7.9

1. Jan 8, 2011
    Never in my life have i been more frustrated. While it looks and sounds okay It is just to frustrating to recomend . Seriously, avoid this game unless you like to be frustrated
  2. Dec 6, 2010
    Bit.Trip Runner is, obviously, the fourth game in the Bit.Trip series, and it pretty much stands out from the rest, but not by much. While the gameplay is simple enough, the difficulty curve tends to become difficult to scale as time goes on, eventually making some levels require super-human reflexes, which, unfortunately, some of us lack when all we really want is to advance through the game, which is absolutely frustrating.

The good things about this game is the music within the game, which is quite fun to listen to, when you're not forced to listen to the same loop over and over again when you're stuck on one level. The art is quite good too, mixing 8-bit-like sprites with a 3-D world.

In short, an okay game, but 800 Wii points is just too much for a frustrating game such as this.
  3. vgb
    Oct 26, 2010
    This game is legendary. The entire bit.trip series is unmatched in terms of art and music, in my highly refined opinion, and this is the best of the bunch. Extremely addictive and challenging and manic-grin inducing even after 10 hours of play.
  4. Mar 8, 2011
    This is the BEST of the Bit.Trip games. Honestly I don't understand the negative reviews this game gets. Yes it is very difficult - but it has a good learning curve. Supposedly less than 10 people worldwide have gotten 100% on all levels and bonus levels, and I believe it. Even so it is a BLAST - my roommates and I play this every day, passing the controller around every time we die. Buy it, that's all I can say. Expand
  5. Jul 8, 2011
    Well yes it's concept is fun bubt it's SOOOOOOOOO frustrated,I would bang the Wii Remote on my head because I was so frustrated at it, I nearly THREW my Wii Remote at my Wii.
  6. Dec 18, 2011
    Great Aesthetic, Learning Curve, Price.

This is another review, just like two others I've done. I think that those three qualities are going to be my key points for all the reviews I do (this is the third).
    This game has a great aesthetic. The music interfacing with the gameplay seamlessly (if you enjoy this feature, check out Everyday Shooter), the graphics are wacky and whimsical.
    This game is alternatively hypnotic and frustrating, it is a fantastic game to play in a trade-off fashion with some friends. This will help keep the frustration down and also build a shared sense of accomplishment. Expand
  7. Jan 29, 2014
    It's hilariously good. The environment reacts on every obstacle you pass and after some time you find yourself bouncing in the rhythm as the game takes you with it.

1. Easy to handle, Bit.Trip Runner got nice graphics as well and a hypnotic music score.
  2. Commander Video needs to be the bigger rectangle and step aside for the two final planned installments. [July 2010, p.103]
  3. A real retro treat. [Aug 2010, p.103]