7.4

1. DallasB.
    Mar 9, 2010
    This is by far the best platforming game on the Wii. If you haven't dusted off your Wii, the time is now for this game. Being a 41 year old Male gamer, I didn't think Alice on the Wii would appeal to me, but since my Wii was just collecting dust, I thought at least if I didn't like the wife would. Well, I love this game. It is your standard platforming. There are color This is by far the best platforming game on the Wii. If you haven't dusted off your Wii, the time is now for this game. Being a 41 year old Male gamer, I didn't think Alice on the Wii would appeal to me, but since my Wii was just collecting dust, I thought at least if I didn't like the wife would. Well, I love this game. It is your standard platforming. There are color coded puzzles that may make you think simplicity, but just because the game tells you what character to use by highlighting the item with a color, it will still take some thought to solve some of the puzzles. Graphics are on par with a decent PS2 game, which is welcome considering most graphics on the Wii have been more on par with PS1 Games, so even the graphics were a pleasant surprise. The voice acting sounds like the characters from the movie. The pacing is up to the user. You can move as fast or as slow as you like. Almost all the grass and tree's is destructible, aka Zelda chopping grass. You will need to do this to acquire the little jewels that pop out, as this currency is used to bring you back to life. Run out of jewels and game over. For those Lego freaks out there, they will spend hours upon hours chopping grass, tree's, fences, flipping rocks and such. The only really BIG down side to this game is the camera. The camera can get lost, and while fighting the card soldiers it can cost you your life many times, but as long as you chop tons of grass and such you will keep coming back to life. This is a must purchase for any Wii owner who enjoys a good platforming game. Forgive the few camera issues and you are all set for a great adventure of Alice in Wonderland! Expand
  2. JorduS.
    Mar 3, 2010
    Far from the usual license game. Cool visuals, considering the pretty poor graphic performance of the Wii.

1. Imaginative accompaniment to a Tim Burton's reimagining of the children's classic. [Apr 2010, p.82]
  2. Alice in Wonderland is an appropriate game for young and old. You get a cool story, a nice atmosphere and a pretty cool gameplay. All in all, it is an appealing action-adventure.
    Alice in Wonderland is a delightful change of pace from the usual drivel the Wii churns out from third party developers. The environments are faithful to the movie; the adventure is fun and diverse enough for kids to enjoy, and the focus on making the game accessible all serve it well. This is one game that manages to satisfy all of the criteria of being a solid movie tie-in while not sacrificing the normal quality aspects to get there.