Arc Rise Fantasia Wii

7.8

1. Sep 5, 2013
    The skilled artwork, great presentation, charming characters and interesting combat really rose my hopes up for this game. Unfortunately, the sometimes awkward voice acting, the unforgivably unpolished cutscenes and the blandness of the setting have quickly crushed most expectations. Granted, it is not hard to play through this RPG and get away some entertainment from it, Arc Rise FantasiaThe skilled artwork, great presentation, charming characters and interesting combat really rose my hopes up for this game. Unfortunately, the sometimes awkward voice acting, the unforgivably unpolished cutscenes and the blandness of the setting have quickly crushed most expectations. Granted, it is not hard to play through this RPG and get away some entertainment from it, Arc Rise Fantasia will hardly provide starved RPG fans with the depth and memorable moments they are looking for. Expand
  2. Feb 13, 2013
    When I first bought this game, I was really hoping for a great RPG experience like the one I got from Tales of Symphonia. Sadly, that's not what happened. Granted, I had a little fun with strategic combat that the game provided and the graphics are quite nice (for the Wii, anyway), but as I played the game longer, the faults began to surface. While I did enjoy the combat system, it seemsWhen I first bought this game, I was really hoping for a great RPG experience like the one I got from Tales of Symphonia. Sadly, that's not what happened. Granted, I had a little fun with strategic combat that the game provided and the graphics are quite nice (for the Wii, anyway), but as I played the game longer, the faults began to surface. While I did enjoy the combat system, it seems that console-based RPGs are more suited to real-time. Second is that while standard enemies are no problem, the bosses are unforgivable and force you to grind levels to even stand a chance agianst them. The last two things, however, are what really killed it for me. The story (for the most part) is very shallow and too similar to Tales of Symphonia to be bragged about, and I couldn't find one character in this game who wasn't either irrelevant to what was going on or just cliche as all hell, especially Adele and Ryfia. And of course there's what everybody else has touched on: the English voice acting is absolutely horrendous (not helped by the fact you can't change it to Japanese). The bottom line is that if you're looking for a good RPG on the Wii, Arc Rise Fantasia isn't the last game to look for, but it's certainly not the first. Expand

#22 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#27 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. Feb 26, 2011
    Minor technical issues, wasted opportunities and dreadful voice acting bring Arc Rise Fantasia down, but there's still plenty of enjoyment to be found as long as you know what to expect.
  2. Oct 21, 2010
    Even with those drawbacks, though, Imageepoch gets serious props for doing what no developer has yet seen fit to do; namely, give Wii owners a party-based RPG free of gimmicks.
  3. Arc Rise Fantasia is the perfect RPG to play "between" RPGs. Something to pick up before the next big AAA experience hits and scratch an itch that one gets during the genre's common dry periods.