me. Zombi U Has Extremely Fun Gameplay. Cricket Bat is utterly boring. But I manage to go through most of the game without it. BECAUSE I MANAGE. I PREPARE. AND THATS WHAT THIS GAME TEACHES YOU. PREPARATION. USE NEW METHODS. SURVIVE.

The story builds up at a very good pace, but what lies under it is

The story builds up at a very good pace, but what lies under it is a great amount of subtext.

I'm just going to say... best game made by Ubisoft to date.
  12. Jul 11, 2014
    I would rate the scare factor up there with Fatal Frame. I would rate the zombie content next to Resident Evil. I felt that the game play was satisfactory and the graphics were good, not great, but definitely solid. The bugs have been fixed as far as I can tell. I have never encountered any except for when I phased through a gate getting an item. I didn't mind though because it saved meI would rate the scare factor up there with Fatal Frame. I would rate the zombie content next to Resident Evil. I felt that the game play was satisfactory and the graphics were good, not great, but definitely solid. The bugs have been fixed as far as I can tell. I have never encountered any except for when I phased through a gate getting an item. I didn't mind though because it saved me time walking the long way around to get it lol. The game is slow, that is until you learn how to play it. The slow pace builds suspense. It is an intense game and I love it. On my second play through I figured out how to use crawl points and bottle necks to kill zombies easier. I've also found explosives in the areas I can shoot to kill more zombies, learned how to use the flares, mines, and molotov cocktails. The thing is you need to learn how to survive and once you do this game becomes awesome and allows for multiple strategies. Most people I've seen play this hate it because they don't understand it and how to play it properly. It is not a FPS run and gun. You have to think about your next move if you want to survive. Expand
  13. Jul 7, 2014
    One of the few modern day survival horror games. It is thrilling, intense and you will die.

If you can look past the obvious flaws you will find a great and terrifying experience
  14. Jul 5, 2014
    This is exactly what a wii u game should play like , it utilizes the gamepad perfectly and its an also very fun survivor horror first person shooter , lots of weapons to choose from , zombies to kill , and hidden paths everywhere , it was a great launch title , nowadays you can get it for 20$ and its worth every penny
  15. Jun 5, 2014
    I bought this at launch along with New Super Mario and CoD Black Ops 2. I played this through over and over again. Whenever I tried the other games I got bored and went back to ZombiU. I have no idea how people can hate on this. I imagine they were brought up on modern games that are really just linear movie like experiences with save points every two minutes.

My wife actually loves

My wife actually loves watching me play ZombiU and will bribe me to play it just so she can watch.
  16. May 4, 2014
    ZombiU is an amazing Zombie Survival horror game. Call me a fanboy, but I love the survival element in the game. What people don't like in it is that it's actually challenging. Every corner, every street and every hallway can have a painful death. Its scary, quick paced and the local multiplayer is fun! The big problem I had was the lack of weapons. Really, all I need is a shotgun and aZombiU is an amazing Zombie Survival horror game. Call me a fanboy, but I love the survival element in the game. What people don't like in it is that it's actually challenging. Every corner, every street and every hallway can have a painful death. Its scary, quick paced and the local multiplayer is fun! The big problem I had was the lack of weapons. Really, all I need is a shotgun and a pistol, but you get the idea. It needed a lot more weapons. Not coming from a "fanboy" perspective...I just liked the challenge. ZombiU gets 9/10. Expand
  17. Apr 21, 2014
    I don't understand how this game is so underrated. It's the return of the classic horror games. I haven't played something this scary since the first Silent Hill titles. It's a very good game considering that it is a launch title. The atmosphere is very well done, it has one of the best GamePad uses yet and even tough it doesn't have online multiplayer, you can find your friends in theI don't understand how this game is so underrated. It's the return of the classic horror games. I haven't played something this scary since the first Silent Hill titles. It's a very good game considering that it is a launch title. The atmosphere is very well done, it has one of the best GamePad uses yet and even tough it doesn't have online multiplayer, you can find your friends in the game if the have played it and interact with them in some way ;). It's a fantastical game. Short but from my point of view a very good experience. If you have a Wii U and you haven't played it yet, I don't know what are you waiting for. You can find it now anywhere for less than 10€. Expand
  18. Mar 24, 2014
    I have to be honest, when I got this game I didn't really expect much. I read some reviews about it and i heard mixed reactions. Some people loved it while some despised it. It's not until I started playing it for myself that I developed my own opinion.
    At first the game starts of a bit slow. The controls take some getting use to and you only have the cricket bat. Which is fun, don't get me wrong. But you crave for a weapon after a while.
    But ones I started getting a hang of it it turned out to be pretty good. This game is very tense. I think that even the most hardened of gamers will get some scares out of it.
    Once you start finding weapons and upgrading them the game gets pretty addicting.
    There are definitely some great moments in this game like when you go into The Royal Safe for example.
    I appreciate what Ubisoft did with this game. It's not just a mindless shoot-em up game like Dead Island or Left4Dead. It's everything a survival-horror stands for. If you're not into slower but creepier games than this isn't your game. It got overlooked in my opinion. If you have a WiiU and haven't played this game for some reason, do so. Trust me, you won't regret it. Especially considering it goes around for 10 euros nowadays. This game deserves a bit more credit.
  19. Mar 14, 2014
    I absolutely love Zombi U. Don't expect a game where you'll be immersed in some incredible storyline and lovable characters-this game isn't really about that. It's all about creating a terrifying atmosphere where you feel really alone and where you get legitimately scared and panicked when a group of zombies comes out of nowhere. Sometimes I find myself fumbling through my inventoryI absolutely love Zombi U. Don't expect a game where you'll be immersed in some incredible storyline and lovable characters-this game isn't really about that. It's all about creating a terrifying atmosphere where you feel really alone and where you get legitimately scared and panicked when a group of zombies comes out of nowhere. Sometimes I find myself fumbling through my inventory haphazardly when I'm caught off guard by zombies because I wasn't prepared for it. It's a rush! I even start shooting poorly because I'm so panicked. It's just plain creepy and unpredictable. Best part about it is that once you die, you start as a new survivor with hardly any supplies (I'm sure you knew that). But that makes me try SO HARD to stay alive, making any zombie encounter terrifyingly realistic. Most first person shooters can't create those types of emotions because you know you'll just respawn again in a location right near where you died and you don't have anything to lose. Not in Zombi U. Survival means everything. Highly recommended. Expand
  20. Feb 28, 2014
    By the way, you can piss off wth stupid, futile, invisible assistant. He's not only a ball buster but a morale destroyer as well. He doesn't help. When does he help? Exactly. Other than scanning doors and **** constantly about cameras and good riddance if a survivor dies because the makers of this program basically sat around a conference table and decided "what if we made a zombie firstBy the way, you can piss off wth stupid, futile, invisible assistant. He's not only a ball buster but a morale destroyer as well. He doesn't help. When does he help? Exactly. Other than scanning doors and **** constantly about cameras and good riddance if a survivor dies because the makers of this program basically sat around a conference table and decided "what if we made a zombie first person shooter that could become uh......"the most unbeatable" in the WORLD." We'll be rich by Xmas next year for gods sake people will clamber for it just to prove they can do it!, the American market is ours! Sound familiar? I think so.
    And no. Give a challenge, but you gotta play fair. Otherwise, it's not a real game. It's a joke.
  21. Feb 27, 2014
    This is a start to what all Zombie games have been missing in my opinion. An open world first person shooter. What I am saying is that its a proper Zombie simulator with all the proper Zombie apocalypse aspects, as in limited resources, strategy and many scares. My wishes is that there could be a bit less head bashing and more shooting, slightly better graphics and online co-op play andThis is a start to what all Zombie games have been missing in my opinion. An open world first person shooter. What I am saying is that its a proper Zombie simulator with all the proper Zombie apocalypse aspects, as in limited resources, strategy and many scares. My wishes is that there could be a bit less head bashing and more shooting, slightly better graphics and online co-op play and multiplayer online play. However it is undoubtable the best Zombie survival game I have ever played, possibly the greatest Zombie game ever made. Expand
  22. Feb 26, 2014
    Use of the gamepad was intuitive, music and sound effects are well designed. I've heard multiplayer is good, but I don't play well with others so I wouldn't know.

Use of the gamepad was counter intuitive during fight sequences in that you need it to switch weapons, and for a game that punishes you for dying, it's spiteful to put you in a powerless position for even just a moment, all while trying to cover yourself on the fly with no ammunition.

In general the controls are just terrible. Let's face it, the gamepad is basically a tablet computer in your hands, and with the controls it brings your arms far enough apart that you have to get used to playing with it as if it were a standard controller and there is a comfort level you have to find in this configuration. That being said, L3 for running was truly a bad idea as L and LZ are just below it, and were constantly disrupting my progress. I had to mentally remember to keep my left index finger snuggly under L so I didn't accidentally trigger it or LZ while running, especially during the circus time trials, which are forced on you when you just think you're getting a hang of the game. The option to invert look on the game pad was a glaring omission, as I'm an old school gamer and have always used flight-sim style controls on my FPS's. Mentally switching between the two view formats was such a headache that I literally re-programmed myself to play with standard controls. It's been an adjustment that has literally re-defined how I play games now.

Graphics are substandard, with poor textures and a garish "looking through a dirty car window" aspect to them. Because of this I truly wasn't scared, feeling as if I was watching some animated Zombie movie where poorly rendered dead things were being thrust at me.

Zombi U is blessed with at least one horrible programming snafu, such as when I was locked in a safe room in Buckingham Palace and was unable to do anything but quit my game and lose all my progress. Load times are also questionable.

Logic seems to be an option in this world, as you are left with nothing when you reincarnate and you start at level 1, but your weapons retain their upgrades and you always have a pistol and a bat. Additionally, zombies are typically lumbering unfocused creatures. Regardless of this fact, in Zombi U they keep up with you at an irritating rate, even when you run. They might as well be alive.

Disappointing character development puts a damper on the emotional draw of the game. The Prepper seems to be in his own little world, eventually falling under the illusion I'm working against him. The doctor in Buckingham Palace has an interesting flare, but his character is so undeveloped that we don't really care when his predicament comes to a dead end. Finally there are these spoken messages throughout the game that are intended to engage the player in the evolution of the "Blight", but they seem more like sprigs of parsley on a dinner plate; sure you can eat them but they are hardly satisfying. All of these factors augment the feeling that you're not interacting with anything, just running around bashing Zombies.

While I don't mind the next aspect so much, game play has been compared to Metroid where you backtrack for additional items and clues, and Zombi U is all about retracing your steps. But at least Metroid has tight controls that give you a fighting chance and doesn't compound the punishments if you don't play the game a specific way, such as this game where if you fail to survive during the final sequence, your shortcuts are removed.

While you're free to travel almost anywhere in London, I would have suggested a better chronological flow to the game, where we experience the passage of day and night, such as in Skyrim. I think this urgency to get under cover when night falls would have added an amazing dimension to the game, but time seems to be a prisoner along with us, where it's always night or always day depending on where you're at.

Some have said the game should be looked at as true survival horror but even the original "Resident Evil" gave you a save system to fall back on, Zombi U gives you a learning curve for wrapping your head around the idea that you are playing a body, not a character, even though they all have names. If they die, you can move onto the next one so having any feelings for these automatons is pointless. Yeah, it probably looked good on paper, but I think just like the lack of connection with the Prepper, all of these elements enhance ones indifference to the experience, and it totally works against the game.

A challenge for many and I do respect that, Zombie U is definitely a game that will monopolize your mind and give you plenty of work to do to get through it, but it could easily have been put on a mobil device and called "Bash the Zombies" and would have been just as effective.

FHP
  23. Feb 19, 2014
    This game certainly deserved better reviews than what it got. The controls were frustrating at first, but then I actually grew to like the sense of limited movement. Its not like CoD at all. It feels like you are actually controlling a human body and all the physical limitations that entails. It contributes greatly to the frantic, scrambling, survival sense. The game has some genuineThis game certainly deserved better reviews than what it got. The controls were frustrating at first, but then I actually grew to like the sense of limited movement. Its not like CoD at all. It feels like you are actually controlling a human body and all the physical limitations that entails. It contributes greatly to the frantic, scrambling, survival sense. The game has some genuine fright to it and has a 2 player mode that is not only funny, but also creative and extremely entertaining. I wouldve liked to see more options with melee combat besides a single weapon (a cricket bat) since you are very limited on ammo, but I think Ubisoft did a great thing with this game, and I would love to see a sequel where they refine some of these issues. Expand
  24. Feb 8, 2014
    ZombiU is a great game, but not the amazing game every nintendo fan claims it is. This game was hyped beyond belief, and the story mode is ok. However, I love the multiplayer mode and would have bought the game just for that if it had online (which unfortunately it doesn't).
  25. Jan 29, 2014
    one of the least games that should get a chance

zombie u is one the eh games but a good game that has flaws but not bad game
    the thing that this game lacks is co op and online, the modes that it has is fun but still
  26. Jan 20, 2014
    I got this game dec 13 and I love it. Was the 1st game I played on wii u so took about a hour to get to grips with. I heard about alot of game breaking bugs but 14 hours in I havent seen any yet. I have loved every minute of this game. Graphics are decent( not groundbreaking) sound is good gameplay is good. The tension is very high and is truly scary when played in the dark with the soundI got this game dec 13 and I love it. Was the 1st game I played on wii u so took about a hour to get to grips with. I heard about alot of game breaking bugs but 14 hours in I havent seen any yet. I have loved every minute of this game. Graphics are decent( not groundbreaking) sound is good gameplay is good. The tension is very high and is truly scary when played in the dark with the sound up. Also a decent variety of guns but only one melee weapon which is a cricket bat so I mainly stick to guns. Expand
  27. Jan 6, 2014
    This game is much better than people give it credit, and so much of the negativity seems to be based in graphics, bugs and/or genre confusion. So, let's start with the graphics: granted, this isn't the best-looking game, but it was a launch title, and most launch titles (on any console) don't showcase a system's full potential. Even considering that, I personally don't think it looks asThis game is much better than people give it credit, and so much of the negativity seems to be based in graphics, bugs and/or genre confusion. So, let's start with the graphics: granted, this isn't the best-looking game, but it was a launch title, and most launch titles (on any console) don't showcase a system's full potential. Even considering that, I personally don't think it looks as bad as people say, which leads us to the bugs and glitches. Most of the "game-breaking" ones have been ironed out in patches, leaving (so far as I've encountered) sparse and minor glitches that in no way hinder game play. And as for the genre... This isn't Dead Rising or a FPS, so don't expect to be able to cleave through zombies in single strikes or mow them down in rows. It's a survival game, and as the in-game guide says near starting up, it's sometimes better to just run, which should give the player an idea of what he/she will encounter. Expand
  28. Dec 24, 2013
    (This is a very long review that goes in depth) I'm a bit late to the ZombiU launch date, this was supposed to be one of the Wii U's main launch title and was supposed to showcase how to the gamepad can be used in harmony with the TV.It does that exactly. ZombiU is Zombie thriller that focuses not on the shoot and hope you dont die gameplay but instead takes Zombie killing back to its(This is a very long review that goes in depth) I'm a bit late to the ZombiU launch date, this was supposed to be one of the Wii U's main launch title and was supposed to showcase how to the gamepad can be used in harmony with the TV.It does that exactly. ZombiU is Zombie thriller that focuses not on the shoot and hope you dont die gameplay but instead takes Zombie killing back to its roots.Focusing in on planning, conservation of ammo, if you try to run and shoot on this you are going to last 10 minutes.ZombiU reminds me of the days back when the N64 had resident evil. You were on edge, it was tough gameplay you had to be wise with the little ammo you had. ZombiU is probably one of the greatest Zombie games ever and one of the greatest FPS games ever. ZombiU in my opinion has achieved its goal of being realistic, tense but at the same time give a Zombie experience that is ultimately fun and memorable. The story line is a bit confusing at places especially at the start with Some "Prepper" telling what to do but does get interesting I wont spoil the fun though.I'll split the rest of the review into specific features of the game.

Setting/Location-
    The setting being London is an interesting choice to say the least as here in the UK you would have trouble finding any firearm unless its an air rifle. Also being set in London a city makes the chances of anyone owning an axe or chainsaw extremely unlikely but that all aside, I personally love the settings a trip to the The Tower Of London is something I will not likely forget. If have you played the demo you would have completed the nursery level, that nursery is one the most scariest Zombie experience I have ever had. 9/10

Combat-
    A lot of people complain about the clunky combat in this game and the lack of extra melee weapons but this all adds to the realism of the game, as I said earlier its unlikely that you will find anything better. As for the clunky combat I dont think its that clunky but this also adds to the ever increasing difficulty of the game. A great way to get more used to the combat is to play the multiplayer which is excellent. The combat at times is very clunky but again gives you a challenge (And I play it on Chicken Level). There is quite a range of guns to find and use from the Desert Eagle (Known in the game as the magnum I think) to the silent deadly Crossbow which is a very fun weapon to use. 8/10

Difficulty-
    I would like to think I'm quite the expert gamer choosing to play a lot of games on the hardest setting, but this was a challenge for me I chose to play on Chicken which was the only one other that normal. I assume it makes the zombies more docile and not quite as sharp but even with that 3 hours I had already died 5 times. Which sounds fine if I was playing a simple die and respawn from the last checkpoint game but alas this game decided to put an interesting spin in that, everytime you die in this game you respawn but at the safe house and as a different survivor, your previous survivor has now turned into a zombie and has all of its weapons with it and you have to go and find to get it all back. Making this a frustrating yet challenging way to die and respawn. 10/10

Multiplayer-
    A small feature with huge potential. Multiplayer is a great way to showcase the gamepads features and makes me wish there was a RTS game for Wii U. Play as the King of Zombies who can spawn zombies to attack a survivor (Player 2 with a Wii Nunchuk Combo or Wii U Pro Controller) capture flags and try to stop the survivor capturing flags. I have had a lot of fun with multiplayer unfortunately limited by only playing with 2 players this shows what can be done in the future with FPS games imagine spawning MW3 juggernauts to try and kill the other players and this could be done online. There are 3 modes in ZombiU's multiplayer Assault basically CTF, Kill Box where the survivor just needs to kill as many zombies as they can, Survival where its time based as opposed to kill based (this is a Uplay reward)
    Overall Multiplayer has a lot of potential 9/10

Graphics-
    This is a let-down unfortunately they're not great but they aren't necessarily bad, they could just be improved is all I will say. 7/10

Gamepad Use-
    This is amazing giving a constant map, letting you scan rooms for items saves so much time but the gamepad use also adds another great amount of difficulty as the game does not pause for you while arranging your equipment or picking a lock so while your attention is fixed on the gamepad on the TV a zombie could be right behind you this adds more difficulty to the game. Overall this game gives us the reason why the Wii U has a gamepad 10/10

Overall this is a must buy and with the talk of a 26th December eshop sale with ZombiU being reduced to 7.99 there is no reason not to buy this. This game has laid down the foundation for many more great Wii U games. I hope there is a sequel even if it has to be cross platform. 9/10 game
  29. Dec 15, 2013
    I'm a little late to this party, ZombiU released a year ago, but in the very limited world of the Wii-U titles, its still a good option. The game features grainy graphics (ala Silent Hill) and complex controls that will drive you insane the first hour or so that you try to play. When I first loaded the game up, I said WTF?? these controls suck, but you will adjust eventually. TheI'm a little late to this party, ZombiU released a year ago, but in the very limited world of the Wii-U titles, its still a good option. The game features grainy graphics (ala Silent Hill) and complex controls that will drive you insane the first hour or so that you try to play. When I first loaded the game up, I said WTF?? these controls suck, but you will adjust eventually. The difficulty is brutal, you will die, and when you do you will play as a different survivor and your first task is finding your old character, who is now a zombie and killing him to loot your supplies back (original idea, gets old later on in the game). The story is absurd, but that survival horror feeling is strong and the game is very creepy. There is no run and gun (ala COD zombie modes) and there isn't much action (ala resident Evil). You must conserve your ammo, use melee attacks often and run for dear life. There really isn't another game on the market like ZombiU so there's nothing to compare it to. A close comparison might be a combination of the games "I am Alive" and "Amy", but much better than either of those two. For me, this was one the first games I picked up after purchasing a Wii-U, I'm too old for Super Mario part 6000 or another clusterphuked rehash of Zelda. I like Adult games and ZombiU, despite its flaws is very adult. My low score is reflective of the poorly designed controls. Expand
  30. Dec 13, 2013
    Zombi u is a good shooter
    but i think i have already played
    i mean,it wasnt very original and the gameplay its not perfect
    it feels like a clone of left 4 dead
    STILL BETTER THAN CALL OF DUTY

1. Feb 1, 2013
    It takes a couple of hours to fully realize that ZombiU – not an eerie game, but a rather eerily boring one – is a goner. I hope that Ubisoft will hack the head off this franchise before it turns into ZombiU 2 and starts biting people’s wallets.
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    An intense experience. ZombiU delivers one of the most intense experiences in recent history. Moody, violent and suitably tough, it managed to keep me playing long into the night. [Jan 2013]
  3. Jan 16, 2013
    For fans of the survival horror genre, ZombiU is filled to the brink with challenges and many hours of gameplay.