8.6

1. Jan 28, 2011
    The game art is so cute, and the levels so creative, it's a really great game. I haven't played the original but I can assure you that this does worth playing!
  2. JervousF.
    Oct 14, 2009
    This game is absolutely fantastic. It's a hidden gem among huge AAA titles. A game like this comes only once in a blue moon. Be sure to pick this game up, and help the developer continue to make amazing games such as this.
  3. JohnM
    Oct 16, 2009
    Wow! This is how to do a remake. There is something magical about this game that sticks with you long after the credits roll. You just cant stop playing it. With all the extras, and bonus content, it is a nice long adventure. Everything from the story to the graphics, music and vibe feel very "new" fresh" and "exciting." In a way, if 3D games never became big, and instead, 2D games just Wow! This is how to do a remake. There is something magical about this game that sticks with you long after the credits roll. You just cant stop playing it. With all the extras, and bonus content, it is a nice long adventure. Everything from the story to the graphics, music and vibe feel very "new" fresh" and "exciting." In a way, if 3D games never became big, and instead, 2D games just kept on being mainstream, then this is the type of game that 2D would and should have evolved into. Now I just say bring on the sequel, and make it even better so I can give it an "11.00" :) Also, this si how you make a game ending. The ending is adventurous, long, sweet, emotional, and has some cool twists. Expand
  4. May 31, 2016
    Una grata sorpresa este juego, el diseño de niveles y personajes es precioso y nunca te aburres de jugarlo. Como punto malo me fallo un poco la jugabilidad en momentos puntuales del juego. Po lo demas un juego que se disfruta al máximo y que te da un buen tiempo de entretenimiento.
  5. JonathanB.
    Oct 13, 2009
    I absolutely love this game. It is everything I wish the original Boy and His Blob was. It does a great job of modernizing gameplay mechanics, allowing infinite jellybeans (loadouts if you will) and infinite lives. I love to try to beat the same puzzle in multiple ways. For $40 I feel I really got my moneys worth. There are a lot of levels, lots of gameplay, beautiful music, and amazing I absolutely love this game. It is everything I wish the original Boy and His Blob was. It does a great job of modernizing gameplay mechanics, allowing infinite jellybeans (loadouts if you will) and infinite lives. I love to try to beat the same puzzle in multiple ways. For $40 I feel I really got my moneys worth. There are a lot of levels, lots of gameplay, beautiful music, and amazing hand drawn graphics. The perfect game for any 2d enthusiast. Expand
  6. Ssseth
    Oct 14, 2009
    Awesome game, as a fan of the NES game I don't think they could have done much better to capture the spirit of the original while updating it to the modern era. The hand drawn graphics are absolutely gorgeous. One of the best looking games on any current gen console (yes including Xbox and PS3). Too bad it's not HD but it still looked great in 480p on a 50" screen. Just goes to Awesome game, as a fan of the NES game I don't think they could have done much better to capture the spirit of the original while updating it to the modern era. The hand drawn graphics are absolutely gorgeous. One of the best looking games on any current gen console (yes including Xbox and PS3). Too bad it's not HD but it still looked great in 480p on a 50" screen. Just goes to show that 2D still has a place. Expand
  7. BradleyUnit
    Oct 15, 2009
    I bought this game 2 days ago, and am having more more fun with it than I had thought possible. A lot of the puzzling reminds me of Zelda or Zak and Wiki. A lot of levels require you to use your entire arsenal of toys (or blob transformations) to beat. The animation is beautiful and the characters are adorable. Awesome game for only $40.
  8. J.
    Oct 20, 2009
    This game is a true gem. The only real flaw is the inability to have multiple save files. Why in the world would WayForward omit the ability to create multiple save files? It just doesn't make sense. Despite this, the imagery is beautiful and the game is top notch. I sure hope we see more 2-d gems like this one in the future. It's a must own game.
  9. Dec 19, 2010
    A great re-imagination of a classic title. It provides a good amount of challenge and great re-playability. It's not very fast paced and there are some instances where the game can become frustrating or instances where the A.I. blob can be a minor problem, but overall a fun game

#39 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#6 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

1. Nintendo Power
    It's a magical adventure full of mesmerizing sights and compelling gameplay, held together by whimsical characters and a simple but surprisingly powerful story. [Nov 2009, p.85]
    A Boy and His Blob is a fun and oftentimes beautiful 2D puzzle platformer that complements other Wii efforts like Muramasa and New Super Mario Bros. very nicely.
  3. A Boy and His Blob is a slow burn that requires patience, so those looking for a bit more action should stay mindful of this. However, if you're hankering for a great 2D platformer with clever, inventive puzzles, you'll find plenty to love here.