• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Oct 27, 2008
5.2

1. KatrinaB
    Jan 10, 2009
    This is not at all like cheerleading and a huge let down. The game is so slow and frustrating my daughters gave up on it quickly. Agree with other users in that the balance board option just makes it slower and more awkward. I'm just glad I rented it before I bought it.
  2. JoanneM.
    Nov 4, 2008
    The screens take several minutes to load which makes the game really slow. You spend much more time waiting than playing. Using the balance board makes it even slower because you have to go through 4 warning and info screens for each exercise before it starts. it doesn't remember the board is there.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. I would say that All Star Cheer Squad would probably make a solid game for a younger kid that's getting interested in the sport. The movements definitely mimic the stuff that actually occurs on field or in the gym, and even if you're not a fan of cheerleading you'll realize that you've seen this stuff before, just from watching a football game or two.
  2. Unfortunately, the experience as a whole, deep as it may be, is as tethered as the remote and nunchuk.
  3. By the end of the tutorial, it becomes painfully clear that All Star Cheer Squad is a complete mess of a title, and it doesn't improve as you progress through the game.