5.0

1. Dec 24, 2011
    I'll say it again... The movie is excellent, the game is one of the worst of all time. This game makes no sense, after playing it for about 5 minutes will make you think, "Why did I buy this again," or "What's going on?"

If you value quality software, whether designed for adults or for kids, this title is your mortal enemy. It reeks of dated gameplay design ideals, loses nearly all the substance and style of the book and movie respectively, is too difficult at points for kids, and is too short for your money. Never mind the fact that if you're as unlucky as me, you'll encounter a crash bug that prevents you from completing the experience.
  2. The best thing I can say about Coraline is that it’s not broken. It works, and just about anyone could play it from start to finish, but I don’t understand why anyone would want to.
    It's too bad the play mechanics are not more engaging, especially given the potential of the Wii-motion controls. But as is, the range of mini-missions and quests you lead the precocious Coraline through will feel familiar to anyone who's played any number of average film-tied titles.