Boom Blox Wii

8.6

1. Frankie
    May 19, 2008
    I really like the game design. It's fun to play and very addictive. But I feel the controls could have been made a little more sensitive. I played for maybe 2 hours total over the course of a weekend and feel like I have serious muscle strain in my wrist and bicep from the repetitive motion. You have to throw much too hard for this to be playable over a period of time. Besides that, I really like the game design. It's fun to play and very addictive. But I feel the controls could have been made a little more sensitive. I played for maybe 2 hours total over the course of a weekend and feel like I have serious muscle strain in my wrist and bicep from the repetitive motion. You have to throw much too hard for this to be playable over a period of time. Besides that, I like it. Expand
  2. Sdfgrts
    Jul 26, 2008
    This is a okay game. I dont know where the good ratings are coming from. The graphics/voices are too little kidish. The game gets somewhat boring after the midevil part of the game. This game is pretty good for the adults who still want to play NES. But if u like the wii like an addict, ur not gonna like this game. The music gets annoying, the charaters look like they're designed for This is a okay game. I dont know where the good ratings are coming from. The graphics/voices are too little kidish. The game gets somewhat boring after the midevil part of the game. This game is pretty good for the adults who still want to play NES. But if u like the wii like an addict, ur not gonna like this game. The music gets annoying, the charaters look like they're designed for a 4 year old. Expand
  3. EdP
    May 25, 2009
    I think is overvaluated, I mean is not bad. But, is not son interesting as I thought. If u don't have any expectation you'll find amazing.
  4. PerkyNerky
    Jul 15, 2008
    After reading page after page of overwhelmingly positive reviews about this game i'll have to be honest and say i was a little disappointed when I finally bought and played this game. The controls are good and the game is very accessible which enhances the multiplayer mode. However it leaves me feeling empty.
  5. DavidG
    Jul 17, 2008
    Not quite as immediately accessible and tactile as e.g. Mercury Meltdown Revolution as far as accurate physics games go, but it's still fun especially in party mode. Only real grumble is the buggy remote handling, which often loses/jams the pointer and sometimes even reverses its direction - shows a bit of a lack of play testing by EA, and no justifiable reason why this should behave Not quite as immediately accessible and tactile as e.g. Mercury Meltdown Revolution as far as accurate physics games go, but it's still fun especially in party mode. Only real grumble is the buggy remote handling, which often loses/jams the pointer and sometimes even reverses its direction - shows a bit of a lack of play testing by EA, and no justifiable reason why this should behave differently to any other game really. Expand
  6. Dec 25, 2011
    It feels like it could be some sort of flash game, with such simple minigames as aim your wiimote and shoot things, Jenga, and throw balls at things. The multiplayer could have been so much more (that's what I bought it for.) By no means is it UNplayable, just not a 9/10 like the ratings say. I wouldn't pay more than $10 for it.

#9 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#35 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Power
    The production values aren't going to win any awards, and some of the mechanics work better than others(the hose is pretty lame), but Bloom Blox is an innovative and amusing piece of entertainment worthy of the Spielberg name. [June 2008, p.87]
    Boom Blox does what so many Wii titles wish they could, by splitting the difference between casual players and lifelong gamers. You can pass the Wiimote to your grandma or a 5-year-old and they'll have a ball with its clever mix of brainy puzzles and satisfying explosions. But hard-core players like me will find a surprising amount of depth to the gameplay and a satisfying, addictive challenge.
    Boom Blox may not be the best Wii game, depending on your proclivities, but it's definitely the best use of the Wii yet. It's immensely accessible, wonderfully tactile, and stands as one of the best treatments of gaming in a 3D space.