Carnival Games Wii

6.0

1. Oct 19, 2010
    At first the game feels like a lot of fun, you can play classic carnival games right in your house! Sadly, there isn't enough to keep you coming back for long and most of the games simple don't work very well. There are much worse party games on the Wii, but this one is far from being fun.
  2. PhilL.
    Nov 30, 2007
    The Good - Simple to play, great for kids (watching the sheer delight on my 3 year old daughters face when she wins is unbeatable) The Bad - Can get a bit repetitive like a lot of mini-game collections The Ugly - Has a great tendancy to crash leaving no choice but unplug the while system.
  3. DonMalone
    Jun 1, 2008
    A light weight collection of mini games that would be more fun in a party atmosphere; in head to head mode. The only reason to play the single player mode is to unlock some of the hidden games. The problem is that they (of the ones I have unlocked) are not as fun as the games in the section same lane that they are based upon, well except for the shooting gallery. These games are played toA light weight collection of mini games that would be more fun in a party atmosphere; in head to head mode. The only reason to play the single player mode is to unlock some of the hidden games. The problem is that they (of the ones I have unlocked) are not as fun as the games in the section same lane that they are based upon, well except for the shooting gallery. These games are played to post a high score only.

If you can get this game at a bargain price, I would set it aside for parties when not everyone is interested in Wii Sports, but on a day to day basis. Don't expect to want to play it everyday.
  4. GuilhermeM.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Not good, not bad. Little bit fun, but only for the first hours you play it.
  5. MilesJ.
    Oct 22, 2007
    I was looking for some new games in the style of Wii Sports and Wii Play and this is pretty good. The games load quickly (unlike Rayman Raving Rabbids) and many are amusing to play. It also really keeps to the carvinal games -- it was fun so go, "Oh yeah - that one!" It IS simple and graphics are sub-par, but it is worth buying used on eBay or renting if you are looking for something like I was looking for some new games in the style of Wii Sports and Wii Play and this is pretty good. The games load quickly (unlike Rayman Raving Rabbids) and many are amusing to play. It also really keeps to the carvinal games -- it was fun so go, "Oh yeah - that one!" It IS simple and graphics are sub-par, but it is worth buying used on eBay or renting if you are looking for something like the titles above. Expand
  6. Filazafer
    Dec 13, 2007
    You get exactly what the title says, "Carnival Games." Nothing more, nothing less. The controls actually feel good and the games are about as fun as they are in real life. The problem is that a picture of a prize is not as rewarding as actually walking away with a huge stuffed animal. I had the most fun playing the game where you drop quarters on to the sliding platforms to push other You get exactly what the title says, "Carnival Games." Nothing more, nothing less. The controls actually feel good and the games are about as fun as they are in real life. The problem is that a picture of a prize is not as rewarding as actually walking away with a huge stuffed animal. I had the most fun playing the game where you drop quarters on to the sliding platforms to push other quarters off. If that sounds exciting to you then I say go for it. I just rented it and I probably won't keep it long enough to play with friends, but I am sure it could be fun for a night. Expand
  7. Feb 27, 2015
    Brought memories of me being back in the carnival as a little kid. But the game looks really bad, I felt like I was playing a PS1 game or something...

1. Nintendo Power
    If you're a fan of Wii's pick-up-and-play titles, then picking up Carnival Games is a no-brainer. [Oct 2007, p.88]
  2. We dislike some of the controls, and the games that suck in real life are just as annoying in the video game. Four person multiplayer enhances Carnival Games' appeal, but it's not very addictive.
    Carnival Games may look cute, but it doesn't translate into gameplay you'll come back to, and in the end, is just a novelty Wii game that wears out it's welcome way too fast to be worth any price.