5.7

1. Jul 30, 2012
    I love shooting games, but not like this one, it lacks controls like XBOX 360, PS3, Wii. This game is good, but not very great... it needs to be like other shooting games like 007, perfect dark, e.t.c... this isn't my favorite type of gaming.
  2. Nov 19, 2011
    Perhaps this wasn't the best game with which to start playing this series, or perhaps it was. I cannot speak on what others say about Call of Duty: Black Ops being regurgitated material. I can, however, assure you it is a horrifically-paced, shoddy shooter that rewards hyperactive speed over any sort of tactical gameplay. The campaign is laughably bad and manages to raise some serious questions as to why we are treating the protagonists as heroes, and the multiplayer is a stark affair based solely on random bursts of gun play and, confusingly, crossbows. Perhaps worst of all is the unrelenting serious tone; the way the game treats everything that it contains as an absolutely relevant and important event. A definite miss. Expand

Some hardware limitations and online issues keep it from being the ideal experience many fans crave, but the plethora of control methods along with the enjoyable gameplay and captivating story make it a game that people must try at least once.
  2. Feb 6, 2011
    Few games offer value for money like this. [Christmas 2010, p.50]
  3. Jan 24, 2011
    Even with some mistakes, it's clear that Treyarch is no longer a supporting role in Call of Duty.