• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2012
7.6

1. Apr 18, 2015
    Un autentico SURVIVAL HORROR, es horrible esa sensacion de supervivencia, sin bosses enormes ni cosas muy trilladas, un buen juego, con varios finales, aunque el final que logre conseguir me parecio algo decepcionante, pero la sensacion del juego es unica, con unos audifonos te sentiras que eres el superviviente, la mecanica de juego es revolucionaria pues puedes ser cualquier personaje alUn autentico SURVIVAL HORROR, es horrible esa sensacion de supervivencia, sin bosses enormes ni cosas muy trilladas, un buen juego, con varios finales, aunque el final que logre conseguir me parecio algo decepcionante, pero la sensacion del juego es unica, con unos audifonos te sentiras que eres el superviviente, la mecanica de juego es revolucionaria pues puedes ser cualquier personaje al azar. si te gustan los sulvival horror, sin duda lo recomiendo. Expand
  2. Apr 2, 2015
    Zombi u vuelve a lo que es un real survivor horror, pocas municiones, un ambiente oscuro y decadente, un nivel de dificultad bastante exigente, buen uso del gamepad, detalles que lo hacen especial(si tu personaje muere, nunca se repite el mismo)con buenas gráficas, en fin una muy buena experiencia.
  3. Mar 23, 2015
    Zombiu was designed to scare you and UBISOFT absolutely achieves that, I actually have problems playing this game for any length of time, not because of boredom but worried I'll have a heart attack. The graphics are good and suit the game well, I don't understand why people said it has bad graphics. The only real complaint I have is only 1 melee weapon, I would've liked the option of usingZombiu was designed to scare you and UBISOFT absolutely achieves that, I actually have problems playing this game for any length of time, not because of boredom but worried I'll have a heart attack. The graphics are good and suit the game well, I don't understand why people said it has bad graphics. The only real complaint I have is only 1 melee weapon, I would've liked the option of using a chain saw, hammer, baseball bat, machete etc. A must buy for all WII U owners especially now it can be bought for under $10 Expand
  4. Mar 20, 2015
    Zombi U is that kind of game you need to talk to a friend first and know all the big **** behind this terrible game. No multiplayer and the need to ALWAYS look on gamepad screen breaks all the thrilling and action of the game.
  5. Mar 8, 2015
    Underrated game, the Gamepad really makes this feel like a new next gen experience. Alot better then I thought it would be. Requires strategic gameplay, great survival horror.
  6. Feb 5, 2015
    Never have I ever played such a tense game as this one. Most games these days have been way to forgiving and practically holds your hand. ZombiU is one unforgiving game and I loved every minute of it.
  7. Feb 4, 2015
    “How long will you survive?” Ubisoft’s Zombi U is a fresh and surprisingly innovative addition to the first person survival horror genre and a good attempt at showing that the Wii U isn’t just for family friendly Nintendo party games.

This boastfully British game follows an army of disposable protagonists all hoping to survive a zombie apocalypse under the guidance of what might as well be the hard balled love child of Ross Kemp and Bear Grylls called ‘The prepper’, called so because he seems to be the only person suitably prepared for the oncoming swarm of London guard clad zombies.

He gives you a place of shelter in the London Underground system after he sees you through a security camera dramatically cornered by a wave of your infected neighbours. His instruction teaches you survival skills and drives the story forward by giving new locations to travel to, all at the hope of new equipment or solace to be found throughout the hellish streets of London. Along the way you’ll encounter other characters who put your ‘fate of the world’ role into perspective, with the root of all the chaos deriving from one biblical prophecy telling of the purification of the world.

The game was an interesting pick from the list of games the Wii-U had available early to launch. Right off the bat, the hell-scape atmosphere of the game is thrust onto the player having you rapidly maneuver through the dimly lit London underground with infected at every turn, and the games various settings and everlasting night time does maintain this feel, through and through. Controls get shaky at times because you must break you focus and connection with the surroundings to make of the Wii-U gamepad quite often, however the the feeling of uncertainty you get while looking away from your stationary character proves that the game is achieving a feeling of stress and dis-composition as a survival horror should invoke in a player. Similarly, the early scarcity of ammo also accentuates the survival aspect of the game. Combat is a breeze if there is only one zombie around, however using the single melee weapon you get in game becomes a tedious task despite it being the easiest option for single combat (Prepare bat, swing, prepare bat, swing, prepare bat, swing, prepare bat, swing). But when two or more zombies should appear you have an adequately sized arsenal of upgradeable guns and explosives to fight back with, however you’re limited to what you can carry in your “bug out bag” and pockets. And with a slot being taken up for each weapon, and a second slot being taken by it’s ammunition type, you never find yourself with more that 4 firearms at a time. The curve of difficulty seems to skyrocket when faced against special or armored infected but not to an extend that can’t be beaten, it makes for a change of pace and rethink of strategy in combat, which makes for challenging gameplay.

In terms of smaller features, the game takes a nod to the dark souls series in the form of having to re-retrieve your inventory after death by going back to the location of your last death and kill your zombified old character. It also has the same system of other players leaving cryptic hints and messages around if you connect to the Miiverse.

However this realistic feature comes with a drawback. The fact that throughout your play-through your protagonist will be killed and replaced anywhere between 4-40 times means you will lose any sense of connection with your survivor and my find yourself quickly throwing away another in your effort to speed-run your way to your best firearm that you left with your past infected incarnation. The graphics lack something to be desired. While the caved in skulls are suitably gruesome and the lighting keeps things as spooky as slender, the protagonist looks like it’s missing a few polygons (If ya know what I mean). The Wii U is an HD console and for a game that boasts it’s realism with zombie activity, some of the textures just don’t agree with that. The chosen settings of bogs, sewers and buildings old and new are a treat though.

The Graphics get a fair 6 out of 10 for their worthy but still lackluster presentation.

The Gameplay gets a 7 out of 10. While the controls are not brilliant with the shaky but innovative usage of the Wii U gamepad, it’s challenging, dynamic and varied in execution and environment. However the detachment from the protagonist really didn’t sit with me well.

(Granted the do have a one life ‘survival mode’ available where you 1st life is your only life).

The lifespan gets a 5 out of 10. The story is quite short and the only other feature is what I’m going to assume is a very underplayed multiplayer mode where one is ‘King of zombies’ and must send hordes at a lone survivor.

Full Review @ItsMuchMore
  8. Feb 3, 2015
    ZombiU was an entire mistake, controls are confusing, game difficult is not ok and the game does not worth the price as day one. Another fiasco as the wii u. I was very upset after bought the console and game
  9. Jan 23, 2015
    There are lots of things I like about this game. The gamepad is used to great effect, the story and atmosphere is exciting, fighting zombies is fun. I like the way you start off as a different person when you die and can loot your old, now zombified, predecessor. The sense of tension is maintained nicely throughout. However there are downsides. The gamepad is used quite heavily by the gameThere are lots of things I like about this game. The gamepad is used to great effect, the story and atmosphere is exciting, fighting zombies is fun. I like the way you start off as a different person when you die and can loot your old, now zombified, predecessor. The sense of tension is maintained nicely throughout. However there are downsides. The gamepad is used quite heavily by the game so you can't play ZombiU as off-tv play - quite a big deal when you have a family all wanting to use the same TV in the living room. There's not enough variety in the melee weapons; you basically use the same weapon for the entire game. Ranged weapons are good but there isn't nearly enough ammunition for them. If you lose your weapons they are scattered throughout the world and it's a frustrating chore to find them - in fact there are some weapons I didn't even get to fire before losing them forever. The messages left by other players (online) seems a great idea at first but you soon realise they are a waste of time. There's a LOT of backtracking. The prepper who starts you off goes silent about half way through the game and overall you feel quite lonely making your way through this empty world. Overall a good game but not a great one. Expand
  10. Dec 28, 2014
    Nintendo is not that childish anymore isnt it.holy **** this game is teryfing. This to me is outlast before outlast was a thing. It is so creepy and it works great with the atmosphere. As a horror game this game gets a total 10/10. But as a zombie game it is still good with miner flaws here and there and one big flaw which i will discuss later. So the zombies (at least in my opinion) areNintendo is not that childish anymore isnt it.holy **** this game is teryfing. This to me is outlast before outlast was a thing. It is so creepy and it works great with the atmosphere. As a horror game this game gets a total 10/10. But as a zombie game it is still good with miner flaws here and there and one big flaw which i will discuss later. So the zombies (at least in my opinion) are not scary. And this is being told from a guy that has watched all the gorge romero zombie movies so i am a good qualifier. Another thing is the weapons. They are useful for sure but sometimes the controls get in my way and i end up failing my gun around like a **** idiot. And the biggest flaw is the graphics. Now i dont usualy talk about graphics but if you are making a zombie you better have some nice **** graphics to go. And sadly the graphics here are no good. Compare this to contagion or No more room in hell its kinda a downer. But non the less it is a lot of fun and every zombie fan should get it Expand
  11. Nov 18, 2014
    Picked this up because it was $15 and there wasn't much else to play on my wii u, even at that price I felt let down. The game feels dated and it just isn't very fun at all. Not sure why people are reviewing this one so highly....
  12. Nov 4, 2014
    pues la verdad hasta ahora es el mejor survival horror que hay no puedo encontrar otro juego que trate de hacerlo como zombieu ya que muchos tratan de hacerlo mejor pero lamentablemente zombieu les gana es una lastima que ubisoft diga que no vendio bien cuando todos sabemos que si en fin si tienes wii u y aun no lo tienes ve a buscarlo creeme vale la pena jugarlo
  13. Nov 3, 2014
    All of these big name publishers have seemed to have forgotten what Survival Horror is. Ubisoft who is among those publishers remembered for like a short period of time then immediately went full publisher retard again after the Wii U was seen as unsuccessful in their eyes.
    ZombiU is heart pounding, eerie and can be extremely tense as death in this game actually means something. If you die, you do come back, but as another survivor... and your old character is now a zombie. So if you had any attachment to your old character, you now have to kill them to get your stuff back. If you're not careful you can get jumped when you least suspect it or you can even die from a hoard mauling you to death. It's not an action game, if you're expecting to be a badass fighting hordes of the dead with chainsaws and katanas like in Left 4 Dead, you aren't going to find it. Something they could have really improved upon is the melee combat as it gets repetitive quickly and you would rather use a gun to finish off the bastard quickly even though the noise attracts more attention than its worth.
    Another thing that could have been improved upon is some of the graphics and the lighting effects, the Wii U isn't a powerhouse console but I'm pretty sure this department could have been better, but Ubisoft had to cheap out in that area. Also not sure if I missed something and it improves later on in the game but my torch is useless for seeing in the dark whereas my scanner can see a lot better and light the whole area better than my torch.

Overall this game is not bad, but not great either. It a good game to own if you like Survival Horror and aren't tired of zombies. Plus it shows Ubisoft that games like this can sell I mean with 700,000 sold to date, more than 3 Just Dance games combined I'd say this was a quiet and average success.
  14. Oct 11, 2014
    A great game wrapped up in a technical mess.

This is probably one of the best Zombie games on the market, with its atmosphere, level design etc, however the fact that you'll have to mash the bat at the enemy for almost the entire game since ammo is very scarce gets frustrating, besides that it takes literally 40 seconds or so to open some doors in the game. Would be one of my
    A great game wrapped up in a technical mess.

Would be one of my favorites if it weren't for those problems.
  15. Sep 26, 2014
    I'm wondering if people who play games on the Wii U actually play on an HDTV. The way Skyward Sword intentionally had that watermark look (which made the game look better imo) ZombiU had that "retro" survival look and it looked good on my tv. Sure at some points combat became stale or repetitive, but the real drawback to the game was the way the "quick select" buttons were laid out. ThisI'm wondering if people who play games on the Wii U actually play on an HDTV. The way Skyward Sword intentionally had that watermark look (which made the game look better imo) ZombiU had that "retro" survival look and it looked good on my tv. Sure at some points combat became stale or repetitive, but the real drawback to the game was the way the "quick select" buttons were laid out. This game does what a good Zombie survival game is supposed to do. Guess people were expecting CoD Nazi zombies. Glad I picked this game up. Expand
  16. Sep 22, 2014
    Despite some glitches and below standard graphics,ZombiU is a worthy survival horror game that its does it job to make your heart race and build suspense.
  17. Sep 19, 2014
    Quality, quality, quality game. Truly unique and innovative. Genuinely scary. This is a must-have game on the Wii U. There are no other games like it on any platform.

It's not a run-and-gun zombie shooting game, like basically every other zombie game, but a real survival game. You rarely use guns, ammo is severely limited. Your main weapon is a cricket bat. It's more about wondering if there is a zombie around the corner... or worse, more than 1 (you rarely survive encounters with 3 or more zombies). The lighting is fantastic as you can see almost nothing, so have to use your gamepad (which acts as a scanner) to see some rooms. This all adds to the creepyness of the game.

It can get incredibly creepy if you play in the dark, especially at the times when you have to look at the gamepad (e.g., for hunting around in the backpack or lockpicking) and then you look up to see a zombie staring at you in the face.

And, just now, I had a situation where someone else playing their game affected mine - my character died, so my new character had to go and retrieve their backpack from the (now zombiefied old character).... Only thing is, by the time I got there, some other player killed them first and took everything! All my guns, medpacs, grenades, etc. These are NOT easy to find, and I had them for 10 hours of the game up until that point! That means I am now far in the game, but have almost no items, thus making it 10x harder. I've never seen this in a game before, and is very cool. It means you really do not want to die, as you could lose everything.

The only issue I have had with this game are the loading screens (which aren't Lego City Undercover terrible).

Honestly, though, this is a very underrated game. I don't even like zombie games, but this is great. You will not be disappointed. What a great game!
  18. Aug 31, 2014
    ZombiU is a very refreshing game, that deserves being praised a lot more than it was. Don't expect to be running around blasting zombies with a rocket launcher! No, you'll be slowly moving in dark corridors, checking every corner, and praying you won't run into a pack of zombies because you are almost out of ammo... There is a lot of tension, as the game is unforgiving and a small mistakeZombiU is a very refreshing game, that deserves being praised a lot more than it was. Don't expect to be running around blasting zombies with a rocket launcher! No, you'll be slowly moving in dark corridors, checking every corner, and praying you won't run into a pack of zombies because you are almost out of ammo... There is a lot of tension, as the game is unforgiving and a small mistake can get you killed (and the death mechanics are really cool, putting high pressure in the recovery of your former self's gear). A really great game if you're up to a (scary) challenge! Expand
  19. Jul 19, 2014
    I can't remember playing a game that keeps you on edge more than this. It isn't perfect by any means but the experience of playing it is top notch. Using headphones amplifies that feeling of terror as you hear zombies lurking or coming for you. Ubisoft uses the gamepad as well as any game thus far. It could use more polish and refinement but graphically it was very good. They definitelyI can't remember playing a game that keeps you on edge more than this. It isn't perfect by any means but the experience of playing it is top notch. Using headphones amplifies that feeling of terror as you hear zombies lurking or coming for you. Ubisoft uses the gamepad as well as any game thus far. It could use more polish and refinement but graphically it was very good. They definitely took some shortcuts with the routes you needed to take to get to places looking too similar. It is a must own game for the Wii U though and really..only a couple stupid reviews (IGN) keep this score down. It's a solid 8 overall but a 9 for the Wii U. Expand
  20. Jul 15, 2014
    Much better than I thought it would be! ZombiU is a slow paced survival horror and it is pretty fun. I am a huge Resident Evil fan and if you like the old games, you will like this game. If you like the old Resident Evil games, you may not want to get it. What I like is that anything is a threat. One bite can kill you. I also like that you can return to your zombified character, kill it,Much better than I thought it would be! ZombiU is a slow paced survival horror and it is pretty fun. I am a huge Resident Evil fan and if you like the old games, you will like this game. If you like the old Resident Evil games, you may not want to get it. What I like is that anything is a threat. One bite can kill you. I also like that you can return to your zombified character, kill it, and get your stuff back. I also like the competitive split screen co-op. I really dislike that it lags a lot and you can't do online multiplayer. Also the game is extremely slow. Not survival horror slow, REALLY slow. ZombiU gets a 7/10 Expand
  21. Jul 11, 2014
    No Other Game Like It On Consoles Or PC. Now I Find Every Other Game To Be Irrelevant To Me. Zombi U Has Extremely Fun Gameplay. Cricket Bat is utterly boring. But I manage to go through most of the game without it. BECAUSE I MANAGE. I PREPARE. AND THATS WHAT THIS GAME TEACHES YOU. PREPARATION. USE NEW METHODS. SURVIVE.

The story builds up at a very good pace, but what lies under it is

The story builds up at a very good pace, but what lies under it is a great amount of subtext.

I'm just going to say... best game made by Ubisoft to date.
  22. Jul 11, 2014
    I would rate the scare factor up there with Fatal Frame. I would rate the zombie content next to Resident Evil. I felt that the game play was satisfactory and the graphics were good, not great, but definitely solid. The bugs have been fixed as far as I can tell. I have never encountered any except for when I phased through a gate getting an item. I didn't mind though because it saved meI would rate the scare factor up there with Fatal Frame. I would rate the zombie content next to Resident Evil. I felt that the game play was satisfactory and the graphics were good, not great, but definitely solid. The bugs have been fixed as far as I can tell. I have never encountered any except for when I phased through a gate getting an item. I didn't mind though because it saved me time walking the long way around to get it lol. The game is slow, that is until you learn how to play it. The slow pace builds suspense. It is an intense game and I love it. On my second play through I figured out how to use crawl points and bottle necks to kill zombies easier. I've also found explosives in the areas I can shoot to kill more zombies, learned how to use the flares, mines, and molotov cocktails. The thing is you need to learn how to survive and once you do this game becomes awesome and allows for multiple strategies. Most people I've seen play this hate it because they don't understand it and how to play it properly. It is not a FPS run and gun. You have to think about your next move if you want to survive. Expand
  23. Jul 7, 2014
    One of the few modern day survival horror games. It is thrilling, intense and you will die.

If you can look past the obvious flaws you will find a great and terrifying experience
  24. Jul 5, 2014
    This is exactly what a wii u game should play like , it utilizes the gamepad perfectly and its an also very fun survivor horror first person shooter , lots of weapons to choose from , zombies to kill , and hidden paths everywhere , it was a great launch title , nowadays you can get it for 20$ and its worth every penny
  25. Jun 5, 2014
    I bought this at launch along with New Super Mario and CoD Black Ops 2. I played this through over and over again. Whenever I tried the other games I got bored and went back to ZombiU. I have no idea how people can hate on this. I imagine they were brought up on modern games that are really just linear movie like experiences with save points every two minutes.

My wife actually loves

My wife actually loves watching me play ZombiU and will bribe me to play it just so she can watch.
  26. May 4, 2014
    ZombiU is an amazing Zombie Survival horror game. Call me a fanboy, but I love the survival element in the game. What people don't like in it is that it's actually challenging. Every corner, every street and every hallway can have a painful death. Its scary, quick paced and the local multiplayer is fun! The big problem I had was the lack of weapons. Really, all I need is a shotgun and aZombiU is an amazing Zombie Survival horror game. Call me a fanboy, but I love the survival element in the game. What people don't like in it is that it's actually challenging. Every corner, every street and every hallway can have a painful death. Its scary, quick paced and the local multiplayer is fun! The big problem I had was the lack of weapons. Really, all I need is a shotgun and a pistol, but you get the idea. It needed a lot more weapons. Not coming from a "fanboy" perspective...I just liked the challenge. ZombiU gets 9/10. Expand
  27. Apr 21, 2014
    I don't understand how this game is so underrated. It's the return of the classic horror games. I haven't played something this scary since the first Silent Hill titles. It's a very good game considering that it is a launch title. The atmosphere is very well done, it has one of the best GamePad uses yet and even tough it doesn't have online multiplayer, you can find your friends in theI don't understand how this game is so underrated. It's the return of the classic horror games. I haven't played something this scary since the first Silent Hill titles. It's a very good game considering that it is a launch title. The atmosphere is very well done, it has one of the best GamePad uses yet and even tough it doesn't have online multiplayer, you can find your friends in the game if the have played it and interact with them in some way ;). It's a fantastical game. Short but from my point of view a very good experience. If you have a Wii U and you haven't played it yet, I don't know what are you waiting for. You can find it now anywhere for less than 10€. Expand
  28. Mar 24, 2014
    I have to be honest, when I got this game I didn't really expect much. I read some reviews about it and i heard mixed reactions. Some people loved it while some despised it. It's not until I started playing it for myself that I developed my own opinion.
    At first the game starts of a bit slow. The controls take some getting use to and you only have the cricket bat. Which is fun, don't get me wrong. But you crave for a weapon after a while.
    But ones I started getting a hang of it it turned out to be pretty good. This game is very tense. I think that even the most hardened of gamers will get some scares out of it.
    Once you start finding weapons and upgrading them the game gets pretty addicting.
    There are definitely some great moments in this game like when you go into The Royal Safe for example.
    I appreciate what Ubisoft did with this game. It's not just a mindless shoot-em up game like Dead Island or Left4Dead. It's everything a survival-horror stands for. If you're not into slower but creepier games than this isn't your game. It got overlooked in my opinion. If you have a WiiU and haven't played this game for some reason, do so. Trust me, you won't regret it. Especially considering it goes around for 10 euros nowadays. This game deserves a bit more credit.
  29. Mar 14, 2014
    I absolutely love Zombi U. Don't expect a game where you'll be immersed in some incredible storyline and lovable characters-this game isn't really about that. It's all about creating a terrifying atmosphere where you feel really alone and where you get legitimately scared and panicked when a group of zombies comes out of nowhere. Sometimes I find myself fumbling through my inventoryI absolutely love Zombi U. Don't expect a game where you'll be immersed in some incredible storyline and lovable characters-this game isn't really about that. It's all about creating a terrifying atmosphere where you feel really alone and where you get legitimately scared and panicked when a group of zombies comes out of nowhere. Sometimes I find myself fumbling through my inventory haphazardly when I'm caught off guard by zombies because I wasn't prepared for it. It's a rush! I even start shooting poorly because I'm so panicked. It's just plain creepy and unpredictable. Best part about it is that once you die, you start as a new survivor with hardly any supplies (I'm sure you knew that). But that makes me try SO HARD to stay alive, making any zombie encounter terrifyingly realistic. Most first person shooters can't create those types of emotions because you know you'll just respawn again in a location right near where you died and you don't have anything to lose. Not in Zombi U. Survival means everything. Highly recommended. Expand
  30. Feb 28, 2014
    By the way, you can piss off wth stupid, futile, invisible assistant. He's not only a ball buster but a morale destroyer as well. He doesn't help. When does he help? Exactly. Other than scanning doors and **** constantly about cameras and good riddance if a survivor dies because the makers of this program basically sat around a conference table and decided "what if we made a zombie firstBy the way, you can piss off wth stupid, futile, invisible assistant. He's not only a ball buster but a morale destroyer as well. He doesn't help. When does he help? Exactly. Other than scanning doors and **** constantly about cameras and good riddance if a survivor dies because the makers of this program basically sat around a conference table and decided "what if we made a zombie first person shooter that could become uh......"the most unbeatable" in the WORLD." We'll be rich by Xmas next year for gods sake people will clamber for it just to prove they can do it!, the American market is ours! Sound familiar? I think so.
    And no. Give a challenge, but you gotta play fair. Otherwise, it's not a real game. It's a joke.

1. Feb 1, 2013
    It takes a couple of hours to fully realize that ZombiU – not an eerie game, but a rather eerily boring one – is a goner. I hope that Ubisoft will hack the head off this franchise before it turns into ZombiU 2 and starts biting people’s wallets.
  2. Jan 23, 2013
    An intense experience. ZombiU delivers one of the most intense experiences in recent history. Moody, violent and suitably tough, it managed to keep me playing long into the night. [Jan 2013]
  3. Jan 16, 2013
    For fans of the survival horror genre, ZombiU is filled to the brink with challenges and many hours of gameplay.