Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII Wii

6.8

1. RichardMitsuda
    May 6, 2009
    My 8-year old son loves this game and he took it quite seriously, too. He's a WW2 fanatic, so he would spend hours each day playing this game. Although I do agree that the game can get repetitive, it's a very good to play.
    Anyway, my son finally got through Mission 15 earlier this week (Top Secret) and is on the last mission tonight. I'm terrible at this game, and he whoops my butt every time we dogfight each other.
  2. KristopherR
    Jun 29, 2008
    Just bought the game and finished the first 5 missions. Amazing! The controls are very intuitive. The graphics are sharp. The audio is terrific and the missions are engaging. I'm hooked!

Regarding another players complaint about waiting for the software to correct flying upside down by rolling you out of it being a pain. Why not just get better and learn to kill the enemy while you are upside down? It's not that hard and enables you to pull up on the stick to change direction and nail a second target very quickly. I use it to my advantage.
  3. hl
    Mar 15, 2008
    the gameplay is great. much better on wii than PS3. Missions are a little easy, and you can win the game fairly soon. Your squad mates are rather annoying at times, especially when you have to keep replaying missions, but the history is nice (except for one absurd mission in Norway). However, the flying is a pretty good feel, and it is one of my favorite games on the Wii
  4. Anonymous
    Oct 4, 2007
    Best Wii game I found. Fun.
  5. BlackberryA.
    Aug 10, 2007
    Nice Porting! The control is good. This is one of my favourite Wii games too.
  6. JimB.
    Aug 6, 2007
    Many people have said that "Heatseeker" is the best flight game on the Wii. Yet after 10 minutes with "Heatseeker" I was done. I rented "Blazing Angels" and decided that it is a buyer. The controls are responsive, not to mention a ton of control options. The graphics are decent while not spectactular. But most of all it's simply fun. I'm afraid the length of the game may be too Many people have said that "Heatseeker" is the best flight game on the Wii. Yet after 10 minutes with "Heatseeker" I was done. I rented "Blazing Angels" and decided that it is a buyer. The controls are responsive, not to mention a ton of control options. The graphics are decent while not spectactular. But most of all it's simply fun. I'm afraid the length of the game may be too short but is sure is a blast while it lasts. Expand
  7. LukeG.
    May 28, 2007
    This is one of my favourite Wii games. The graphics are good, even up close, with very realistic water. The levels vary greatly in difficulty. There are many different control setups for players to use. There are many multiplayer modes and maps.
  8. DustinP.
    May 11, 2007
    This is one of my favorite Wii games to date. The controls were at times a little "laggy", but everything else made up for that. This game was a little tougher to beat than I thought it would be (especially mission 15, I wanted to throw it out the damn window) <-- I think that is what a great game does to someone. It mentally and physically breaks you down, and you won't stop untilThis is one of my favorite Wii games to date. The controls were at times a little "laggy", but everything else made up for that. This game was a little tougher to beat than I thought it would be (especially mission 15, I wanted to throw it out the damn window) <-- I think that is what a great game does to someone. It mentally and physically breaks you down, and you won't stop until it's over, and that's what Blazing Angels did for me. Expand
  9. SamF.
    Apr 30, 2007
    This is a decent game and worth far more than the 60% average that this site gives. The easiest way to describe this is to say it's Rogue Squadron (Star Wars game) from the Gamecube with World War 2 planes and missions. The controls, using the Nunchuk as the control stick, are relatively intuitive and quite responsive. The graphics and sound are all solid. However, what makes the This is a decent game and worth far more than the 60% average that this site gives. The easiest way to describe this is to say it's Rogue Squadron (Star Wars game) from the Gamecube with World War 2 planes and missions. The controls, using the Nunchuk as the control stick, are relatively intuitive and quite responsive. The graphics and sound are all solid. However, what makes the game stand out is the atmosphere it creates... no other conflict in the history of mankind has quite the effect or drama of World War 2 and this is the best example of a World War 2 flight combat game I've played. Expand
  10. DeanR.
    Apr 26, 2007
    I was a little frustrated with the controls at first but once I got used to them it was pretty fun. The multiplayer was much better than I expected. Graphics wise it was pretty good. If you like WWII style dog fights this is the perfect game to get.
  11. SamS.
    Apr 4, 2007
    This game is awesome. Yes, the controls take a while to get use to, but the game play is awesome. There are many game modes which makes this game fun to play.

#32 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#9 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    There's already a better air combat game on the Wii in the shape of "Heatseeker," but if you'd rather try something more historical this isn't too bad. [Apr 2007, p.78]
  2. Nintendo Power
    Still, the game's biggest problem is a simple lack of mission variety. [May 2007, p.87]
    A game that had a ton of potential, but just didn’t execute well.