• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 9, 2007
7.4

1. Feb 7, 2011
    Bleach: Shattered Blade is a good fighter, it has a great selection of characters, the graphics are great, and the sound and voice work is superb, the story mode isn't that good and falls short in the end, but it's a good way to unlock the characters, with to few versus options and not many other modes to increase replay value it gets stale after a while, but if you enjoy Bleach orBleach: Shattered Blade is a good fighter, it has a great selection of characters, the graphics are great, and the sound and voice work is superb, the story mode isn't that good and falls short in the end, but it's a good way to unlock the characters, with to few versus options and not many other modes to increase replay value it gets stale after a while, but if you enjoy Bleach or fighters you will have a blast with this game even if only for a little while. Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    Oh man! I love Bleach. I already read about 50 manga books. I also got DS game and it was pretty great. I had so high expectations for this. Loading times take forever. There's no story mode just crappy episode mode. (where you have to fight 8 guys - in one episode with ****ing Hanataro Yamada). Sega came up with their own story and it sucks. Combat is horribly mindless. You have threeOh man! I love Bleach. I already read about 50 manga books. I also got DS game and it was pretty great. I had so high expectations for this. Loading times take forever. There's no story mode just crappy episode mode. (where you have to fight 8 guys - in one episode with ****ing Hanataro Yamada). Sega came up with their own story and it sucks. Combat is horribly mindless. You have three choices weak attacks which don't do almost anything. Strong attacks which you have to spam. And special attacks (you have 3) which suck and most of time you use other attack than you want. Dubbing is BAD!!! Expand
  3. PaulD.
    Oct 13, 2007
    For fans of the anime, this game delivers: 32 characters, various modes of play, unlockable content. For the true fighting game warriors that play their character by the frame this game is not for you. It lacks the depth of a namco bruiser that would make me want to play this game years from now. The load times are a bit annoying and the redundancy of the bankai supers make their initial For fans of the anime, this game delivers: 32 characters, various modes of play, unlockable content. For the true fighting game warriors that play their character by the frame this game is not for you. It lacks the depth of a namco bruiser that would make me want to play this game years from now. The load times are a bit annoying and the redundancy of the bankai supers make their initial visual appeal lose their luster. However, it is a fun fighter to play, especially, if you are brawling with a causal gaming crowd. A welcome, albiet shortlived addition to my wii library. Expand
  4. BryanM
    Dec 10, 2007
    This game is easy but then when you get to Ichigo and the big players its like you are on hard mode. the game play is right but is very repeditive. and why even put borring adahma and those not sword players. the maybe only one that is ok that is not a soul repper is that quency i just dont think the others are worth putting in to the game. the loading times are just as bad, they are just This game is easy but then when you get to Ichigo and the big players its like you are on hard mode. the game play is right but is very repeditive. and why even put borring adahma and those not sword players. the maybe only one that is ok that is not a soul repper is that quency i just dont think the others are worth putting in to the game. the loading times are just as bad, they are just to long. Expand
  5. NANA
    Oct 27, 2007
    The game is excellent, and I'm glad the released it in the U.S., but the only thing i dont like about it is that the english voice actors just dont sound as good as the japanese voice actors.
  6. GomezRuben
    Jul 8, 2009
    I cant believe Shonen Jump or whoever it is who owns the rights to BLEACH actually allowed Sega to make a game for their series.

The visuals are TERRIBLE, I feel like Im playing a fighting game on the original playstation! Music - who the hell composed the garbage? They could have saved time, money, and pissing people like me off by using the tracks from the show! ALL the intros and

Music - who the hell composed the garbage? They could have saved time, money, and pissing people like me off by using the tracks from the show! ALL the intros and some of the ending songs from the anime would have been great for this.

Voice acting- Barf. They got first graders that were learning to read to do all the voice overs on this game. The... boy... with... blonde... hair... is...EEE...CHI...GO! Uh durr.... - They should have just included the japanese voices as an option, but like the voice actors, they are also ...uh-durr.

Controls - I know this is a wii game but seriously!? I feel like I'm j@*k1ng off the person next to me b/c the controls are so non involving. Combo system? not really there. Swing the controller like an infant plays with a rattle and you got yourself a 13 hit combo b/c the sword gets swung up and down 13 times! Dont get me started on the "unblockables" and the terrible excuse for "bankai"

BANKAI Scenes: For those of us who know the series, its saddening. The horrible visuals, with the stupid songs, the retarded voice overs, the midi sound effects, and the same dark lamo background(whats the deal with the dark background coming up during EVERY bankai?) makes them a dread to see! Its not that pleasing to the heart of a child still in you feeling with a slight burst of excitement that someone is about to get slapped. I prefer to just not go bankai during the fights JUST TO AVOID THE SCENES.

Difficulty - ummm random should be the default and only option. It all depends on who your fighting. They are either fast and strong with good specials, or slow, stupid and weak. Computer just uses alot of the "unblockables either way.

Story - Ever watched a filler arc and thought, THANK GOD ITS OVER. The story in this game will make you think - OMG JUST SKIP THE STORY LINE SCENES PLEASE!

I'm about to close this rant.

Sega almost went out of business for a reason. This game is a reason for REAL diehards of the series to just want to kill SEGA for developing such a HORRIBLE game.
  7. LD
    Nov 23, 2007
    Addicting fighting game!! alot of fun to play with another person.. a MUST for any Bleach Fans... BANKAI!!
  8. Laurence
    Feb 27, 2007
    Like most anime-based games, whether you like Bleach wii or not hinges on the fact that you've seen around 50 episodes of the show. It's got a good selectiion of characters and moves and deserves to be imported by any fan of the series. If you've never seen Bleach of course, then don't bother.

1. Even with a year to polish it up, Bleach feels like a rushed Wii launch job. Very poor. [Mar 2008, p.59]
  2. As long as you're not expecting a ton of depth, the game will serve you well as a story-based game, a quick therapeutic diversion and a party game which proves, ultimately that there's a lot to like in Bleach: Shattered Blade.
  3. While the game’s story mode doesn’t make a big impression, the solid fighting mechanics and controls make this a fighting game that’s well worth a look.