6.0

1. Oct 19, 2010
    At first the game feels like a lot of fun, you can play classic carnival games right in your house! Sadly, there isn't enough to keep you coming back for long and most of the games simple don't work very well. There are much worse party games on the Wii, but this one is far from being fun.
  2. Caryn
    Sep 17, 2007
    It may seem silly to win "virtual" prizes, but my 6 year old and I really love this game. It's just simple fun.
  3. Stephanie
    Sep 24, 2007
    This is a fun family game/ we were looking for a game with good clean fun and that's what this is. My 6 year old and 11year old love it!
  4. BrianB.
    Sep 8, 2007
    Great game, dont expect alot of depth here. my kids had a sleepover and played it eight hours straight. unlocking costumes is fun. it is what it is, fun family game.
  5. SK
    Sep 12, 2007
    I don't mean to start trouble here, but I cannot believe the couple people here scoring this game a 1 or 0 have even played it.
    8-bit style graphics? Unintuitive gameplay? Its just flat out wrong..While some people may not like the game, it probably has more to do with personal choice than the actual gameplay.
    I got this game 2 weeks ago and it has gotten more play out of it

I got this game 2 weeks ago and it has gotten more play out of it with me and my friends than any wii game since Wii Sports. Its simple, the controls are near perfect, and is a true showcase for the "casual" game on the wii.

I have played one game, "Push a Prize" for hours on end , which either says a lot about me, or a lot about the game...

8.0/10
  6. TobyO.
    Sep 21, 2007
    I played this for a few hours with my wife. It's just abysmal. Not one minigame stood out to me as being fun or worth a second play. It's also very ugly, and the controls are sometimes overcomplicated (shooting water in a clown's mouth is easier in real life by far). Did we need another minigame compilation? No, we did not.
  7. PhilL.
    Nov 30, 2007
    The Good - Simple to play, great for kids (watching the sheer delight on my 3 year old daughters face when she wins is unbeatable) The Bad - Can get a bit repetitive like a lot of mini-game collections The Ugly - Has a great tendancy to crash leaving no choice but unplug the while system.
  8. NanB.
    Sep 2, 2007
    This is the next best thing to an actual carnival. Most games are harder than you think they would be.
  9. SteveG.
    Sep 8, 2007
    This game stinks! what a waste of my time and money. not fun at all. boring. store will not take it back because it is open. should have read reviews first before buying. oh well.
  10. DonMalone
    Jun 1, 2008
    A light weight collection of mini games that would be more fun in a party atmosphere; in head to head mode. The only reason to play the single player mode is to unlock some of the hidden games. The problem is that they (of the ones I have unlocked) are not as fun as the games in the section same lane that they are based upon, well except for the shooting gallery. These games are played toA light weight collection of mini games that would be more fun in a party atmosphere; in head to head mode. The only reason to play the single player mode is to unlock some of the hidden games. The problem is that they (of the ones I have unlocked) are not as fun as the games in the section same lane that they are based upon, well except for the shooting gallery. These games are played to post a high score only.

If you can get this game at a bargain price, I would set it aside for parties when not everyone is interested in Wii Sports, but on a day to day basis. Don't expect to want to play it everyday.
  11. nsusaint
    Sep 5, 2007
    Fun to just put in and waste time. Not the most exciting game, but brings you back to when you were a kid and going to the carnival. I enjoy putting this game in after a session of resident evil 4 or zelda for a change of pace.
  12. Burner2047
    Sep 5, 2007
    I can't believe there are no reviews for this game. I've had it for a few days, and it's extremely fun. This is not just a collection of mini-games, it really evokes the carnival feeling, and collecting the prizes adds replay value. Even "Push A Prize", which simulates those arcade games where you drop in a coin and see if it can push other coins over the edge, is super I can't believe there are no reviews for this game. I've had it for a few days, and it's extremely fun. This is not just a collection of mini-games, it really evokes the carnival feeling, and collecting the prizes adds replay value. Even "Push A Prize", which simulates those arcade games where you drop in a coin and see if it can push other coins over the edge, is super addictive fun. I love this game. Expand
  13. SamP.
    Feb 27, 2008
    Very disappointed with this one. Games are very short, and rather boring. The lack of a quick reset feature or a practice mode really drives the rating--dull, dull, dull.
  14. GuilhermeM.
    Mar 9, 2008
    Not good, not bad. Little bit fun, but only for the first hours you play it.
  15. KevinO.
    Oct 20, 2007
    My 8 year thinks its fun, I think its about the worst game we have. Really boring and unstable...actually crashes our console...we have to pull the plug to reboot. I'd avoid it.
  16. BlakeM.
    Aug 30, 2007
    Tons of fun!
  17. PPT
    Sep 1, 2007
    This was so much fun/ I wish in single player mode they would've had some challenges against the computer though/ or a random games for single player too. Otherwise one of the funnest games on the wii right up there with wii sports.
  18. JosephE.
    Sep 4, 2007
    This game is a lot of fun. It's cheap, and has a great selection of mini games that work well with groups. They also happen to work great as drinking games. ;)
  19. JT
    Sep 4, 2007
    I surprised my 10 yo son with this for his birthday & it quickly became his favorite WII game!
  20. KelliK.
    Sep 4, 2007
    Absolutely love this game! It takes advantage of all the things that make the wii fun - active, quick and engaging alone or in groups. You will play for hours to achieve what you never could at the real carnival. Great Game!
  21. RichardH.
    Sep 4, 2007
    I as excited about this game, as I have spent alot of $$ playing real Carnival Games. SOrry to say, this game is a disaster, from it's confusing interface, to 8 bit style graphics, to bad audio design, and, especially, very unituive game play. Unlinke the great Metroid 3's controllers that react the way one thinks, CG Wiimote does not accurately toss, throw, punch, whatever, in I as excited about this game, as I have spent alot of $$ playing real Carnival Games. SOrry to say, this game is a disaster, from it's confusing interface, to 8 bit style graphics, to bad audio design, and, especially, very unituive game play. Unlinke the great Metroid 3's controllers that react the way one thinks, CG Wiimote does not accurately toss, throw, punch, whatever, in the way you are positioning it. Do not buy this. Sold on Ebay 3 hours after playing. Expand
  22. LyndseyC.
    Dec 11, 2007
    A very fun series of mini games that give off the illusion of attending a carnival. Some games seem difficult at first but become easier with practice. Great game for families and people who want to do a lot with their Wii controllers.
  23. MilesJ.
    Oct 22, 2007
    I was looking for some new games in the style of Wii Sports and Wii Play and this is pretty good. The games load quickly (unlike Rayman Raving Rabbids) and many are amusing to play. It also really keeps to the carvinal games -- it was fun so go, "Oh yeah - that one!" It IS simple and graphics are sub-par, but it is worth buying used on eBay or renting if you are looking for something like I was looking for some new games in the style of Wii Sports and Wii Play and this is pretty good. The games load quickly (unlike Rayman Raving Rabbids) and many are amusing to play. It also really keeps to the carvinal games -- it was fun so go, "Oh yeah - that one!" It IS simple and graphics are sub-par, but it is worth buying used on eBay or renting if you are looking for something like the titles above. Expand
  24. neilbettison
    Jul 13, 2008
    it is like going to the fair the games are not based on skill but luck and the game is so frustrating. i played it for an hour with my son and we were both so bored and frustrated that the next day we took it back to the store. avoid.
  25. Filazafer
    Dec 13, 2007
    You get exactly what the title says, "Carnival Games." Nothing more, nothing less. The controls actually feel good and the games are about as fun as they are in real life. The problem is that a picture of a prize is not as rewarding as actually walking away with a huge stuffed animal. I had the most fun playing the game where you drop quarters on to the sliding platforms to push other You get exactly what the title says, "Carnival Games." Nothing more, nothing less. The controls actually feel good and the games are about as fun as they are in real life. The problem is that a picture of a prize is not as rewarding as actually walking away with a huge stuffed animal. I had the most fun playing the game where you drop quarters on to the sliding platforms to push other quarters off. If that sounds exciting to you then I say go for it. I just rented it and I probably won't keep it long enough to play with friends, but I am sure it could be fun for a night. Expand
  26. Nov 7, 2010
    Quite possibly the most over-selling game ever. This uhh... 'thing' might as well be freeware, and even then it would be utter crap. Honestly terrible, if you want a good party game for kids then get Wii Party or WSR, not this heap of balls! If you're a hardcore gamer, this will be your worst nightmare. Go back to playing No More Heroes 2 or Twilight Princess before you commit suicide overQuite possibly the most over-selling game ever. This uhh... 'thing' might as well be freeware, and even then it would be utter crap. Honestly terrible, if you want a good party game for kids then get Wii Party or WSR, not this heap of balls! If you're a hardcore gamer, this will be your worst nightmare. Go back to playing No More Heroes 2 or Twilight Princess before you commit suicide over this junk. Expand
  27. Mar 6, 2011
    This game is a fun selection of mini games t hat make great use of the Wii's motion controls, it has some great secrets to find, but it's disappointing that you can't use your Mii to play these games, but this is a great family friendly title I highly recommend to Wii owners.
  28. Sep 30, 2014
    This game is garbage. It's so lame and boring. The mini games suck and the game is extremely ugly. I kinda just want to punch the characters right in their ugly faces.There's not much else to say really.
  29. Feb 27, 2015
    Brought memories of me being back in the carnival as a little kid. But the game looks really bad, I felt like I was playing a PS1 game or something...
  30. May 22, 2015
    This game just isn't fun. the minigames are flat-out lame and everything about it is painfully mediocre. If you want a family game that everyone can enjoy, buy Mario Party or something. Just don't buy this game because I doubt you'll have much fun at all. I suppose it's not awful for what it is but it's a game about games at a carnival, which aren't exactly thrilling in real life, soThis game just isn't fun. the minigames are flat-out lame and everything about it is painfully mediocre. If you want a family game that everyone can enjoy, buy Mario Party or something. Just don't buy this game because I doubt you'll have much fun at all. I suppose it's not awful for what it is but it's a game about games at a carnival, which aren't exactly thrilling in real life, so they're even less fun when virtually recreated. It's not horrendously bad, but it just isn't good. Expand

1. If you're a fan of Wii's pick-up-and-play titles, then picking up Carnival Games is a no-brainer. [Oct 2007, p.88]
  2. We dislike some of the controls, and the games that suck in real life are just as annoying in the video game. Four person multiplayer enhances Carnival Games' appeal, but it's not very addictive.
    Carnival Games may look cute, but it doesn't translate into gameplay you'll come back to, and in the end, is just a novelty Wii game that wears out it's welcome way too fast to be worth any price.