Call of Duty: World at War Wii

7.6

1. JonathanH.
    Nov 13, 2008
    There are very few outstanding games for adults on the Wii system. This is one of them. Run, do not walk, to the store and get this. You will not be disappointed. The game is a true pleasure to play, first-person shooters like this are awesome on the wii as you simply point at the screen and unload on the enemy, just like in the arcade. Definitely not for kids, there's serious There are very few outstanding games for adults on the Wii system. This is one of them. Run, do not walk, to the store and get this. You will not be disappointed. The game is a true pleasure to play, first-person shooters like this are awesome on the wii as you simply point at the screen and unload on the enemy, just like in the arcade. Definitely not for kids, there's serious swearing, hardcore violence, dismemberment, etc. But for adult Wii owners sick of kid-oriented Mario games this is just what the doctor ordered! Expand
  2. YosoufM.
    Nov 18, 2008
    An absolutely fantastic FPS game for the Wii. While it doesn't have everything the 360/PS3/PC versions have (limited co-op mode, no split screen multiplayer, no zombie mode, etc )due strictly to hardware limitations, it still has great controls, a memorable story mode, and by far IMO the best online multiplayer FPS experience so far for the Wii!
  3. DJT
    Nov 20, 2008
    I used to think medal of honor heroes was one of the best WW2 fps's on the system. Obviously the wifi made the game last well beyond the single player. My only complaint was the few maps for the online play. It got prety monotonous playing the same maps - seeing people going to the same places to pick people off etc etc. I was refreshed to find this COD title. It's a refreshing I used to think medal of honor heroes was one of the best WW2 fps's on the system. Obviously the wifi made the game last well beyond the single player. My only complaint was the few maps for the online play. It got prety monotonous playing the same maps - seeing people going to the same places to pick people off etc etc. I was refreshed to find this COD title. It's a refreshing change from what became so stale with Medal of Honor. I like the faced pace often brutal combat you face. It's also nice to see some pretty decent realism. Medal of Honor was a little far fetched, and pretty scripted. COD has a lot more of a frantic AI feel about it. It's not about racking up points, it's just about survival - not running out of ammo, picking up a rifle off the ground, staying low, and just trying to make it thru the level. If you want a change from Medal of Honor, something with a little more grit, go for COD. It's my WW2 go to game on the Wii, now. Expand
  4. googlefreedomtofascism
    Feb 22, 2009
    Not the best controlling FPS on the Wii, MoHH2 still holds that, but this is pretty good. The fast action is nice, it flows very well with some stutters as the FPS fall during high action sequences, not enough to kill the level of immersion the game affords though. Worthy addition to the FPS library on the Wii.
  5. MatthewM
    Mar 13, 2009
    Call Of Duty: World at War is a very good game, unfortunately, it does have its drawbacks. Wii-players are still waiting to find an awesome FPS, like the ones on other consoles, but COD5 is definitely a step in the right direction. I also have a problem with the Co-Op Campaign, which is nothing more than a second cross hair. Maybe this is par for COD games, but it doesn't make it any Call Of Duty: World at War is a very good game, unfortunately, it does have its drawbacks. Wii-players are still waiting to find an awesome FPS, like the ones on other consoles, but COD5 is definitely a step in the right direction. I also have a problem with the Co-Op Campaign, which is nothing more than a second cross hair. Maybe this is par for COD games, but it doesn't make it any less disappointing. All in all, one of the best shooters out for Wii, and the campaign is loads of fun, with a multiplayer to provide hours of more fun. Expand
  6. RyanS
    Sep 8, 2009
    I enjoyed the game with it's great single-player and extensive multiplayer, but I was a little surprised about what Treyarch left out. Unlike in the PS3 and XBOX 360, it doesn't have zombie mode, death cards, or anything else that the other consoles had.
  7. MattG.
    Nov 14, 2008
    This is the best FPS I have played. Having Kiefer sutherlands voice for the whole of each mission makes you feel like you just walked into a miltary episode of 24 ! The game play and variety of weapons and venues to fight in coupled with the exilliration of the audio and visual effects on screen leave you tense and on the edge of your seat for hours. Love this game.
  8. KayaI.
    Nov 19, 2008
    Excellent game, cant stop playing it. Amazing single player mode and an even better online mode.
  9. nickw
    Mar 16, 2009
    finally a good game for the wii. i beat the game in a week, couldn't quit playing it. now I play online all the time. great gameplay, but wish they would add more levels to online game play. it really needs more levels. all weapons are extremely accurate. DUNE COON level 65
  10. ChaseI
    Jun 27, 2009
    This game is really fun no doubt. It has good controls and a alright multiplayer. If you are looking for a really good fps on wii get The Conduit. It has a much better online multiplayer component and better controls. But Call of Duty World at War is still an alright game
  11. JoselC.
    Nov 12, 2008
    It packs as much from the 360/PS3 version but with Wii controls and a few exclusive features. The controls are fully adjustable (including a wii zapper control scheme), but I find the default controller scheme to be pretty good. Framerate drops do happen, but not enough to affect gameplay. Graphics are a welcome improvement over the PS2-like graphics of COD3 Wii, even if they pale in It packs as much from the 360/PS3 version but with Wii controls and a few exclusive features. The controls are fully adjustable (including a wii zapper control scheme), but I find the default controller scheme to be pretty good. Framerate drops do happen, but not enough to affect gameplay. Graphics are a welcome improvement over the PS2-like graphics of COD3 Wii, even if they pale in comparison to the graphics in other platforms. Overall one of the best FPS on the Wii. Expand
  12. KevinC.
    Nov 13, 2008
    While not as good on the Wii as other systems, this has got to be the best FPS currently out for the Wii. I'm not really one to care much about graphics, so to me it was pretty good graphic wise. I am thrilled that the storyline is exactly the same as the 360/PS3 versions, but I was upset that there was no local multiplayer in this game. Overall, good game!
  13. Dec 21, 2011
    this is one great game that shows the wii is able to host cod title the controlls are good the online is good and the campaign is simply amazing it is a must have title on the wii
  14. May 19, 2012
    The greatest first-person shooter I have played. The campaign is engaging, with absolutely grand and accurate cutscenes. The historical accuracy of this game is quite nice. Probably still one of the greatest Call of duty games ever.
  15. Nov 4, 2013
    Another fantastic CoD game for the Wii. Would be 10/10, but it did have a few very annoying "sticking points" (i.e. parts that were for me almost impossible to beat, and all of them pretty early on in the game) and I liked the control setup for CoD 3 better. Great campaign storyline, and even has an online mode for players who are into multiplayer.

#12 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#36 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Arguably the best WWII game ever. Simply put, if you like first-person shooters this is absolutely essential.
  2. If you're looking for a great FPS on the Wii, Call of Duty: World at War definitely fits the bill. With its impressive graphics, cinematic and brutal storytelling, varied missions, and excellent multiplayer offerings, this is a must play title for mature Wii gamers.
  3. I can find fault with anything.