8.7

1. SteenL.
    May 19, 2008
    Both me and my 8-year old (and all his friends!) really enjoy this game and have already spent many hours playing.
  2. Frankie
    May 19, 2008
    I really like the game design. It's fun to play and very addictive. But I feel the controls could have been made a little more sensitive. I played for maybe 2 hours total over the course of a weekend and feel like I have serious muscle strain in my wrist and bicep from the repetitive motion. You have to throw much too hard for this to be playable over a period of time. Besides that, I really like the game design. It's fun to play and very addictive. But I feel the controls could have been made a little more sensitive. I played for maybe 2 hours total over the course of a weekend and feel like I have serious muscle strain in my wrist and bicep from the repetitive motion. You have to throw much too hard for this to be playable over a period of time. Besides that, I like it. Expand
  3. Sdfgrts
    Jul 26, 2008
    This is a okay game. I dont know where the good ratings are coming from. The graphics/voices are too little kidish. The game gets somewhat boring after the midevil part of the game. This game is pretty good for the adults who still want to play NES. But if u like the wii like an addict, ur not gonna like this game. The music gets annoying, the charaters look like they're designed for This is a okay game. I dont know where the good ratings are coming from. The graphics/voices are too little kidish. The game gets somewhat boring after the midevil part of the game. This game is pretty good for the adults who still want to play NES. But if u like the wii like an addict, ur not gonna like this game. The music gets annoying, the charaters look like they're designed for a 4 year old. Expand
  4. EdP
    May 25, 2009
    I think is overvaluated, I mean is not bad. But, is not son interesting as I thought. If u don't have any expectation you'll find amazing.
  5. RandyB.
    May 30, 2008
    Fun for the whole Family
  6. Bob
    May 9, 2008
    A terrific experience on wii. Truly innovative gaming.
  7. PieterB.
    May 6, 2008
    The funniest game since Super Mario Galaxy.
  8. CAllen
    Jun 4, 2008
    This game is absolutely addicting and fun for the whole family. Best use of the Wii remote. Hope they make a sequel.
  9. BradleyK.
    May 20, 2008
    The overall plot is laughable but the single and multiplayer modes are top notch. The graphics won't win any awards but the block physics and game mechanics are some of the best in the puzzle genre. Boom Blox is a great single player title that really shines in it's create mode. It's as addicting as it is cutsie, which may turn more mature players away but I assure you that The overall plot is laughable but the single and multiplayer modes are top notch. The graphics won't win any awards but the block physics and game mechanics are some of the best in the puzzle genre. Boom Blox is a great single player title that really shines in it's create mode. It's as addicting as it is cutsie, which may turn more mature players away but I assure you that any fan of puzzle games will enjoy it. Think Tetris meets Jenga meets Breakout. Expand
  10. Giovanni
    May 29, 2008
    Very fun game, simple to play. Great way to use the Wii remote, good characters. Enjoyable both in single & multiplayer mode. Graphic suits the game well, and so does the sound. Worth buying at full price but don't miss this if you find it second hand! Two thumbs up!
  11. DavidC.
    May 8, 2008
    Addictive, great group play, great "pavlovian" unlockables. It may sound simple (or only for kids), but trust me -- it's WAY better than you think, and very playable.
  12. JuliusM.
    May 8, 2008
    Really addicting and FUN. I played it for several hours last night and really dug it. I'm sure it will be even more fun with 2 or more people playing.
  13. DavidS.
    May 8, 2008
    One of the few genuinely high quality games I can play with anyone in my family, that includes my 55yr old mother-in-law, and my 3 year old daughter. It's just pure and simple fun, and a total riot of laughs quite often, especially in multi-player as you create precarious situations for your opponent. There's so much variety in the levels it's astounding how much they One of the few genuinely high quality games I can play with anyone in my family, that includes my 55yr old mother-in-law, and my 3 year old daughter. It's just pure and simple fun, and a total riot of laughs quite often, especially in multi-player as you create precarious situations for your opponent. There's so much variety in the levels it's astounding how much they packed in for release. I just wish they had an anonymous community library of player-created levels instead of the silly Wii friend-code system, which is not EA's fault though. Expand
  14. djf.
    May 9, 2008
    Good single player, GREAT multiplayer! Must-own for the Wii. Makes great use of the controller. Any type of human being can pick it up and play.
    May 9, 2008
    This is the best game I've played in this genre on any console and probably my favorite game on the Wii. Period.
  16. JohnT.
    May 9, 2008
    You can't find a better to game to sit around with friends and just enjoy. The possibilities are endless here--especially if you are looking for an awesome way to spruce up those drinking games. Trust me. Strap in (no flying wiimotes at the TV please) and grab some friends, it's one hell of good time.
  17. ChrisJ.
    May 9, 2008
    Great pick-up-and-play appeal fused with amazing physics-based puzzles will entertain for hours! Don't miss this great Wii game as they are few and far between, unfortunately.
  18. ColtonT
    Jun 7, 2009
    Excellent! Spielberg does "casual" better than Nintendo. The only bad thing is the occasional lag on the more complicated puzzles.
  19. KaelenR
    Nov 25, 2008
    It sure is a nice game. But there is just one problem - sometimes I just get frustrated because some of the levels just don't have the right difficulty - like if you only have 2 balls to finish the level and you have to use 1 to hit a vanish block then you only have 1 ball to finish the level. You have to be perfect to hit the bomb block to finish that level. The level editor to It sure is a nice game. But there is just one problem - sometimes I just get frustrated because some of the levels just don't have the right difficulty - like if you only have 2 balls to finish the level and you have to use 1 to hit a vanish block then you only have 1 ball to finish the level. You have to be perfect to hit the bomb block to finish that level. The level editor to create your own levels is great. Even my little brother can use it and he is only 5 years old. Expand
  20. JeffD.
    Apr 29, 2008
    This game is way more fun than Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. It's fun to play alone or with the whole family.
  21. KevinG.
    May 12, 2008
    A highly addictive puzzle game with amazingly realistic physics and a multitude of features. The only things that keep this game from getting a top score of 10 are a.) the price (without Spielberg's name on it the game would NOT be $50) and b.) the awful pain in my wrist after throwing imaginary balls for a few hours!
  22. DanH
    May 22, 2008
    Very addicting, great controls, and just plain fun to play! a perfect party game!
  23. AndrewG
    May 29, 2008
    Everyone I've played it with has become addicted. It is basically super easy and fun to play. However, even friends who never play video games noted "wow why are the graphics in this game so bad?". Not a pretty game at all. But then again, so much of the Wii has to be dedicated to processing the physics that better graphics may have been an impossibility.
  24. Topias
    May 31, 2008
    Great game but i think that those puzzles could be harder.. pretty easy.
  25. EdgarN.
    May 6, 2008
    Love it. Just like playing with building blocks from my childhood, only better and with explosions! One of the best casual, fun games around for the Wii. My fiancee, who doesn't like games, loves it. I have been gaming my entire life and I cannot get enough of it. Highly, highly recommended. One bad note: I wish the editing tool would allow you to bend some of the rules. That said, Love it. Just like playing with building blocks from my childhood, only better and with explosions! One of the best casual, fun games around for the Wii. My fiancee, who doesn't like games, loves it. I have been gaming my entire life and I cannot get enough of it. Highly, highly recommended. One bad note: I wish the editing tool would allow you to bend some of the rules. That said, the fact that an editor is included is cool. It isn't too difficult to use either. Expand
  26. SteveM.
    May 7, 2008
    This thing is awesome!
  27. PerkyNerky
    Jul 15, 2008
    After reading page after page of overwhelmingly positive reviews about this game i'll have to be honest and say i was a little disappointed when I finally bought and played this game. The controls are good and the game is very accessible which enhances the multiplayer mode. However it leaves me feeling empty.
  28. elcad
    Jul 16, 2008
    I went to rent this game and they were all like "ew what's that." And I was like it sounds cool I'm renting it. Then we got home and we started playing and then a little while later they was like "Boom Box is cool ya, I like this game". We liked this game thoroughly. Rented it for 5 days and played it every day. We will buy this game in the future. Thought the controls worked I went to rent this game and they were all like "ew what's that." And I was like it sounds cool I'm renting it. Then we got home and we started playing and then a little while later they was like "Boom Box is cool ya, I like this game". We liked this game thoroughly. Rented it for 5 days and played it every day. We will buy this game in the future. Thought the controls worked well, but the shooting was a bit hard, but not impossible. Very fun single and multiplayer game. Expand
  29. DavidG
    Jul 17, 2008
    Not quite as immediately accessible and tactile as e.g. Mercury Meltdown Revolution as far as accurate physics games go, but it's still fun especially in party mode. Only real grumble is the buggy remote handling, which often loses/jams the pointer and sometimes even reverses its direction - shows a bit of a lack of play testing by EA, and no justifiable reason why this should behave Not quite as immediately accessible and tactile as e.g. Mercury Meltdown Revolution as far as accurate physics games go, but it's still fun especially in party mode. Only real grumble is the buggy remote handling, which often loses/jams the pointer and sometimes even reverses its direction - shows a bit of a lack of play testing by EA, and no justifiable reason why this should behave differently to any other game really. Expand
  30. DamonT.
    May 17, 2008
    Picked up the game and spent about 3 hours which felt like 30 min. A lot fun for the whole family. Great single player and even better multiplayer. A must buy.
  31. Oct 19, 2010
    This is a great family Wii game. Its addicting, fun, and simple. I loved the different levels and the physics. Although it is lacking a plot of a certain degree of difficulty, the game is definitely worth playing.
  32. May 25, 2011
    This game is very fun to play by yourself or with a friend or family member. I was surprised by the graphics and the physics overall. I did notice, however, some minor aiming issues. When I aimed at a block and threw, it didn't respond to my throw, even though I was holding down B.
  33. Dec 25, 2011
    It feels like it could be some sort of flash game, with such simple minigames as aim your wiimote and shoot things, Jenga, and throw balls at things. The multiplayer could have been so much more (that's what I bought it for.) By no means is it UNplayable, just not a 9/10 like the ratings say. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it.
  34. Sep 12, 2013
    I really like Boom Blox, I spent many hours playing it and never got tired of it. I really like that this game can let you build and customize your own levels. Score: 4/5.

1. The production values aren't going to win any awards, and some of the mechanics work better than others(the hose is pretty lame), but Bloom Blox is an innovative and amusing piece of entertainment worthy of the Spielberg name. [June 2008, p.87]
    Boom Blox does what so many Wii titles wish they could, by splitting the difference between casual players and lifelong gamers. You can pass the Wiimote to your grandma or a 5-year-old and they'll have a ball with its clever mix of brainy puzzles and satisfying explosions. But hard-core players like me will find a surprising amount of depth to the gameplay and a satisfying, addictive challenge.
    Boom Blox may not be the best Wii game, depending on your proclivities, but it's definitely the best use of the Wii yet. It's immensely accessible, wonderfully tactile, and stands as one of the best treatments of gaming in a 3D space.