Carnival Games Wii

6.0

1. TobyO.
    Sep 21, 2007
    I played this for a few hours with my wife. It's just abysmal. Not one minigame stood out to me as being fun or worth a second play. It's also very ugly, and the controls are sometimes overcomplicated (shooting water in a clown's mouth is easier in real life by far). Did we need another minigame compilation? No, we did not.
  2. SteveG.
    Sep 8, 2007
    This game stinks! what a waste of my time and money. not fun at all. boring. store will not take it back because it is open. should have read reviews first before buying. oh well.
  3. SamP.
    Feb 27, 2008
    Very disappointed with this one. Games are very short, and rather boring. The lack of a quick reset feature or a practice mode really drives the rating--dull, dull, dull.
  4. KevinO.
    Oct 20, 2007
    My 8 year thinks its fun, I think its about the worst game we have. Really boring and unstable...actually crashes our console...we have to pull the plug to reboot. I'd avoid it.
  5. RichardH.
    Sep 4, 2007
    I as excited about this game, as I have spent alot of $$ playing real Carnival Games. SOrry to say, this game is a disaster, from it's confusing interface, to 8 bit style graphics, to bad audio design, and, especially, very unituive game play. Unlinke the great Metroid 3's controllers that react the way one thinks, CG Wiimote does not accurately toss, throw, punch, whatever, in I as excited about this game, as I have spent alot of $$ playing real Carnival Games. SOrry to say, this game is a disaster, from it's confusing interface, to 8 bit style graphics, to bad audio design, and, especially, very unituive game play. Unlinke the great Metroid 3's controllers that react the way one thinks, CG Wiimote does not accurately toss, throw, punch, whatever, in the way you are positioning it. Do not buy this. Sold on Ebay 3 hours after playing. Expand
  6. neilbettison
    Jul 13, 2008
    it is like going to the fair the games are not based on skill but luck and the game is so frustrating. i played it for an hour with my son and we were both so bored and frustrated that the next day we took it back to the store. avoid.
  7. Nov 7, 2010
    Quite possibly the most over-selling game ever. This uhh... 'thing' might as well be freeware, and even then it would be utter crap. Honestly terrible, if you want a good party game for kids then get Wii Party or WSR, not this heap of balls! If you're a hardcore gamer, this will be your worst nightmare. Go back to playing No More Heroes 2 or Twilight Princess before you commit suicide overQuite possibly the most over-selling game ever. This uhh... 'thing' might as well be freeware, and even then it would be utter crap. Honestly terrible, if you want a good party game for kids then get Wii Party or WSR, not this heap of balls! If you're a hardcore gamer, this will be your worst nightmare. Go back to playing No More Heroes 2 or Twilight Princess before you commit suicide over this junk. Expand
  8. Sep 30, 2014
    This game is garbage. It's so lame and boring. The mini games suck and the game is extremely ugly. I kinda just want to punch the characters right in their ugly faces.There's not much else to say really.
  9. May 22, 2015
    This game just isn't fun. the minigames are flat-out lame and everything about it is painfully mediocre. If you want a family game that everyone can enjoy, buy Mario Party or something. Just don't buy this game because I doubt you'll have much fun at all. I suppose it's not awful for what it is but it's a game about games at a carnival, which aren't exactly thrilling in real life, soThis game just isn't fun. the minigames are flat-out lame and everything about it is painfully mediocre. If you want a family game that everyone can enjoy, buy Mario Party or something. Just don't buy this game because I doubt you'll have much fun at all. I suppose it's not awful for what it is but it's a game about games at a carnival, which aren't exactly thrilling in real life, so they're even less fun when virtually recreated. It's not horrendously bad, but it just isn't good. Expand

#21 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#15 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Nintendo Power
    If you're a fan of Wii's pick-up-and-play titles, then picking up Carnival Games is a no-brainer. [Oct 2007, p.88]
  2. We dislike some of the controls, and the games that suck in real life are just as annoying in the video game. Four person multiplayer enhances Carnival Games' appeal, but it's not very addictive.
    Carnival Games may look cute, but it doesn't translate into gameplay you'll come back to, and in the end, is just a novelty Wii game that wears out it's welcome way too fast to be worth any price.